/fat/ - 'Shingeki no Soma made me fat' anime edition

Previous thread
>Who is /fat/ for?
It's for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage.
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure.)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week.
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones.
myfitnesspal.com

Other urls found in this thread:

outsideonline.com/1903196/how-lose-weight-while-cycling
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caYcqS_Vakx7S86gyXSemoKWFzQi8fOpXA93RxTz_o8/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kudos to the user that recommended lentil pottage, i made the Israelite lentil pottage and that stuff tastes pretty amazing and filling. Made a giant pot of it for next week meals.

TFW got my degree in teaching and while I would enjoy doing it.

>Fat, not woman = Hard as shit time landing a position at a school that isn't super low economic population.

Really should have just went and got a comp sci or at least cisco/support certs instead.

I'd probably make more money but soon my savings run out and my college apartment lease is over December so I have to find some job by then.

/fat/ bros do not go into teaching unless you're ok with poverty.

Hardest side of things is most companies treat my Bachelors degree like it's trash since they think current education degrees are still super easy cake walks like they were in the 90s.

/fat/ side of things I had too much to eat today and still didn't break 2.5k calories. I'm ok with that.

>hand in my natty card and start taking creatine
>finally kicks in yesterday
>scale goes up 5kg

Is this bullshit /fat/?
outsideonline.com/1903196/how-lose-weight-while-cycling
Maybe I'm retarded but are they implying CICO is wrong?

Last day of vacation. I've enjoyed eating at TDEE. Hopefully this will help me break out of the stall I've been in.

We're looking for 12 people to fill up all the vacated slots in the contest. I now only need the following information to join and participate -

Name -
Height -
Starting Weight -
Current Weight -
Goal Weight -

From there I'll calculate your pounds to lose and then you're in for the 13th weigh-in on Friday and guaranteed a bracket in the August Weight-loss tournament.

what should i get for dinner? all i've eaten today is lean protein and it's making me want to kill myself

i still have 1400 calories to play with

>Water retention

Yeah, friend. Save it for after a cut.

>Creatine isn't natty

How does this excerptanything about CICO? It's claim is that this type of exercise is more effective in losing weight, not that CICO isn't important.

Pet here, did you get my weigh in on the last thread?

201.06lbs sorry about being late!

>My real name
>5'10"
>SW 225lbs @6/25
>CW 213lbs as of 7/24
>Goal Weight
190lbs? I should keep going anyway, but I just want to get under 200lb by September. I've been slacking, but I always stay within MFP's calorie goals.

>Burned less calories
>Lost more fat

Yep, somefatguy got it recorded for me and noted you were late.

But since I restructured the contest, everyone got a free pass this week, so no one is currently on watch. All good, mate.

Also just since I keep forgetting, the document can be found at -

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caYcqS_Vakx7S86gyXSemoKWFzQi8fOpXA93RxTz_o8/edit?usp=sharing

Added! 11 slots left.

That's just saying that sprinting and HIIT is better for burning fat than steady state cardio.

Home made jumbalaya.

>My real name
Shit I was being dumb. I can stick with that though.

Gabe
5"11
200? Planning to reevaluate then.

>burned less calories during their actual workouts

>keep burning fat after you've racked the bike

Burning fat is burning calories, it's just saying the nature of the workout means you keepburning after you've stopped actively working out. That isn't news, every workout does that to some degree, though this article is saying this exercise is particularly effective.

This isn't saying anything about CICO.

Okay thank you, that helps a bit.

Added. 10 slots left.

>start feeling good again
>start eating like shit again

I like to run on the treadmill for 5-10 minutes, about the time I takes to get myself to a really high HR which burns out 30% of my breakfast, which is basically oatmeal and cinnamon and walnuts and then start my fat burning elliptical workout where I lose 600 calories in 60 mins with 1 break and I also drink plenty of water as I'm doing it to get rid of ketones. At the end of my workout I eat 35-40g of protein.

Rate my cardio workout.

>elliptical workout where I lose 600 calories in 60 mins with 1 break
Hrm

I still stand by my stairclimber routine.
>13 minutes including cooldown
>Do well over 250+ calories, but never quite 300 unless you really cheat in the cool down
>Repeat x4
1k in less than an hour.

I go to PF and use the stair climbers there. I don't play around with the programs, I just liked using the "Kilimanjaro" one and rationalized that it'd be good training for hiking. Intensity levels here are meaninglessly subjective, but if you're doing the same machine, I have it on 13, maybe 12 for 18 minute stints.

