When your father never talks to you on a personal level...

>When your father never talks to you on a personal level, didn't teach you anything and doesn't seem to have any interest in seeing you succeed in life
How do I cope with this Veeky Forums? Is there a book I can read? a virtual father figure?
I'm sorry this isn't really fit related but I just came back from swimming, was alone with my thoughts for far too long.

Other urls found in this thread:

illimitablemen.com/2014/05/08/the-suffering-of-the-lost-boys/
gen.lib.rus.ec/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My dad never knew his father, he died when dad was little. So he never learned to be a good father.
Me, I know what a bad father is like. It's all my dad taught me.
So I will be the best fucking father to my kids. Nothing else to it.

Same here lad, I have no fucking clue. I pretty much have no practical knowledge for how to fix things or build or anything because of it either.

I mean I think I get by but it would have been nice to see what I could have been if my dad was always around and stopped my childhood derailing and fucking most of my teenage years before I sorted myself out.

No more mr. Nice guy

My father
>heroin addict
>was out of my life till I was an adolescent
>once sold my playstation to pay for said heroin
>never taught me to lift
>never taught me to skillz
>never taught me about girls
>OD'd and now is dead

why do I miss him so much? why did he leave such a large hole in my heart?

I wish I could hate him and move on

because he's your father

Really sorry for you guys. My father and I work on our cars together and we fix shit together.

He taught me a lot and is probably the best father one can imagine, even if my parents got divorced when I was little.

>tfw dad was a deadbeat son of a bitch who abandoned me and my mom on the other side of the country

Who here /gettingswoletobeatdadtodeathwiththeirbarehands/ here?

you must rescue your father from the belly of the whale

That sounds complicated, i believe you are better off without a father figure than with a bad one.

In my case my father would always keep distance from us and rarely talk about anything meaningful, i would later find out he had been spending a fuckton of money on drugs in the past two decades and confronted him for the bad quality of life we have had.

Surprisingly he made radical changes in his life, started lifting everyday and made peace with the fact that he no longer has a high wage job. Now more than ever cares for his family, though that took him 20 fucking years lol.

>I pretty much have no practical knowledge for how to fix things or build or anything because of it either.
I'm in a similar situation but not because my dad was shit, in fact he's a decent father. It's because he's autistic and never trusts me to do anything on my own ever. Everything needs to be done his way or not at all. If I do something in the house without telling him and it isn't done EXACTLY the way he wants it to be then he throws a fit, regardless of the results. We've owned the apartment we live in for over 10 years now and it's still not full furnished because he's 63 and busy as fuck but insists on doing everything himself and doesn't let me or my mom put anything together (and he still fucks up sometimes). The most complicated tasks he lets me do is put together ikea furniture. Recently I've been living on my own in college and every time he comes over he criticizes the way I do every basic chore. I can't stand this shit anymore. I understand I'm still dependent on him and I'm still a "kid" to him (I'm 19) but putting the same trust in me as a literal child is starting to get on my nerves. He's not even giving me the chance to display responsibility to him.

We are born alone. We live alone. We die alone
Discipline yourself so that you understand this fact and completely accept it but are undefeated by it.
Victory over despair lies in is laid out in Maslow's hirearchy of needs. Build your life up layer by layer without skipping any and you will find happiness.

Forefathers of civilization have far more wisdom than any father.
Books have far more knowledge than any father.

A father is supposed to be a good influence. Good influences are easy to find but hard to identify. I recommend reading "Influence: The Psychology of Persuation" to determine what a good influence is.

If you are depressed, learn to push down the dark thoughts. Spend a lot of time on introspection. Learn to tell the rational thoughts from the dark ones. Accept dark thoughts and suppress them, don't reject them and accept delusion.

>tfw 19 and don't know how to properly use a drill
>tfw 19 and don't know any basic plumbing
>tfw 19 and don't know anything about cars, no driving experience or fixing experience
>tfw 19 and was weak as fuck until recently because my dad never let me physically exert myself in my entire life because he's overprotective
>tfw 19 and have no work ethic because everything in my life came easy. school was easy for me and I never had to study to be at the top.
>tfw I didn't start feeling like a man until I started living alone and lifting.

