Feeling really hostile towards training, wat do?

Former pro sport player here. Just retired this year, and have only trained once since then. Just have no motivation to do it. It's something I've done for the past 15 years and I think maybe I'm a bit burnt out or something. Anyone else gone through a slump? I've gone from a situation where I trained most days with my bros to a solitary trainer in a shitty commercial gym. Any advice boys?

take a break. go pamper yourself with massages and shit

Done that mate. Went on big holiday, ate and drank like fuck. Kind of need to find something that's a happy medium. Like, I still want to fit into my clothes and not become some enormous fat bastard which will be my fate if I don't do something. At the moment I'm just restricting my diet, but my cardio is dust at this point.

try and find some fun in the gym like 5/3/1 or some other program, also start back light. Don't push for maxes otherwise you'll burn yourself out for the next day or days. train smart \0/

try some dmt

I've been doing 5x5s, with 2 push/pull splits and some guns to finish. I don't need to squat 220kg anymore so I'm trying to find a happy medium really. They don't really give you guidance on this shit. Need to find a gym with a decent free weights section too, most gyms are shit at this.

Hmmm, is that the near death experience drug?

>tfw no drug testing ever again

lsd or mushrooms in smaller doses would prob help too actually, eerrr outside the gym. coffe or tea before the gym for motivation

This is something I'd forgotten about desu, definitely going to put a trip to Amsterdam on the cards.

I'm assuming this chart doesn't count brain chemistry as physical? Otherwise it's retarded

Actually it's retarded either way

>Romo
>Drafted in 2003
>OP says 15 years ago
Hey Tony, how you doing? Get your ass over to Baltimore, we need you. Then I'll train you.

don't do any deadlifts, squats, or rows for sometime. Your back is already fugged up.

If Romo, don't listen to people who want you to come back. You were a very good QB, no sense in injuring yourself further for people who wouldn't care. We loved watching you play, even me who hated the cowboys. My advice is to find a hobby you enjoy that requires you stay in shape. I myself enjoy skiing more than anything else and just want to do that when I have enough money. It doesn't have to be sports but just something you need to stay in shape for to keep doing.

Shayne Graham? Are you a ginger even if you don't have the freckles?

Thank you man. What are some staying in shape exercises that don't wear the body?

I'm definitely not coming back, but thanks anyway

start jiu-jitsu. your athleticism will mean you can advance quickly, it's really fun climbing up the learning curve. tremendous cardio workout, I burn like 1000 calories in 90 minutes of no-gi grappling.

the jiu-jitsu will then motivate you to get back in the weights gym to get an edge for a competition or to beat that one guy in your gym.

Wait are you really a famous guy? holy shit.
Perhaps bodyweight excercises would be your cup of tea. Or, re: gym training, stay under RPE 7 (so it all moves fast, not too taxing). Have a routine but make sure to fuck around when you want to. Whichever style you do need to like it though.

>believing anything on Veeky Forums that isn't timestamped and tripcoded
bad form

I know you're probably just a LARPing fag, but for less wear, I'd recommend cycling up and down hills for cardio, running kills knees over time, and cycling's fairly easy on your body since there's no hard repetitive contact. Also it's more interesting riding through stuff on roads than running since you can get going fast.

Honestly its a two step process my good man:

1). Take a pre-workout supplement
2). Jump in a bro routine just for the pump

This makes you want to train and have fun while training. Don't worry about losing strength or blah blah, this is just temporary for you to fall back in love eight training again. Then in a few weeks, stop taking the pre if you want or change up the routine

If Tony, post a fucking pic

>ways to stay in shape that don't wear
ice skating
I'm dead serious

If it really were romo, he wouldn't timestamp it here because he wouldn't want it known he browses. I'd do the same if I were ever famous. There's a pretty strong case for Taylor Swift being on here for those who want to go lookikg

I actually agree with this, although I roller blade because my GF likes to blade.

ok but believing anybody is ludicrous
Taylor Swift's cat name is the only thing that has tied any famous person to this site

Alright. Obviously I know a fair bit about physical training, but most of it is too stressful on my body (not to mention I am still in pain sometimes from injuries).

I know what a time stamp is, but what is a tripcode?

What is LARP? I will take that advice, thanks.

why the hell would he care if people know he browses Veeky Forums? Romo has a fuckton of money.

You got problems son, talk to a therapist

a tripcode is like
name !!string of characters
it's like a username for these kind of boards

Tripcode is like a username with a password, so people know that you're the same person in all your posts.

