Why is modern society so averse to the notions of modesty? Why does modern society, instead, tolerate...

Why is modern society so averse to the notions of modesty? Why does modern society, instead, tolerate, promote or encourage vulgarity or even outright promiscuity which seem only to be more depraved each passing generation? When did this start?

>inb4 people have always been lewd, horny fuckers.
Yes, of course tiddies make peepee hard, but the considering all the progress humanity has made, surely one can expect that such low behavior must be considered unacceptable, instead?
>inb4 OP is a pretentious fedora tipping faggot who thinks he's special and better than everyone else.
by any means, no. I do not consider myself to be superior to others nor do I consider myself to be special. Im just curious as to why do people like pic related is considered nowadays to be odd just because of the manner of his clothing. He explained in a video that at first he was afraid to wear formally on a reuglar basis for fear of judgement, yet modern society is known to be subject to the tyranny of tolerance but ideals and concepts which show even the slightest hint of conservativeness(not sure if correct word), is shunned as backwards.

No one wants to see your pecker.

Well, first off, you need to be clear about what's meant by modesty. Anglo-Puritan concepts of modesty are abhorrent and not even desirable. As far as actual modesty is concerned, we are in a weird place because while woman dress like sluts if you look at them your considered creepy. So they want their cake and want to eat it to i.e. they want to dress like whores but not act like whores (loving to strangers) and are only craving chad's cock.

>what's meant by modesty
being a decent person, both in appearance and character with self-restraint and respect to others by respect to others I mean knowing that you're not the center of the universe, simply put takes others into consideration.
That's just what I meant about modesty really.

Because as society has become more liberal, people have confused freedom with degeneracy - because people "can" do things, they think that they should, that they're somehow not exercising their freedom if they don't.

For example, promiscuity isn't considered as such, but is rather "sexual liberation". If you're not this way, then you're considered to be missing out or repressed.

When and why did this happen? at what point in time did things start to go to shit? and what are the factors that contributed to such an over-liberalization?

shameful, self-bump

Do you live in the USA? Young people are very modest in some ways. In swimming pools and gym changing rooms, people (especially young males) change underneath towels because they are socialized to be embarrassed at casual nudity.

flip-land actually, most people haven't yet sunk that low as to actually accept public nudity, but nudists exist. But how do you explain the promiscuous and vulgar behavior and practices that the youth engages in nowadays?

It's almost impossible to answer the question of "when and why". It's likely a combination of many factors stretching back many years that needs rigorous study before any meaningful conclusions can be reached. Anything we say here is purely conjecture. I could go rambling on about "the decline of morals" but in the end that's not really painting the full picture.

Literally jews.

Actually, I consider this 'decline' to have started in the US during the early 70s

e.g. exposed to sexuality at an inappropriate age, casual sex, inappropriate clothing, anti-intellectualism, drung usage, absence of higher ideals concerned only with instant gratification etc. etc.

Yes but OP is asking what caused these to become commonplace to begin with. All I can say really is , but again, that doesn't get to the root of the problem. What caused the decline of morals and the rise of the things you mention?

I'm op actually, I just cited some examples.

& Humanities strikes again

Oh, I am sorry. Is there something wrong with my post?

There it is. Like clockwork.

It has its origins in Marxism and enlightenment ideas.

In the ancient past people were untamed, controlled by lust and we're basically animals.

In the axial age great thinkers like Confucious, Buddha, Aristotle etc came up with ideas of self descipline and ways to be greater versions of your self. To control our animalistic nature and be above that. In enlightenment and afterwards (in the west(people) began to see such ideas as social constructs holding people back. This rebellious thinking has persisted and still persists today.

It will go away in our lifetime as China and India takes over

>China as the dominant world power
I shudder at the mere thought of it.

In the US it occurred in the '60s. Filthy hippies... No surprise it's become the norm since they're the ones holding office now!

prove its not the jews

What we are seeing now is simply the mature enlightenment which has been growing into a fruit since it was first planted in the 18th century.

>anti_intellellectualism, drug usage, instant gratification...
Individualism taught us that the only thing that counts is your happiness, and other people barely exists. That went so far that we consider ourselves in the future as different people. That’s approximately my definition of degeneracy nowadays.
Yes, enlightenment is about personal freedom, and generated individualism. But Marxism is, on the contrary, a super social structure that doesn’t allow the individual (king, warlord, capitalist...) to take over.

This isn't a modern problem. It's a historical problem and part of the human condition. There has never been a golden age where everyone was good to one another.

Debate doesn't work that way. You make a claim, you gotta substantiate it.

I don't have to prove anything to you until you do so first. or at least try to before you accuse me of being JIDF.

These are things that always existed. This is nothing new. People were crying about this in the 50s for crying out loud.

>There has never been a golden age where everyone was good to one anoth-
*ahem*

Yeah, tow the party line or disappear sure does sound decent and modest.

t. Guy who just posted on the most vulgar and degenerate site on the internet

But marxists believe that many things such as religion are social constructs by the elite to hold the non-elite individuals back.

As I have stated in my post, considering humanity's progress and advancements, society as a whole should be maturing into something better, not getting more and more concerned with satisfying impulses with each passing generation.

