How has lifting changed you Veeky Forums? Besides the obvious physical, what else have you noticed? For me...

How has lifting changed you Veeky Forums? Besides the obvious physical, what else have you noticed? For me, the more/harder I workout, the hornier I get and more I want to wear less clothing during/immediately following a workout.

I can no longer feel pain.

Every time I talk to anyone, or anywhere I go, people would 99% of the time mention my gains and talk about gym stuff rather than talking about themselves and what interests me more (I don't mind gym talk but not everyday) so I wear hoodies in malls and stuff to prevent people from starting that convo. I'm not even that big but muscles are becoming trendy now a days.. Made me into a hoodie junkie

same as OP

So wait question, what's the reaction from other girls like? Obviously it's gonna be varied but what do you usually get? Jealousy? Backhanded comments? As a guy who's Veeky Forums I get a lot of the "wow user you overcompensation?" type of comments and I reckon it'd be similar

Still lonely
Still unhappy
Still got chronic back pain
Still invisible to women

Just fucking lol at falling for the Veeky Forums meme

As someone that hasn't had that much attention from women until i hit 20 a couple of weeks ago, i'd say it has definitely helped out.

I'm not the most talkative person, nice jawline and eyes i would say, but that doesnt really matter if you arent the most social.

Getting more confident and stronger both through life experience and working out has really helped me out.

Example:

>Me and my buddy go to some holiday resort
>Go rafting there with a friend
>Get filled in with another group of 6 ppl
>all chicks from about 18 years old
>Start undressing to put on the wetsuit
>As soon as I take of my shirt I'm catching mires from some of them
>BoatWillBeWetBeforeItsInTheWater.jpg
>One of them stands out, really good looking.
>After we are done with rafting we say goodbye and shit
>See her later at the local bar
>Make out and bang her in her tent.

FeelsGoodMan

If you're a woman, you don't really get jelly haters and backhanded comment and stuff, because being a noticeably muscular women, having my body aren't really people's desired looks. I had one or two rude ones but that's really it, 99% of the time it's basic fitness related topics.

Realized that my problems with socializing / talking to women don't come from looking like shit. Rather, they come from me being schizoid, unable to form any actual connections with anyone, generally not caring about anyone or seeing them as real people, etc. It's like I like the idea of having friends in theory but in practice having friends is boring and they piss me off. Also:
>people no longer start conversations with me, since fit body in a sea of dyels + resting serial killer face makes me unapproachable. The only exception is jock-type guys, who now treat me as a friend even if I don't know them
>voice became deeper, not sure if that's from confidence or from taking roids
>introverted good girls no longer see me as a real relationship prospect, they think I'm probably just interested pump-and-dump
>people apologize to me for nothing. Yesterday I walked past a scrawny manlet in the corridor and he said sorry for walking past me
>started picking up more on cues girls and gay guys give when they're interested in you, since it started happening way more often
>some people assume I'm stupid

Why lift when it's all about being cute and petite in a sundress.

>>people apologize to me for nothing. Yesterday I walked past a scrawny manlet in the corridor and he said sorry for walking past me

Yes. I'm not even muscular, but 6'3 with a decently large frame, but people are weirdly apologetic to me. I was sitting on the train with the seats like pick related, a school kid, maybe 14, started moving the seat across so he could sit down, but looked at me, stopped, and mumbled "sorry". I felt pretty bad because I know how it feels to be a awkward teenage autist. I wonder if there's a way to give off a friendly vibe when you have a resting bitch face.

Congrats user, you made it

Because I've already had plenty of fun with being cute and petite in a sun dress but the god of gains told me to start lifting for myself and I like it a lot.

Dunno if this is a mix from browsing /pol/ and lifting but

>more confident
>gaymes bore me now
>more well read
>going out, clubbing that sort of thing bores me
>more conscious about what I eat and how I spend my time
>fall asleep earlier and wake up early aswell
>only watch 1 or 2 tvshows now

I'm still a lonely introvert but I feel much better about myself. Now I'm looking for productive ways to spend my time and to find myself. I'm open to suggestions.

