"Most human males cannot make progress on a strength program with a diet of under 4000 calories a day"

"Most human males cannot make progress on a strength program with a diet of under 4000 calories a day"

Does Rippletits honestly believe this?

Can't speak to Rippletits but my tdee is around 3300, so I aim for 4000. It's not hard for me but I can see some skellys struggle with it.

Thanks for the milk, mark

Most of the people he trains are high school boys, many in some kind of athletics. His information is fucked because he deals with people who are untrained and frequently at the prime position of their life to make results. For much of anything beyond an intermediate level of training, Rippetoe is irrelevant

Kill me, Pete

I'd like to see someone run the Texas Method on maintenance calories.

There is literally no reason to eat more food until you actual stop being able to put up more weight each session. Rippletits would have you eat 5000 cals a day when you are only squatting like 1 plate

Thanks for the milk mark

he's pretty fucking spot on, I have never made progress unless I was eating at least that much

THANKS FOR THE MILK, MARK

I made it to intermediate numbers on way less than that

you're probably a lot smaller than i am

Based on what criteria?

lmao you can make progress during a cut, so he is dead wrong

Nigga I still make strength gains while eating at maintanance. Been lifting for 2.5 years too.

Noobs can. You can't lift respectable weights on the Texas Method and make progress on a cut.

This. Unless you are in 7th grade trying to get giggasized for football season, that 400kcal shit is going to make you a fatass.

maybe, but the quote is still misleading. Most human males are noobs. If you need to eat 4000 calories to get gains, you already know that

My bulking calories is at exactly 4000 so yeah.

Thanks for the milk, Mark.

I*m gonna drink a liter now because I need to empty my fridge.

I ran Texas method on a cut I felt like bubba was raping my anus daily worst 3 months in my lifting career.
>fit faggots with estating finish ss with max 2.5-3 plates for 1rm
>rip gym goers finish at 3-4 plates.
>Does rippletits honestly believe this?
Really activates my almond

I'm so sick of seeing this stupid fuck on Veeky Forums. SS is a bullshit program and no one should follow it. You can literally walk into the gym and do random shit for 3 months and see the same amount of gains as SS. I ran it and it fucking sucks. PPL and wendlers is the only way to go.

I'm just guessing and don't know for sure but Rippetoe may have written this several decades ago when having a manual labor job was more common in the USA and your average man's caloric needs were much higher.

If you're a 1970's warehouse worker and you weight train after stacking boxes all day you may need to consume well over 4000 calories a day to build some muscle.

>wendlers

Yeah, tell beginners to make the slowest possible progress. If anything, SS keeps newbs from wasting time when they can add weight to the bar every session.

That actually makes a surprising amount of sense. I know SL is based off of SS and only requires 3000 kCal per day, which is a lot but not much more than standard bulking.

Try GVT on sub 4k kcal. Even on tren its basically impossible, you get so hypo after your workouts you just about faint.

you felt like shit because you didn't do cardio

texas method is laughably low on volume, if you felt like shit then your work capacity is literally lower than a soccer mom

TM is low on volume, but the volume is distributed in a really stupid way

doing 5x5 squats with 90% 5RM while aggressively pushing progression is never going to be easy no matter how good your cardio is

I've run Sheiko 4 day, I've run all types of high volume shit, but TM 5x5 squats were by far the hardest and most miserable thing I have ever done lifting weights

smolov week 9-13 says hi

I don't think this is written for 30 year old desk jockey. I'd say it's best suited for younger people who make physical activity a large part of their week. More than just lifting. I work light manual labor + lifting weights and 4k may still be a lil high but fairly close

i don't do stupid peaking programs written by a coach who never even existed

Genetics.

for me too, even when i was skeleton mode, i had to start with 3500 cal diet (though all calculators said 2700 would be enough)

otherwise I didn't gain weight at all

I did.
It's fucked. Come prepared with a good technique to bail on the squat to prevent injury

lol

Oh wait. Cutting I mean

I do powerlifting routines while on a cut. Why would you train for hypertrophy when you cannot grow cause you're in a deficit

I upped the reps to 10 for volume days to avoid this, i can recover pretty well since im young and at a surplus though

m8 I GUARANTEE you that if you're not at least 25, eating at a surplus, and a male with reasonable testosterone, that you won't be able to complete the TM for a reasonable amount of time

>trying to improve any aspect of athleticism while in a caloric deficit
fucking hell m8s, best you can hope for is an improved sinclair or wilks score, but that really only happens if you're a noob.

Caloric surplus and high mineral diets are so crucial to gains. You can make the progress and chill out afterwards. During bulking i can eat 200-300g protein 4-5k cal a day and when i hit my goals i can eat 50g protein 1500 cal a day and keep the strength/athleticism.

But ive never been able to recomp.

300g of protein. What the actual fuck.

200 Pounds x 1.5 Grams per pound of body weight = 300

Or Old School

2g Protein to 1lb of body weight, you would need 300g if you weigh 150lbs

Sounds like you don't eat enough protein user

Depends

Is the person a NEET who only lifts 3-4 times a week and thats all they do?

Or is the person a high school athlete who does tons of athletics all week long + lifts 5 times a week

4000 cals a day ain't much if you are active

Definitely true if you're not a manlet

That's just a retarded amount. 1g per lb of bodyweight is more than enough.

Calories beyond that should come from carbs and fats, with more carbs than fats.

Thanks for the milk, Mark.

I'm a 5'9 manlet and need ~3500 cal a day to gain 1lb a week. I don't envy lanklets when it comes to bulking.

thanks for the milk, mark