Get it off of your chest Veeky Forums, what do you want to rant about the gym?

people looking at me
stop fucking looking at me biiiiitch

Get it of your cheeeeeeeeeeeest!!!

The "squat squad"

Every day this skinny gook bitch, Ahmed, and their leader Baldy Mcdyel come in and do squats and nothing else

They must be stopped

>The "squat squad"
The who?

the mesh yoga pants qts ill never get to smash

There are like 3-4 different types of barbells in the gym and there is only 2-3 barbells of the correct type (20kg and proper girth) and it pisses me the fuck off when I come in for my Smolov bench routine on chest day and they're all taken by either skwatting skellys or some meme routine women
all the other barbells are literally for bitch hands or betas

people always come up to me and telling me theyre using the equipment im using. fuck off normies

It's full of dudebro chad dickheads and stacy sluts. the music is always shit too. too many machines, not enough treadmills. rather expensive. aesthetics and competitive bodybuilding fagwads everywhere. the owner of the gym is a bit of a dick too.

Is it normal for people to do leg presses on the chin-up/dip assist?
I don't know if I care.
It still peeves me. It's a kneepad, not something to shove your dirty shoes all over. Go find an actual leg press machine you cunt.

The girls who I can't tell if they're checking me out or not

>PF meme

Is it corporate policy to only ever have 4 stairclimbers? Is it corporate policy that two of them always seem to be shit?
Anchorage, AK to Marietta, GA. Same thing.

Was squatting yesterday doing my warmups and somebody was taking 45's off my rack and putting them on the leg press. After my set was done I walked over and grabbed them in front of him and put them on my bar and continued to squat. The guy came over to me and said he was using those and only had one set left. I pussied out and let him have the plates back and went to grab some other 45's from somewhere else in the gym.

I tried so hard to be an alpha but ended being a bitch. What should I have done?

the douche immigrants that come in groups of 6, wear snapbacks, and lift shit weight for 30 mins

then never re-rack like children who can't put away their things

What the fuck is in her nose? Does she think she's a farmyard animal?

you did the right thing. Dont come to the gym to fight people, just workout and leave. He probably took it by accident or something, if he does it again thats when you say something to him. You did the right thing

Told him "Hey, I was using those already" and then take them. when he retaliates point out where he could get more plates

If he continues then call the management. I'm also an uppity person but thats my take

those guys who walk around the gym with the gym bag.

I hate people who dont rerack. Theres never a set of 2 dumbells anywhere. You also have to go play fucking where waldo with weights. This is at 24 hour fitness btw

People who lift with shit form and think they're stronger than they are.

Fat people who are on a perma bulk

And also, people who think bulking means gain weight by eating whatever you want and as long as your lifts go up, no matter how subtly, it makes you a bodybuilder.

chick in pic is a bitch

dont want people looking at you? dont wear a thong and call it swim wear.

>TFW the bench bandits come and hog up the bench for an hour
>the row troopers comes in and takes the seated row and does abs between and then concentration curls
>The Grunt Gooneis arrive at 9:00 on the dot and grunt loud while pushing hoe weights
>the whore at the front desk puts the music up HELLA LOUD!
>"work work work work work,na,na,na,na,na,na nana,an"
>"big black horse on a cheery tree"
>the Zumba safari plays their degenerate pop music about sex and drugs. 35 year old and up women dancing away while one of them has a skirt made up with nothing but loud bells not for style, but its soul purpose is to make extra noise and attract attention and piss people off
"WHOOOOOOH" WHOOOOOH!" WHOOOOOOOOOOH"" constantly
>whenever i look at someone dead lifting their back is arched like a fucking rainbow
>women lifting 2lb dumbbells and aren't even working out,just there to show off,wasting bench space
>leaving towels on weights

>No one re racks
>don't rerack one time and the gym worker gets mad
>tell him everyone else is doin it, what you going to do? scream in the intercom and yell at the gym? nigga i put my shit back all the time, you just caught me on a bad day
>"well i can't pick that up"
>"not my fault you a weak ass nigga"

I can't use the gym showers because I'm a tranny and it would be a disaster if I used either one and also I don't like strangers seeing me naked regardless of sex or seeing other strangers naked.

>fags who don't know what to do
they do some curls or use one machine and then walk around 5 mnutes around the gum
>all those milfs with fat asses
id kill a man for a night with that one thicc shortstack

Im broke
Im fat
I want to go back
I cant
I only work out so i can feel something

Not even kidding, I saw some fucking Arab doing BARBELL flyes a few days ago.
I want to strangle whoever thought it was a good idea to embed 40" TVs in the mirror walls instead of mounting a proper bracket ABOVE the mirrors.
Those 2 girls who bring books to read on the fucking stationary bikes should be banned from the gym.
The resident "Gym Jew" that intermittently sprints on the treadmill for 3 hours looks like a monkey. At least wash your stained Israel flag shirt that you wear EVERY FUCKING DAY, faggot.
The "open area for stretching" is smaller than my bathroom, and there are always 5 people lined up doing shit in it. I know for a fact that I will just snap at somebody hogging the area, so I don't ask for a spot. I do bodyweight stuff at home because of this.
How the FUCK do you run out of towels when it's summer and a shitload of people are out of town?
I BADLY want to keep talking to the gym qt I met recently. However, I think I've finally met someone MORE insecure about their body than I am. Fuck.