LARP is Live Action Role-Play, basically means that you're pretending to be someone famous.

I wouldn't want anybody know that I browse here (very) occasionally. It is a strange site and I would be viewed as a weirdo. I also have a new public based job

but Tony, you don't need that job
now stop LARPing you fuck

>public based job
>FOX sunday Analyst
Tony, I fucking love you

Thank you for the information. I am not LARP. I won't timestamp for previously stated reasons but how do I trip code?

just do an AmA on reddit, we'll answer your shit there

in the name section do:
name##password

Thank you

was it raining? What do you think went wrong here?

A former athlete publically asking for workout advise would be embarrassing, and would be eaten by the press
That's why I came here, it the largest anonymous fitness forum
Honestly I'm suprised that you guys are surprised that I'm here :)

sure you don't have to train for sport anymore but why would you want to become an unfit piece of shit? do it for the aesthetics, the mires, and the superiority you will have over the average human.. plus it's good for your phys and mental health.

forgot pic

The types of people that come to our board are 15 year old skinny kids, not Pro Bowl NFL quarterbacks

Don't use tripcodes mang, you'll get like dox'd just like supermong and scooby (and trappy, but trappy sucked) - all former tripfags (what we call anons who use tripcodes)

That play made parcells hate me :/
I just caught the ball a little awkwardly

man you didn't catch the ball awkwardly at all
quit it

Is that a trip code^

Is Aaron Rodgers gay?

Tony, tell us what you know about nutrition. Obviously the Cowboys would have gone over nutrition with their players

no that's just a name, anybody can copy that
what I have is a tripcode

>left Olivia Munn
>acts like a faggot on the sidelines
what do you think boyo?

No, he dated a model or actress for a whole (forget which)
what are the best non running cardio

to be fair Olivia Munn has gone downhill

I know what I think but I need to know

What this dude said. Then you just tweet the tripcode on your social media so everyone knows it is the real you. If you are actually Tony, I have mad respect man.

okay, thread's over, it's not Tony, Tony knows how to speak English.
Everybody go back to what they were doing.

Unironically wrestling. But for you I'd go with swimming or something like that

The strength and conditioning coaches would give us a packet each year that goes over nutrition, but i never used it or even bothered to read it. I just eat clean foods and lots of meat after training

I meant "while" instead of "whole"
I can speak English, thanks

don't strain yourself tony, don't want another injury do ya?

>what ARE the best non running cardio

no you can't mong

Wrestling is too stressful on my body, but thanks for replying. And yes I will look into swimming, but how do I go about that? Do I swim in circles or back and forth? How long?

OP here, thanks for the advice, I'm not Tony Romo btw, but I did play a contact sport similar to football. Some dude is pretending to be me in the comments, which is amusing.

op is fake and gay

I lol'd hard

Stop trying to derail my question

we already knew
I regret planting that idea into his head.

>RUGBY
hahahahahaha

I'm actually kind of interested myself, but I fucking hate swimming

Nice to meet a fellow rugby lover friendo

I appreciate your respect. I never really use my twitter, and it's pretty professionally ran, so I'm not linking this site on there. My question has been answered, so as a thanks I'm willing to answer any question you guys may have. And I will do an official Reddit AMA within a few weeks for any skeptics.

how big is Jason Witten's dick?

ur welcome real OP

I have no idea, but I imagine he's well endowed.

you shouldnt believe that anybody is Ludacris, but for the record I am

we already have household names like Boogie browsing. somebody on a lower tier like Romo should be no surprise

First time posting on /fit actually, been reading it for a while though. Some of the shit on here is pretty funny, especially FPH

>no idea
>team mates for years
y'all never showered after games?
right

ITS REAL
NOT A DRILL

HOLY SHIT

HAH MADE YOU LOOK

damn he posted another

How do you rank current QBs?

I never tweeted that
But even if you don't believe me, ask some questions, I'm happy to answer

My top 5 would go as
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Prescott
4. Brees
5. Wilson

Tony isn't here lads,sorry to say. Would love it if he was, always liked to watch the American handegg boys beat the fuck out of each other

I thank y'all for the knowledge. Peace out

You and the rest of the league will always be my bitch

You called?

OP here again. Thanks for the chat, passed a boring evening. I'll leave all these quarterbacks to suck each other off.

Hey man, whoever you are 15 years is a great career. Be proud of that and good luck finding something to keep you motivated for life after pro sports. Just know you got to live a life most of us only dream of anyway