Is meditation a meme Veeky Forums?

Is meditation a meme Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Zm3biDen2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=zqrpKUTMXgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The spiritual parts that often come with it are outdated and obviously bullshit, but meditation itself is quite good for the mind.

This. Like many disciplines people inflate it's importance with ritual and spirituality, but practicing conscious mental control and setting aside time to just clear ones mind and de-stress is extremely healthy. It's like yoga, very real and tangible benefits to practicing strictly controlled movements and improving your flexibility, but it won't give you super powers or unlock your chakra or something.

Do the wim hoff
Step 1
3 minutes off deep inhales shallow exhales (don't exhale fully)
Step 2
Exhale fully and hold breath until you gasp (you can time your hold and try to improve)
Step 3
Inhale fully and hold another 20 Seconds

And that is one round preferable to three

Similar results to meditation without the mumbo-jumbo
Good luck with your journey

>not unlocking their telekinetic power gains through meditation

youtube.com/watch?v=2Zm3biDen2Y

Just makes u light headed as fuck

this
it can help reduce stress and push your test this way

Its not. The spirituality aspects of it are memes, but generally for mental health and stress relief its quite good.

How to meditate though? Is there a newfag guide to meditation?

Most people don't have time for it but it's very good for you in almost every aspect of your life.

There are actually scientific research into enlightenment, but we know very little of why it happens.

But there is a physical difference between the left and right brain after having "woken up"

source:
youtube.com/watch?v=zqrpKUTMXgY

>scientific research
>citation is youtube

what is this? high school presentation day?

Yes. Meditators all like to pretend that it's some spiritual journey when really you just sit still and chill the fuck out for a few minutes.

Believe it or not, but some people are incapable of chilling the fuck out.

Spend 10 days on a Vipassana retreat and find out for yourself

www.dhamma.org

A lot of people confuse it with astral projection or something equally dumb. It's not to say that chilling out can be easy, on the contrary it's something that you have to practice. At the same time, there isn't anything magical about it at all.

With this attitude you will never become one with the universe and experience the ecstasy of the infinite divine love user.

It helps with lucid dreaming if anyone is interested in that. I did it for a year, 40 minutes a day, and had 2-3 lucid dreams per week.
Other than that, yeah, it doesn't do anything that is significantly noticeable.

my man. Did the same last january and going back this weekend for another week.

ITT: People who don't know much abut meditation but have strong opinions about it.

OP you should go to a Zen Center and ask if Men's Physique has put too much emphasis on mass recently.

it doesnt give you any special abilities if thats what you are saying. Nor does it make a person less prone to anger

the mysticism and spiritual shit is bs obviously

you're literally sitting there and focusing on your breathing for 5 mins, 10 mins, 30 mins, an hour, however long per day and it does help you relax though. that's been proven

they say it helps with decision making and focusing in your everyday life

>i'm 14 and know everything the post

You will never go deep enough into meditation to experience the "spiritual" aspect, so there is no reason to ever care about whether it is true or not.

>the mysticism and spiritual shit is bs obviously

Spiritlet detected.

I try to meditate every day, has helped me astronomically. Got me off prozac and gave me enough willpower to drop from 260 lbs to 200 at 6'4"

>11:11:11
>66

My chakras have become aligned

>spirit

scientists used to use this word to try to explain sperm cells. Then they realized it was bullshit and abandoned the term. This is where you idiots pick it up