QTDDTOT

Im doing GSLP fit version. I have a pullup bar at home. Can I do weighted pullups on my rest days just for fun? They are my strongest lift and I like them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsmeXwHu6W0
nerdfitness.com/blog/the-correct-number-of-reps-per-set-in-the-gym/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It certainly wont hurt, as long as you eat enough to recover. But my suggestion is: If on your restdays you are "restless", do whatever lift you want to get better at.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can stay tight on the bench?

I always start strong, but my back and core always relax and my power diminishes rapidly after 2 or 3 reps.

I've found the leg drive, breath holding, keeping an iron grip on the bar, etc, helps maintain it, but not for long.

No matter what I do, my scapula lose their retraction and my back, obliques, core, etc, relax and the weight goes from so easy I feel like I could launch it into the air to almost too difficult to finish a set. Every time.

Could I train like 6 hours 3 times a week or less but everday for quick gains if I have got all the time in the world to sleep, eat and recover?

How often should I take L-Arginine per day? Should I take it pre/post workout?

Why not do 2 sessions a day, 3 times a week? Or PHAT or PPLPPLx?

6h a day for 3 days a week, is fucking nuts. Even with gear.

Alright ill look into that
Thanks
>no 8 hour arm workout
Feels bad man

I started my 1300 cals per day cut, HOLY SHIT i feel like if i hadnt slept for hours, does it get better? is it possible to sustain it for like a couple of months?

how to change strength routine while cutting?

I'd like to try franco's built like a badass routine, but I'm curious as if there's a particular starter program I should start with, or would it be cool if I just did StrongLifts with a few changes? I'm not new to lifting but I'm essentially gonna start over since I haven't lifted in quite a while. So essentially, is any starter program fine to do if I intend to eventually go to built like a badass?

Hey fit inb4 read sticky
I did
I'm in a weird middle ground between beginner and intermediate lifting. Which program should I use? I don't want to do starting strength.
Also, any experience with SARMs is it worth using after I get done cutting here in a couple months?

According to the actual GSLP, you're supposed to do high volumes of (body-weight) chin-ups and push-ups and maybe dips, as well as some HIIT and LISS, daily. That's in addition to the heavy lifting. That's why GSLP has lower volume than SS or SL, the lifting is only half the program.

I've had bad results doing just the lifting. Way better to do the actual program.

cant do deadlifts or squats due to lower back pains (doctor told me) , am i doomed to skip leg day till this is over?

Also, to fix my back he gave me some stretches and told me to "strenghten my core". What would be a good core routine?

Anyone recommend some shoes to wear for cardio? Current shoes I have know are skate shoes that I received as a present, makes my feet feel like I landed hard from a jump after a 10 10 minutes

Where do I go once I've learned all there is to know from Veeky Forums? Do I move onto bodybuilding.com?

I don't really see how pic related for example has that much lower volume than SS but hey doing some bodyweight work on rest days is fine by me. Might try that out

When I woke up one morning my half of both my hands were very tingly and numb.
Thinking this was something superstitial, I immediately looked it up to find out it was carpal tunnel.
Tracing back my day I realized this was probably from me shimmying across a jungle gym bridge like Sam Fisher a few times the day before as well as my new pushup reigmen of 50 pussy pushups a day.
I want to pretend I'm Sam Fisher, but I don't want to get carpal tunnel.
I have extremely weak arms, I can't even do a pullup so I need arm exercises. What do???
I'm an illustrator so I can't get carpal tunnel.

Just came back to Veeky Forums like after a year, went to check the sticky for the molding mobility link. The site is gone! What the fuck, where else to? Anyone know?

nvm, i just googled. Fuckin still though, holy crap, someone please edit the sticky.

I tried dumbbell bench for the first time and kind of like it. My wrists are really wobbly and I can feel it in my chest more.

