HIGH BAR VS LOW BAR

HIGH BAR VS LOW BAR

now the dust has settled, which one is better?

Which ever one you'll do consistently and make gains.

Personally, low bar just feels natural to me. I like that it engages more muscle mass, so I get more bang for the buck.

high bar is reddit

>tfw low bar feels too awkward
>tfw still working on wrist mobility for front squats
High bar default race. Maybe I should try an SSB

Ive done both. I swaut more weight with low bar but feel everything more with high bar.

It doesn't Fucking matter

>me on the right
I remember being a dyel high school football player and everyone wanted me to squat and curl exclusively. I tried squats for the first time and placed the bar on the first virtebrae above my traps and felt a terrible pain in my neck for weeks. I tried again after 3 years with correct form and it just feels better atg the low bar way.

Ur mums arse

>argues about which is better instead of shut up and squat

I used to do high bar exclusively then when I went to my colleges powerlifting team they tried squats with me then it went something like

>wait what the fuck high bar no fuck you you're using low bar now

Now when I go high bar I feel like the bar is going to rip my shoulders out.

I prefer high bar because I find it easier to do.
I also have long femurs and a short torso so low bar make my back angle nearly parallel with the floor.
Going to be switching out high bar for exclusively front squats soon though

at least post a pic of someone doing low bar correctly

Decided to actually read SS. Rip says lowbar because more muscles are engaged and plenty of other reasons to go lowbar instead of highbar

Lowbar is autistic and is basically a good morning

EMG studies show that the difference between high bar and low bar is really small.
Sure you get more hamstring activation during low bar, but you really shouldn't be using squats to train your hamstrings

Depends mostly on your proportions
I find that low bar is the only way I can meaningfully squat at all, and even my non-lanklet friends have squatted better low bar than they were high bar after I showed it to them.

started high bar, switched to lowbar, and now switching back to highbar

doesnt matter, both feel fine, highbar feels a little better because my torso is long and i can be fully straight almost with my squat. just switching rn because eventually your body gets tired and change is good for you

High bar cause I want to get into oly lifting and I like keeping my torso straighter. Idk really, other than the oly lifting it just feels better

High-bar squats are the fast train to patella tendinitis city.

not really, it just shifts some of the muscle engagement from quads to the posterior. squat should be mostly a quad exercise, no point to turn it to a good morning variation just to lift up to 10% more weight if you don't compete. that said, I squat lowbar, because I have balance problems with highbar at higher weights and the bar ends up over my toes, instead of the mid-foot

bullshit

Whatever lets you lift more weight senpai bam

Those lines are fucking retarded. The weight is over midfoot no matter what style you do

The lines are right since the guy in the pic is doing it wrong.

I'm doing 95kg high bar atg squats atm. How decent is this 80kg bodyweight? I mean even the average gym goer is pretty lazy and I very rarely see over 2 plates in commercial gyms. I know I'm not strong. That's not what I'm getting at.

1.5 x bodyweight (for reps) is where I start to be slightly impressed.
In your case that's 120kg, so I'm sorry user but I'm not impressed yet.

Are you doing anything to make up for the lower amount of hamstring/glute work you apparently get from doing front instead of back squats?

>mfw when 1.5 BW is 150 kgs for me
>barely closing in on lmao2pl8 after almost a year of training
>6'6 with long-ass femurs
FFS if I didnt have a shitty back that gets hurt every 2 months I could have reached 1/2/3/4 by now REEEEEEEEEEEE

yeah but at least I'm not dyel? Like the bane cosplaying guy

As a matter of fact I got patellar tendonitis by doing low bar. My quads were weak in comparison, because I did deadlifts but not squats for a year, and the exercise ended up with me being extremely hamstring dominant and requiring months of physiotherapy.

That's literally what the average gym goer benches. Get your shit together and figure out a proper routine.