Squatting for any reason beyond the sheer irony of the situation

>squatting for any reason beyond the sheer irony of the situation

seriously what makes you choose squatting over leg press when you know you will develop better legs with the latter?

What am I looking at here?

I had no idea Jeff was into feminine penis.

Leg press is garbage though. Less muscle activation because of how much mechanical advantage is used.

A picture of a lovely Lebanese couple, circa 1981 before the war devastated Beirut.

wow shes ugly, I mean so is jeff but it shouldnt matter with his body.

Muh butt

Leg press will snap your shit up HORRIBLY if not careful. Better squat, then use leg extensions / curls and calf raises for leg day

I dont get whats wrong with jeffs face. like he should be good looking but something about it is just off. not that im not ugly but im just talking from an academic perspective

Kek

she was a megaslutâ„¢ at the time

Squatting doesn't improve mental ability but it somehow makes me less of a retard than you, goddamn you're fucking stupid. Where did you get the money to hire the surrogate you need to work you're fucking keyboard you goddamn caveman. The next time you get heat stoke, just stay in the sun until you die instead of making a thread like this you blithering hayseed.

Oh yeah your picture sucks too. Fuck you.

>seriously what makes you choose squatting over leg press when you know you will develop better legs with the latter?

Don't have to do leg day if you dont have legs anymore

squatting is a great exercise for most people

leg press is only superior for quads if you happen to have poor leverages for the squat
you realize you can load additional plates onto the leg press to counteract this, right? obviously 315 on a leg press is much easier than 315 on a squat for a variety of reasons, but in the end your muscles only understand mechanical tension
leg press is perfectly safe if you don't do 1/4 ROM with excessive amounts of weight or allow your lower back to enter flexion at the bottom

muh functional strength
m-muh posterior chain
muh stabilizers
muh core

>muscle activation is purely weight

You're retarded. Because of the mechanical advantage, the same muscles are not used in a leg press can a squat

Not squatting in 2017 kekerino

I honestly just do it for the test boost that comes from developing the largest muscle group

Well every exercise is safe if you know how to do it safely. I personally stick to squats because I dont trust myself to not get absentminded and lock knees out on leg press. Squats, they are taxing enough that I am always on my toes.

Can squat at home in my pajamas at midnight

different muscles are emphasized/not emphasized because in a leg press, the legs are loaded directly while in a squat the load is on top of the spinal column

I was not claiming that leg press works the all the muscle groups a squat does (obviously it doesn't), but that the same weight being easier on the quads is ultimately irrelevant because you can just add more weight (and your quads only understand mechanical tension)

locking knees is not a real thing, otherwise we would have rampant injuries from locking out squats (with locked knees), locking out bench press (with locked elbows), etc

this is one of the most pervasive myths when it comes to leg press, unless you have hypermobile joints or you are using excessive weight for 0.00025 ROM locking the knees is not dangerous

Cosplay of Robin and Starfire go to prom

>always on my toes
That's just your shit form, user

You raise a good point.

I'll personally keep doing squats and extensions paired with explosive lunges (because t. fencingfag), but just wanted to note that I see what you mean.

kek

My quads are already good. I need everything else to catch up. Ala squats.

I don't have the money or room for a leg press.

Who is this fellow, does anyone know if he's natty?

do squats, leg press and hack squats.

Someone took a Caucasian's fave and wrapped it around Bruce Lee's skull

>he can't into simple trigonometry
Let me make it simple for you:
On a 45 degree leg press sled you add the weight of the sled to the plates you load and multiply it by 0.707 to get the actual load you're pressing. That easy enough for you?

>gives the exact opposite of good advice
I see what you did there..

There is no 'mechanical advantage' unless you're bad at math and physics. See: Also if all you do is squats then your legs may never reach their full strength potential, because any part of you from your shoulders all the way down to your feet that is the 'weak link in the chain' will be the LIMITER to how much you can squat. And having seen how most of you primates 'train', you bypass specific training of all the 'helper' muscles, plus you try to rush things too quickly, so you end up stalling out somewhere and wondering why. Then you get impatient and start taking steroids.

Currently can't afford a gym membership but I have some barbells and can do squats.

>My quads are already good. I need everything else to catch up. Ala squats.
That is literally the hardest and dumbest way to get there. Identify the specific limiters and work on them specifically for several weeks, THEN do squats.

stop giving good advice on Veeky Forums, it's a waste of time

>criminally underrated

I want stronger legs, not prettier ones

>implying squats are only meant for legs
>implying you can only do one leg exercise

>Roiding for this

>not squatting for a bubble butt and perfect legs

never gonna make it

>she

Glutes for the sloots

Fucking kek

does anyone else not even bother with legs anymore? i got to 405 DL and 365 squat and one day i started thinking why i was even doing these exercises. I dropped both 3 months ago and dont see any reason to get do them again

>not doing both
Never gonna make it

If you just want stronger legs, you should honestly be doing leg presses then. If you want leg development limited by core stability, then do squats.

So squatting makes you taller?

that was grim