/fat/ - "grandma makes tasty treats" edition

Prev thread:
My malayalee grandmother said she'd make chakkavaratti for my birthday. Good times ahead, lads.

>Who is /fat/ for?
for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Other urls found in this thread:

supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

7k a day on a cut isn't too bad, right friendos?

The mcdonalds diet is finally paying off. Lost 2lbs in two months

>paying off
>2lbs in two months
Lol, i've lost more than that in 2 weeks.

CONFESS TO HELP BREAK YOURSELF
FROM THE CYCLE OF /FAT/CARNATION

>tfw ridiculous weight fluctuations
Not even eating much salt and I track calories autisticly.

just slept for 17 hours
and I feel dead right now
not hungry though

>To fat to squat
My lower back is lacking in muscle from sitting more or less the whole day for the past 10 years with some minor exercise, and I've been going to the gym 3 times a month now, but I still can't really squat with or without the bar. It's so stiff, so heavy.

Feels bad man..

I wish I could fast forward to the next day. I always just get bored and find myself walking into the kitchen.

supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/index.html

Please add to the header.

This is a great tracker/predictor.

Especially if you are data driven.

>still 15lbs away from my goal
been trying to get to170 from 200 for 3 months now and only managed to make it half way, looks like I'm never gonna make it

>a whole large pizza and slice of chocolate cake
ganesh save me

Aight /fat/ getting settled in new place

Compile my shopping list

I know it's cliche but the closer I get to my goal the further away it seems

if I can word this right...
20lbs away is like; I'll get there eventually, just keep going
10lbs away is like, just keep doing what I'm doing
5lbs away is like, holy shit I'm nearly there, final hurdle, don't fuck it up now you idiot

then you start counting the days and time moves 1,000% slower

These threads should be deleted immediately. You fat fucking disgusting pieces of shit. I hope you die of cancer.

Starting a 7 day fast.

>cancer
>not heart disease
apply yourself

same here minus the cake
>Little Caesars ultimate supreme
>each slice is 310 calories
>8 pieces to a pie
>tfw ate 2480 cals, 1000 more than I normally eat.

>rice
>chicken
>beef
>rice cooker
>roaster
>Glass Tupperware
>veggies
>Montreal Steak Seasoning
/thread

I completely agree, when I had to cut for football id start at like 220 then would stall at 183 for what seemed to be eternity. Trying to lose weight is like the dmv in hell, you're gonna be stuck in line forever

More likely heart disease or complications from diabetes

>total disregard for health
>die of pure bad luck
that doesn't seem justified

Posted about this a couple threads ago, got no reply.
After using several different BMI calculators, I am seeing those that involve measurements of the neck, hips and/or waist are putting me at 22/23% while others are placing me 4-5% higher.
Am i making it or are my odd measurements throwing the calculators off?

BMI is useless for anybody with any degree of muscle mass

bmi calculators are based on height and weight, how did you get a bf percetage out of that? also you should get some fat calipers if you wanna know your bf.

I've been craving disgusting carbs the past few days really hard. Idk what but just want to stuff my face with something desu

haven't fucked up yet though. wojak give me strength

5 slices of fruit cake

I swear to god I didn't put that desu there

what is going on did I have a lapse in memory?

Thoughts?

It's time to sleep user

>fat guy stays fat while yo-yoing between 500 and 600lbs
this didn't activate my almonds at all, fat people are tend to gluttony, takes work to stop being gluttonous.

>5 different capcha slides before it would say verify
fuck this shit.

have a lie down lad

Down 39kg calories, 122->83kg, finally in a healthy BMI range, taken 7 months though...

7kg to go till I'm a decent weight, I feel so good though.

Welcome to Veeky Forums newfriend

>no broccori

Shamefur

how do you look thought

>broccoli isn't a veggie

Fucking proud of you bro
keep going

speaking of, i should be 83 in a couple weeks which would mean i'm finally in a healthy bmi too
hope you'll be there to wish me well

Do posts have randomly generated desu at the end sometimes? I've been lurking for a while and thought people just added it for the hell of it

honestly desu people just like to say words senpai that desusenpai don't mean anything or like add to the sentence and stuff.

Has anyone here tried the Brian Butterfield diet? Did it work? I'm tired of trying fad diets that dont fucking work

You dont need water from arctic, snake oil or activated almonds, just track calories and eat less its not rocket science.

>after dinner
>resisted to get a beer, icecream or several cookies
>instead made a coffee
Feels good

Tbh you're pretty new, senpai.

I don't know what that is but it sounds retarded

>coffee after dinner
wtf nigga dont you wanna sleep tonight

>Implying youre insults dont motivate me more
Self loathing and the feeling of a gun pressed to my temple are the only things keeping me in the gym.