Who else is /jordan peterson/ here?

>Lack of prejudice
>Maslow
Fucking commie jews

Dad was Killed in a work accident when I was 13. Taught me alot in the short time we had together, but it's hard without him. because of the loss of financial resources, and social connections, I am essentially a self-made man.
My advice? Read, Go to college or trade school, go out of your way to find social interaction at said college or trade school, make friends, build a network, join a club or a church. Find ways to make yourself useful to others and others will want to be around you.

>father left when I was young
>stepfather was an abusive piece of shit

this yea, all else checks out but that thing gets added there from time to time, because jews love meddling in all things good to shit them up

Me, actually. Just bought his self-authoring sweet.

I've been going to therapy a lot, talking to "friends, and trying to talk to family... not a lot of it is helping. The therapy is, for sure. But friends don't care, and family doesn't understand or care. I'm to the point where the last thoughts of night before bed are of jumping off a bridge.

I've listened to several JP interviews, lectures, etc. and I feel like this might help me finally.

Because he's your father and you probably fantasize about what he could have been and should have been to you. Or you get fixated on one time where he finally pulled through to help you as if that was a redemption moment only for him to shoot up later that day and betray you and everyone around you.

Love is irrational. It is the most irrational thing in this shite universe.

Watch Baki the Brawler.

>Never had loving parents
>Still pressured by them to become the best fighter in the world
>Stops training to please his parents
>instead starts training to beat the shit out of his dad for being such a scum bag

OP I promise you will get something out of this book.

>trying to impress your parents

The sooner you escape artificial burdens like that the sooner you will begin to self-improve.

>Dad was more interested in his work than me
>Promised plenty of times to teach me to play football or to build a tree house with me, etc, never came through
>Essentially no real father figure
>Out of shape and no confidence all throughout school, essentially wasted all of childhood at home, alone
>Start seriously lifting at the end of senior year
>Now halfway through summer, getting face gains and start to look decent, more confident than ever
Maybe I could've been someone, maybe even Chad if dad had been there

You cope by not actually looking for a father figure and just realized that said concept was printed on society to reflect the ideal working class family, one that would obey rules and provide good workers for the nation.

Turns out "family" is not that single mommy daddy kids group, but rather a more complex one that varies on its members.

You don't need a father figure, no one does, you simply were culturally taught that you needed one, but it was a lie.

Either way, you are actually too old to be looking for a daddy now, so you either get therapy (it's a good idea actually, it will help you to resolve issues and improve your self image) or focus on something you are good.

You are clearly looking for a daddy figure because you think you are incomplete without it. You are not.

These are all memes. Sure you might be happy if you follow these steps to ultimate cuckdom, but you will never reach success like a striving sociopath would. He might be less happy than you, so in the end it's all about what you want in life. Some people are content with less, but why would you limit yourself like that. Sooner or later you'll realize life is about exploiting what's around you, and you can either get depressed about it, or play the game.

>dad knows all about fixing and making things, will teach me

>still is kinda beta

It's a mixed feel

>Dad criticizes me for never taking care of my car (I take it in for service every few months or so, and check the oil occasionally)
>Ask him what else I should be doing
>Dismissively tells me to "look it up online"
Sometimes I wonder I'm actually normal and it's my parents who are fucking weirdos.

>

Nah shit tier dads just don't care about their children

Ingest the black pill, some dads just don't want kids, and they never will

I love my dad, but it's obvious that he didn't wanted me, he once said that he didn't even knew if i was truly his son or he was cucked

I still forgive him

Being a dad is easy as shit, all boys struggle with the same things, even just trying is enough to have a father figure

my personality is set to monster 24/7

>You don't need a father figure, no one does, you simply were culturally taught that you needed one, but it was a lie.

