/fat/ - "If you can't beat em', join em'." Edition

Previous thread

>Who is /fat/ for?
It's for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage.
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure.)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week.
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones.
myfitnesspal.com

O-Oops

I'm going to confess. I ate leftover fried food today, i know it wasn't right. But it was our final. After that, we are storing healthy shit in our fridge for the sake of my health (and fiance's).

So the local gym is starting a weight loss competition. Last year's winner went from 215 to 160 in 100 days(!)

I'm already doing 20 hour fasts and 1.5k cal a day on Keto and I'm at 240lb. Think I can drop to 1000 cal a day and not die terribly?

You are all disgusting.

People look at you on the street and laugh at you, people avoid you on the street because you're a disgusting fat blob and the overwhelming smell emanating from your rotting flab folds would cause them to faint in a nano second.

You smell like fucking shit, you look even worse. If you're not out of fat mode you're not trying hard enough.

Large man little shit like that is whats gonna keep you fucked m8.

Thanks mate.

I know, should of fed it to our dog. :(

I've been called skinny recently, but I can still grab rolls of fat
more work to be done

Well I don't know if I'm still fatass nevertheless I feel like one.
quick story:
Got my shit together around 2nd week of May.
Scale showed 103,7 kg. I thought HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TOO MUCH.
Started using myfitnesspal to count calories and macro as well as doing cardio at least 3 times a week. (started with long walks - 1hr+, then went for quasi intervals). At the beginning I've couldn't even jog for 4min straight. 3 days ago I've did 5km on 26min.
>feelsgoodman
2 weeks ago I've added some basic calisthenics (poor student fuck and gym prices are retarded here)
Weighed myself today - scale showed 91,5kg but I still feel like a fat fuck.

>pic related

nice wojak

Keep going. Don't stop. You'll make it.

You're not wrong.

NO.

Tomorrow is always a day away. Start NOW.

I know, I won't stop but I don't think I look any better I've looked before. The only difference is that I don't look kinda "swollen" on my face and maybe double chin got slightly smaller. Other than that I still feel pudgy :(

Do you think you'll look better if you give up?

lul wut? What kind of question is that?
I know I will look better if I continue doing what I'm doing and adding strength training asap. But the thing is - I see almost no changes of those 12kgs lost.

You're fishing for good feels and you don't deserve them yet. Keep pushing and you'll be rewarded.

I'm gonna make it

We're ALL gonna make it

Is this projecting or what? Im not fishing for anything. Maybe I've just overestimated the influence of losing 8-9kg of fat on my body looks.
Thats probably it.

>Maybe I've just overestimated the influence of losing 8-9kg of fat on my body looks.
>Thats probably it.

I'm not putting you down, bro. I'm telling you to keep going and stop trying to convince yourself you look good or better. Just keep pushing towards your end goal.

Thank you, copy and spread pls.

Nah, don't do this user. You'll regret it. Keep going, don't quit. You'll be glad you did when women want to lick ice-cream off your abs in the summers to come.

How do i get more energy?
before I lost these 27 lbs this summer I had energy, but ever since I started keto last week (21st) (It made me loose 7 lbs, but thats water and it felt terrible) I've not even been able to get basic shit done.
I cant do caffeine since I'm extremely sensitive to it.
The only thing that works is ice cold showers, and that only lasts a couple hours.

I just broke keto, gonna just keep with low carb. But I need energy.

ALRIGHT GUYS! Sorry, its been a busy week. Between 2 hours of traffic, 9 hours of work, 3 C25K circuits, 4 PHUL days and 3 push-up/sit-up days and 6 dog walks a week, along with meal prep... fucking everything there's just not enough hours in the day.

Massive shout out to somefatguy for catching most of your weights for me, it does a crazy amount to help me out. That said, I still need weigh-ins from -
Adam
Knight of Manlets
JDM
Fishbreh
nope
datpipboy
Tejas Fag
Pet
Disco
Diesel
Analfag
Apex
Keith
touhoufag

Once I have Analfag and Diesel's weights, we can decide the tournament winner! Remember that weigh-ins are due in the next 3 hours or else you're shit outta luck for the week.

Carbs are where you get all energy from in food. No carbs = no energy and you're going to be running off fumes. Your brain also needs ~110g of carbs daily just to work properly.

There's a reason bodybuilders eat a ton of carbs. It's not a bad thing, just stay away from the refined sugars and shit.

There's also a reason the "keto flu" is a common thing

Also, just to try and help some of you out, the numbers I'm seeing for an arbitrary internet contest are getting... unhealthy, to say the least.

I respect what you guys are trying to do but 7+ lbs in a week? That's obscene and I know, for a fact, some of you are doing heinously unhealthy things to achieve such.

