Has anyone on this board seen significant improvements in mental health following lifting?

Has anyone on this board seen significant improvements in mental health following lifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wirV265ZYSw
news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2011/01/eight-weeks-to-a-better-brain/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've been having a bad episode of anxiety lately and lifting has really seemed to help. The only problem is I can't really make any serious gains because I'm getting about 4 hours sleep a night.

Its been going down hill for me

What's up, user?

Same here user. Was had been going for 1.5 years religiously. Got a real bad cold (probably the flu because I was throwing up and shit) and didn't want to infect everyone at the gym. Being sick and missing gym has made me depressed af. Never been this bad before. I'll be going back tomorrow though

You too yeah?

Yes, I lift the pain away.

Had a lot of anxiety issues and while I was off work sick I joined the gym and been going religiously for about 10 months. No real gains yet but I feel loads better

Start meditating its not bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=wirV265ZYSw

What kind of anxiety issues?

What have you found meditation useful for?

I've tried before but I just can't commit to doing it every day.

From super anxious dude to - why haven't I started calming myself down everyday 5 years ago.

My problem is that I'm not necessarily anxious, I just have obsessive thoughts. Do you think meditation could help with this?

Just write it down on paper: I'm going to meditate everyday. It's so simple.

Absolutely, your 'normal' mind is like monkey on drugs, when you're meditating you're removing the drugs part, thoughts come and go.. like clouds.

Just fear of everything.

Got propanolol prescribed bit haven't used it in over 6 months

news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2011/01/eight-weeks-to-a-better-brain/

Lift.
Read.
Meditate.

6 months consistently and you're an absolutely different expression of yourself

Yip

Yes, I think is because of the cardio-vascular improvement.

Do wim hof, start a paleo diet to find any foods that upset your gut.
Really saved me

Are there any effective guided meditation videos,CDs etc?

yes, i get to masturbate more.

Would meditation be effective before you work out or is it too sedating?

yea but i was already a sick cunt before i started

Age 24
>NEET & start lifting

Age 30
>Autism bux & still lifting

I guess I feel better because I finally decided to seek mental health professionals and finally got the help I needed.

Not him, but i was down with a chest infection for a month and couldnt lift in that time. So i browsed Veeky Forums, watched scooby and came back to the gym with more knowledge than i had before.

>Start meditating its not bullshit.
It is, though. Like 67% or something experience bad mental states on it, some permanently.

Huge confidence, used to be the type a guy to sit awkwardly in silence. Now i sit with a group of 5 girls and keeping a convo, making girls laugh is super easy now. I was so awkward that if i see a girl i know in public i would hide to avoid her. Now if i see a girl i know i would go up to her and give her a hug. Life is improving bros. We're all gonna make it.

I lift to keep my depression away. It works well enough, so I don't need any medication or therapy.
The only drawback is, that whenever I stop for more than two weeks it comes back.
That's good though. It means i will never stop lifting 'till I'm dead

>Autism bux

What is this "autism bux"?

No, I'm dumber.
Can't remember shit in long and short term. Also even less logical.

How do you seriously entertain 5 girls? That's like stand up comedian tier shit

Absolutely yes
Having a hobby I really enjoy that entails a lot of physical effort and struggle is very satisfying. I honestly have a hard time relaxing if my muscles aren't a little sore

if anything modern men think too much and are bombarded with too much information on all sides (even though most of it is junk)

[Citation Needed]

It not just you talking, the 5 girls and you are all talking together, every one is saying his opinion about something, if you have common humor with the girls you will know how to make them laugh, you dont have to make a joke about everything and dont make yourself look dumb to make them laugh. Once you get used to talking to one girl you talk with more than one and after a while it becomes normal and not hard at all.

Disability pension for mental health problems that render you unable to be a normal person and participate in society.

personally yes

Yes. After I started lifting I started to feel happier and happier every day. Some days (like today) I feel either average or shit but lifting has helped my depression a lot.
I'm never going to stop lifting. I don't want to fall down that dark pit of fear and misery again.

I'm pretty sure I have autism and haven't been diagnosed yet (I "stim" a lot.) Would you suggest that I go get checked out?

I had shit every 30 minutes for 5 days syndrome. I lost 8 lbs my lifts went down tremendously I hate my life.

yes

That's primarily just water weight, though. Once your gut is back to normal the weight will come back and so will your lifts.

it is very relaxing, but I do it around 9AM and go to the gym at 12AM just fine. Try it once, the feeling you get after you open your eyes is just something I haven't experienced any other way

finding fit and beginning my journey has turned my life around in the best way possible was failing uni, drinking until blackout 3x a week now im succeeding at uni, drinking rarely and much more confident

overall better and happier in every aspect

This

Ripped my shoulder joint longboarding last year, combined with broken knees (tendinitis) and a broken back (slipped disc from when I did TKD). All I could do for 4 months was running, close grip cable rows and curls.

But lifting and working out has improved my mental health tremendously. I've got a manic depressive disorder (or is it called BPD nowadays? idk) and I can keep my depressive phases quite controlled and my mania doesn't get out of hand since I have set goals on going to the gym/running each day.