This, I am in Canuck land so it's even worse. I always tell them "don't b sorry" after

do some farmers walks for the back pain. Go light in the beginning

I have the same problem. It's confusing as a kid, when women go from looking at you as a cute young guy to some thug looking to mug them. I guess it happened to me at around 17, when the fucking neaderthal gene was triggered inside me.

Even at parties, the first few words a girl will say to me is "gee you look mean haha" or something like that. It usually takes a few of my other friends to convince new people that I'm actually a really chill guy.

It doesn't help that I shave my head, but I do that because I have the ugliest shade of red hair that simply hasn't suited my caveman face structure since late puberty.

Feels bad man. Idk if you can relate on that level but still.

shaving your head explains at least half of the problem. bald young fit guys always comes across to me as criminals and scum in general at least that's how it is in my country

Nah.

Train guy from above: I also started shaving my head because lol bald, and you're right, it definitely doesn't help my image. I've spent a lot of time trying to lighten the tone of my voice and smile a bit more, but geez, this is a curse as much as it is a blessing.

I thought the whole "people want to fight me more" thing was just a meme. I work nights and lift during dead hours of the day. As such I scarcely go out during the day. I had the past week off though and jesus h christ I had weaker more incel type guys trying to pick fights with me. I used to have an anger issue so I do my best to keep it in check, but it's pathetic knowing if I flash a tiny bit of aggression they back down. I just want to be left alone :/

Gf thinks I look great though and thinks I'm more commanding/assertive even if i'm still the same guy. Not complaining.

Lean a skill like cooking (or if you know how to cook already, learn to cook more advanced things) or take up a useful hobby like car repair. Hell even something as creative like painting is good. I can't tell you what to do but try out something that sounds interesting and run with it.

I don't get a lot of the reactions people here do with people finding them intimidating or anything, because my resting face is a smile/smirk, and I have "kind eyes" according every girl I've ever dated. I'm basically super approachable. I was raised in the south but I have no accent, so one time at a party this russian chick who was dating a friend tells me
>when you are resting, you face is smile
>this is how I know you are from south
I've given up on being intimidating and now I just want to be the huge friendly bear of a man.

>when you are resting your face is smile
>that's how I know you're from the south
That's cute as hell
>tfw from Tennessee but purposely look pissed walking in public so people don't talk to me

>other 20 year olds are out there living their fucking life while I'm still struggling through uni with nogf
feelsbadman

Reminds me of a Japanese girl I dated who had a sometimes tenuous grasp of the English language
>You make my heart happy with love :3
She was rarely if ever saying anything emotional so when she said shit like that it made me melt instantly

Yeah, I come from a country with a pretty big skinhead scene, which makes it a whole lot worse. I get so much shit from police, I'll be stopped and searched for a knives (no gunz country) like once a week. I'll always be polite tho, if only to fight the stereotype I somehow managed to pick up.

No, the girl I got has changed me

I dont know if I "Made it", I feel like i need to better myself just a bit more before i do that.

That one week was great, but now my life is back to the boring shit again.

- Increased libido
- Increased attention from girls
- Increased confidence
- Better sleep
- Eating more

Basically your life improves.
But you dont need weights for that. Even daily pushups and situps can get you feeling better.

Before I was pretty strong academically, but now I feel like I can't be bothered with this inane shit that has no real-life value. Lifting is hurting my career.

As furfaggy as it sounds, I want to get stronger, bigger. I want to grow and be a bull or a horse or something. It feels like each time I lift I'm more animal than man.

Arent you dyel mode tho?

I met a combat medic who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, really cool girl. We started going to the gym a year ago and 5 months now, she knows alot about muscles and fitness and to some degree she's helped me be more assertive, confident in myself and to drop some bullshit like keeping my thoughts and words to myself, now i usually fire and forget and speak my mind more confidently

Im not an asshole due to my gains but I've become a bit of a narcissist because i look good.

