Prove me wrong. You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wdSivE9ECWk
youtube.com/watch?v=N94bms4-52w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have no qualms with your power rankings tbqphwyf

thanks friend

how do i into sambo

Unless you live in Russia it will be fucking impossible to actually find a dedicated Sambo school. Best bet is to look around MMA and grappling schools and see if they teach sambo.

How is this a martial arts thread when you've literally started the thread with a troll list?

All martial arts are inferior to weapons in this day and age. Sure it's nice to know but knowing Muay Thai or Boxing doesn't mean jack shit if someone's buddy just smacks a broken shard of glass in the back of your neck while his friend is distracting you or 3 guys just tackle you and stomp on you while you're on the ground.

So what do you do martial arts for?

Competition or fitness?

As for fitness, all martial arts are inferior to actually working out because no martial art actually focuses on the biggest muscle groups of the human body, which are the legs and ass. No martial art makes you get big ass muscular glutes to be great at that art.

Competition? Then there cannot be any rankings because each martial art has its own competition.

Then is it fun? or are you literally making some stupid ass martial art list that's effective for MMA?

In any case, shitty start for a thread.

yoor welkum fren

u forgot pipebomb tho

Wrestling > Judo.

Judo requires a a judogi to properly do your throws. You won't always have loose clothes to grasp in a fight.

HOW CAN YOU EVER RANK PHYSICAL FITNESS ROUTINES WHEN A FORKLIFT WILL ALWAYS OUTLIFT YOU

>get into football throughout highschool
>train martial arts in off season(kick boxing, boxing, some bjj, some wrestling)
>partially tear both shoulders and get at least 3 concussions
>have to quit martial arts for football in senior year
>graduate
>haven't participated in a sport in years, only lift and diet
>can't do any martial art because shoulders are fucked up now and I'm scared of CTE
i miss martial arts. I just want to spar again, but it would be irresponsible to let myself get hit in the head any more.
Plus, my shoulders are so fucked up. I can lift all types of weight now, but any type of punching still hurts and is stiff.
Luckily I can still stretch and kick. I'd be interested in Sambo but it's literally impossible to find a gym here. I'd have to move to russia for years and open up a gym here.

It doesn't feel too bad because I never cared about competing, but rather cared for knowing a means of self-defense, but I still miss the training. Nothing beat it.
Feelskindabadman

LOL

because a physical fitness routine gets you better at physical fitness you retard

which is exactly why this OP's shit list makes no sense without context

I could easily say that list is flipped upside down in ranking of living healthy without brain damage

Good luck doing a double leg takedown on the pavement. Say goodbye to your knees. Also many throws in Judo can be done without a gi for example an Uchi Mata can be perfectly done without a gi, and it's a very tried and basic move. A lot of people wear coats and jackets outside anyways so there's that too.

Yes, and training martial arts will get you better at martial arts you retard. Of course it's not going to stop someone if they sneak up on you and clock you in the head with a baseball bat, just the same as it won't save your legs if you fall two stories off a construction site. Distancing and timing could plausibly aid you against multiple attackers enough to escape but even that alone is slim to none. That's obviously not what the list was comparing and saying "Martial arts are dumb and all are invalid if someone shoots you with a gun" is stupidly far removed from any obvious context. The 'context' of martial arts ranking is obviously the effectiveness of the fighting style compare to other fighting styles.

Are you fucking retarded?
That's exactly why OP's list is garbage. Weapon martial arts have existed for a long ass time, and I didn't even mention a gun you worthless shit.

It's not a list of "what's a great martial art"
It's a list of "what's good in MMA"

Fucking worthless cancer.

In your context you said that martial arts are inherently useless in the streets yet you point out the validity of "weapon martial arts" as if they're worth a damn even though they're even more bullshit than "muh MMA martial arts". How do I know you've never done a martial art in your pathetic life? Get the fuck out of here you stupid fucking mongoloid.

>implying there are only double leg takedown in wrestling

Kill yourself you worthless cancer.
This was my original post.
You've agreed with me while trying to disagree with me.

You're actually fucking cancer lol, I've won golden gloves.

Weapons will beat martial arts 99% of the time.
Doesn't stop me from training though, I love that shit.
The best way to win a street fight is to just not get into one. Otherwise, you better have a weapon, or be very fast.
Street fights =/= martial arts though.
I love training, competing, improving, and winning. I don't fight random fucks at the bar or at the club. I'm not some fucking man-child.

These dumb comparisons need to die already, fucks sake.

>boxing
>god tier
>one-dimensional nigger shit

Not him but you've never done any martial art seriously because pretty much all martial art makes you learn self-discipline to not fight outside of the ring.

