What did greek weapons and armour look like during the trojan war/bronze age...

What did greek weapons and armour look like during the trojan war/bronze age? I've always assumed that it looked similiar to what they wore around the 5th century BC (as implied by this cover, for example), almost 800 years later.

So: what did they wear, and how do we know they did?

Priamos looks like wojak and Achilles looks like a smug pepe in that pic lmao

No, they looked like this

Pic related is close enough to the supposed date of the Trojan war

Interesting. Where were they found? In that case their armour seems to have been helmets at best, and many still fought with clubs and daggers, like the bronze age celtic and germanic peoples. Weren't the Myceneans during this time fairly advanced, on par with the Hittites, Egypt or the Assyrians?

They were found in the palace of Pylos, dating back to the 13th century bc

While these were found in a vase at Mycenae and date back to a slightly later period if I recall correctly (early 12th century)
Egyptians and others used clubs too from time to time, they did have armor but they didn't always use it

Huh. Why do you think they were depicted as so dark-skinned? Considering the greeks have, if anything, become darker than their ancestors and Achilles is described as blonde in the Iliad.

Well I would prefer this thread to not become one of "those" threads... A recent study established Mycenaeans clustered with modern day Sicilians and the samples they studied had all dark eyes and hair, of course there must have been a minority of fair features and since they were somewhat rare they were associated with deities and heroes, since they were not ordinary, just like the heroes.

Also the Iliad was composed 4 centuries after the palace system collapsed so maybe the aesthetic canon changed somewhat as well

>A recent study established Mycenaeans clustered with modern day Sicilians
Modern day Sicilians don't look like
But yeah, it's hard to get a proper discussion about these things

>many still fought with clubs and daggers, like the bronze age celtic and germanic peoples.

Celts fought with longswords.

During the bronze age?

Yes. They also used javelins/spears, but not daggers nor clubs.

Also Cyprus yielded some very interesting depictions of armors dated to the 12th century bc, which closely resemble that wore by the sea peoples invading the Nile Delta in 1180 bc or so, around the time of the Trojan war.
Cyprus wasn't Mycenaean as it was its own kingdom known at Alashiya, but it had a strong Mycenaean presence during this period and hat strong ties with the Aegean world since at least the time of the early Minoans, and in fact the Cypriot script used in the bronze age came from Linear A

Those are from some centuries later than the period discussed here, but yes they had very effective swords even during this period, and in fact the Naue II from Italy which were copied in the Aegean and Eastern Mediterranean came in turn from Central European/Danubian prototypes of Naue II swords. Pic related is a sword dated to the period of the Trojan war from Umbria, central Italy, they became very popular in the Eastern Mediterranean.

I am talking about Bronze Age Celts, not the Trojans.

Also Mycenaeans indeed had their own swords before adopting the Naue II, in fact the oldest bronze swords in Europe come from the Aegean region

Yes me too, though bronze age central europeans would be more appropiate

Another representation from Enkomi, Cyprus. Note the resemblance between the corselet he's wearing and that of the sea peoples depicted at Medinet Habu

Griffin warrior's seal, you can see a sword duel between two warriors, it's dated to 1450 bc, so more than two centuries before the Trojan war

Clearly you aren't

>bronze age central europeans
Celts*

You can't read and are retarded, and no, according to most linguists celtic languages formed around the 9th century bc while we're talking about the 12th century bc

>be me
>some user mentions that Celts used daggers and clubs
>correct him and show him a pic of a bronze age celtic sword from Early Hallstatt
>some retard keep annoying me with his trojans

(You)

Why doesn't Homer mention war doggos?

Likely remenants of the Egyptian painting style which depicted men darker than women or due to aging or damage which can be seen here on parts of the painting

>Considering the greeks have, if anything, become darker than their ancestors
It's the opposite. Modern Greeks actually cluster closer to Northern Europeans than Mycenaeans.