ITT:

We rate each other's fridge contents. I'll start.

>Tfw when live in houseshare and share one medium fridge with 3 other bros.
>Tfw it is always full of beer, "I don't know who's that rotting whatever is", unopened pesto, bolognaise jars among other non perishables "because it keeps them fresher user" wtf?!
>Mfw I'm the only one who cleans it
>Mfw fridge packs in and landlord replaces it with a fridge 3/4 the size of the last one.
>Buy new fridge just for me because fuckthisshit.png
>Tfw still filling it with good food.
>Tfw don't have to do shopping every day and can buy any perishables in whatever quantity I want.

I never thought buying a fridge would make me so happy.

Other urls found in this thread:

cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/6393-how-to-safely-thaw-meat-in-hot-water
fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/safe-food-handling/the-big-thaw-safe-defrosting-methods-for-consumers/CT_Index/!ut/p/a1/!/#2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1/10, eggs shorten your lifespan significantly, drinking milk from cows and not from almonds

2/10, keeping apple cider vinegar in the fridge when it doesnt need to be refrigerated, sauerkraut, eggs. At least you dont have milk

Cute dog, pet it from me

can't wait to have my own fridge user. A man can dream...

Nice. Also you just reminded me I need to get celery...

3/10 bait.

Vicarious stroking of doggo completed.

>implying this is bait

Making chicken and rice right now

Seriously, user. Eggs? Milk? There's like 10k masculinities in there, which is literally the same as putting 20k cigarettes in your fridge

4/10 PICKLE RICKKKKKK, negative points for eggs, tortillas clearly not whole wheat, dairy, buying anything college inn, not storing meat in the back of the fridge where its coldest, unwrapped onion

why so much relish and pickles

I got a pickle for ya

Old pic, my bad.

I used to really like pickles and relish. I would put it in pretty much all my sandwiches and have at least 3-4 a meal.

whats that pool of water on teh floor dude

Wtf happened to the shelves? Where is all the food?!

>Dat one sad tub of margarine
>Solitary packet of possible meat floating all alone in bowl of water at the bottom.

user, I... Please, bring back the pickles. This makes me sad.

... That is so sad I'm not even sure how to react. Where's the rest of the food?

I'm defrosting chicken in the bowl

you're doing it wrong.

cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/6393-how-to-safely-thaw-meat-in-hot-water

fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/safe-food-handling/the-big-thaw-safe-defrosting-methods-for-consumers/CT_Index/!ut/p/a1/!/#2

It's just cold water thawing + keeping it in the fridge so i dont have to worry about changing water as often

Read my article. You're doing it wrong. What I posted is safe and the fastest method.

>doing it wrong

It's only a little slower (~1 hour vs 20 minutes) and doesn't cook them, which is why the "quick thawed" method lost more water and the meat changed color

>tfw empty fridge
>tfw you have no self control to purchase more than a meal's worth of food at a time to prevent snacking frivolously
>tfw I pay the heavy price of my wallet from no bulk buys

I don't know if I'll ever grow out of this.

Buy a few salad dressings and just pack it with low calorie fruit and tasty veg, bro.

Red, yellow, orange peppers to slice and dip. (forget the green nasty ones)
Broccoli to snap into bite sized pieces, plain or with dressing
The immortal carrot, peeling is easy peasy, great solo or with some humus.
Salads
Radishes
Apples
Fresh peas in the pod
Celery
Tomatoes, great sliced with salt and pepper

The list goes on. You can snack at will on all that stuff and not worry.