What shoes does Veeky Forums wear to the gym?

What shoes does Veeky Forums wear to the gym?
Are lifting shoes such as pic related good/acceptable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsYAobvp0D0
youtube.com/watch?v=IFKFR1vsTYs
instagram.com/bg_waiweight/?hl=sv
chineseweightlifting.com/product-category/shoes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

adipower

also don't buy anything less than pp2 if you want a solid shoe. those pl2/3 are crap

what's wrong with pl3s? been using them for a while and they hold up when squatting

sole compressed at pretty low weight

what weight are you talking about? I've used them doing worksets up to 3 plate and never had any problem

could be you're placing too much weight on your heel, i've literally never heard of this problem before

not exactly sure but i believe it starts to happen around 200 kg. should be tests on youtube if you're interested. i think i've seen them on some oly shoe review site when i was buying mine and deciding.

they are a good beginner shoe just not a good long term investment if you plan on lifting for a very long time. much better to pay those 50-100$ more and get a shoe that will last you for your entire lifting career

lol I use some new pumas I bought

still repping 4pl8s on squat

Some scuffed vans ive had for like 3 years

i have been using the powerlift 2 for almost 3 years and have held up fine. unless your pushing competition numbers any mid tier oly shoe will work fine.

So powerlift 3.1 good? 2s no longer sold (UK).

Just lift in regular trainers?

Cheap Chuck Taylor copies or a cheaper brand of lifting shoes.
They've actually hold up for a lot of years now.

This is a meme, plenty of top level powerlifters and a few weightlifters use the pl2/3s.

Master race

never seen anyone who competes using powerlifts

Brett Gibbs is pretty well known if you are into powerlifting.

give me videos. found one but he uses powerperfects not powerlifts

youtube.com/watch?v=QsYAobvp0D0

in some videos it seems he even uses black adipowers

He's a manlet and he squats lowbar. You don't even need raised heels for lowbar.

youtube.com/watch?v=IFKFR1vsTYs

completely irrelevant, obviously the shoes work for squatting ~300 kgs and will be good enough for anybody on plg.

don't think those are powerlifts. all pls have those unique stripes on heel which those don't have. they look like trainers

Pic related are my WL shoes but without the front strap and the white is Gold.

Got them for £60 in the UK off a site if anyones interested, better than Power Perfect 2's and not as good as Nike Romaleos 2. It's like a nice middle ground.

I've had PP2's and the top ripped away from the sole but they still hold a dear place in my heart as my first WL shoe.

they are instagram.com/bg_waiweight/?hl=sv

These. Why the fuck would you buy shoes just to lift in?

They are PL2s in Black and White. To answer OP PL2's are fine however their heel is 0.6inch rather than 0.75 which Power Perfetcs, Romaleos, Reebok Legacys etc. have as standard.

cause they last a lifetime to be fair. If it'll help you lift better by possibly increasing numbers/stability and therefore less injury and more muscle gain. Why wouldn't you invest some money in them? It's the same as asking a runner why they'd invest money in shoes outside of fashionable Vans Old Skools to run in.

apparently chineseweightlifting.com/product-category/shoes/ are also very good and have even higher heel than leistungs

i actually prefer the smaller heel in the pl2 over the standard size, but not everyone feels the same and should lift in what they feel most comfortable in

True, heel size seems to be different for everyone depending on hip structure and ankle flexibility. I'd love to try PL2s as I'll be switching to Low Bar next Squat session to try it out and I think they'd do better for depth than High Bar with 0.75s would.

Because some of us actually lift i.e. compete in weightlifting.

I wear these bad boys. Too bad those crossfags don't make them anymore.

Because some people can squat above 1 plate.

Why do all Americans wear high top shoes? They look fucking stupid.

The only people that wear them in the UK are stoners or losers.

Fuck me these shoes are so aesthetic.

You answered your own question.

i wear flip flops everywhere i go

Yeah I gotta say PL2s are the nicest looking WL shoes. It makes me wanna get a pair but I have my PP2s and now Pendlay Do Wins and technically speaking they're superior builds.

But I wear these shoes ;_;

It doesn't matter what they look like if all you do is lift in them. It's nice to have the extra ankle stability if you need it. As far as casual shoes go, wearing high tops with shorts will make you look like a cholo.

I have those powerlift shoes and they are great. Deadlift in Chucks though.

I wear high heels

are those gong lu iii's? i have the gong lu ii, they were about £50 and probably as good as the nike/adidas ones which cost double.

Bought romaleos 2, I think you can wear them if you actually get something out of it, that means squatting or weightlifting (Olympic) otherwise it's completely pointless and you'll look like an idiot trying too hard

Shit shoes compared to the 2s

>my shoes behind your trash shoes

fwm

>not lifting barefoot

Same here.
Like Rick Owens say "I don't want to change clothes when I go to gym. I use the same clothes whatever I do."

That spotter on the right is made me rage. You gonna good morning 100 kilos you fucking retard?Jesus christ.

>Squatting in high heels
Congrats on your weak posterior chain.

socks.
stay dyel nigger

I own this exact pair

They work well. You won't regret them. They keep you well planted and if your form is already good then it helps you focus on the hip drive and you don't have to constantly re-adjust your foot placement

On push/pull days, cheap garbage running shoes. Whatever. On leg days, Sabo Powerlifts.

i lift with my bare feet

couldn't imagine how awkward it is to squat or deadlift with flat soles

I have the drehkrafts

thought the laces were gimmicky at first, but now I love them

Pic related

Power Perfect 2

Do I get these or Do Wins?

Help with squat hurt with dl. I don't have time to change my shoes during workout. Meme shoes.

I just bought a pair of the low cut version on ebay and paid more for the shipping than for the shoe.
They're running out quickly, I hope they bring this model back in a couple years when I need it

Arent high heels bad for squat and DL?

The classic.