Is a 225 lb. bench press considered respectable?

Is a 225 lb. bench press considered respectable?

I've been stalling at 75kg for months (for reps, thankfully), so I'd say yes. 1/2/3/4, was it?

it's the "i lift" weight
nothing impressive but depends on where u started ofc

For reps yes

Doing it 15-20 times, yes

For one? No. For 5x5, yeah I'd respect that.

As a 1rm it's not that respectable unless you are like 160. For 3x8 or 5x5 or whatever (for reps, basically) it's pretty respectable pretty much no matter your weight. 225lb bench easily puts you in the top 1% of gym goers and the top .01% of the general population

if youre of an average build or less when you start lifting its definitely respectable

Depends on your body and what not. If you weigh more than 225, then no. If you weigh under 200, then highly respectable

the fuck it is.

i'm 148 lean and do a 3x5 225 BP, and i sure as shit don't respect it.

Lads I'm 185 lbs and I can do 225 for 5x5 with three of the sets being fully paused and I only have 16 months training from couch potato. Up your standards anything that can be achieved in less than 2 years is not impressive

It may not be respected by experience lifters who know what they are doing but for a lot of gym retards they go in day after day making very little progress doing meme exercises. So it's respected by normies pretty much

You are a retard. Re-think your life then go back in time and euthanize your mom so you can abort yourself.

Just by the fact that you are on this board means you are PROBABLY already in the top 1% of the planet in fitness.

Saying 225lbs isn't respectable is a retarded position because it assumes that everyone is like you. That's like asking a bunch of guys at the olympics if a 405 squat is impressive. Obviously to them it's dogshit. But if you tell a fucking normie you squat 405 they are gonna call you a steroid freak.

Same thing with benching 225. Why do you think they use it as the base for the draft, a la OP's picture? Because it's a respectable weight for a fucking prospective pro-athlete you cuntwaffle

>I'm 185 lbs
it's almost your bodyweight so this is not impressive at all in your case

It almost definitely is unless you're over 6 ft or surrounded by people that only train for strength. And even then nobody is gonna laugh at you for a 2pl8 bench.

Working at something for even a year consistently is certainly respectable. Idk why you fags think everything is worthless unless you tren from birth and surpass all of humanity.

>225 lb. bench press respectable

If it is full pause, and the guy is under 200 lbs, then it is decent.

I'm 150lbs and I do 12-13reps with 230lbs, I don't consider that special, quite the opposite...
still better than my crappy deadlift tho...

To me it is, but I started out benching only 55 pounds.

>tfw haven't even hit 1 plate because fat retard that has to permanently cut

Body weight bench = Person lifted for strength for like 8 months
IDK I'd say 225 is respectable in a way, but not impressive.

at 225 you are no longer dyel
315 will get you respect of most gym goers
405 will get people mirin

At a good number of reps with decent form yes
a single rep bounced off your chest with your legs spazzing out? Not really unless you're light and/or female

I do like this response and think its warranted.

But he does have a point in saying that 2 years with consistent effort on anything and you should have a movement thats not only respectable but impressive.

That actually seems like a good metric.

pretty sure 315 will get mires

225 ain't bad but who are you lifting for if not yourself?
My growth is slowing at 275 after 4 years but I'm pretty happy with it as long as I keep seeing progress, no matter how slow. It makes me wanna pin a little though.

>unironically weighing less than 185lbs
225lbs bench is pretty impressive for a lady desu

on Veeky Forums: not respectable

real life: very respectable

2-plate bench is the absolute minimum for a man to be considered strong.

It's respectable but not in any way impressive to anyone but dyels. You could see it as a lifting license

>It makes me wanna pin a little though

watch out, we've got a manlet seeking attention

For a non professional athlete it's respectable, yes, a normal natural lifter will break the 100 kg mark in 3-4 years on the average and not many people have the motivation to train 3-4 year constantly.

How tall are you?

ITT: 30 dyels who can't bench 2 plate

>4 years to hit 2pl8
Jesus Christ this board has gone to shit

for 1 rep? no
for multiple reps and sets it's impressive

if it takes you more than 2 years to hit 2pl8 you're female or low test

Fix your form

>4 years for 2pl8

i broke it in 11 months with shit diet

fuck, i hope this is bait

I've been lifting for 1 year and 10 months and am repping 190 for 3x5. 1RM was 210. Should I give up?

>TFW bad shoulder tendonitis and will always be a scrub

The record at the combine is 51 reps that's pretty cool

>tfw never got bench over 100x5x5
>tfw starting over a year later and it's only at 80

Lads, you may never be impressed by me, but I swear to go I'm going to get to 1pl8 eventually.

na, you're doing well mate

Everything you read here is a lie unless they post a video.. and even then they aren't natty

This. I broke it in 6 months as an alcoholic. I started at 120

5'7".

lanklets coping is hilarious. keep telling yourselves whatever you need to feel better.

Never give up, user. Maybe work with a spotter, switch out weight for reps every so often.

Took me about 14 months. That last 20 was a bitch.

Some of you guys are crazy. I know I can't hit 225 bench after lifting for a year. 315 squat though is no problem. I'll probably get it within another year though. Long skinny arms at 6'3" don't help I guess.

seconding the swap for reps. swapped to a DB bp for higher reps, and also hit triceps a bit harder, made great gains on bb bench.

