Is this the SS killer?

Some Reddit guy made this for the Cody Lefever noob program. The program still alternates gym day, rest day, and so on. If back work was added would this be an improvement to SS or the fit Greyskull?

>g-guys SS is a meme!!
>just use this program which is just a slightly modified SS (hehe)
>oh and don't forget to buy my books and membership!!

GZCL method is legit. I much prefer it to SS or Greyskull

>is it an improvement over SS/SL/GSLP?
Yes.

>is it a SS/SL/GSLP-killer?
No, because what attracts noobs to SS/SL/GSLP is the simplicity. GZCL is too complicated for most, but it's heart is in the right place. The setXrep scheme is much better. This also easily becomes an intermediate PPL by just a few tweaks.

But there will always be a majority of people on the internet doing SS/SL/GSLP. And there will always be a majority of people at the gym, both on gear and not on gear, doing 5-day brosplits.

Yup cuz Jews give away free shit.

Fuck off shill. You faggots are way too obvious with your "SS IS BAD USE THIS INSTEAD".

Just, fuck, off.

You've gotta share the ppl/gzcl hybrid, that sounds like nuclear gains fuel.

You seem mad.

I wasn't thinking of a hybrid, just going to a PPL like the reddit one.

But, I just slapped together a rough draft.
Mon:
>5x3 bench
>3x10 ohp
>3x15 skullcrusher
>3xF lateral raise

Tue
>5x3 rack pull
>3x10 seal row
>3x15 hammer curl
>3xF reverse fly

Wed
>5x3 squat
>3x10 deadlift
>3x15 standing calf raise
>3xF leg raises

Thu
>5x3 ohp
>3x10 bench
>3x15 tricep pushdown
>3xF lateral raise

Fri
>5x3 seal row
>3x10 lat pulldown
>3x15 face pull
>3xF shrug

Sat
>5x3 deadlift
>3x10 squat
>3x15 seated calf raise
>3xF leg raise

user, would 3xF means failure at each set?

Yeah. I prefer to lift light on deltoid raises, so it's tricky figuring out a recommended rep range. I like doing them as one-and-a-half reps.

The shrugs can be heavier, so long as you know how to do them properly (bend over slightly and retract your scapula).

The "to failure" sets are the things I'm not sure about. There's also a lack of curls for more PPLs, so maybe there should be an extra T2 (double up the skullcrushers and lat pushdowns on push day, add in more curls on the pull day).

It's getting through the T1 and first T2, and giving yourself enough recovery time that's the trick of it. That's why I opted for chest-supported heavy rowing.

>extra T2
Meant T3

GZCL isn't even remotely a modified SS, you're thinking of GSLP

this

what really makes SS/GSLP ideal for beginners is the simplicity and small selection of exercises to learn

Literally no one actually does SS

How many people here did power cleans?

I did.
I'm still weak on them, but can into lmao2plates.
It's a fun exercise, and not an automatic trip to snap city.

Would these assistance exercises work with 531 or would they affect the lift the next day too much?

E.g.
Mon:
bench 5/3/1
Squat 3x10
Rows...

Tue:
Squat 5/3/1
Bench 3x10
Etc.

>forgetting SS is a purchasable book
>forgetting this shit is free
>Actually falling for the rippletits meme

It does make sense. It adresses the biggest criticisms of SS, t-rex mode because the daily squats, and changing rep schemes to get progress in endurance, strenght and hypertrophy.

It is pretty similar to SS, after all is a linear progression program.

>3x10 deadlifts

your not doing them with any real weight, its mostly for back volume and perfecting your form

Light diddles don't require good form so they're not going to teach a beginner anything. Also this program seems to cater towards weaklings who would get discouraged by stalling.

its pretty weird how many people dismiss SS and PP.
Rippletits has powerlifted for 10 years.
Kilgore has PhD in anatomy and physiology and has lifted himself at national level for 10 years.
But as soon as you guys learn that its not a bodybuilding program, they are shills

>tfw I don't know if this thread is just a marketing lie with the OP samefagging or if the program is actually legit and better than SS.

>lmao2pl8 power clean
>weak
What

>3x10 deads

yeah, nty

>implying that SS isn't a rip off of Bill Star's 5x5
>implying that Bill Star's 5x5 isn't a rip off of Reg Park's 5x5
>implying that the derivation doesn't go deeper
If you want a GZCL based intermediate program just run jacked and tan 2.0 and do a lot of curls on saturday. It'll be much more effective than a ppl split because it will actually be periodized

Starting strength and Practical Programming are useful resources for strength training, but they are by no means the end all be all of strength training. I also really don't like the strange hard on that Rippletits has for not periodizing past a biweekly interval, which doesn't work for everyone..

Simplicity, and it works.

Why is periodization necessary for bodybuilding?

Retarded. There's tons of research that shows volume leads to muscle growth & strength improvements. Doing 10 singles is moronic.

The real SS killer is 5/3/1 for beginners with joker sets and FSL, with accelerated progression.