How does Veeky Forums get a buzz

Im 6'4, 310 and love to drink.

I've lost about 20 lbs in the last 2 months by diet alone, but obviously the drink is only hindering me. I dont drink much beer, but even gin and vodka are like 100 cal a shot wtf

How do you get drunk without destroying a diet?
>inb4 i dont need alcohol to have fun

Also with as big as i am i need to drink twice as much as a normal guy to feel anything at all (plus built up intolerance)

Neat, thank you.

I tried replacing beer with spirits at one point. All that happened is I basically became a raging alcoholic. Do yourself a favor and reduce the amount you drink starting with frequency, then reduce volume slowly over time.

Idk about you, but I completely lose appetite after drinking.

It's also more powerful when you're hungry. So if I'm planning to go on a night out, the last meal I have is lunch.

But I'm 165, so it might be different from your fat ass.

You are 310 fucking pounds, you weak willed faggot. How about you show some discipline and stop drinking

I'm 165, 6' 1" and I get incredibly hungry when drunk

Inb4 skelly, I want to get down to about 155lbs. But it's fucking impossible with all the drinking I do

fucking kek this happened to me to, my tolerance went overboard and I once did a bottle of titos a day for a week before I thought wew this is not good

Lol I smoke weed instead. Only helps with gains and nowhere near the side effects of alcohol. I can buy a while gram at least for the prices they charge for alcohol in clubs etc. Unless its not available to you yet, Idk how ppl continue to waste money on booze and cigs . That shit WILL kill you

DUDE
WEED
LMAO

well said

Sorry but I'm straight

This is my curse, I live in a place with a shit ton of good breweries. I'm 6'4" 240 and I need to lose about 40lbs of fat. I also get super hungry when drunk which leads to ordering a pizza or some other dumb thing. Been drinking less and less frquently lately and I'm at a point where I'm not thinking about a cold one after work every night. Takes so much willpwer damn, but it is getting easier.

jesus.

Off topic reported

this is basically what happened to my dad, although he ended up killing himself because he got so drunk one night and he was depressed.

Black label Jack D on the rocks. 3 glasses. On the weekdays that I've worked 11-14 hours. Beer on the weekends but always night beer. Usually around 6-10 over the course of the day because I work 7 days a week.

Yeah I got to the point where I was drinking a half a bottle or more a day. I basically refused to ever be hung over, so I would drink the following day, only I'd drink less over the span of the day so the third day I'd feel better.

Yeah I held a loaded gun to my head at one point during this period as well. I didn't do it (obviously), but I shudder at the thought of it.

>Yeah
>Yeah
God what a faggot I am.

ITT:degenerates

Kys quadfag

Dont drink for one full month. Your tolerance will tank, so when you do resume drinking you won't be drinking nearly as much. Plus you'll lose plenty of weight which incentivizes you to not gain it back.

>used to down entire fifths by myself as a pregame
>browned/blacked out 4+ nights a week >Decided to get my shit together just under a year ago
>went from 260lbs to 205 at 6'1
>now have a healthy relationship with alcohol

It's rough user but you can do it.

Quads confirm

Brother, is that you? I have an identical goal & muse.

did you kill you'reself

Glass or two of red wine. Instant buzz, low cal/carb, girls like wine too, easy to split a bottle and have a good time.

Reduce the amount you drink, it isn't good for you.

weeeeew

same lads, i was pretty depressed at the time and after i switched to liquor i ended up drinking a bottle a day for 2-3 months LEL. switched back to beer and the raw amount of calories is what inhibited me from drinking more because i wanted to lose fat more than i wanted to be drunk

Drinking spirits two to three hours after lifting increases testosterone.

Maybe don't be a degenarate
>b-b-b-but muh fun :(((((

Yeah

You don't.

How much are people fucking drinking if it's hindering their weight loss?

I burn 300 calories a day just walking around.

I don't drink.

I don't touch sugar with a ten foot pole because of what it does to your liver, and alcohol does the exact same shit.

A craft beer is around 220 kcal
I have six on what I consider a slow day

Chug rye whiskey and unlock jacked redneck mode

Is is strange that I can get really drink and then wake up the next day w/o a hangover?

Alcohol is really high in calories homeslice, especially anything but clear alcohol. It's something like 7 calories per g vs 4 for protons and fats. So unless you are drinking light beer the shit adds up REAL fucking fast. That's why the freshman 15 is a thing. It's also why women get fat. A bottle of wine is like 900 fucking calories.

Kill yourself, faggot.

>6'1"
>want to be 155lb

Yeah, well.

Shots of vodka, no chasing. Also you won't get a hangover

That's too much. Alcohol should come with directions.

When I say I drink I mean I'll have two drinks a week if I'm out at a bar, three or four if I'm getting kooky, but then some weeks I don't drink at all.

You don't drink because you don't have friends to drink with.

>fucking love beer but cannot tolerate the shit taste of liquor

How am I suppose to maintain my gains??

this

Buy exactly 2 beers. Or drink liquor more. I can sip any hard liquor neat now just from trying things chilled/on the rocks. Vodka might work for you as it doesn't have as strong a taste as other spirits usually.

I'm trying not to drink for as long as I can but man I had a shit day and that scotch is looking tasty.

Same here

This. The only 2 Veeky Forums drinks are vodka sodas and gin and tonics.

No, it just means you're a pussy who doesn't drink very much

what the fuck that picture just gave me a massive boner

I drink beer when I'm bulking cause fug it, but now that I'm cutting I usually drink a bottle of wine or something and I'm good to go. I fucked with gin/whisky for a while but when I end up crushing a whole mickey it's usually too much. I smoke weed too but it's shit tier for socializing so I'd always choose alcohol over it.