You're just a thug who prob went to a gym for 1 month and quit. Bitch ass nigga thug.

>complaining about that after you implied all judo throws require gi grips

>As for fitness, all martial arts are inferior to actually working out because no martial art actually focuses on the biggest muscle groups of the human body, which are the legs and ass. No martial art makes you get big ass muscular glutes to be great at that art.

What do you consider "actually working out"? Lifting weights in the gym? Running? How are these things superior to sparring/rolling when they only train one's strength and cardio separately? It's one thing to be strong, and it's one thing to be endurant, but trying to be both at once is something else entirely, especially when you're competing against another human who's looking to coax your brain into shutting down temporarily (KO) or forcing you to tap by threatening to break your limbs (submission). If you had ever fought in your life - competition or otherwise - you would already know this, and there would be one less shitty post on Veeky Forums today.

All fighters combine technical work with strength and conditioning, you silly cunt, it's not like everyone in MMA has disavowed weights and roadwork entirely. Why the fuck would you think otherwise?

>No martial art actually focuses on the biggest muscle groups of the human body, which are the legs and ass. No martial art makes you get big ass muscular glutes to be great at that art.

This has to be bait. No one can be that casual.

>Boxing God tier
>BJJ Good tier
something's fishy

>not stepping back and admitting that both sports are effective and grapplers should team up against dumb strikers

You know you are pretty much guaranteed to have CTE right?

No one who's serious about martial arts trains for street fights. If you're actually any good, you're doing it for the love of competition. That said, someone who trains Muay Thai and BJJ (with a little bit of wrestling thrown in for good measure) will have a no problems with a street fight. Unless you've conditioned yourself to take punches, and know what it's like to be rocked by a solid combination to the head, you won't fair well against a professional fighter (by this I mean someone who competes on the national or international circuit, not the kinda people ITT who just do pad work and light sparring three times a week).

Have you read/heard the stories online about UFC fighters who make a habit out of getting into street fights? I'm talking about the Chuck Liddell, Alistair Overeem, Bas Rutten types. They have drunk people approach them at bars, looking to pick a fight because they know them by reputation. And guess what? It never, ever ends well for the untrained guy.

I guarantee that I live in a more dangerous part of the world, and that I've been in more street fights than you. No one gets hurt too badly in a fight, because 80% of the time people stick to using their fists, and afterwards the losing person/party just limp away to feel sorry for themselves elsewhere.

I'll start wrestling soon (free stlye) after several years of boxing and savate.
Does weight plays a big role ? The weight classes are pretty far from each others

Yes it's bait. There always are butthurt guys like him coming into each martial art thread trying to derail it.

>pad work and light sparring three times a week
Are you retarded? With your criterias there would be 20 persons per country who could be effective in a street fight.
Knowing how to throw a punch will make you win most street fights, no need to "compete on an international circuit" fucking kek.

What weight division do you qualify for? Unless you're LHW and upwards, you shouldn't have too much trouble with concussions, unless you're unnaturally easy to rattle.

Doing football for that long probably hasn't been good for your health, but unless you suffered several concussions in a season you should be alright. It's normal to get concussed a few times as a teenager, if you hadn't been, I'd say you wasted your time staying inside.

Literal retard

>Knowing how to throw a punch will make you win most street fights, no need to "compete on an international circuit" fucking kek.

Confirmed for having never actually been in a fight. The kind of people who start street fights (as in, one's you can't just walk away from) will know how to throw a punch just as well as someone who only does pad work and light sparring. Unless you compete, you're basically untrained. Don't go around saying you "totally do Muay Thai brah" if you're just some cunt who sits in a casual boxercise class. Any 200lbs + guy has KO power, but a trained fighter will win a street fight because he has technique and endurance.

I hate to be the one who tells you this, but your autism is just as obvious online as it is in real life. You're not being slick, it's obvious how full of shit you are. Don't talk about things you don't understand, because it's really, really embarrassing.

>being so retarded you went full circle and actually advocating that lifting and getting strong will make you win any fight against a light opponent who box and spar 3 times a week
What the fuck is wrong with you lad? Did you loose a match against a beginner who used to "light spar three times a week"?

>20 persons per country

Where the fuck do you live, the micro states of Polynesia?

There are 12 people who fight out of my gym. And throughout my city, I'd say there are about 6 other (serious) Muay Thai gyms with a similar number of people on their roster.

If you factor in other arts, like boxing or kickboxing, there would have to be hundreds of real fighters in my city - perhaps thousands across my state.

If you could actually read, you would know that
>technique and endurance
Is developed through serious competition and training. Please show me where I advocating lighting, you silly cunt. Christ, it's like you're trying to embarrass yourself.