Let's pretend your TDEE is 2000.
That means, in a week, you eat 14000 to maintain weight.
A 3500 deficit is about a pound of weight lost.
This Brian Bullshitfield diet is described as Days 1-5 low cal, Day 6 cheat day, Day 7 "rest day"(??)
So lets assume:
>Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri - 800 cals x 5 = 4000
>Sat - cheat day of X cals
>Sun - 2000 cals
= 8000 + unknown cheat day cals
14000 - 8000 = 6000 calories left over until maintenance.
Meaning, if you want to lose 1lb/wk your cheat day can't exceed 2500.
Math changes if your TDEE is higher/lower, though.

"Highest weight" (and "lowest weight") isn't the same as "starting weight."
Maybe he got down to 520 in 2014/15/16 either through not even trying or a weightloss effort that he soon quit, and then Feb 1 2017 he started a new effort with a new SW.
Conclusion: he's probably not lying.
That said, bragging about the weight you lost a year or two ago then plateau'd is lame.

look up "Veeky Forums word filters" if you're curious

would you call working out every day for 25 - 35 minutes lightly active or moderate? I don't do anything else besides sit at a desk and walk the dog sometimes

I do interval running/jogging (C25K) one day and curls, flies, reverse flies, and bench 15x3 for the other day.

Thank you for restoring my faith in my brain and relieving my fear of a psychological break

Always lowball it, jump in calories is quite big and you never make up for it with exercise.

np desu senpai baka

>relationship problems

help me not lose faith in everything and just throw my whole life to waste. It's hanging by a thread.
This was the last thing going on good in my life.

C'mon user, you're doing it to yourself. To prove that you can lose weight.

I know. You're right. I should focus on myself. Being happy being by myself, and loving myself for who I am. Cheesy shit, but it's gonna take a lot of believing in this to get me through it. Just...just gotta stay strong.

I ate a Bacon Turkey Bravo from Panera Bread

Fuck everyone dude youre doing this for yourself

Everyone else is dead weight

thanks for the reminder. for a while, it seems I forgot.

>Just...just gotta stay strong
We're going to make it user.

My partner broke up with me about 6 weeks ago now, together for 7 years. It did wonders to break my plateau, I've got so much motivation to look hot. I'm happy I get to focus on me. I didn't want to be alone so spent as much time as I could at the gym.

You can get through it. It's always going to be shit to start off with but in the grand scheme of your life it is small.

Yes we're gonna make it. People come and go, in the end, life is a solitary experience.

What has /fat eaten today?

2 bottles of soylent
1 starkiss "lunch to go" tuna salad pack.
1 can of tomatoe soup to go.

1170 of my 1500 calories

shit man...that's a long commitment to be broken off...I'm sorry for you going through this, but also happy that you dodged the bullet so to speak.
You're right, I'm going to focus on everything you did, even if it works out in the end, and just go my own way when things turn really sour.
I'm going to spend more time socializing with people, I think it'll help.

20g oats
10g chia seeds
4g honey
0.2g cinnamon

245 cal Pumpkin porridge with
10g flax meal
10g chia seeds
15g peanuts

40g black bean pasta cooked in
25g ddeokbokki sauce
4g nutritional yeast

Planned for later
150g birthday cake Halo Top

Total: 967

You can go two ways after a break up.

You can wallow in despair and eat your weight in ice cream or drink away the pain, skipping on work and staying in bed to be left with your downwards spiralling thoughts. Cutting yourself off from social interaction, isolating yourself. You'll inevitably feel worse about yourself.

Or

You can keep yourself busy. Find someone to have lunch with on your work to shit talk with, find a good series to watch or listen to whilst you're at the gym. Maybe even take up classes so you're just around people for a bit. My appetite disappeared completely but I tried to find nutrient rich foods to eat. I ended up having quite a lot of hummus, almonds and protein shakes. You can treat yourself in non food ways, I got my nails done and I'm getting my hair done. You will inevitably feel better about yourself.

lunch, oven baked:
250g chicken
210g mushrooms
2 onions
everything marinated in some vinegar with red pepper, chilli and origano

snacks
3 coffees with 50ml milk each
3 hard boiled eggs

dinner:
100g some oatmeal/nuts combo
200g low fat yogurt
1 banana
All sums up to 1500cal. I stop eating around 8 in the evening and start eating after noon, I don't do breakfasts. I've read that doing at least 12hours of not eating will boost your metabolism and lose weight more effectively.

I won''t go into details here, but I relate a lot. I can't believe this happened to me. It was over some petty stuff. We're not over, but this gave me a bit of a hit as it was over something small, but that I can't change for a really long time.
I'm going to take this experience as a reminder to always put some distance for cushion, and I'll do a bit of everything you said in the latter alternative. Thanks for the advice, it's really appreciated.