This. There are places in Europe where people chill out naked and no one makes a fuss about that. It's not promiscuous, they just want to hang out (pun not originally intended).

would have been the 20s

1920s*

Hitler and Eva weren't married, they were living in sin

>and are only craving chad's cock

Women are as willing to fuck average men as you are to fuck shitty women.

why not both desu?

how is modern society averse to this? most normies behave in this way, they just do it naturally instead of larping as al capone to seem 'classy'

Because he's a counterculture charlatan who is arguing about decency on a god damn anime imageboard with no slightest hint of self-awareness

That's Marxism with American consumerist flavour, Marxism in other countries is incredibly Conservative and ultra traditionalist, even if they don't like the church.

t. Someone that hates communism as much as the next guy

You seem to be basing your ideas of humanity on some teenager with ADHD in high school who made fun of you for being a nerd.

The vast majority of people are lethargic, the minority that snap at you are like a yapping dog that was going to get pissed off at everything anyway. Wear what you want and let h8ers hate.

I know that in Veeky Forums the consensus is that you are either a robot or a chad, but in reality most normies are just incredibly submissive and lacking in strong ideas. They're not degenerates, they're just more likely to break under social pressure (ironically enough) and by break I mean that they will just follow suit on what their friends do instead of having an autistic tantrum like one might expect from a more socially awkward person.

That said, the reason why people tend to look weird at you if you dress like in pic related is because it's slightly out of date fashion, nobody really dresses like that anymore. And even if they did, people usually expect well-dressed people to be actually importat people. Nobody is going to look down on Baron Trump if he shows up somewhere dressed in a suit, but they will look down on literal-who because they will probably feel he's just trying to stand out or trying to show himself as "better" than they.
Tho that's not even the majority, IRL if they saw you like that on the street most people would just "that's odd" and move on with their lives.

In the past if you were a degenerate you would die from STD's

>Puritanism is progress
Why are Americans so stupid?

Love the idea that women wearing jeans and short-sleeve shirts is "dressing like sluts". What do you want, Burkas? And the stupidity of complaining women want it "both ways" for not being sexually harassed for not dressing like a Victorian maid. If Gay dudes started pressing you in public like women have to deal with you would be rightly infuriated and society would take your side. I suppose females don't deserve the same comforts as you do though, you earned it though. Oh wait, you just won a coin toss at fertilization,

Found the roastie

>Puritanism
>Bad

>Love the idea that women wearing jeans and short-sleeve shirts is "dressing like sluts".
strawman much? Girls today wear shorts that are about 3 times smaller than my underwear. I wouldn’t be complaining if women didn’t stigmatizes men for simply looking at them. If you dress a certain way and go out in public, you need to accept that all types of people will see you. Not just chad. If you don’t want most of the publc to look at you, maybe you should wear a burka.

>tow the party line
>tow

Well you see, where I'm from, if you act polite and dignified, you are immediately branded as snobbish , condescending and and even pretentious. I know it's hard to imagine and you may think that I'm exaggerating, but in all seriousness, people from where I'm would rather listen and follow pic related and shun those who behave in a dignified manner mostly because there is a stigma that dignified people immediately think 'they're better than you'.

Your understanding of Marxism leaves much to be desired.

>It will go away in our lifetime as China and India takes over
but what if Brazil takes over

Nice false dichotomy, bruh.

Not everyone is from an inner city ghetto.

And really, its sad and frightening to think that people from where im from accept this openly with applause and laughter and not being digusted by such vulgar behavior. Pic related trash is IMMENSELY popular here his(her?) lewd and disgusting antics garner much applause.
>inb4 OP hates homos
I couldn't care less what you would like to stick your dick in, but I do care how you behave in public.

>nowadays
What exactly do you mean by nowadays? In the last few years teen sex has been at its lowest rate since the 80s.

I'm going to assume that you're from a developed nation with a highly educated population

Forgive my presumption. So western liberal influence has made your country more promiscuous?

exactly, not meaning to shit on the west, but before the arrival of the americans, flip society was extremely conservative, due to centuries of spanish catholic influence, this conservative attitude started eroding away since the imperialist americans came, and really, debased behavior and attitudes start from urban areas where foreigners are present.

>Society purposely structured so that everyone competed with each other and backstabbing was encouraged.
>Society that openly advocates for the extermination of entire peoples for the 'crime' of their existence.
>Tow the party line or disappear.

Because porky and the Jews (often one and the same) profit off you being a slave to your desires and living in a disfunctional, individualistic community

(that they can sell you things to fix)
Why do you think they’re lawyers and psychiatrists?

?
>you may think that I'm exaggerating
>there is a stigma that dignified people immediately think 'they're better than you'
You may think I don't understand but I have met some incredibly shitty people and I wouldn't put it beyond them to want to physically assault you simply because you look a bit unusual in your 40s noir outfit.

That said I am sure ISIS would toss you off a building and nazis would auschwitz you. At all times you are completely surrounded by wild violent apes full of neurotic impulses that you might accidentally trigger by doing the most innocuous things. Not saying it isn't bad, but fixating on this 1 small bad thing is kind of pointless.

The problems with today's society, and our lack of modesty, stem from the vast majority of people abandoning the Almighty Creator and purposefully attacking the holy word of the Bible. In order to see morality enthroned Christianity must return to its place as the absolute power.

no

>abandoning the Almighty
The almighty abandoned us. Want people to believe in you, to follow you? Get the fuck of your divine throne and be a god to them. Where are the miracles? Where are the divine proclamations? Give us a fucking sign that isn't a 2000 thousand year old book.