My gym went from a small serious gym to a booming Mexican fiesta in a matter of 12 months. Now I have to wade through at least 15 spanish speakers to use some dumbbells, because I shit you not they will stand in groups of 5+ and do fuck all

It's like somebody forgot to neuter their Chihuahua and he went and created 30 million identical rat-dog mutts and they all congregate at and overheat my tiny gym

HOL UP HOL UP HOL UP
*smacks lips*
SO YOU BE SAIYAN

I hate that people don't push themselves at all. I've seen some faggots and women lifting the same weight for the same reps for MONTHS on end while looking the same and they do NOTHING to change their homeostasis. They are content with mediocrity and it disgusts me. I also wish that I didn't have to see as much old man dick in the locker room, and that the personal trainers knew what the fuck they were doing, but hey the pt's are also pretty hot so there's that.

>Anchorage, AK
There are two of them here, are they both the same way?

I started going to the school gym 3 months ago. I went there because 9/10 I was alone or there's on other person. Now, there's a bunch of fuccbois going every morning, doing curls as their first exercises, a couple of sit-ups then bring all their other friends to talk and shit around. I fucking hate them, I know they'll leave after a couple of weeks with nothing to show, so why the fuck are they even working out in the first place.
>tfw just wanna lift alone

turned 30
started paying attention to my health
another blood test in the morning
get results next week
secretly hoping my levels have improved......

I fucking hate it when there's a group of 3+ people that just stand around a single station/bench/whatever I need for an hour while they just sit around talking for the vast majority of time.

>go to ask them how many sets they got left after they've been there for 30 minutes
>oh dude, we just got here

>gym has 2 sets of weights of all the 5-80 pound weights
>both sets of a single weight within this range manage to disappear
>it's the ones you need

today i took somebody's 45s and when he told me i apologized and helped him rerack. that doesn't bother me. but he seemed kinda miffed the rest of the time i was there. i don't get that. when i get mad i explode and then i'm cool. how people seethe and don't do anything...it creeps me out

>mesh yoga pants
Fucking hell
Why are literal stripper outfits so popular? It's like they enjoy torturing lonely people
So many thots wearing transparent leggings, volleyball shorts, and thin white sports bras you can see every detail of their nipples through

eh, I went to the Benson one. I'm exaggerating, but it still bugs me.
>middle two are alright
>far left is in metric for some reason
>far right is creaky and feels like it's going to break.
>In two PFs a continent apart.

Happened the other day
>Gym has one (1) power rack
>Running slightly late, get there at 9 gym closes at 10
>Need to do my squats for SS
>Some Mexican doing military press in the power rack
>There's a literal military press bench a few feet away
>"Hey man, how many sets do you have left?"
>"Ohh I jus started mane"
>"How many sets do you have?"
>"Mmmmmm... 5 or 6, however many I feel like"
>At this point I'm starting to get pissed because he's just sitting on the bench texting
>Ask to work in, I just need 3 sets
>"Nah mane, iss already set up the way I need"
>Walk away before I start arguing with him
>Do squats in the smith machine like a barbarian

Like how fucking hard is it to let someone work in, when they're offering to reset all of the weight themselves? Fuck man. How are are you just going to sit on a chair under the barbell texting for 10 minutes while other people are begging you to let them do their workouts?

If I saw you in the lockerroom at my gym I'd drag you into the shower with me and use you as I see fit; human pocket pussy

this over aggressive dindu who is always rapping what hes listening to outloud and drops his weights loud as fuck that arent even that heavy and yells shit like "LETS FUCKING GO" all the time. annoying as fuck probably tren'd out

I am fit, handsome, smart, make $100k first year out of college, have had cute girlfriends, hookups...