If I didn't know better, I'd say your stupidity was caused by brain trauma, but then again I know you're never fought in your life, so...

You're literally saying that a heavy guy who fight in the street with his guts will rekt a dude who train for boxing 3 times a week. That's plain retarded. I'm the one doubting you ever fought anyone in your life rn.

I'd move wrestling to god tier for conditioning/aesthetics alone. To me it seems by far the most physically demanding of all the sports.

t. MMA-pro

Weight is massively important in wrestling, but so is skill. When I wrestled for a short while, I was about 170, but much less skilled than those I was sparring with; people from 130 to 150 could make short work of me because their conditioning and knowledge were so much better than mine. In fact, the only thing that gave me roughly a fighting chance against them was the fact that I had 20 pounds on them.

However, if I'd been just as good as those people, a 20 pound difference would mean a basically uncontested blowout. Even a 5 pound difference can be that significant in the lower weight classes. As you go up in number there's diminishing returns though; that's why classes start out 4-5 apart and then get up to 10-12.

spotted the nigger boxer

Do I risk brain damage if I get into wrestling?

>Boxing
>Judo

Both of these shouldn't be god tier

Is it too late for me to start wrestling? I'm a 19 year old sophomore in college and I always wanted to do it in high school but I didn't want to stunt my growth. How would I start practicing wrestling? Am I too old and inexperienced to compete.

Doubtful. There's headgear, and much like rugby, Newton's laws are in full effect on a wrestling mat. Anything that happens to you is happening to the guy doing it. At worst you're risking joint damage.

Where the fuck did I say that? Just put the exact words in quotes and prove me wrong, it's not that hard. If you were actually correct in understanding what I've been saying, you would be able to show me, not just paraphrase everything.

What I'm saying is, unless you train seriously (five times a week, with moderate to heavy sparring, agility drills and road work for endurance) for real, sanctioned competition, you can't be classified as "trained" - you're just doing it as a hobby. If you are trained, however, you will fair well in almost every street fight, and for obvious reasons to those who actually fight for more than just exercise.

Do you need me to explain it simpler?

Just cauliflower ear my dude, and that shit sucks when you get it because you'll be draining your ear with an insulin needle for the rest of your life. Just be smart and wear your headgear or you'll fuck up like me.

I didn't start training MMA until I was 21, having never done any kind of combat sports before. It's never too late. Just be realistic about your goals.

Do you regret spending a few years doing a grappling or striking art? I do MMA too, but I'm not sure how I would have started without a background in Muay Thai. Do they actually teach you a particular art, or is it just condensed MMA?

*not spending

Thanks my man. I'm 23 and I'm starting this year, I'd like to compete a bit, not anything crazy (national lvl at most). Is it possible?

Ask your college's coach if you can get in on a practice out of interest. Tell him you like fitness and whatnot. See if the conditioning isn't enough to turn you off the sport.

Allright I admit I was shitposting, it's just the elitist attitude I don't like, a lot of people can't train professionnally and it doesn't make them useless in a street fight. 3 times a week is actually decent, I would have agreed if you had say 2 or 1 time a week with no spar.

You're still approaching your physical prime, so if you're dedicated enough, there's still time to take it all the way to the top. Your only disadvantage will be experience, but you should meet lots of guys who've been wrestling since HS who can help you out.

Allright thanks, I did a lot of different sports and I want to settle for one, and just be good at it. Don't want to be an expert or the best one you know, just good and trained.
Judo is far more common in France though, wrestling clubs are hard to find, I hope it won't be shitty.

I loathe Judo so damn much in France. The federation is cancerous to its fullest.
It's the reason why MMA competitions are still illegal. They're scared to lose all their competitors.
Fucking cunts. Fuck Jean Luc Rougé. You moronic imbecile

Most clubs are nurseries, parents throw their kids in there so they can have some peace in the evening.
We have a lot of determinate young guys, we could be good on the mma scene, I agree it's bullshit that it's forbidden.

MMA wouldn't even change that. No 8yo will compete in MMA, they'll still start their "judo éveil" bullshit. That's where the bulk of the federation money comes from.
The worst part are the arguments that are used. Muh cage fighting and hitting on a downed opponent ;_;

>best way to win a fight is to not get into a fight

What did he mean by this?

>Kickboxing below MT
>Sambo above Wrestling
American detected.