Disclaimer: I use the machine's estimate of calories burned based on your weight.

Ellipticals have always felt fucking odd on my knees. I hated doing them.

Proud to announce that I can fit in my 9XL Speedo.

9XL?
Height/Weight?

My waist 38 pants are super tight and i'm afraid i'll have to go to 42 for comfort again.

Feels bad man. At least i'm not in the 9xl speedo yet.

>Speedo

Hey paul white, grats on losing 200 lbs.

>Shingeki
bruh is this bait

>32" too loose
>30" fits but very snug
pant purgatory

5ft 7in
539lbs

I wish you the best brother.
I know we can make it.

I have lost stomach weight and my waist is down from a 38 to like a 36 but my manboob still here what do?

K
5'5"
SW: 172
Cw: 152
Gw: 120

>36 starting to feel too loose
>fit comfy into 34s
pant heaven

well, until I get to your stage at least. I might plateau at 32s, I have no idea how petite my frame is once I lose the weight.

I just realized that I'm at a 36" after I forgot a belt yesterday. I have nothin but 38x36s. Like 20 pairs of pants that don't fit anymore. I'm finally at the same number size pant. I'm so fucking excited. If only I had money to buy some fucking pants.

>be me
>be 5'11 and almost 250lbs last year
>tfw no gf
>start losing weight weight and posting in /fat/ (thx guyz)
>get down to 180, almost normal weight and feelin good
>go to mini high school reunion type thing
>girl who used to be a fucking babe is now a borderline landwhale
>definitely crossing into the obese range
>tfw she can't stop complimenting me on my weight loss
>tfw she becomes tipsy and more flirty
>tfw on the surface i'm disgusted but deep down high school me is amazed this former babe is talking to me
>tfw she texting me now

Wat do I do here? She used to be like 9/10 but is maybe 5/10 at best now. Do I try and make something happen and see if I can get her to drop weight? Or do I just ignore me?

Keep going. You can't spot target fat. The only thing you can do is call your parents and complain about your genetics and how fat distribution sucks dick.

I still have a belly and my arms and calves are pretty vascular. It sucks.

could i have a quick rundown on it? googling "israelite lentil pottage" shows me a bunch of unrelated jewish things

Today marks my restart. I deleted my steam folder (over 2TB of games, and with a 800kb/s DL speed easy retrieval isn't possible), threw out all my alcohol, tossed my chocolates and shitty food and I'm on my way out to the markets for veggies.

I won't let anything stop me this time.

glad to have you back, my nigga. i've missed you.
time for you to make it once again

>18yrs old
>started keto 6/19
>work out every day
>elliptical 30min
>bench 130lbs 3x20
>curl 30lbs 3x20-25
>squat 60 times

as of 7/26 I am down 28lbs. You can do it.

I would say only would be a go if she will go in a workout date. (Hike, gym, fitness class, etc). If she is not interested in moving and doing things she just wants to be a whale.

its the horemones , fatty
China man is right
also taubes

Missed you too, and in all honesty I should've been back earlier; the fear of failure and rejection kept me away for so long and in hindsight was dumb as fuck.

Gonna pick up some kangaroo and batch make my broth today. This time, this train is express to 77kg

nah m8, its totally understandable. life dealt you a tough hand the past few weeks, but you fought it and seem to have bounced back pretty well. some people take months and years to recover from a setback, but you my man were good enough for just a few weeks. you're gonna make it again, i know it.

considering lifting just so I can eat more every day
>forever a fatty

Name -big nig
Height -6'0
Starting Weight -325
Current Weight -271
Goal Weight -200

Also heres a progress/cb photo. Bully me senpai

Sign me up

Name: FattMatt
Height: 5'11"
SW: 350
CW: 268.4 (Do we count decimals in the contest, or just to the closest pound?)
GW: 185

>waaaah girls are interested in me now

Nobody cares

>ate 900 calories today
>don't feel like eating anything else
>mfp won't let you eat less than 1200 because MUH MINIMUM DAILY REQUIREMENT so I had to input something I didn't even eat

If ur a grill is ok but as a guy 120 is Skelly...
>5"6' @150 @124lean body mass.

You're not burning 1000 calories unless you're really really fat.
Those machines overestimate calories burned by a lot.

damn dude that is some really unfortunate gyno

you'll have to get surgery for it I think, but you've done really well so far, keep it up

You're doing great and I'm proud of you user.

>Those tits
>That skin color

In all seriousness though, good work and keep it up. We're gonna make it. Also, keep up with the beard growth, just groom it better.

