Routine advice

How is this routine? I'm looking for aesthetics and some strength as well. Been doing it for a while now, is it too much volume? Doing it in a PPLXPPL fashion. The / means alternating each workout. So start with bench one workout and OHP the next one.
Thanks in advance!

PULL

aDeadlift 3x5 =
/BB Row 4x8 =
Pullups 3x9
Seated Cable Row 3x10 =
DB Rows 4x9 =
BB Shrugs 3x15 =
DB Shrugs 4x20 =
Barbell Curl 4x8 =
Hammer Curls 4x10 =
Rear Delt Raises 3x15 =
Abs

PUSH

BB Bench Press 5x5 =
/Barbell OHP 5x5 =
/BB Bench Press 3x8 =
Barbell OHP 3x8 =
Weighted Dips 3x10 =
Incline DB Press 3x8 =
Cable Flyes 4x10 =
Lateral Raises 4x10 =
Front Raises 4x10 =
Skullcrushers 3x10 =
/DB Skullcrushers 4x12 =
Tricep Pushdowns 3x10 =
Abs

LEGS

BB Squats 5x5 =
Romanian Deadlift 3x10 =
Feet High Leg Press 2x12 = (feet high, glutes)
Quad Leg Press 2x12 =
Calf Raises 3x25 =
Cable Curls 2x10 =
Incline DB Curls 2x10
Facepulls 4x20 =
Wrist Curls 3xF
Abs

Other urls found in this thread:

ufile.io/ffwjq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That volume is obscene, you'll run out of steam by day four if natty.

Okay thanks! What would you recommend? Remove dips or incline maybe? Alternate them?

u could try nsuns 531 5day if u want a more linear strength progression, i find that its easier to follow and improve on my lifts then ppl

for beginners go with candito linear str/hyper if you want aesthetics but strength progression will be slower than on routine like SS

for intermediate:
>28 free
>the journey
>candito 6w str/hyper

all of these routines have accessories in them to make you big and also focus on strength

Starting strength + GOMAD

Didn't find the journey, but thanks to both of you :)

ufile.io/ffwjq

zip file. you need something like 7zip to open it obviously

Doing that level of volume is a beginner is absolutely retarded. Honestly I cannot believe there's people out there doing this trash. Why the fuck do you think you need to do so much accessory work? Assuming I understand your push day correctly, you're doing 331 reps across the workout. You may as well be doing cardio dude.

A PPL routine is so fucking easy to construct.

Heavy (alternating) compound 3x5-8
Light (alternating) compound 3x8-12
3-4 accessory exercises

That's it.

Yeah, was thinking that. Not a beginner tho. Been training for a year ish

too much volume if natty
just google Coolcicada or, if you want to deadlift, Metallicadpa

How's this?

I love PPL but I'm limited in terms of equipment so I figured more volume would make up for lack of 3-4 accessories per day

GVT Jesus, I couldn't handle that many sets

I love long workouts but I'm worried that the low weight and high volume isn't actually all that beneficial senpai

I know someone else has said this but that is a ridiculous amount of volume. There's no way you'll be able to do all that and consistently add weight to your lifts. If you've been training for a year I'd recommend an Upper Lower unless you can 1/2/3/4 str standards. I repeat that's far too much volume.

You really only need something like this for Pull day as I'm not writing your whole routine.

3x5 Deadlift
3-4x5 Pullups (weighted if needs be although you can do as many as you like desu)
3-4x8-10 Rows
3-4x8-10 Lat Pulldowns
3-4x8-10 Curls
Abs

I don't advocate Shrugs unless you can Deadlift 405+. You're majoring in the minors doing silly accessories when your big compounds aren't heavy enough before that.

Take a look at your push volume too. You want at LEAST a 1:1 push to pull ratio, I aim for 2:1 so you may need to throw face pulls into Pull Day. Fuck knows where you've got 2x12's from etc. on your Leg days.

If you haven't hit big numbers on your main compounds, keep them as 3x5 and include an AMRAP set at the end if you like if the weights too light but it's not at all necessary. Accessories to bring up hypertrophy and therefore muscle size is great but you've put 5x5 lifts on your compound then a ridiculous amount of volume after it. You'd struggle even on gear.

yeah you don't know how to write a routine, stop. Your push pull ratio is completely off and you don't understand the concept of horizontal and vertical pull/pushes.

