"fat makes you fat"

Was anyone else raised on 0 fat shit? I literally never had butter growing up, ever. Always margarine or olive oil (the shitty kid we have in Canada) or worse vegetable oil. Always had skim milk. Everyone was constantly hungry and eating sugary shit, me included. I was obese (BMI 30) by 19. Now I'm 25 and losing weight on keto. Down 10 kg.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15297079
cspinet.org/eating-healthy/foods-avoid/big-fat-myths
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>keto

You got fat because you had a caloric surplus.

Low fat foods just taste less good than full fat foods, which is why your family probably craved sugary goodies.

Whenever I get sugar cravings I drink diet Pepsi and it gets rid of my cravings.

>inb4 "diet sodas" make you fat.
They don't. Fat people rationalize their binge eating by saying to themselves "now I consume less calories because I switched to diet Pepsi, so it's OK if I eat that cake" without counting calories.

>which is why your family probably craved sugary goodies.

That's all I'm saying. No magic here.

If you can go on a "keto diet", then you can also go on a "eat whatever the fuck you want diet", as caloric deficit is the reason you are losing weight in the first place.

Keto is for people who need to follow some kind of belief to be able to lose weight. "carbs make you fat" hurr durr. No you dipshits, it's counting calories and a caloric deficit is what's making you lose weight.

>repeats 50-year-old advice

So genius, why didn't your advice solve the obesity epidemic decades ago?

Two words: body acceptance (of women).

Another thing is, fat people don't WANT to lose weight. It takes willpower and dedication to stick to Any diet. Most fat fucks rather stay fat.

I'm a smoker, I could technically quit smoking by tracking my daily smoking and reduce it by 1/4 of a cigarette every x days and quit smoking without much trouble, but do I have the motivation and do I really want to stop smoking?

Nope.

Went is vegetable oil bad?

It's made with soybeans which means that it has phytoestrogens in it. Not a ton of research, but a lot of people say it fucks with your endocrine system. Canola is made from rapeseed oil (I think) and is a better alternative. Olive oil is the best oil, although supposedly coconut oil is better now that some research is showing that saturated fat isn't as bad for you as we thought.

Also parents who refuse to accept that their kid is fat unless they blow up like a blimp. I was borderline overweight my entire life until I started working out and dieting a year ago, mainly because my parents kept telling me "no, no, you don't need to lose any weight, you're fine!" even as I was breaking 180 while 5'10"

It's incredible, it's been months since I last drank any sugary drink and even just reading this I can practically taste the sugar in a fucking Cola. It's true what they say, the stuff is fucking addictive.

>"fat makes you fat"
Oh for fuck's sake..

This 'meme' was a meme before there were even memes, and the MEDIA is to blame. Some dumb faggot at some newspaper in the 1980's took a study that was done that more or less said "people eat too much fat and it's causing weight gain" and dumb newspaper faggot blew it up into "OMFG EATING FAT MAKES YOU FAT EVERYBODY PANIC!!!11!!" and it went viral (before there was such a thing as 'going viral') and for fucking DECADES people believed that 'fat makes you fat'.

Of course this is BULLSHIT.

READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!

READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!

READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!

READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!

READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!

I had parents who fell for the low fat meme too. I'm tge one one who forced them to switch to butter from margarine and vegetable oil

>2017
>Still believing the CICO meme
>Not understanding the role of insulin resistance

>2017
>Not understanding that pesticide (Roundup; glyphosate, specifically) residue in almost everything we eat is fucking up our bodies at the cellular level

Olive oil and margarine are both fats

>implying you can't lose weight
Fuck off, anyone can lose weight with an adequate deficit.

Go on a 2000 kcal deficit and tell me again how much insulin resistance matters for weight loss.

CICO will always be valid, you can't beat thermodynamics. Let me guess, you also believe in perpetual motion energy generators?

>insulin resistance
You're just making excuses.

>No you dipshits, it's counting calories and a caloric deficit is what's making you lose weight.
Restisting metabolic rate is the big x-factor here in your algebra problem. You look at it like simple addition and subtraction. Eating less will slow your metabolism.

>resting metabolic rate

>Go on a 2000 kcal deficit and tell me again how much insulin resistance matters for weight loss.
Insulin would drop, which hormonally would signal your body to begin burning fat. Insulin resistence is a problem of signaling your body to feed its cells after consuming something. Resistence to a sustained high level of insulin will cause this signalling to fail and your body to go unnourished despite eating. (Ketoacidosis) That is why diabetics need insulin shots, they have to signal to their body when they feed it because its "tolerance" (just like a drug) to insulin is so high their pancrease cannot produce enough of it to trigger their body to nourish itself with the ingested food.

The issue isn't "sugar" or "fat", it's your macro balance.

You have three nutrients: carbs, fats, and protein.

When people hear something like "too much fat is bad for you", they look to cut fat out of their diet. But they fuck up. Protein is expensive, so generally when people cut fat it leads to them eating more carbs. Similarly when people cut carbs it leads to them eating more fat.

It's not that one thing will make you fat when another won't. If you eat too much of one thing, you gain weight. The key is balance.

Even with a slow metabolism you will lose weight with an adequate deficit. Try again.

Besides...

>what are cheat days?