Sex drive has become weaker yet also stronger.
I have a much weaker urge to masturbate (used to do it daily) but now only feel like it about once a week, and yet I also have a stronger urge to fuck than when I was a chubby DYEL.

It hasn't helped me get a job, so existentially lifting doesn't currently change anything.

I do feel a bit better about myself, starting to jog again and haven't been sidelined by shin splints, being more in control of my diet and losing weight, being able to do pull-ups for once in my life.

But my confidence is already dead on the inside. Girls barely approached me when I was young and had a good face, and at best they were super coy about it.

Getting fit is the one thing in life that I feel like I have any control over, and can feel remotely competent about.

That's probably normal.

A lot of the habit of masturbation comes from idleness. If you aren't idle, you don't really get in the mood to jerk it half as much as you used to.

Besides, Jerking off only once or twice a week, or even less, makes it more pleasurable. Well, for me at least.
>Physical tension
>Have to actually work for your orgasm
>Enough backed up semen to have a respectable ejaculation.

My gym is in this building that has a pizza place, coffee shop, taco place, and bbq place, and a bar up top.

Every time I leave the gym on Friday there are always chicks in the middle area that connects all these restaurants saying things like, "Hehehe, I wish I was as dedicated to go to the gym before going out on Friday. Yeah Lauren you could probably pick up somebody like that if you did hehehehe."

I just smile and walk by because women are gains goblins. And I'm autistic.

Started getting girls looking. Started getting girls to actively flirt in front of my wife. Was great because now she stepped her game up and is starting to lift and try to look better.

I went from generic "muh constitution" conservative to a reactionary monarchist who rejects the enlightenment and post modernism who faps only to white girls in fields and/or with babies on their lap.

forgot pic.

Fapping is degenerate you airwolfing savage

true but its more of a fantasy coping mechanism as my white waifu doesnt exist.

>Not jerking off to this

Or this

Or this

Or this, mesegeny is the future

jesus fucking christ

american horseshit

10/10
Regressive brainlet, would reply again.
>Reactionary Monarchist
Why are you still in America? You're attracted to authoritarian politicians and the possibility of them becoming monarchs? I'd make jokes that you should leave, but almost every non-libertarian far right American is secretly the same as you, but they're too dumb to realize it.

Crybaby needs his big governement to take care of him

I can get away with being an asshole a lot more often. Guys will just keep quiet and girls will laugh it off.

I can get into girls' personal space and they will not move away.

More respect from guys, girls miring and touching my chest and shoulders.

I no longer second-guess having to do chores or errands. I will walk places I used to take the bus for and it won't bother me like it used to. Everything feels like exercise now.

I can ignore hunger now. It baffles me looking back and remembering how being hungry used to be some terrible, scary thing, now I go 16 hours without eating every day.

I enjoy lifting and exercising. I remember when it felt like a chore instead of a fun activity.

who is she?

Pretending you don't is the greatest of lies. I hear all the countries with no government are in great shape

nice.

Valeria

I just don't have it in me to look pissed except when I'm competing. My friends came to watch me run a 5k once and said they were terrified of me because they had never seen me look angry before

Learn to smile breh. Find the smile that does not make u look like a drooling autist and normalize your face to it. Thats probably been the single biggest difference maker in how you look.

It keeps my thoughts of suicide down

Intolerance towards people's food-based retardation.
Plus weirdly it's massively improved my time management. I've even got a kid now but the better my work-outs get, the more like clockwork my life seems to run.

you guys are really cringey when you talk about how cool you are because you lift weights

WHat the fuck are you doing in a fitness board then you autist

this s EXACTLY what guys have to do to get their wife to step their game up

Wear a suit to the store, leather loafers to the movies, never wear sandles

In this thread: What growing up feels like

>>started picking up more on cues girls and gay guys give when they're interested in you, since it started happening way more often
examples?

Thanks. I haven't even changed that much honestly but when our waitress was openly flirting when we were on vacation I think she took it as o fuck. She has been pretty lazy last couple years and gained some weight as well.

Was the best. Still the best.

that hit too close to home