Get this retard out of here.

read this op

go back to tumblr faggot

It's not that my father isn't there monetarily or that he wasn't present in my life. It's not that he doesn't know how to fix things or build things or how to play sports or hunt. He was hunting on his own by the time he was 11 or 12, he fucking made the plan for and built with his own two hands (and the help of friends and family) our three story house, he can fix just about anything in a car and played on many different amateur sports teams throughout his life (how he met my mother).

All of that being said, after marriage and kids he kinda turned content, maybe even lazy, pretty much outright turned down promotions at work because he didn't feel like having more responsibility.

I can't really fault him too much, he was there to take me to sports whenever I needed, drive me places etcetera without much complaint.

All of that being said, he never really took an interest in passing down much knowledge to me as I was growing, unless at my own or my mothers insistence. Even though I was a star goaltender in my league I never got a single, simple pat on the back followed by a "good job son, proud of you". I can't recall a single time being told he was proud of me or that he loved me. I was into all sorts of sports in my early teens and if he was there all he would give me after a game was a criticism of something I did wrong, even if I had just gotten a gold medal in Judo, he would kinda underplay the achievement, criticize.

All I needed was a hug, or a "proud of you", and I never got it.

>How do I cope with this Veeky Forums?
Have you tried not being a pussy? Ive seen my father only a handful of times since i was a child. Your self esteeme shouldnt be built on the opinion of another person, especially not someone who lacks basic paternal instincts.

I'm you 7 years from now.

Fight to fix your life and learn those things now because its only going to get worse as you get older. You don't have time.

literally just use google

sounds like my old man. Provided for me financially, but never put any effort into being part of my life emotionally. I don't tell him anything personal about my life. The one time I recently tried, he just made jokes about the situation. I just turn to friends now for advice and help on personal matters. I'm never going to be that way with my children.

>he just made jokes
A grown ass man whining about tfw no gf is pretty pathetic and kek worthy. Feel bad for the old man though, having to deal with an ungrateful son that complains about him on Taiwanese stitching forums.

Yeah, I can't say I don't have a bit of anger about it, but now I now look forward to having sons of my own, and being able to mire them as they grow up, hopefully to do even better than I did.

I think you don't understand the situation here. Many new men have been brought up by a passive, nihilistic and almost submissive father making them lost and dysfunctional full of estrogen.
You should be able to talk about your feelings with trustworthy, close friends because of this since many are facing the same problems, being completely lost and directionless. You should be able to talk to your father too even if he didn't bring you up well of course if that's the case he probably won't bother talking to you on a personal level either.
If you're a decent guy and would have been raised up correctly there wouldn't be a need for this.

If as a father, you never taught your son much about the world, or about girls, or about how to be a man even, you shouldn't be making jokes even if he came to you with girl trouble.

That's even if that's what the other user talked to his old man about.

My dad had no interests of his own he would go to work and come and watch tv and any time I told him something I was interested in he would tell me that was the stupidest thing in the world.
He had no idea of being a man himself so he couldn't teach me anything about it i had to learn it all through making my own mistakes. Lucky my gf dad is very rugged and knows a lot he taught me to use a chain saw and how to weld, he is an outdoors man and loves camping and fishing.
I dont see my dad any more or even talk to him because he is just so critical and judgemental of everything I do and I don't need that in my life.

say what are you problems user

protip: if you are a college students or something like that, your father was already good enough

I feel you man. My family has never acknowledged the muscle I've gained or my loss of bodyfat, not directly or indirectly. Every time lifting is brought up with them (I never bring it up on purpose) it's met with some passive aggressive or dismissive remark.

my dad taught me carpentry, all STEM subjects upto 1st yr uni level, basic accounting....

by being a really ill-tempered hardass.

would call me, a lil kid, idiot, donkey, brainless for the smallest errors.

almost beat the shit out of me when i was 15. why? he asked me what 4^(1/2) equals...i said 2. instead of 2 and -2.

never connected with emotionally or even tried. still refuses to admit that beating the shit out of your kids doesn't work.

whatever...guess who has nobody to talk to in their old age now...

every time he tries to make small talk or discuss something, i just give passive aggressive monosyllable answers till he lets me go.