Is it a thing to alternate dumbbell and barbell, or is that a meme? I'm still at really low weights right now, and just do 3 times a week where my bench is only every other workout.

basically with barbell you can handle more weight and with dumbells you can reach a deeper stretch. So make sure to do full ROM with dumbells since that is their advantage

I'd just add 3x10 incline db press to your current routine

Puma ignite. But be aware that you're going to have to try and fail to get the perfect pair. Pic related.

What is this giant space above my chest and how do I close the gap and look more filled out

always hold your breath and keep your core tight through the rep

breath and exhale at the top

Read the starting strength forums

Boiiiii, you look really good like that. It's pure genetics tho

Genetics.

these please

Youre thin, try eating and lifting weights.

I have been cutting for like a month and a half. Should I keep cutting or start to bulk?
Weight: 169 lb
Height: 6'0
Currently doing SL

could we see the before pics and stats?
also, do you have pectus excavatum?

>pectus excavatum
wut?

is beef protein powder useful or is it all worthless gelatin like pork rinds?

I dont think so. Doctors have never said anything. The before pics look basically the same. Pic is the earliest one i have about one month and a half ago, weighted about 172.

Why are you cutting? Do you want to be really skinny??

I read that you should cut until you are 10%bf and that for beginners it is possible to build muscle on a caloric deficit so I reasoned that I should start by cutting.
>Do you want to be really skinny??
I would really like to have abs.

i want to get fit but i live in a rural area and there are no gyms nearby. i have a door pullup bar thing, an adjustable dumbbell that's like 25 pounds max, and a treadmill. what kind of workout routine can i do with these?

On top of my bench? That seems a little excessive maybe, I'm doing a 5x5 program right now.

3x12 Lateral Raises vs 3x12 DB OHP?

Any exercice i could do to help keep my upper back straight during a deadlift? My lower back is as straught as an arrow but ot seems like my shoulders never seem to fully retract on heavier sets

thinking of getting a slow cooker since I barely have time to get groceries(once per week on my day off) and outside that day I cant really invest time cooking and im sick of having quark or skyr with fruit for lunch every time(I get dinner in my work since its a restaurant)

anything that I should know about it? can I just throw in some chicken, veggies, rice, nuts for examplke and have a delicious meal after some hours?

this sounds too good to be true

Do calisthenics until you can obtain more stuff, get creative, you can do mace training with a sledge hammer, tires are also good.

Which diddy variations works the core and lower back more?

Zercher or Sumo?

Is PPLPPLx too high volume for a beginner?
If so, how many days a week should I visit the gym instead? Five? Something like PPLxxPPL?

Does anybody know anything about Texas Method?

Failed intensity day on squat.
Had to rest bar on pins at 5th rep.
Feels bad mad.

Is it because of too low or too high volume on volume day?!

Either not eating/sleeping enough.

PPL is shit, just do PP

could be any number of reasons man
eating at a surplus?
sleeping enough?
recovering enough?
stressed?

If your a beginner why don't you use a routine made for beginners and not for intermediate lifters

bumping both of these, curious to see responses

>anything that I should know about it? can I just throw in some chicken, veggies, rice, nuts for examplke and have a delicious meal after some hours?
yes. people with slow cookers never shut up about how great they are. i don't have one but that's only because i actually enjoy cooking and slow cookers would interfere with that.

provided that those things are in check?

clearly it's a lack of recovery. i want to attribute more on whether volume is too low/high than else, any experience with that?

>Is it because of too low or too high volume on volume day?!
I would attribute this with too much volume with not enough recovery.

so next week, i will lower the volume from 5x5 to 3x5 and see whether i can up the Intensity day regardless of the fact that this week i could only hit 4 out 5 reps.
What do you think?

Try it out, bruh. See if it works for you. Just remember to get enough recovery for intensity day.

bf% estimate?

I've never had a drink in my life but a few friends asked me to go out drinking. What should I order so that I don't lose my gains.

bumping for an answer to this

kek

liquor, and stick to a minimum

what's so funny about asking for a bodyfat estimate

Okay "panic from possibility of slip disk" user here from yesterday.. just went to the doc and he told me it's possible that I had slip disk because it's pretty common, but the pain I'm suffering from is more likely to be muscle strain..