I drink for escapism but I am cursed with a fine palette for craft beer

I love craft beer but it doesn't agree with my stomach so I basically have to stick to liquor

>drink terrible beer
>get beer shits next day
>diarrhea ensures I absorbed very few calories

Mfw I beat the system

>Glass or two of red wine
>Instant buzz
literally how? do you weigh 100lbs or something?

Kys

Only weekends usually. Dropped 45 pounds since November. Has had no effect on my gains

dude, i swear we're the same person
(except i'm 6.1')

I'm straight edge but caffeine gives me a good kick

Wine gets you buzzed way faster than other drinks. Pretty common knowledge tough guy.

Drinker user here. I used to drink craft beers all of the time when I wasn't too concerned about calories. My favorite beer, old Rasputin has something like 1000 calories per bottle. They come in four packs because the abv is so high. 4000 calories in beer!

I switched to Sobieski vodka. I drink it with high quality orange juice once a week now. And yes I like to get drunk listen to music, workout, and slay the girlfriends brap puss for a hour.

I recommend you switch to vodka and cut back on the amount of days you drink. You can have one get fucked up night a week.

Just drink less. And keep it to two or three shots of hard liquor.

Getting drunk without destroying gains on the other hand is pretty much impossible. It's not the calories that do you in, but the recovery time and fatigue. I almost never go to the gym the day after drinking, and when I do, my output is noticeably reduced.

The only healthy buzz I can think of might be marijuana tincture. But I've never tried it, so I don't know.

Coffee is the strongest buzz I get now.

>I'm straight edge

faggot

You sound like a pussy.

8 pints would be standard on a night out for me. That's 1600 calories. Probably a 600 calorie kebab at the end of the night too. But I'd only do that 2 or 3 times a month. If you're day to day diet fine and you're training hard then no harm in the odd fat cunt day.

I just bought a nice chilled white wine
Feels good man

>Schemansky was a three-time world champion and a Pan American and Olympic games gold medalist. During his long weightlifting career (1947–1972) he set 13 official and 11 unofficial world records.[1] On April 28, 1962, at the age of 37 years and 333 days, Schemansky became the oldest man in the history of weightlifting to set an official world record, when he snatched 164 kg.[2] In 1997 Schemansky was inducted into the International Weightlifting Federation Hall of fame.[3][4] He was born and raised in Detroit and from 1959 until his death in 2016 lived in Dearborn, Michigan, where a city park was named for him. Prior to his years of Olympic weightlifting competition, Schemansky served in World War II with the 184th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Battalion and fought at the Battle of the Bulge. Schemansky died in Dearborn, Michigan on September 7, 2016 at the age of 92, while in hospice care.[5][6]
>The angriest man ever to compete and win at anything at all, Mike Tyson included, credited his success with a diet consisting of "hamburgers, pizza, beer" and once stated that he drank so much Budweiser would be his sole sponsor if he was lifting today.
>When asked why he drank so much beer, Schemansky had this to say, "Because fuck you, that's why."

Chilton is a damn good drink after a hard day's work in the sun

Oh lord. I tried Old Rasputin at a bar once because I'd heard good things. Loved it, but no idea it was that calorie dense. Any beer recs similar to Old Ras?

Old Rasputin has 330 calories per bottle, ya nonce

Oh opps it's only 270 calories kek. Dk what I was thinking.

I dk about other beers that are exactly similar... uhhh hmmm Lion Stout is pretty good and the logo looks like a billboard from sri lanka.

unrelated to imperial stouts I really like La Fin Du Monde

I'm on my third 1.2 L beer.
Guess I fucked up.

Keep going

I have just about everything:

>Gin
>Scotch
>Bourbon
>Rum
>Vodka

I just limit myself to drinking 1-3 drinks on the weekends, sometimes cocktails and sometimes not. I never feel the need to drink more than that.

>How do you get high Veeky Forums ?
I LIFT

Vodka is 65 calories a shot. Vodka + water + ice + a spritz of lemon juice.

Oops

Love gin, but only drink in general 1-3 days per week, and even then it's just a couple.

How is Butler's Gin? Is it good, or is it a meme? The price isn't that much more than a normal bottle at BevMo

Switch the water with soda water and I'm in

toronto fag spotted

I actually really enjoyed that beer thoough, and they brewery is very cool

I don't think it works this way but I don't know enough to dispute it

I just want to get black out drunk to drown out the negative thoughts in my head. Help.

You're a big guy.

Everyone in the locker room plays the choking game.

its a total buzz getting lifted by your neck deSu

neat single-malt (with a drop of water), preferably macallan 18 or aberlour 12

neat aged Caribbean rum, zacapa 23 preferably just cause I have distant relatives from there

ice-cold ruski standard + onion chaser (I literally stiff an onion - try it and thank me later)

Usually I drink a bunch of screwdrivers, get wasted have some pizza and then throw up.

Do this maybe once every two months.

my man. i'm a macallan man myself, but still, good shit.

Hennesy if you're a real nigga

you don't

smoke the herb instead, bro

>mcdonalds coffee coupons
>steam whistle

hello toronto fag

I want to quit, but when that craving hits... Dat first sip really takes care of the headache.
Also I get full haes lvl cope when I need it

a reasonable man. unfortunately playing a dangerous game.

Alcohol is one of mankind's oldest friends. I'm not one to turn my back on a friend

Sounds like you should try xanax it's way better than drinking and also kills your appetite kills two birds with one stone

Worst advice ever, don't ever touch xanax.

Realize that alcohol is just another drug, the side effects of large doses is that it turns people into jerks. Getting drunk will damage your liver and brain it's not rocket science.