There's no such thing as good enough when it comes to being a man and acting on it, trying to raise your son.
Either way I live in Europe so I'd get in college without anyone's help and wouldn't be drowning in debt either. I'm thankful for him supporting me at times financially but I am very responsible about my money also.
Just being given money is not an example of a good father figure.

Good.

You're lucky, you have a dad. Thank god that you've got a father figure at all, be grateful for the financial security he provides.

Cultivate your relationship, if it's meaningful to you put work into it.

Play a contact sport. Wrestling, football, rugby, boxing, hockey, lax. The best lesson your dad will ever teach you is how to be coachable: to take responsibility, to use criticism and compliments, to control your body and mind, to ask for help in an honorable way. Contact sports are great because they rely on a gentleman's agreement of rules and safety. If you breech the agreement, there's real consequences, someone can get really hurt. It's a great backbone to learn responsibility through, and facilitates extremely positive masculine friendships.

I moved out at 17, my dad was never abusive but he was a huge fuck to me. He was insecure and I was headstrong. 6 years later I'm a dope athlete, I have a great job, and I'm working on our relationship in little bits and pieces.

Be grateful your parent isn't actively sabotaging your success like I've seen in some of my peers. I had a black roommate who was morbidly obese and a total failure with women, never made since till his mom visited. Took her half a day to ask why I was "doing so damn much" (exercising) and "cooking that garbage" (eggs). My parents weren't great or rich but they always bought me sneakers or cleats and drove me to practice. Some moms would call you a faggot and ask "what have you done for ME lately?"

>my dad is a shit
>but i'm in college, financially stable and raised properly

>buaaah he didn't teach me how to cut wood poor me soul ;_;

Yeah he didn't teach you how to use a sword either, because it's fucking useless holy fuck your dad is great and your a piece of shit i realize it now

4 /2 is 2. -4/2 or 4/-2 is -2. Your father is a fucking retard.

Your dad is a bitch.
>Finds something to criticize, but unwilling to actually correct you

>frantically searching for the edit button

We simply have a far too different views on what a father should be so there's not really a point in arguing, especially since you're acting like a child on an image board.

Also I think you completely ignored my point that my parents have nothing to do with me being in college, I'm also financially stable because I worked during summer and saved up all my money. I wasn't raised properly, I was raised passively and lied to regularly.

I have a troubled history with my own family and have only started to respect my father in my adulthood, as I feel like my mother manipulated us children to hate him when we were young. I would like to say this to you OP and to all others who feel like their father failed them: giving is better than receiving. Once you have passed the initial feeling of bitterness, you realize that to reach harmony in the universe is not to dwell on it, but to give to your loved ones the things you never received. Good luck and godspeed, anons.

my father
>crack addict
>was in my life until adolescence
>once borrowed money from me when i was 11 (never payed me back lol)
>obviously never taught me anything
and i'm glad he didn't, why would i take any advice from somebody like that? he didn't od and although i was disgusted with him, now i just pity him.

when i was a teenager he'd try to reach out to me (my siblings are loser drug addicts like him and are still on good terms with him) but i ignored him. i eventually softened my stance and permitted that if he was willing to explain why he prioritized drugs over his family that i'd start talking to him again. he stopped trying to talk to me after that, but according to my brother, he sometimes cries because he misses me. what a snake.

think realistically about what he would have done for you and just get a father figure or mentor in whatever field your career is in.

It's not like I'm not slightly grateful to have had food on the table and a roof over my head because of my father when I was a child but that's the bare minimum and anyone has that in a first world country.
Expecting to be caught things like how to shave, ride a bike, take responsibility and having an older, wiser man who'm I can trust to talk to isn't too much to ask from your own father is it, that's what they're there for. Too bad I was just ignored by both of my parents. He wasn't there when I was bullied and hit in school and pushed down stairs ignoring my pleads to change systems nor did he show me any self defense. My mother straight up ignored my molestation when I was a child and both ignored me when my teachers approached them about my depression when I was older. They didn't tell me when I asked if I was fat at a young age, they told me I was big boned or normal. They didn't show me discipline and verbally abused me. It's not fun being physically abused by your peers in school and then immediately verbally abused when you come home by your own parents. I fucking hate you. I re-built my broken life myself, everything I did is for me to own. Go fuck yourself.