So I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, but he said no squats or deadlifts for a couple of weeks.. but yeah when I told him I was just squatting 67.5kg he was like, yeah most probably not.

>tfw doc laughs at your lift numbers.

Definitely worth the investment imo. It's how I cook most of my meals. I'd recommend one with a programmable timer if you work more than 8 hour days.

There's lots of websites/subreddits full of meals if you look around a bit.

What boxer briefs do you guys wear?

It's just DOMS, my man.

I doubt so though.. do DOMS actually even make your left arms and legs tingle? And it's been like that since Monday.

But yeah just gonna rest a while. The doc poked me around with a pen on my leg but there wasn't any severe tingling or anything, then he bent my back and pressed around and there wasn't any pain at all..

So he kinda just said it was muscle strain and if it was herniated disk the symptoms would be greatly amplified.

it's saturday morning and I have stuff to do. how do I get out of my bed?

Is it normal to have shin/foot splints when you first start jumproping? I am 6'4 200lbs and am getting a little pain after 5-10 minutes

Hanes mustard race

I started the gym about two months ago and have been trying to focus on my arms a little.

On biceps and triceps I've over doubled the weight I started with but despite this my arms have only gone from complete twigs to not complete twigs.

Yesterday a guy with arms twice as big as mine come in and asked for advice on the exercise I was doing because he hadn't been for a while and couldn't even lift half the weight I was doing on a bicep cable curl.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to do smaller sets or something to build visible muscle and not just strength?

I usually do 10, but am thinking of trying heavier sets of 6?

Anyone had a shoulder impingement/instability? What did you do to heal it?

I'm a dyel but I'm pretty sure it's low sets high reps to build visible muscle. 8-12 reps is the range I tend to hear.

Could just be genetics, unfortunately.

1300 is pretty low. What are your stats?

if you haven't plateaued in SS you haven't finished SS.

No point in changing a starter program if you're starting from square one. The programs exist to pump your strength up ASAP, isolations won't help you.

there are shittons of recipes for slow cookers. Pick up any cookbook and have a blast, they're cheap and well-worth the investment. If you work regular hours (IE, less than 10 hours a day) you can slow cook something in the morning and have it ready and piping hot by the time you get home.

hard to tell with such a shit-quality pic. Just based off of that I'd say 20-23%

Whiskey. 35 cal per shot.

youtube.com/watch?v=zsmeXwHu6W0

Watch more of Jeff's videos.

>HEY GUYS ITS SHIRTLESS CHAD HERE FROM GENERIC SOUNDING YOUTUBE CHANNEL COMPLETE WITH OVER THE TOP GRAPHICS. YOU'VE BEEN LURED HERE BY THE CLICKBAIT TITLE AND AFTER ABOUT A MINUTE OF COMPLETE FUCKING AROUND FIND SOME WELL RESEARCHED SCIENTIC INFORMATION AND EXERCISES ROOTED IN MY KNOWLEDGE AS A PHYSIOTHERAPIST

stop cutting.
eat at maintenance and recomp.
here's why:
you need to increase the weights you're lifting for gainz, and your body needs fuel to do that.
169 is pretty good, and if you cut more you'll just be skinnyfat bcz u don't have muscle.
+ if you keep cutting while increasing your noob weights, you'll get a lot of injuries.

eat food, fuel your body, increase intensity.

Dont know what to do to abs... i always try to do them after workout but i fatigue so fast I get demotivated to doing them, what do?

You could start by shaving that entire forest.

Interesting, I read that 6-8 was for visible muscle, 8-12 for strength and anything above that endurance.

I don't like havin stubbles tho, they itch and my hair is soft my girl likes running her hand over it. Wish I wasn't balding though, if only all that hair could somehow just grow on my head. Life's hard man.

Definitely the opposite. Where did you read that?