But somehow I always feel ugly, boring, and like the last hookups and girlfriends were flukes, no matter how much I dedicate myself to self improvement.

i have the same fucking problem and i also go to 24

The women who go to the gym JUST to train their ass. Shit pisses me off so much

where you from? this was a big difference I noticed moving from new york to cali. ny it's routine to yell at people over even minor annoyances, but then it's done and you're over it. ca people are petty but nonconfrontational, they'll just stew, it's unhealthy. this confused the hell out of me until someone explained it to me

Why shouldn't they just train their ass? If they're hitting it with good form, good for them.

cool

>valuing yourself based on metrics designed by other people
>not creating your own goals and purpose and pursuing those instead

you're improving your ego not your soul

I dunno, I think it's kinda endearing and cute, especially when the girl isn't a total thot and actually dresses decently (ie her shorts aren't shorter and tighter than my underwear)

they just want to be thicc enough to pull their Chad, same as we want to be swole enough to pull our qt waifu

forgot pic

Please user god I'm desperate how do I improve my soul, I've taken care of everything else

>It's #LegDay!!!
>Put on my $200 Lululemon yoga pants, make sure they're pulled all the way into my ass crack
>Lace up my brand new Yeezys
>Touch up my makeup since it's been a few hours, need to look good for the guys at the gym
>Work on hair while I'm at it, putting it in a ponytail is ugly
>Realize I don't own any workout tops
>Just a sports bra is fine
>Arrive at gym
>What luck, there's an open smith machine
>Stand two feet behind where a natural stance would put me, have to activate the glutes
>Start doing my #Squats, bend back over and stick ass as far out as possible to make sure they're effective
>No weight on bar, don't want to get too bulky
>Rest while drinking bubble tea out of my $50 Victoria's Secret water bottle
>Take a few pictures for Snapchat
>#SquatGoalzzz
>See some creepy guy wearing a hoodie and earbuds alone
>He's doing something where he just picks a bunch of weight off the floor and slams it back down, and sips from the water fountain after every set
>Take a picture of him too

Unironically, go to church

What is it with dudes in their late 30s-early 40s who haven't given up their generations style things?

Whats wrong with 90% of all indians/pakis/sand people in the gym?

How do people have so little self awareness that they want to take up 3+ pieces of equipment at a time?

Ok yes I like where you're going very zen very spiritual but what if I used to go to church and now I don't believe

are you so desperate to vomit some feel good self-help intellectual shit at somebody after reading 3 paragraphs of an article on stoicism or some drivel that you would really start mouthpiecing to a guy lying about having money, looks, smarts, and women on Veeky Forums?

you forgot to also say you're a faggot who blogposts about his materialistic accomplishments on an anonymous board

What do you have to look like to get a girl with an ass like that?

I don't know, at the very least get into meditation (very beneficial even if you're not religious, makes you feel more "connected to reality" if that makes sense).
Try getting into entry-level philosophy, like existential stuff. You won't agree with all of it, but I found that it opened my mind to a lot of alternative worldviews. Camus, Sartre, Dostoevsky (if you like literature instead of essays) were all concerned with how to live a meaningful life, the first two being irreligious.

Yea that's me, I thought it all would make my happy but now I'm at square zero and I'm too embarrassed to talk about this with people in real life.

All of these gymrats only lifting LIGHTWEIGHT. DON'T FUCKING STOP AT 16KG. THE FUCKING DUMBBELL MAXES OUT AT 30KILOS!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rack your fucking weights I'm not your mother

too embarrassed to talk to anybody because the world isn't your fantasy and none of that shit happened or will happen and you would sound like jason blaha listing off accomplishments that aren't at all real

the south, so people (including me) are very polite and don't let little things bother them but will go to blows over big things and especially being blatantly disrespectful. that's why i was so surprised and creeped out. i'm used to people either being friendly or getting openly mad. Passive-aggressiveness or stewing is sort of associated with women around here. I guess i shouldn't let it bother me it just seemed so alien.

>at gym
>some girl is at the squat rack
>isn't squatting or anything. Just using the rack to place her dumbbells on
>is doing some weird swinging exercise like she is running with dumbbells minus the running

im glad there are 3 of them at my gym but wtf was this girl thinking

>lifting to git pucci

>tfw qt is doing glute kickbacks in the only squat rack available and im having an internal conflict whether to ask her to do that shit somewhere else or just do something else and risk getting it taken by someone
why are women allowed in the free weight section?

Nah man, it's because I'm embarrassed to admit to people that I'm not happy even though I try to always seem happy.

trips of delusion, lies, and autism, it describes you perfectly, a zero

>be me
>work at gym & lift there aswell
>other coworkers coming up to me DURING my workout "hey are you working"?
>motherfucker does it look like I'm working, I'm working these GAINZZ

Yea man whatever thanks for that

>go out with qt
>takes video of me about some stupid shit asks me a question
>i never even take my phone out or take pics of her
I'm barely breaking into normie status but wtf is that shit.
Does it mean I can freely take video when i bang her?