Just ignore him, that's what I did. Tell him to fuck off, if you're old enough to post on this board then you should be a man now. If he wanted to bond with you or teach you anything he should have done it when you were a teenager.

My dad didn't even want to bother raising me when I was a baby, he got my mom pregnant then immediately divorced her. He kept in touch with us regularly, but he never wanted to do the whole child thing. A couple years ago he told me he wanted to finally settle down and raise a couple kids instead of swapping from gf to gf like he always does. Then he acted confused why I wouldn't really feel that close to a new brother/sister considering I'm going to be over 20 years older than them. I wanted to punch his fucking face right then and there but we were driving. I hate the lust driven society my father represents,

I want to be his complete opposite. I want to be strong instead of weak. I want to be in a loving, monogamous relationship instead of abusing my Chad facial genetics. I want to be healthy all my life instead of cruising around at just barely below obese. This is why I lift.

Yea other user is a fucking idiot. I wasn't whining about not having a girl friend, I was just looking for some advice in a personal issue.

That's mine. His interest in fitness did spark my interest. But he never taught me anything. He wasn't there for my teen years. He did well for himself but I'll see none of it.

Hey, I was wondering if you could give me some advice user. I have a 1 year old with my girlfriend and I think we may split up... me and my sons mother haven't gotten along in a while and our fights get more intense every time. I want to be a good father to him, but how do I do it if his mother and me don't get along? Don't get me wrong, she is a good mother to my son, just not a good wife for me...

my father was pretty much an alcoholic and still is to some extent but tried to fix it
mom has been working for us all her life so we could have a middle/upper middle-class life. Due to this I spent most of my life gaming home alone since a young age

I learned everything by myself basically, he tried/is trying to redeem himself, we chat, he gives me a ride to work and last night to a friends house since I planned on getting wasted so at least there's that
I also worry about him since he's gotten really fat, smokes, tans without sunscreen and all that but he gives no fucks about what I tell him
same about using the air conditioner with windows all opened and the fact he's now retired and doesnt do a single shit at home not even iron his clothes while my mom is like a slave, I basically gave up this summer(supposed to be my last one before I work all my life at our business) to help her at her

My father
>Like OP, never talked to me on a personal level and didn't teach me anything
>He was a college dropout working a manual labor job at 40 years old
>Left mother and I at 13
>Now talks to me ~1 time a year when I'm 20 years old, we have a 15 minute phone conversation and that's it

I cope with having no real father figure by dreaming of becoming a great father figure to my future son/daughter.

at least he doesnt beat you like i was when i was a kiddo

I woke up every school morning in a house that has practically every inch of the floor covered with garbage, beer cans, cigarette butts and a seemingly never ending supply of cat and dog shit. my mom would get wasted and start crying a few times a week and my dad would just drink beer and stare at a big arse t.v. for hours every day.

they told me how the military would brainwash me. that doctors will just lie to you and take you're money, and I remember my uncle's "the state will pay for it suggestion at every obstacle." it's Been almost 17 years since I noticed there behaviour was different and it's almost not changed at all since then.

tell him to stop complaining and quit being a snob. people are going to act like your an asshole for three days and you shouldn't care. no respectable person should act like that or treat people.like that. if they bring up what you said explain why you said it and don't apologize. his behavior is common in old people that think it's necessary to criticize window cleaning and it's immature.