I've got massive udders

>5'10
>99/100kg, about 220+lb
>male

What are the chances of these being gyno?

Going to university and need to use their ((((gym))))) for a few months.

It's mainly machines and some pretty heavy dumbells which is nice but as a beginner I can't do barbell based programs to earn my noob gains.

What should I do?

Do the dumbbell equivalent??

So there is a deadlift dumbell equivalent? I thought something like that would be laughed at here.

Are the machines useless?

Hey guys. I'm a skinny fat dude.

Can I get in shape by just swimming a few times a week and a solid eating less plan?

I just want to be slim/firm.. But without all the skinnyfatness.

Not interested in lifting or calisthenics. But very interested in taking up swimming as a hobby and will learn.

nerdfitness.com/blog/the-correct-number-of-reps-per-set-in-the-gym/

>If you’re looking to get bigger, you want to keep the number of reps per set in the 6 – 12 range per set. I find this is best accomplished by doing between 3-5 sets, each time increasing the weight and decreasing the reps. (12 reps at 200 lbs, 10 reps at 220 lbs, 8 reps at 240 lbs, etc.)

>1) Muscular endurance – Your heaviest sets should be greater than 12 repetitions. Aim for a range from 12 to 20 reps. Obviously you won’t be able to lift heavy amounts of weight for 20 reps, so you’ll be lifting lighter loads. Also, because you’re going for endurance, you want to decrease the amount of rest between sets. 30 seconds to a minute, but certainly no more. You want your muscles trained to be ready to constantly be putting forth effort and prepared for the long haul. If you are a runner or cyclist, strength training with higher repetitions can help your muscles develop more endurance as well!

How do I try "hard enough" for gains? I'm stalling at less than 30kg on OHP (among all my other lifts) and I don't know what to do. I'm on my last set, I can't do one of the reps. I'm there for 30 seconds with the bar at about chin height struggling to push it higher but it won't. I don't know how much more I have to do to make progress. Do I just try until I can't even hold the bar anymore even though I know I can't do the rep anyway? I haven't made progress in months.

My form is fine, I posted a video earlier and nobody had major complaints with it.

Is GOMAD actually good if you're skeleton mode? I'm 6 foot and 70 kg with barely any muscle.

I think I'm getting gyno. I noticed my nipples are very soft. What can I do to prevent further damage?

anyone have experience doing 531 3 days per week, only 1 lift per day? Something like BxOxSxxDLxBxOxxSxDL etc.

Wondering what a 9 day gap between lifts feels like

when should I do cardio if i'm trying to stick to Stronglifts 5x5?
Also my knees are starting to hurt

I dunno about cardio as I don't do it myself, but about the knees just squat less. I started on SL and squatting every workout made my legs disproportionately large. I don't know enough to tell you what to replace it with, but I know I started replacing one of the squat days with bench when I was still on SL.

Don't do GOMAD, just have some milk with every meal as an easy calorie boost.

Anyone had success with high fat, high protein, low carb diet? Not keto though. The diet has high amount of veggies and fruits.

Kind of a paleo diet. No beans, wheat, sugar etc.

If you've tried it, how has it worked out for you? How did you feel? I'm already somewhat fit. My goal is not to cut or bulk. Just curious about the long term effects of the diet.

Any idea why my cutting progress stopped ?

How often do you shit Veeky Forums?
Is there a difference while you're cutting and bulking, and how big of a difference?
I shit like once-twice per day while bulking and like once or twice a week while cutting.

>eat fatty foods
>get hard painful craps
>eat leafy greens and wholegrains
>get uncomfortable, messy sludgy shits
I cant win, whats the recipe for a pleasant shit?

Don't eat grains.
Or anything with lactose.
And try not to kill yourself since everything that tastes good has either one of those things

>reason for suicide
>did Keto

If I labmax anavar and only take less than 10mg daily, is there any risk involved?

I know anavar is said to be unreliable, but it would at least test with certainty that there aren't other steroids even if my anavar is not pure, right?