Noob on SS here

Noob on SS here
Critique my deadlift form please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SLfXiM5ENzU&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't arch your head and neck the moment you feel the weight, keep a neutral spine

are you squeezing your glutes at the top of the lift? I feel like your knees are locking out really weirdly...

We need a front view too

Yeah I had trouble keeping my head down while also pushing my chest out. Definitely need practice

not bad for a 12yr old

why do you arch your back when you put the weight down, gotta keep it tight

I guess not. Watching this I feel like my hips / glutes need to be used more

That was pretty shaky. Are those running shoes?

pretty decent

just make sure you dont slowly descend the bar like that or youll go to snap city. once youve cleared the knees just drop the bar

No they are Nike metcons. Grad gift

the rep is done when the weight is down, not up

your form isnt worth much if you completely fuck up on the way down

your way down is fucked

Shoot I didn't think the way you did the negative rep matter. My bad

Don't wear those while doing deadlift. You want something flat and with no padding.

They don't have padding that compresses just a slightly raised heel. They are lifting shoes

I think those are cross fit shoes

Metcons are not crossfit shoes

He 'mentally' let go of his core, you're not really taught to eccentrically deadlift on ss. Most people say to drop the barbell at a certain height on the way down

It's a lot 'easier' to curve the back because you're relying on the ligaments of your lumbar spine rather than eccentrically letting the weight down with glutes/hamstrings/erectors

I'm 18

stop doing that. You are destroying your body.
Men used to do stuff like that all day - hard labor - because those were the only types of jobs available. average life expectancy was less than 40 years old.

They look squishy as fuck in the photos. Carry on if it truly has no padding or give.

Lift with your legs not your back, keep your back straight and lower your ass. I don't think you can even call that a squat, start with lighter weight until you perfect your form

Why the fuck does everyone at my gym drop it instead of pulling it down after?

Not specifically but they are sought for crossfit

You arch your back when you put the weight down. Just as bad as arching when pulling. Push hips forward and keep weight on your heels, I noticed you rocked forward like you were gonna fall over.

The load on the front of your lumbar spine increases exponentially the closer you get to the ground

>it's easier to drop
>you can lift (concentric contraction) more weight than you can let down (eccentric contraction)
>more weight = bigger ego

Pushing down through the heels means you're more likely to engage your glute max, it's a good cue

Not sure if you're trying to argue with me by saying the same thing or just reinforcing my statement.

OP here. Thanks for the advice everyone

some things:

keep a neutral neck position. don't bend it backwards like that.

your shoulders are hanging down on your sides. lock your shoulders before starting to lift the bar. engage your traps and lock your arms in place.

you're lagging just under the knees on the way up. the main reasons for this in this context are:
a) you're not crouched down far enough to engage your legs enough. bend your knees more, keep your butt down, and keep your upper body more vertical.
b) you're leaning your upper body forward due to a), and it's harder to let the "upper fold" do all of the work at that point.
c) the load seems to be a bit too much for you right now, since you're unable to do it with proper form
d) eventually too high heels on your shoes.

as for the later part of the lift:
pushing your hips forward like that is fine (but not really necessary since there is often no extra height gain), but hyper-extending your knees like that should be avoided. it generally doesn't add height, and is not good for the ligaments.

when you're putting the barbell down, you're collapsing your lifting posture. that's not what you're supposed to do. do the lift in reverse - keep your shoulders and back locked, and fold yourself down. people have different opinions on how to put the bar down, but I general adhere to the IPF guidelines on maintaining a controlled descent of the bar. that's what I would recommend.

Reinforcing. Sorry m8

Ugly little worm.

Going up was fine though I would drop a little weight so you don't struggle so much. Going down was ass though, too rounded of a back.

Form looks good for starting, keep form all the way till you let go tho, you arched your back before you put it down.

don't be mean

I should say here, if you do some deep cervical flexors (muscles that oppose that arch you're doing with your neck) before you deadlift it'll be easier to prevent that arching.

The cue is 'tuck the chin in' before you lift

youtube.com/watch?v=SLfXiM5ENzU&t

I'm 25 years old and I just laid down in bed to relax after work and the first thing I noticed was how badly my back ached. Here's my advice, don't do deadlifts. What's the point? The only thing you're earning yourself is knee and back pain for the rest if your life.

Inb4 bad form, it was perfect.

Fuck off

pretty good. lower your head, it'll help you keep a neutral spine. also, try to activate your lats to keep the bar closer to you. and don't forget to keep your chest out even on the descent so that you don't get sent to snap city. making sure you have proper form now will lead to really good posture in the future, trust me.

this thread.........its what its all about

you've probably heard this a billion times but i'm just gonna say it again. your form was probably not perfect even if you think it was. there are IPF powerlifters who hold world records and they are still adjusting their form to this day. moral of the story is, you're a fucking idiot and a gains goblin. shoo, bitch.

kek'd

OUT

Doesn't look like you were in a tight position before breaking the bar off the ground. You should be pulling with 99% effort to get your muscles tight right before you fire your legs into the ground to do the deadlift. Instead, it looks like you just sort of gripped it and ripped it and since you're not experienced you didn't have the proper tightness to perform this lift that way.