Is Greasing the Groove a meme...

Is Greasing the Groove a meme? I just started including a set of light curls every morning and evening and my biceps have been popping much more than usual, but is this just because of pump? Or is this a good method of training?

Other urls found in this thread:

westside-barbell.com/blogs/2011-articles/general-physical-preparedness
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mike Patton did 50 pull ups a day for 3 years straight. He can now do those 50 reps all in one set. Does that sound like a meme to you?

How does that compare with other methods of training though. It's all very well saying "X causes Y" but what if "Z causes Y much more effectively"

Why don't you try one and tell us in 3 years?

Do you think any other training method gets someone with that much mass doing 50 consecutive pullups while natty??

>natty

it's very good for bodyweight shit, especially for quickly getting good at an exercise that you haven't done much before

He is natty! It's been proven!

Honestly the best way to get good at pretty much anything in life is to do a lot, every day, as much as possible. What's amusing is the kind of training that interests most of Veeky Forums (getting very strong and lifting heavy shit) is not something that comes naturally to the human body. Early humans had to walk a lot, throw spears a lot, climb trees a lot, we evolved to get really good at physical tasks by just doing them every day. Very few early humans ever said "You know what, I want to get really good at having larger quads than everyone else by lifting the heaviest rock possible, exactly 5 times, twice a week, and then not doing anything else on the in between days".

It worked for me with pull-ups.

How do I do this while not fucking up recovery time?

The point is you never go to failure. You maybe do one set, a few times a day, with a managable weight.

It's good to make muscles pop, as you say, same idea with feeder workouts, if you stimulate muscles more, they will grow more. It's obviously not good for strength training, which requires progressive overload, which is not possible to do every day.

greasing the groove is for strength, period.

>It's obviously not good for strength training, which requires progressive overload, which is not possible to do every day.
delet this

>How do I do this while not fucking up recovery time?

Y'all need to read this: westside-barbell.com/blogs/2011-articles/general-physical-preparedness

I do 2 sets of 30 pushups everyday, and I do planks every other day. Do it all in the morning after meditating. I've definitely noticed a strong increase in all of my lifts, and I'm pretty squarely in the intermediate category.

I'm CIA

big guy?

It's your body, so experiment.

50 pullups every day over the course of the day is very different to doing them all at once every 3 days and making a workout out of it. I 'greased the groove' for pullups without knowing what it was and I feel it helped everything from bench to bentover rows to deadlifts. I think abs might be another muscle group this trick works for so I will try it too.

I just read that, it's an incoherent rambling mess, what exactly are they trying to say?

tl;dr, active recovery is great and also being in better general shape allows you to perform better in your chosen sport (in this case powerlifting)

You're a fool. Think about rowing, building, wrestling, farming etc

Strength has always been important. Just because it's not lifting barbells for reps doesn't mean it's not strength

>rowing
>strength
oh yeah bro let me know how well your 3x5 ss routine does for rowing, try not to have a heart attack after 20 yards

you can only gtg one thing safely, and you have to take out shit from your routine to do it

did it with pullups and it worked for me. don't do it with heavy shit obviously

Wow!! Did he really do that?

Greasing the grove have nothing to do with muscle gain. Its about neurological gains. Making your body mroe efficient at the movement.

>Making your body mroe efficient at the movement.
This also helps work capacity because it is less taxing to do the movement so you can do more at a time.
Personally I've found it helps to take a couple days off completely every now and them to rest though, especially after doing very heavy sets.