Does anyone else ever consider leaving Veeky Forums for good?

Does anyone else ever consider leaving Veeky Forums for good?

I kind of feel like this place is really harming my life, not benefiting it. Thinking of leaving to make some lifegains.

Veeky Forums isn't the cause, Veeky Forums is the symptom. as such you will never leave until you deal with what's really causing you to be a loser browsing this shit site

That's like saying alcohol usage isn't the cause of a shitty life, it's the symptom.

The longest I've ever been away is 2 months. When I'm away I just end up replacing Veeky Forums with something else equally as deteriorating so I never really improve and then crawl my way back here.

Block Veeky Forums in your HOSTS file for a week and see how you feel after

Why not replace it with something like reading or watching informative youtube videos?

it's often the result of underlying troubles. alcoholism just fucks your life completely

well that's not wrong. if he didn't have a shitty life he wouldn't be an alcoholic

OP i think you forget you're here forever.

this website makes me laugh too much
honestly if i didn't browse Veeky Forums, i would have no one to vent to about my personal issues

I start off that way always and then give up very quickly. The only thing I've ever been able to do consistently is lifting weights and eating healthy, everything else gets too tiresome.

But it's a negative feedback loop.

Shitty life -> Drink alcohol/do drugs -> Shittier life -> Drink more alcohol /do more drugs -> Even shittier life -> Start comitting crimes to pay for habit -> Lose job -> Even shittier life -> Drink even more and use harder drugs now -> In prison for crimes -> Life is shittier -> Drink and do more drugs and commit more crime

Same with Veeky Forums or anything else. If you have a shitty life you should be fixing it, covering it up with some instant gratification will only make it even worse.

>But it's a negative feedback loop.
that's why breaking an addiction is so difficult.

>covering it up with some instant gratification will only make it even worse
the instant gratification is the problem to begin with. but not giving in to those serotonins takes willpower and discipline

Yeah so you should start breaking it as soon as possible and repalcing it with a healthy activity. It becomes easy if you replace it with something very similar.

>the instant gratification is the problem to begin with. but not giving in to those serotonins takes willpower and discipline

For example if you have an issue with masturbation - usually because you're bored or whatever instead of replacing it with fishing that can't be done "on the fly", you can replace masturbation with watching short informative videos on youtube.

To fap is a few minutes, to learn something new on youtube is also a few minutes. Cumming obviously produces less of a good feeling but learning something new feels decent too and eventually you ween yourself off.

nigger are you seriously proposing educational videos as an alternative to fapping?
are you a soccer mom by any chance?

I'm doing this right now.
so long faggots

No user, it's helped me. It's very similar in how it makes you feel, the time it takes etc. It's an ideal replacement.

That's a positive feedback loop.

nah it's gone shit since the old days but here and cripplechan are the only places you can talk openly without Normie's trying to get you fired/arrested

>for good

You can try, but you'll be back.

what if i dont want to talk about that idiotic shit?

run away as fast as you can and never look back. this place just wastes your time and nothing else.

>tfw well adjusted normie on Veeky Forums

the key is to stick to only a few boards, avoiding b, r9k, pol, any fast moving boards, and weebshit

>run away as fast as you can and never look back. this place just wastes your time and nothing else.

why did no one say this to me 7 years ago.

but those types of boards are pretty much the only reason why I'm here in the first place