Sambo used to be popular in the whole Soviet union. I'm from Eastern Europe and basically a third of the MMA schools teach some form of sambo, but i can tell you that modern competition sambo and the style used in MMA/cage fighting has little to do with the old-school military shit due to regulations. If you want to learn real sambo, you go to certain bodyguard/self-defence academies where some ex-military dude in his mid-fifties teaches you to literally maim people until you can do it half-asleep.

as someone who does BJJ I wanted to be mad about this list but

yeah it's pretty accurate.

You have to consider the enviornment. In a street fight, judo is probably the most dangerous art, since everyone wears some form of clothing and the real weapon is the concrete. Wrestling on asphalt cuts your endurance by 90% since a prolonged fight means you wont have a single scrap of skin left on your shins and knees.

As a form of contact sport or for self defence? If the former:

I'd swap Wrestling with Judo purely for the fact that wrestling conditioning is much harder (overall). This would also be a major reason why boxing would be in god tier in the first place - most boxing schools heavily emphasize on conditioning. Similarly, unless its a genuine MT school, it can be god tier to shit tier. And its also the same with BJJ, because there's a lot of mcDojos nowadays since they're both trendy as fuck.

Finally, as proven by UFC, TKD would be shit tier on its own, but its godly when used as an accessory for striking performance.

Depends on what type of Kickboxing really. MT is just the most comprehensive type of kickboxing in that it allows knees, elbows, clinch, takedowns and leg grabbing.Kickboxing that doesn't allow any of those, and maybe even anything 'below the belt' is bordering on TKD tier.

If you can't perform throws without the gi you don't know wtf you're doing

Not hating but why bjj below judo curious

I agree

Move to russia or eastern europe. No other way.
Honestly i don't think that grappling would be that useful on streets. In mma its good, because there are weight classes. But on the streets i am not going to try to take a big guy down, especially if that guy has some basic grapple exp. I would rather break his fucking head in with a chair, kick or knee him in his solar plexus and gtfo while he is losing his breath. or try to quickly go for a KO by surprise. You still need to know grappling in order to defend yourself from it. Thats one of the reasons muay thai is good, you get taught enough basic grapple to defend yourself from being taken down and to knee noses into faces of people who try to tackle you.

>judo
>sambo
>god tier

nice b8 faggot

Tips on throwing more stronger/faster punches? People say put your body into the punch but I have no clue what that means exactly. I think it means move more than just your arms, but thats common knowledge. Unless it means involve core, feet, shoulders, etc. then I have no clue.

Also does anyone know any full body stretching routines? My shoulders are tight as fuck

>Tips on throwing more stronger/faster punches? People say put your body into the punch but I have no clue what that means exactly. I think it means move more than just your arms, but thats common knowledge. Unless it means involve core, feet, shoulders, etc. then I have no clue.
Your hand should be relaxed until the very last moment, thats how you deliver the most power from your body to your punches. Proper breathing technique is important. You can't throw fast shots if you are all flexed and tight. And well, practice makes perfect, just doing punches will make you better at punching. Do your plyometrics, do bags, practice your technique and you will become better. Give it time.

I've heard a good exercise is to have a sponge in your hand and to squeeze it moments before the punch lands. Also its not cringey to yell or whatever when punching. Keeping it all in quietly (not sure if true) makes you weaker

Well, shit..

god tier: mma. Has the fewest rules of any normal martial art and the smallest lightest gloves of any striking.

Learn krav maga you inbreds

Wanna learn the right moves? Find a coach, a lot of gyms offer a free week to see if you like it. Just learning the correct way to throw a punch or kick is completely game changing, 90% of people on the street have never thrown a serious punch

It also depends what your throwing. A jab means you strike with the hand closer to your out leg. When your glmove to jab you lean forward and pivot on the ball of your lead foot.

A cross is a strike from the hand resting in the back. This is delivered with the same leaning in motion and pivot of the BACK FOOT. I practice Muay Thai so I'm not sure if this form is for anything other than that and boxing

>Judo
>God Tier

I know the basics, just want to improve upon them. I already trained in an MMA gym for like 6 months but I'm looking for a new one now since I had to move to another city. Found a really great one 30 mils away and another one nearby thats not as good but not bad

HOW CAN YOU RANK BIRDS WHEN AN ELEVATOR CAN LIFT A HUMAN?!

>Kyokushin Karate
Can I get a quick rundown?

Also, why the FUCK isn't Taekwondo on the list, OP?