>5'7
More like 5'5 bro you don't need lie on the internet lmao

COPE

How the fuck do some of you hit 2 plates so fast?

Fun fact, posting anonymously on the internet can increase your lifts by up to 20 percent

lift and eat properly. keep pushing your limits. also, not everyone started off as a skelly

sorry lad, the little people like you have to compete with pocket hercules, he competed at 60kg body weight

Yes it is, don't let the pseudo-lifters idiots here twll you others, people told me I was lifting "way too much for my body" when I loaded 1pl8, then they closed their mouths forever when I started loading more.

To be frank, any weight over 1pl8 is respectable in my book(and with most gym normies, the mere sight of a skelwton benching over 1pl8 is intimidating), especially if you have been lifting for less than 6 months and started as skellyfag or hamplanet loser.

1. blatantly lie
2. be a fat manlet with tiny arms and count your half reps as full reps
3. steroids

any one of those will do it.

I'm 6'3 and probably look better than yo manlet head ass

I'm 153 and I can only do 1 rep.

It also reduces body fat by 5-8% and puts one solid inch on your cawk.

Sums up alot of it right here

COPE COPE WEAK LANKLETS

I've been lifting 2 years and bench 140.

Don't get disheartened by people here, no one irl cares about the numbers. I still look way bigger and better than the average guy.

Accurate but I would definitely mire 315 as well.

Currently at 255 for 5. Been lifting for a year and 3 months

post body pls

Kek manlets are such angry people

I feel you brother. There's something about that damn 75 - 80kg stall. Been watching Alan Thrall videos for form, hoping that will help.

You can become respectable at anything within 2 years if done properly.

It takes very little time to go from absolute shit to pretty respectable, but going beyond respectable into "I can't actually fathom how you are this good" territory is what takes the extra time.

Like you can play every classic rock song ever written within 2 years of guitar playing and everyone will think you're a god but you've got a lot more work to do before you can play something by Jeff Loomis.

90% of the posts that claim they got to a 225 lb bench in 3 months don't mention how they started at 200 lb body weight

>Spent 6 months getting to a 215 pound bench
>Was still fat as fuck with no visible muscles
>Back to dieting.

I don't even want to know what it'll be when i finally cut down and start lifting again. Just cut first lads...

Same story here kinda. Gained too much weight and made decent strength gains but now I'm in month 5 or 6 of dropping all of this dead weight while trying to keep the strength (nothing is going up at this point). At least I've kept most of the strength after dropping 40lbs.

Kek, you're a weak lanklet compared to naim, pity you're also a weak manlet too

Be heavy
Do lots of push ups before you start lifting
Play football in HS
Do a program with actual high-volume bench (not SS)
Care about your bench more than you care about squats

Thrall is good. His RDL/deadlift video helped me break a 345 plateau a month ago and now I pull 390.

Leg curls and RDLs shoot your DL way up, fast if you haven't fucked with them before.

>what are genetics
>what is natural strength

chances are you haven't worked harder than most other people here, at least the ones who actually lift. don't be such a twat, be grateful for what you have

>trulife hd

>bench press
>form

nigger just push

i think tall people have a huge advantage in bench compared to other lifts. i know a 6'4" guy that can press 4 plates and i'm over here at 5'7" at 1.5 plates.

why do you think tall would have an ADVANTAGE in bench?

do you have any idea how far our arms have to go?

its my current max but i started with the bar

I highly doubt you even do correct form if thats the case

>tfw it took me 6 months just to get bench form down so I don't hurt my shoulders.
Meanwhile fit superstars hit 2pl8 in 1 month.

Checked and wasted

>he doesnt bench lmao 4pl8s

absolutely pathetic

yall's chest is a lot bigger, and you don't have to go down all the way, just until your pecs activate fully.

Should I just kms?

I'm a year in and cant even 1pl8 yet.
I started at barely being able to push 40lbs for 2 though.

Veeky Forums being retarded and expecting everyone to be an elite athlete again. Yes OP it's respectable most people will struggle to get that far and it's likely most people in this thread either can't hit or struggle with it.

You are making progress. Keep at it man.

lol most people in the free weight section can't do 225lbs bench.

Also I met Frank Yang at goodlife today in Toronto.

come at me bro.

the guy is nervous as fuck in RL

Sometimes even a 100%

this is true. after i started posting on Veeky Forums, all my lifts doubled in less than a year.

and i also got 3 girlfriends. we usually sleep all together.

No, just keep going, on my first day I vividly remember not being able to shoulder press 8kg dumbbellsb seated, I hit 1pl8 ohp about a year ago

I got to 225 in two months, never lifted a day before in my life.

Just remember to take your creatine bros.

I'm 165, 1RM 205. Havent been Veeky Forums long. thoughts?

i could do 2 reps on 160kg about a year ago and my tip for everyone stalling with benchpress and chest is: stop doing too much work on ur chest and instead of a full chest workout just do heavy benchpress and then train either delts or triceps, or both.

how much u benching now? also were you natty?

i benched that on my 3rd day at the gym so...