My Dad
>past is full of drug addiction and alcoholism
>dropped out of high school at 16 but lied to my mom that he went to college
>has me
>with financial crisis of '08 Dad goes back to smoking cigs and drinking heavily despite AA
>ObamaCare kicks in and family finances are fucked
>Dad tells me I have to quit sports (despite being recruited for high school) and begin working at 14 for family
>Dad splits from family at end of sophomore year
>Mom is worried for me because I have no father figure and my uncle and two cousins who I were very closed to all passed closed to another
>Mom makes me see shrink
>Shrink wants me to meet with my Dad
>holds meeting between us, we nearly end up choking each other in the room before shrink threatened to call the police on us
>Shrink tells mom that we have one of the worst relationships she has ever seen
>Mom feels like she has failed me by not having a father figure and is very depressed
>Came back from school one day my junior year and see her about to hang herself from a noose
>Stop her in time and we break down crying
>Keep working and grinding it out school never telling anyone about my home life
>Dad comes back before Senior year starts
>apply to Ivy, get in
>Dad is pissed off, wanted me to go to state school for free instead
>Relents and says he'll pay $2k while I pay $3k because financial aid
>graduate high school at 16
>thingsarelookingup.jpeg
>Dad tells me to go fuck myself and that he's not going to help me move in as planned
>fly up to college and move in all by myself while seeing everyone else having their parents help them move in and take pictures together
>haven't been back in almost a year

Despite it all, I still don't regret having him as my Dad because he's still my dad and I think I've become a better person because of him in a strange and twisted way.

It only sucks that I can't drink because I don't trust myself with the fire water because of my father's and family's experience with it.

buy college text books bout cars user. Jack erjavej fundamentals automotive technology.... great book.

Also, I worry about being able to form a close relationship with women. I've had plenty of hookups, but I always cut it before it can go anywhere else.

I know this is not healthy, but I don't know how to fix it. I have a lot of skeletons in my family's closet that I've never really shared with anyone and honestly don't feel comfortable sharing. The only woman I feel close to is my mother, who I love to death.

Any anons have any Reccomendation on fixing this problem? Or have similar experience?

maybe rotate the tires every other oil change if you don't. most people don't even know how to check trans oil. tire pressure on door placard not tire. have jumper cables, took box, tire changing stufflings. don't use winter tires innasummer either it's spensive. wipers, brakes both easy but can be difficult.

Hey, not the same dude but I know how this is gonna go.

Force it to work w the mother. Why isn't she good to you? Blame yourself, even if it isn't your fault, and think of a way to fix it.

Your child will have a much better life with both parents.

I'm happy my parents split but I had a ton of family to help me with it

Yeah, as you said, dont play with fire. If you have a family history with alcoholism there could be a chance that you could fall in aswell, wich is my experience. My father was an alcoholic but have been sober for+15 years now, i try not to drink but when i do u go all over the top, cant help my self and i feel anxious when i have a bottle in my hand. Search for the behaibour of kids with alcoholic father, maybe you could find some insights and resembels to your situation.

You should learn/try/must to open up while you are Young. Im 35 and i cant even talk straight with the shrink because i have issues, even when i know that shit is burning my soul. If you cant afford a shrink or dont trust them, try online forums or supports groups, un auténtico there are plenty un América.

Sorry for the spelling and punctuation, im on the phone and im from magic Perú.

Good Luck, and learn from my experience

Torrent me senpai

My dad's cool and all, but I don't think he likes me as a person, know what I mean? I think he loves me and wants me to succeed because I'm his son, but if I wasn't his son I don't think he'd like me, if that makes sense.

Probably because I'm not good at sports, I like videogames, and I've never had a gf at 20 yrs old

Maybe I can turn things around by getting rich

I dont know you and i dont like you little faggot. No wonder your dad hates you.

At your age he was drinking milkshakes and going to the autocinema with Jenny.

hey my dad's not retarded

>tfw 21 and I'm still you

Sadly he cant say the same thing about you.

My dad is an alcoholic and all he's ever cared about is how to get another bottle if he runs out, never taught me anything nor did he care about me.
The person who taught me about fixing shit, woodwork, cars and generally how to be confident and assertive was my gf-now wife oddly enough.

I can be your daddy. 24/m/chicago

>When one has not had a good father, one must create one.
-Nietzsche

>tfw dad was concerned with not over-influencing me in my youth, but now that I'm an adult, gives me sage advice and trusted guidance

>tfw dad was concerned with not over-influencing me in my youth
Same. Stupid hippy philosophy.

