Going Vegan????

Hey Veeky Forums I am a serious University runner and I also lift in off-season. I recently watched this documentary on Netflix. I always never sided with Vegans because they would always go on and on about cruelty of animals and personally I didn't really care about that so I dismissed the whole movement... after watch this documentary I am seriously considering going vegan for health and athletic benefits. Any Veeky Forumsizens have opinions on this new redpill? any success stories???

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=skIGCoopR-g
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0ufvjwyUks
youtube.com/watch?v=EFF30jfTubU
youtube.com/watch?v=x2YETc1cfts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go vegan. Literally everything will be better for you.

Clarence went vegan for the ethical reasons and said he really didnt notice much health benefits other than his blood pressure slightly going down.

You may seems some health benefits going vegan. You may not, there's not enough un-biased data to draw a serious conclusion either way.

The netflix documentary is a bit of a sham. Don't read into it too much.

youtube.com/watch?v=skIGCoopR-g

>Everyone watches a documentary and wants to become vegan

People have been consuming animal products for thousands of years. People regularly live long and normal lives without being vegan. Sorry, but it's mostly down to genetics. Also, If you are that easily persuaded you should probably save yourself a lot of time and kill yourself.

Are you dumb ? First, guy opens the film by saying he's done almost all the trendy/fad supplement and that he's a hypochondriac. So right off the bat, do not take advice from him, in his words basically. Then, he makes it seem like all those big health associations are trying to suppress diet information whenever he calls the contact line. That's like calling the receptionist and arguing with her about something from the company's financials from last years stock holders report. He may have a valid point, but he's trying to argue with the wrong person to address his claim. Then, some Dr says dioxins are really toxic, and and they bioaccumulate, and they're all over the grass that cows eat, so don't eat cow products. Ok, but where to vegetables grow? Not there's dioxin on the grass, what about the vegetables then ? Huh ? That film was weak. That guy looks pretty tall and in good health and he told us he grew up on cheese and processed meats for most of his life.

Well lmao its pretty clear that this dudes just a shill with that tiny segment on how spraying pig shit is rasist but, is there really any downside to going vegan?? That's what I am confused about. ppl like:

committing the appeal to nature fallacy

and
not really saying theres any downside or upside

would there actually be any harm in me seeing is it makes me healthier.faster/stronger??

it made my life alot easier. I just got lean, and stayed lean ever since 4 years now. Also didnt lose any muscle so look way better. Breathing became better, and i have taken blood tests early, everything is good everytime.

>a real doctor
>"Z Dogg MD"

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0ufvjwyUks

youtube.com/watch?v=EFF30jfTubU

>links some shitty paleo doctor named ZDogg

end your life

You realize that guy eats raw, moldy meat and calls it "high meat" because he says it makes him high, right?

Are you trying to be retarded?

Veganism is a religion for mentally ill people.

Too much of a pussy to show compassion and stop eating meat and animal products?

There are not health benefit to a vegan diet aside from a decreased risk of developing colorectal cancer (16% smaller risk, not 16 points, 16% so say 0.84% instead of 1%).
That's it. Everything that is commonly considered "bad" in a non-vegan diet comes from eating like shit. If you eat your veggies, don't overeat, don't eat shit food, you're already fine. Aside from the ass cancer, ofc.

Look, mate, I'm not the dude you're replying to but the whole "you're not masculine enough to do something that is mostly done by women" thing doesn't work.

I was already a vegetarian. Not because I loved animals, but because I never liked meat/chicken/fish. That documentary convinced me to go full vegan for health and fitness reasons only.

Going to the supermarket and buying meat isn't manly.

Drastically changing your diet and lifestyle because you can't reconcile causing unnecessary suffering and death to inferior sentient beings is.

Deal with it.

Mate, again, I'm not hating, I'm just saying, it doesn't work. It's not something that is seen as manly, there's nothing particularly manly about it. Like, if you were saying "oh, you're buying meat from a supermarket, not manly enough to hunt your own?" that would be fine. Your version is pretty weak.

What's wrong with vegan barbarossa's beard here?

>changing your diet because of the feelings of something else is manly

no its not you fucking nu-male faggot

You went to the grocery store. You're just like a lion in the wild. So manly.

I cannot fathom how anyone can say animal cruelty is wrong, yet not be a vegan. So fucking hypocritical.

I mean, I'm not a vegan but I couldn't give a fuck about cruelty to animals. You might say that's psychopathic, but so is eating animal products and just putting the cruelty to the back of your mind without any emotion.

For anyone not currently shitposting and who actually gives a shit: here's a link to an article where a vegan dietitian rips this piece of shit film apart:

www.vegan.com/posts/vegan-dietitian-review-what-the-health/

tl;dr: it's all lies and actually harms the vegan cause and the people who made it are liars or idiots or both

Long rant but funny:

youtube.com/watch?v=x2YETc1cfts

haha based

Personally I saw MASSIVE health gains since I had a lot more unhealthy diet since the switch. Veganism forces you to eat more fruits and starches while avoiding bad unhealthy foods like dairy and meats. I changed for health benefits but stayed for ethical reasons. Once you've been vegan for 3months+ you start to get a lot more sympathetic do the animals which in turn helps me stay healthy in a way.

but to motivate you here are some positive effects I got

-larger ejaculations (no idea why)
-WAY harder erections and more sex drive
-instead of feeling sick and terrible while doing cardio I get energy
-astma basically gone and have a way easier time breathing
-not depressed anymore (are some theories inflammatory foods can cause depression which sounds I started believing when my depression started floating away)

ofc I was eating waaay to much meat and to little fiber when being meat eater but when you cut out the dairy and meat from your diet you're forced to take healthy alternatives (unless u eat a shitton of processed vegan foods which YOU SHOULD NOT do)

holy fuck I wish I double read my comment because it looks like I got a stroke while typing that... I need to go to sleep

>Veganism forces you...
Literally same for me. It's not that veganism is INHERENTLY healthier; I know full well that a omni diet could be just as healthy if optimized, but I also know myself. I know I lack discipline and that I'm lazy. A hard rule against anything containing animal products makes it easier to avoid candy, junk-food, etc. And it forces me to eat my greens since, well, what the fuck else do I eat?

It's just that way for some people. Sometimes a hardline rule is easier to follow than trying to be moderate.