People are absolutely obsessed with documenting every second of their day on Snapchat, I didn't believe how bad it was until I tried dating a few normie girls from tinder. The first thing they do is take a picture of you and post it to advertise who they're going on a first date with. Then you catch them snapping pictures of random shit or themselves when you're trying to talk to them, and realize they haven't been listening to a word you said.
Something about it really disturbs me on a base level.

hey fuck you too pal

I would say there are two levels of mad for men in the South. The first is the "you must not be from around here" level where you tell them what they did wrong and to please knock it off. Common phrases for this level are "Were you raised in a barn, boy?" or "Didn't your mother teach you better?" The second level is the "I already dun told you" level. You typically have to pass through level one to get here, but serious infractions (insulting a spouse or mother, deliberate damage of property, spitting, etc.) can go straight there. This is usually just yelling, but will come to blows if the offense is grave enough as in many cases where level one is skipped.
It sounds like your guy was either a weirdo or a carpet bagger, my man. No one should stew over something like that especially if you apologized.

okay

>be me in new goodlife gym
>im a small guy 6'0 190lbs 15%
>lift decently
>workout
>have to get done in 60-90 min cause of work
>its busy
>bust around lift heavy shit go fast
>people watch me go
>girls watch me
>girls try to get me to notice them
>timbahwolf is jelly
>met frank yang

kinda cool I guess. but fuck I just want to work in peace.

>down to the last 15 pounds of weight loss
>doing great
>plateau at 167
>uh, whatever. Just give it a week.
>167
>fuck it, I'll refeed this week
>168
>goddammit, I'm gonna be more strict this week
>169

WHAT THE FUCK

JUST GO DOWN GODDAMMIT

>Yesterday
>6'0 Arab guy, thick beard and a man bun, always see him at the gym
>grunts
>smells like microwaved shit
>in DB area, grabs 3 sets of dumbbells similar in weight (25, 27.5, 30lb) and brings to his bench
>DB benches are literally directly in front of DB area, no need for al Fajzar to hoard them under his area
>Not even supersetting anything, just does a set then returns them to DB rack(again, right in front of him)
>I'm doing incline press 2 benches away and still get wafted by eau d'Muhammad every time he moves more than 3 feet
>Later in locker room, getting changed
>Saddam comes in dripping with sweat and still reeking, pulls bag out of locker and gets down to his underwear
>instead of showering, sprays his entire body with old spice spray for a conservative guess of 5 seconds, puts on civilian clothes and walks out
>mfw
>Suffocating, I try to get my stuff wrapped up and get out of there
>Get home 20mins later and realize that I smell like old spice

he can't carry a 45 with both arms?
what

it's better for their business for the PTs to not do anything actually helpful as long as their client feels accomplished

People who hog a bench for an hour sitting there on their fucking phone while every other bench is taken by some steroid raged faggot who sounds like they are passing the worlds biggest kidney stone

>make $100k first year out of college,
How though

Seek psychiatric help.

Somebody's been sprinkling chalk around the goddamned gym like Johnny Appleseed, that's fine, we're in a gym. What's shitty is that someone had a fit and hid the chalk bowl inside a tire and then put that tire in the back of a stack of five 6 foot tall tires. Luckily someone else fished it out .

my boy asked for it from his first ever interview, micro$oft was happy to oblige

That's what lifting is for, user.

actually, they offered him like $107k after he said that and gave him a better vacation plan

My own fucking weak willpower.
Been "cutting" for ages now, only lost a bit over 12 lbs cuz I cant stick to eating clean and have an ice cream or cookies or some shit here and there.
Making minimal gains because I'm eating too little to gain alot of muscle but eating too much for my weight to go down

>Started lifting at my colleges gym
>College gym is full of gucci bumber plates, power racks+deadlift platforms errwhere, and everyone doesn't do meme lifts
>Life is perfect, tons of people to ask for spotters and people who give out lifting advice
>Suddenly summer break
>Go to local rec center because it has a gym and a pool
>Oh god the gym is unrecoverable
>the horror
>HS kids who sit around the bench talking for hours
>old people with attitude
>girls who take up the power rack for hours doing weird good mornings or squats with 5 pound plates on. Or convince the dudebro's to work in so add another 20 minutes
>The weights are never ever in order
>I'm certain there's a 45 plate famine in this gym
>I'm certain that I'm the only one who squats/power cleans/snatches and deadlifts. Like I only seen people start to power clean deadlift since I arrived
>HS students start seeing me as competition because I'm some random ass 5'9 manlet that does the same weight as them despite being 4 inches shorter

I want to go back to college.

I got a fucking cold and this week was supposed to test my 1RM. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

What was the job and what was his degree

it's called lying on the internet

>power cleans/snatches
Why

>despite being shorter

you mean, despite them being taller? being shorter makes it easier to do many if not all exercises

not sure his actual title, but some sort of software engineering, bsc comp sci I'm pretty sure
it should be noted he was recruited from campus
even he was surprised since in his own words he's just some guy from LA state

caught me off guard, imagined Aris saying this

biiiiiiiiiiitch

Just bertstare them until they get the hint

Fuck off weeb, no one cares

this is something i've been brooding over and keeping to myself for so long because i thought i was entirely alone in this frame of mind