You can cut out 2000 calories a day, which is largely unsustainable and can lead to a lot of negative health side effects, or you can learn to eat for your own body type/processes/disorders and be a healthy hero. And cheat days shouldn't exist in a complete lifestyle change, but they sure could exist for merely cutting way back on calories.

Then give me an example where you're eating at an adequate caloric deficit and are unable to lose weight due to insulin resistance because of carbs.

Protip: you can't.

Insulin resistance is a non-issue when using CICO. Not losing weight? Reduce daily kcal every week by 250-500 until you are losing weight.

CICO never was, and never will be a meme. It's the gold standard, and will always be.

>You can cut out 2000 calories a day, which is largely unsustainable
No shit, that was an exaggerated example to make a point that EVERYONE can lose weight. You can also lose weight with 100 kcal deficit if your tracking is dead on point.

>Even with a slow metabolism you will lose weight with an adequate deficit

In the short term, sure... but that deficit will slow your REE (resting energy expenditure, or metabolism) and you'll get fat easier afterwards. This is why all those "biggest loser" fucks all get fat again after the show is over.

Way to ignore the rest of my post you fucking fatass.

>Reduce daily kcal every week by 250-500 until you are losing weight.
Short term solutions don't fix long term metabolic problems. I'm not saying CICO doesn't work, I'm telling that you are vastly oversimplifying to the point that the advice is shit.

I was raised on very minimal fat, we ate a shitload of carbs like pasta, rice, beans, any types of fruit and all of my family is slim.

You are correct, im only talking about losing weight.

About the metabolic problems...

How do you explain that saturated fat, which a typical keto diet is extremely high in, causes a significant increase in insulin resistance?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15297079

>doesn't realize a caloric deficit increases insulin sensitivity more than any change in macros could

>This is why all those "biggest loser" fucks all get fat again after the show is over.
I actually looked at the study published about this and actually compared the numbers. The individuals had TDEE's of over 3500 before the TV show and still around 3000 after their metabolism "slowed down". These are numbers people on this board bulk on. Can't really say that's a slow metabolism, especially when looking at their lean mass.

A caloric surplus seems to increase metabolism, a deficit seems to decreases it BUT the decrease is not as severe as you might think and besides that we only have data on this when it comes to obese people who dieted down to overweight levels and couldn't adhere to their diet and still had a TDEE about 30-80% higher than people of normal weight. We also only have a single study that used sound techniques to measure these parameters but on a small number of test subjects and no control. This is by no means grounds for scientific fact.

Self control is at an all time low

Suck cocks faggot

>Go on a 2000 kcal deficit and tell me again how much insulin resistance matters for weight loss.

Dude, most normal people have a TDEE lower than this. They'd have to go on a fast eating only ice, negative calories.

explain

Well there you go nutritionists and dietricians. This random Veeky Forums user just blew the fuck out of your entire field of study. Calories in, calories out! Who knew it was that simple!?

Consume 1200 calories of donuts and pepsi every day for a month, then eat 1200 calories of clean, low carb, high fat, high protein foods and water and see which makes you lose weight faster and makes you feel better.

"Fat is bad for you" was pushed by the sugar industry to blind people to the real issue of people eating more calories than ever, due to drinking them in sodas and other beverages.

Reminder that if your low carb diet require caffeine in any way or form it's not good at all .

No diet should require coffee for you to have energy

fat cunt

>Was anyone else raised on 0 fat shit? I literally never had butter growing up, ever. Always margarine or olive oil

Margarine and olive oil are fat

>supposedly coconut oil is better now that some research is showing that saturated fat isn't as bad for you as we thought.

That's just marketing hogwash

cspinet.org/eating-healthy/foods-avoid/big-fat-myths

>anyone else raised on 0 fat
>proceeds to list two sources of fat he regularly consumed
What did he mean by this?

Three sources even, possibly 4

>we didn't have any fat in our diets growing up
>just margarine, olive oil, and vegetable oil
>the rest was all sugary shit
>sugary shit meaning processed foods also made with copious amounts of oil

It's amazing how many people believe their SAD diet was a low-fat diet when almost every SAD food that isn't soda or certain kinds of candy are high in fat. Even chips are mostly fat by calorie.

>if only mom fed me butter instead

>eat whole milk, butter, dairy all life
>had condition in my very early days that stopped me from drinking milk be it mothers or cow
>raised on goat milk then
>24 years later
>187cm tall, healthy as fuck, no acne, not fat

i take wild guess and say that natural shit that was eaten by our ancestors through many decades is much more healthy than everything that comes from soy and other garbage that jews are trying to push onto us

if you are intolerant to lactose you are subhuman so do whatever you want tho

What makes people fat the most is usually abundance of sugar in diet be it from diet or drinking sugary drinks

fat doesnt matter if its in moderation and isnt heavily processed

Forgot pic

>per serving

its only more horrifying once you see macros per 100g

>eats 1000 calories per day of high sugar food at spaced out intervals
>Wonders why he is still insulin resistant
You are retarded, it doesn't matter how much you eat to an extent, it's what and when. If you eat high fat low carb with a moderate amount of protein, you'll have insulin around for maybe 20 minutes max. The same amount of calories in carbs and sugars will keep your levels raised for hours

You all need:
the art and science of low carbohydrate by Jeff Volek