Wrestling is god tier

>Also its not cringey to yell or whatever when punching. Keeping it all in quietly (not sure if true) makes you weaker
Eh, just exhale as you breathe. No need to yell neccesarily. You can make whatever noises you want to make when you exhale, it doesn't matter. As long as you are exhaling as you punch, you are doing it right.No need to make boxing tsch tsch sounds or yell like karate people do.
>I've heard a good exercise is to have a sponge in your hand and to squeeze it moments before the punch lands.
Well, you can't really land your punches on anything when you have something inside your hands like a sponge, you will fuck up your hands. Ultimately the best thing you can do is to practice on a heavy bag.
You forgot to mention that you should put your shoulders into the punch. A good way to see if you throw a punch properly is if your shoulder can touch your cheeks. Make sure to keep your other hand up, a good way to feel it out is your boxing gloves touching your cheek. My coach just slapped my cheeks every time i would punch to make me hold my hands up, lol.

So roll your shoulders basically

Full contact karate, no gloves or punches to the head. Kicking the head is fine. Pretty tough, moreso if you learn how to properly punch faces for non-competition use.

"Tough guy never back down" attitude in competition as well. Lots of people just wailing at each other until one can't take it anymore.

Yeah. Those are just good cues for you to use, when you start out.

>boxing better than kickboxing

Literally how

>found biggest fucking retard in the entire thread

Literally impossible to properly learn Krav unless you live in the Middle East. Also, most of the techniques are shit anyways. Kali is superior in every way.

What does Veeky Forums think about 10th Planet BJJ? They use science to BTFO meatheads like you.

youtube.com/watch?v=wdSivE9ECWk

>uses science
>believes earth is flat

Interesting take in BJJ but
>retarded names
>relies too much on meme positions
Does have merit and a lot of useful stuff in it.

You should know boxing and wrestling to be the most well rounded. Or judo in place of wrestling. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant. You're not going to be able to round house kick some guy in a crowded club. This isn't karate kid.

You don't have to drag your knee across the ground to shoot a technical shot. Snatch singles and even snatch double legs exist (albeit the double I've only really seen in heavyweights who are using low risk techniques to avoid the sprawl). I'd say that wrestling and judo are equally viable for self defense. I don't recommend shooting a low single on concrete, but the right wrestler could make it work.

Muay Thai is GOAT because it has knees, elbows, and the clinch. Perfect tools for close quarter fighting.

>implying the one martial art that involves literally two guys beating the shit out of each other with pure strength and good strategy isn't god tier
go back to your karate classes kids

how do i into muay thai

Kickboxing puts too much focus on kicking and as a result it causes your boxing skills to be lacking.

how to combine lifting and martial arts/combat sports?
I'd like to get back to kickboxing,im lifting 4 times a week. 1 class a week seems not enough. i use heavybag at home but dont have anyone for sparring.

Well here in America where there are bloods and crips, winning a street fight usually just means getting shot later by the losing party. Suck my second amendments you Indian bitch

>You're not going to be able to round house kick some guy in a crowded club. This isn't karate kid.
Roundhouses don't come naturally quickly, but it doesn't mean they can't be used. You can break bones with roundhouses.

Tbh i wouldn't bother grappling a bar fight, especially when fighting a bigger dude. I am gonna push kick you in stomach and gtfo while you are out of breath. Or knee you if you are trying to grapple me. Or punch you in your face and try to quickly knock you out. I am not gonna bother grappling in real fight, this isn't ufc, we don't have evenly matched weight classes here. In mma grappling would be more important, because of even weight classes.
This^ Honestly MT is prob the most well rounded martial art for street fighting. Its basic, effective and straightforward. You have your 8 "weapons" that you only use in the most basic and straightforward way and you have your clinch.
Go mt gym and train there? lol
Do 3 days a week kickboxing/mt, 3 days a week lifting. Being a bigger stronger guy isnt everything, but it helps. Its not gonna make you slow, thats a meme.
youtube.com/watch?v=N94bms4-52w
This will help you with your conditioning and will save time. Ignore assistance stuff, you don't really need if you do fighting IMO.

I do muay thai for over 10 years and i have literally limbed someone from low kicking him. He was 10 kg less than me but trust me, it works. Most people have completely uncondintioned legs. Not to mention gym bros have skinny legs that fold with a well placed kick.

And if the other guy is heavier than you and bull rushes you you can apply my favorite technique, the knee to the thighs. Works from clinch range and it fucking hurts.

And with no gloves you are more likely to hurt your hand than the opponent by punching him. Elbows ,knees, open palm strikes and hammer fists are the most effective strikes if you aren't wearing boxing gloves.

Also grappling is great but the weight differences in fights outside the ring diminish this effectiveness. Takedown defense is the most important grappling skill you can have.

Most fights outside the ring never last long. 99% it's some guy trying to appear macho. If he encounters an onslaught of knees and elbows he will give up. If he doesn't he has gone into murder mode and no martial arts can protect you 100% then.

Oh and if a knife comes out just don't fight.