This is about a lifestyle change, not destroying your bodies with unsustainability to achieve having your name in the 'Grand Prize Winner' box. It will not be tolerated again.

If you want to be heinously unhealthy and I can figure it out, I will put you in your own 'dangerous' bracket, segment you from the rest and your results will be weighed against other unhealthos.

Don't kill yourselves or at least don't make me moderately culpable in you killing yourselves. First, final and only warning.

>thread full of fatsos have eating disorders
alright sherlock

Have an eating disorder all you want, just don't make me partially responsible for it or aware of it.

I care about a healthy lifestyle, I care about personal well being and fitness. I care about a lot of the people in the contest to boot and it dismays me to see some of you almost die for sake of numbers. I also hate to see you go too, but I'd rather you be alive and fat than cutting a very pretty figure in your obituary.

>Get invited to go out drinking with friends
>have a good time
>Lady with a camera comes to take pictures of people to later get uploaded to social media
>See the picture on social media
>See my massive tits and fat face
>wake up call
The diet starts now and im getting my ass to a gym

play personal trainer or play therapist
not both

I'll play whatever I want, sport. Personal trainer with a moral compass.

You can just call me Apple though.

You look like a kid.

you haven't given anybody anything
you've just said;
>this is bad because I say so, stop doing it

if you want to dissect the ins and outs of why people over/undereat then best of luck to you, but don't just slap them on the wrist and tell them to stop it
that doesn't help anybody

or are you just signalling your virtue instead of actually trying to help people

I want people's pain to end too, but I don't have the answers to their problems, and I don't use it as a platform for moral superiority either

cue defensive reply
I'm off to bed, I'll read it tomorrow

my skinnyfat gf told me she didn't like me losing so much weight. i broke up with her for other reasons but now i'm sitting here a stillfat retard with no plans on a friday night

i really want to order dominos

Yeah its annoying i'm 18 even though i get a wristband after the doorman sees my id the people at the bar always insist they see my id even though i got in

Why don't you just fucking hang yourself right now? It'll be faster than what you're doing but you CLEARLY don't give a shit about living any longer so why prolong your suffering? Unless you can't find rope that will support your bloated carcass?

Omg I just ate a red beet.
First off it tasted way sweeter than before keto. And second, a good ammount of energy came to me 20 min after.
Woot
Fuck keto, beets for days

damn

@Analfag
you heard the man, just you and me, mano a mano

I'll be slower next week since I'll be back to lifting+eating

I just ate a beet and 3 oz of sweet potato.
I feel good, still under calorie goal.

I hope my weight doesn't stall, but al least I am not going crazy lol.

>tfw want this body
>tfw at 5'10 and 260lb I'll likely always have stretch marks, loose skin and a general fucked up body
>tfw even when I'm a healthy weight I'll never feel comfortable taking my shirt off at the beach or the pool
>tfw grills will never compliment my aesthetic as fuark body

Why did I get fat in the first place ;_;

Just remember you ate them when it's time for you to shit.

I'm not trying to give anyone anything as I'm not their keeper. I moderate a weight loss contest and I've imposed a rule because I, personally, won't stand for unhealthy lifestyles that use a contest to focus in on and thus I moderate my contest.

Its a slap on the wrist because that's all I can do, that's why I requested twice not to make me culpable or aware of it. I'd love to help people but I acknowledge that I can't. So, if they want to be in the contest, they'll abide or they'll stop making me aware of it so I can stop caring

There's no moral superiority, there's just a new rule. Untwist thy panties and either indulge in your eating disorder in silence or deal with my 'virtue signalling' when it comes to a contest. Hope that's not too defensive a response for ya.

Glad to hear.

ate 1800 calories
>still hungy

Lost about 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks after months of nothing in either direction. 35 more to go.

>neet
>woke up at 2pm
>didnt eat until just now
>ate oatmeal and eggs
>mfp won't let me complete the day because it's unhealthy
who came up with this 1200 calorie bullshit

Having said that

>mfw I've already eaten 1000 calories and it's not even 2pm

Wtf I thought I selected the pic

eat all the veg you want
it's pretty much just water

>tfw not extremely fat by normie standards (6'2'' 240 lbs) but I have such a horrible self image of body that I want to end it and don't even feel like I deserve a relationship or any friends.