Ha, gay

>move with gf to opposite coast to escape family situation
>improve self and develop discipline in spite of setbacks
>realize that's you've grown up and become your father in your habits and attitude
>tfw dad will never see the man you've become

I didn't ask for these feels.

>Tfw main motivator in having children is to have people that would love me as much as I love my father.

ffs OP, I know it's hard to connect with other people who have different interests, you probably think your dad is boring af and has zero passion. It's not uncommon, it's the reason why my last relationship failed, my gf was a basic bitch who spent time on her phone and had 0 hobbies. I tried to bring her to do things with me (example: something easy like tennis) but some people do not enjoy the challenge of learning a new skill. So we became distant. Maybe this is the same thing between many boys and their fathers.

It's easy for me because my father and I like the same sports so it's something we always talk about together or do together, we don't do heartwarming moments but we do have locker room style bantz. It sounds to me like you each need to reach to each others interests to force some kind of bond.

So you have a few options:
1) be distant and go your own way.

2) Pretend to share interest for the sake of the human connection you so strongly desire.

3) Find better male friends.

Just remember you may be a father one day, imagine your child likes the most retarded shit you can think of and really think of why you would want to bother to connect with him.
Try to see the world from his view. Maybe he thinks your retarded for picking up heavy weights just to pickup heavier weights.

Thissss.

I'm so damn grateful too.

I use libgen for books

gen.lib.rus.ec/

Read books on self improvement, two or three should be enough to teach you what you missed out on

>Dad never graduated highschool
>Had my older brother unexpected at
>Stayed with Mum, working 100 hours a week as a mortgage broker
>built his own company, pulling in easy 6 figures
>Supports Mum through nursing studies
>Taught me to golf, work on cars, garden and build computers
>Taught me to never lie and always be truthful no matter who you hurt
>Actually told me I was his favourite child
>Never hit us
>GFC hits
>Dad is now earning less than 10k
>Mum works 80-90 hours as a nurse to support us
>Dad refuses to get a job with another company
>Sits in his office all day playing video games
>Becomes a cleanliness nazi
>Checks my room daily for mess
>Nothing is allowed to be moved
>You can't touch the walls
>Use your elbows to operate faucets because hands leave finger marks
>Becomes very aggressive and angry
>Was depressed as a teenager because stressed over school (I was always expected to get straight A's being the smartest out of my sister and brother) and he tells me to just get over it
>On my 16th birthday he thinks that i broke his RC helicopter because I was the only one in the house
>I didn't fucking touch it
>Literally interrogates me for 6 fucking hours
>It's like 2am in the morning and I refuse to lie that i touched the helicopter
>I eventually lose my shit, scream at him to fuck off and get out of the chair
>Punches me square in the chest
>He's 6'2" 105kg built fat and has martial arts training
>At the time I was 5'10" 48kg (Couldn't eat because I was terrified of making a mess ans getting in trouble if I left a crumb)
>Knocks the wind out of me and sends me flying back
>Lost every single ounce of respect for him that day
>Parents eventually divorce because for whatever reason he always liked to pick on me. Not my siblings. Just me.
>Total cunt in the divorce. Drives my mum to tears daily
>Seen him once in 3 years and he told me I broke him.
>Siblings keep trying to get me to make up.
>Nope.

>believing your Mom

Whats up with all you fags whining that your Dad hit you? I got whipped with a belt when I was younger and it was the only source of discipline in my life. On my 16th birthday he punched me in the face lol. I should have been hit more desu

stay strong brother, people can change and sometimes it aint for the good

>be me
>127 iq
>manage to get good grades and get a functional relationship with superstupid mobguy mom married, appearently he started some of the largest criminalmotorcycleclubs in europe 40 years ago. Original gangsters, born to ride etc.
>pretending to be stupid to get along
>he is 63 now
>headbutts mom at a superrally in greece 17 years ago
>she is ok, plans out psycosocial stuff for psycologically impaired people in a massive semienclosed enviorment in sweden.
>im 27 and am still repairing what should be topgrades and am walking my mothers careerfootsteps.

Fuck im gona enjoy watching him die.

Nietzsche hugged a horse and then died.