Follow someone elses routine and ask questions, don't create your own until you understand push pull ratios and the same rules for anterior/posterior of your leg ie. quads and hamstrings or you'll just end up with shoulder issues and APT/PPT.

>doing 25 sets for pull day

>doing 44 FUCKING SETS FOR PUSH DAY
>44 SETS!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA did you literally go through an exercise list on exrx and just pick them out at random? Why the actual fuck would you EVER do all these fucking exercises? Do you want to be in the gym for 4 hours a day? You're supposedly going to go 6 days a week too, so fucking 24 hours a week in the gym? AN ENTIRE DAY? hahahahahahaha

That's just Metallicadpa's PPL with the things I lack equipment for removed and volume added on existing lifts in the same category to compensate. What's so wrong?

Right okay so I think you have a formatting issue and it looks a lot worse, that being said you've still added unnecessary things in there. Leg day has 2 "variations" of leg press and you've added more curls and wrist curls??? You've also took away the hamstring element outside of RDL's, again, keep the volume equal or more on leg exercises too. Imagine your pelvis like a jug of water, keep it straight or too much quad and not enough hamstring will cause it to tip forward ie Anterior Pelvic Tilt and vice versa (although PPT is much more rare).

I think people have misunderstood including myself the / in the routine due to your formatting being wrong. Upload a print screen in future, other than that I don't think it's that bad.

Stick with Metallica's format, don't change it unless you're substituting it for something else. Adding stuff for biceps is fair enough I don't really care myself if someone wants to do 100 sets of biceps on 1 day, they don't affect your lifts really unless it's triceps affecting your press.

Reformat it and add the replacement subs in. I'll stay in the thread a while longer to review if you wanna repost.

Thanks mate, you've been a great help.

While you were replying I was going through Metallicadpa's thread again, making sure I hadn't missed something crucial and, well, I had. Dude offers alternatives for people who lack equipment, so I really fucked up. I could've just done his program with recommended alternatives.

Fortunately I only just got started on my meme program, so I don't feel like too much of a tool.

Also personal bias but I just think Upper Lower is better as an advanced beginner but it depends on your life in general. I think 4 days a week gets people missing less workout days and having to fuck around less with making sure they keep their ratios balanced and it still has the benefit of not being as taxing as doing everything in 1 day and takes less time. If you can however make it the gym consistently 6 days a week then by all means but I just find doing all my Upper stuff in 1 day is better as if I miss my lower day, it's no big deal I'll just do it when I'm next in and I don't have to worry about doing Pull etc.

Is that man doing barbell flys?

That's no worries bud, I have my own Upper Lower I've written that takes a lot of principles from other programs. I keep my Pull to Push ratio as 2:1 or near enough and use AMRAP on final set like Greyskull on compounds and use a Rep Goal System almost on my other lifts OR a standard PO system if you just wanna add weight to the bar. Best of both worlds then and makes it more of a decision for the user as it gives them the option to keep the weight the same until they hit 4x5 or add weight at 3x5 if they feel ready for it.

I can send you the template if you like or you can have another go at creating your own subbed out PPL.

Best of luck.

I probably won't have access to the necessary equipment for your program, but I'd love to see it for future reference. If nothing else some other user in the thread might benefit from it. Again, cheers mate - I probably would've never realized if not for you.

No problem bud. Good luck!

As stated if you can't see the text, you can alternative 3x3-5 OHP and Bench but I keep mine as is. Lower and heavier rep OHP tends to cause me shoulder issues and I believe they respond better to 5-8 with a lighter weight due to them only being a small muscle group.

Can do Pullups over LPD's on both the Power and Hypertrophy days. I personally think everyone should do Pullups or Neutral Grips over LPD's but not everyone can do the reps required so just work up to them and use the LPD to assist in muscle recruitment til you can.

Can add weight if you hit 3x3 but I usually recommend at least 3x5 or 4x5 before you increase the weight as I just don't believe in rushing from point A to B as it will recruit shittier form and injuries or at least increase the risks by a lot.

Copied from other successful routines like Greyskull, PHUL and general 3x5 routines.

also you can just simplify the routine even more and change main compounds to 3x5 and accessories to 3x8 is theyre in the 6-10 range, 3x12 if they're in the 10-15 but I don't think it's that complex to understand.

Add weight as little as 3x3 and as much as 4x5, this depends on how confident you are. Drop weight if you can't hit 3x3 or the lower rep range of any of the movements.

Easy to copy or just print out and make a booklet of it for workouts.