As a beginner is it really bad to train on a split? Like one day back and bis, another chest and tris...

As a beginner is it really bad to train on a split? Like one day back and bis, another chest and tris, legs and shoulders, etx

I still do mostly compound lifts so is it necessary to strictly follow one of the beginner programs?

Also is working out 3 days in a row bad?

bump

Nah, bro splits are great. You'll the best results on a split workout and a low fat, vegan diet.

I'm currently doing a full body 5 x 5 routine w/ dumbbells.

Brosplits are terrible if you're a natty lifter. Protein synthesis only lasts for about 48 hours and so most of your hard work that day is wasted.

if you are doing full body, 3 days in a row is bad. you need to give you muscles time to recover before your next session to make gains. 48 hours should be enough.

Im doing full body, but every other day, and then the first day I focus much if the time on chest, then the second day, the focus is on shoulder and back, then legs on the third day. Is this a good routine?

>kek
Kek

but its not really a brosplit if I'm hitting each muscle group multiple times a week right?

if youre getting enough orange juice maybe, but many newcomers overlook the importance of healthy natural sugar.

what in the fuck is going on with this board

As a beginner and intermediate its best to exhaust all your newb gains on SS/SL and TM doing compound lifts. That should take you at least a year then you can think about doing splits. You can make gains doing splits now but it won't be as efficient.

I never really subscribed to a program, I find them too restricting. Working out is hard enough so I just go in there and do a mix of things that I like so I don't bail on the gym entirely. I'm not Zyzz, but I do have a semi-fighter physique. That's working for me.

People like you being all smug and not explaining what is wrong.

Why does SL have 2 rest days on weekend?

It doesn't have to have two rest days on the weekend. Most average people tend to utilize the weekend to rest and relax, or take care of things around the house, apartment, or homestead.

Of course, if you're a high school student who has no real responsibilities besides a few AP classes and maybe football practice, you should be utilizing your time differently.

post body

>utilize the weekend to rest and relax, or take care of things around the house, apartment, or
homestead.

I don't understand. Are you implying I'm unable to do this AND spend an hour at the gym down the road?

If I had a better camera setup, I would post the real thing. But I'm similar to the pic, only slightly less abs. But again, I'm not on any kind of program, I just do what I enjoy and work up a sweat.

This is true but once you grow out of your noob gains (1+ year of training) you can train muscle groups within 24 hours of each other.

I trained on a split for a year, and I saw no results. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but it doesn't matter at this point. I hopped on SL (later madcow, now moving to 5/3/1 which can totally be used for aesthetics with the proper assistance work) and I have put on a good bit of size, especially in my lats and quads. Stick with SL but don't be an idiot and eat 5000 kcal/day. People who complain that SL only made them fatter are the same ones who did GOMAD too.

train ppl or fbw you dumb bastard

>As a beginner is it really bad to train on a split? Like one day back and bis, another chest and tris, legs and shoulders, etx
Yes. It's bad if you're natty in general. Brosplits will only impede progress and baby weights don't do shit if you're not juicing.
>I still do mostly compound lifts so is it necessary to strictly follow one of the beginner programs?
If you want it to work properly, sure.
>Also is working out 3 days in a row bad?
Yes. Rest time is almost as important as the workout.

If you're referring to regular 5 day splits as 'brosplits' ITT, you're dyel

bump