When I look in the mirror I see Joey

I go between seeing myself as "decent frame for my weight" and pic related
>tfw when am obese by normie standards (5'6" 320 lbs) and am probably seen as 400 lbs

To be honest the hate is good. It stops me from overeating too much on my cheat days and lets me stay at 1500 calories or below the other 6 days of the week

Does fasting once or twice a week work?

work for what

fishbreh

forgive for I have sinned, I ate a slice of pizza and a beer

C'mon, just one slice

I feel weak today lads
praying I don't go over my limit

You mean starving entire day to make up for your shitty weekly food choices?
Dont be stupid, its about being consistent and dedicated, making yourself suffer one day to gorge another does not work, ever.

how 2 los wait w/out dieting or dong ecksercis

Apex

lipo

4 month coma

chop off left leg

Guys how much veggies should be eaten a day?

all of them

FUCK EVERYONE, IM GOING TO MAKE IT MOST IMPORTANTLY FUCK MYSELF

17th of august and not a day before

>all of them

This guy IS going to make it

>17th of august and not a day before

What happens 17th of august? Is that the day you magically become fit?

you saying you're not gonna touch pizza until you're a greek god?

well if you are you have more restraint than me
and far more restraint than is necessary

Point being why do you have a set date for when you can eat like shit again? As opposed to a goal weight or bodyfat percentage?

is the concept of a break from a strict diet really that alien?

that date in particular because it's 3 weeks away, lots of progress to be made in that time
I'll be getting paid shortly before
it's my day off work
and I'll be in manchester, and there's a restaurant I want to eat at

if those 8 words led you to believe that on that date I'm throwing in the towel and dedicating myself to becoming a fat fuck again, then I apologise for misleading you

>tfw no scales at home only at the gym
Makes any weight gain a nasty surprise. Thankfully I haven't gained anything more than food/water weight since going to the gym. Every time I go there with an empty stomach my numbers are consistently down.

why don't you make your own pizza? Much healthier and you can fill it with protein

I'm lazy
I don't care for cooking
Others can cook better than me
I might fuck it up
I don't mind spending the money
They're professionals
The service is designed for this very purpose
take your pick

I know no matter what I do, it can always be done better, so I pick what I'm happy with
nothing will ever please everyone, and the standards of people on this board are insanely high

Why shouldn't they be?

You might lower your standard to live an easy life but once you start living an actual life you'll swiftly realize people don't care a dime about you. And you'll weasle away because you can't cope

thought I was in /fat/ for a second

is this a pity party?

If you want to throw pity that's up to you
I'm just trying to lose weight

/fat/ is for people who want to make a change

you will swiftly be told you will never make it if you display an attitude that tells people you're fine with things as they are

sorry pal

can you read? I was making a statement about the standards of the people on this board

hey, there'll be people who don't have a slice of pizza in 3 weeks time
they're better than me
and there'll be people who have a slice of pizza in 2 weeks time
I'm better than them

I'm fine with that
'making it' isn't objective

misinterpretation would be a better word
pretend I can't read subtext into your 5 word posts
autism is rampant here (no that's not a shot at you)
tell me exactly what you mean, like you're explaining it to a 5 year old

>'making it' isn't objectiv
According to a little something called BMI it is.

oh, well in that regard I've already 'made it'
guess what, I'm still not happy

BMI doesn't mean shit if you have any muscle.

well good thing I have no muscle huh

That would be worse, don't feed that shit to animals - it's cruel.

You need to get over the idea of things not going to waste. It became wasteful when you bought it as it's waste if you throw it away but also waste if you shove those excess calories down your throat.

i mean... probably not but godspeed to ya.

kek

If that restaurant isn't Solita's then there's something wrong with you

Am I the only one whose autism gets triggered by shit like "one a day is like 10000 kcal in a year, or 3 pounds of fat gain"? Your TDEE increases as you gain weight, so the number of pounds will be inaccurate when you consider longer periods, like a year. They could just look up how much weight you'd have to gain for your body to be in equilibrium again, and say that you will asymptotically approach that weight, but that would be too much math for the viewer.

*sweating intensifies*

dodged a bullet there lads

She's your fiancée, and not fiancé, you're not a gay man.

>tfw im getting used to eating nothing and the weight is just falling off

fat fucks

>accounting for kcals burnt in exercise while on a cut
lad

>Papa Tempts

shoo Shoo gains Goblin.

w-why is that a bad thing

not him but the only way I reach my calorie goal for the day is with exercise, are you saying it doesn't count somehow? doesn't make sense to me

Thank you.

They probably said that because most apps etc are way off with their estimates on calories burned during exercise.
They usually overestimate by a lot. So it's safer to not eat back your exercise calories

Not him, but only if you are using a device that actively tells you how many extra calories you are burning is accurate enough to count for this stuff. Otherwise you at the mercy of shitty algorithms that can very easily overestimate your calories loss which can result in your actual deficit being far smaller than desired.

>Diet and exercise for 7 weeks now
>19lbs down
>Feel more energized
>Motivation stronger than ever

I think I'm gonna make it guys!