>together for 7 years
Was it sudden out of nowhere breakup or it was gradual decline in love breakup?

100 g of sunflowers
250 g sausage
~300g boiled potatoes
~300g sauerkraut with minced meat
That's it for whole day
Total around ~1500 kcal or even less

Soylent is my buffer aganst fast food or vending machines.

relationship problem user again
I'm actually thinking of asking for a break now
just to reevaluate things
how should I go about it? this is my first serious relationship, and I've never had a break before.
I still love the person, but I want to give myself some time to get over what happened, and for the person to think through what happened too.

Kraut is love kraut is life.

Say that. But dont plan om getting back together

I'M DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT BUT THE GUILT STILL CONSUMES ME

What does a break actually even do

"oh we're broken up but don't fuck anyone pls and still be loyal to me even tho you have no reason to be"

Sounds like you want to cut the cord but can't bring yourself to do so

well...it's a gamble. I don't know if it's worth it now. I need some buffer zone and space to just not be a sour bitch about what happened, just to reason through things. It's that or I'm going to be biting my tongue trying to make believe everything is fine when it's not. But what can I do if I don't want to lose the person? Do I have to stand my ground and just do it? I'm such a weak cunt. Sorry for post unrelated to gen's topic.

see above to understand why I want the break.

I ate very well today so why do I feel so guilty and sad

Can't really give you advice if you don't spill the beans user

What is a good hrm? I dont want a chest strap model.

Top kek, I bought one of those pre-made, pre-heated burrito's from the Walmart deli section. It was good, I'm thinking about picking up one of those cheap rotisserie chickens too.

I feel we need a bajoran religion wojak

>lose 20kg
>great weightlifting
>still sweat uncontrollably when doing anything more than a 15 minute walk

Explain

The person of interest browses Veeky Forums sometimes. I really shouldn't care if they see this, I have a right to talk about it.
I'll try and be as vague and precise as possible.
Say I am like you...on a deeper level. And I did one of the things you advised me to do to feel better about myself, because I wanted and needed to do it. Something very accessory. And the person did not like that, even though we had come to an agreement beforehand where I had let them know my intentions and they agreed to it too. So I did the deed, and it did not please them. They were not into "it" actually. It turned into a confrontation because person assumed I was impulsive (I've been talking about it since a month ago) and said some mean things about how what it is is not appealing to them and questioning my sanity. The thing I did takes time to "fix" though it's not broken in any way, except in their mind.
There was a short break in our communication due to movement on their part, and that is when I posted my original message. I then wished them a good outing, and they answered when arrived at the event.
Basically apologized, reiterated that what I did was strange behavior to them, and then said as long as I liked what I did, they didn't care.

Now I'm fine with them not liking it, I just need some time to go through the motions of pushing out the amalgalm of hurt I've felt, and to just move on with it. So I'd like a couple days to just focus on myself. I'm afraid to be seen as too sensitive.
I'm sorry for this mess of a cryptic message, but you're a girl, you'll get it I hope.

>lose weight
>girls talk to me
thank you /fat/

nice user! keep going!

>>lose weight
>>girls talk to me
How much weight?

You didn't fall for the polyamory meme did you

>lose weight
>cashiers are nicer to me
>that's it

Kill me

no, we're exclusive. what I did is a very accessory personal thing girls like doing. it's cosmetic. I've said too much already...

Boob job?

The chances of your bf seeing this are zero btw

Okay. I cut my hair short because I fried it bleaching it a couple times. I told him I was going to do it, even sent him a selection of haircut styles pictures for him to tell me which one he liked best, and stated that it would be short. He said then he didn't really like short hair, but was understanding about the fact that I should grow a new healthy batch, and needed to get rid of the dead hair to do so. So when I cut my hair today, I expected him to be supportive and actually not react like he did... It looks good too.

>tfw shat while on the treadmill again.

>breaking up over a haircut

Come on now

Just tell him that you were hurt by his reaction and ask why he didn't tell you how he properly felt beforehand and how this is upsetting you. Clearly this is bothering you because you wrote a wall of text trying to obfuscate the matter on an adipose removal forum, perhaps you're being a bit oversensitive? It's never nice to have someone you care about tell you that they don't like something that's now stuck on your head 24/7 but it doesn't seem relationship ruinous.

This.

It is fucking hair. It will grow back. (Unless your me and your bald)

You're both retarded in my opinion

Of course I will, still have 10kg to lose.

I deleted my posts because clearly I'm shitting up this general with my nonsense. I don't fucking care if they saw them.

Well again I don't know the full details but hair can be important for a lot of guys attraction-wise

But yeah that sounds like he was being a bit of a dick

Again, talk it out with him, communicate