I'm 5'6' and plan to reach 135 and clean bulk from there. Only dieting at 1k calories daily and running 3x a week for cardio. Will I be skelly?

how bad is ingesting 4x more sodium than I'm supposed to? am I going to die?

yes

consult a doctor immediately or you WILL die

How did you manage that? The sodium will probably cause you to have more water retention. So your weight will be a bit higher for awhile, but it's not weight gain

>Literally over 9000 mg of salt

What the fuck are you eating?

teriyaki sauce was a mistake

I don't understand how it happened but now my life is flashing before my eyes

lmao what the fuck

*turns you into the pacific ocean*

When's Half Life 3 coming out, you fuck? It's been 10 years!

Thank you man, hearing that really hit deep. I'll do my best to make you proud user I swear it! ;~;7

Speaking of sodium, I'm working in the heat for my summer job (it's been in the low 100s all week) and I've been drinking about 2 gallons of water a day and sweating like mad. Should I add more sodium to my diet?

Also
>plateau for like 6 weeks
>go back to my summer job which is walking on even ground in the vineyards all morning
>drop down 4 pounds in a week

Forgot to mention I started at 176 and am now at 166 a month later

I know that they aren't scientifically accurate, but what are you supposed to do then?

not count exercise

How much do I have to lose for others to start noticing? I'm a girl and I've lost 15lbs

well how much do you weigh now? height too

Don't eat back exercise calories. At most 50% of what a calculator says you burned. It's fine to track it on an app, to know how much you are doing. But don't assume it's accurate.

Depends on your height and how much you weighed to start.

20 lbs is a significant difference bby

name Abdi
height 5'9
starting weight 208 lb , 32 %bf
current weight 168 lb , 22.5 % bf
goal weight: 145 lb

>Don't eat back exercise calories.
I don't. I only wanted to maximize my alleged deficits on gym days so that this process didn't take forever.

Started at 5'9" 250lbs, now 235lbs. I have pretty good fat distribution, however, such that I dont have rolls and kinda just look like a normal girl but zoomed in--very thankful for that. Nonetheless obviously trying to lose weight for health reasons.

people might start to notice in another 15lbs
they will definitely be noticing when youre getting closer to 200

Keep it up darling, user here is right that people will start to really notice at sub-200lbs. You've got this!

>you're taller than most of the men on Veeky Forums
Anyway, good work. Keep it up.

>used machine at shops
>185cm
>87kg
>16%bf
On one hand my bf% is lower than I though but on the other I'm not as tall as I thought I was. Mixed feels man

Kabigon
5'11''
305lbs
251lbs
199lbs

of course, my man. you're a good man, and i'm sure you'll do right by all of us, and more importantly, you'll do right by yourself.

stick around and keep us /fat/bros up to date, lad! we're always rooting for you!

Anyone else gets really hungry for breakfast? Lunch and dinner isn't so bad, but in the morning it feels like I can devour a brunch buffet or two.

I don't wake up until 13:00

Cool. Thanks, friends. Excited to hit 200 eventually. Probably haven't been that weight since 7th grade--no exaggeration.

>landwhale
>5/10
Hahahhaha
More like 0/10 you beta cuck

Polar opposite. I have very little appetite after waking up, but I'm like a fucking vacuum in the evening, which is also the one time I've got access to all the food.

R
5'11"

Me at 250lbs and ready to be held accountable. After incredible encouragement from a friend, I knew I had to start to lose weight. I was over the 300lbs mark and didn't have any love interests/anyone interested in me so I never really cared to lose weight and look better. I have very low self-confidence (especially because of my man-boobs) but my confidence has been climbing the more I lose weight, take pictures of myself, and accept and love my body. I gave up pop/fast food (I'll have something maybe once/twice a month but I can't stand fast food now). I haven't weighed 250 since high school and as fat as I am, I feel so skinny right now. Those like me that have lived their whole lives fat don't know anything different -- the daily grind of eating. This is my first day on Veeky Forums and I'm ready to leave my old life behind.

You might wanna go down to 150lbs, there is a lot of fat stored there.
After that you can bulk bulk bulk.
But yeah, looks like you're gonna make it if you already lost 50lbs

Sometimes I think what's the goddamn point of getting in shape? I'm still going to hate myself. I'm still not going to be able to form a meaningful connection with another human being. I'm not going to get any quality women.

I've been on my diet for a week and have lost all desire to eat anything. I have to force myself to eat now. Is this a sign my metabolism is crashing?

Added.
Glad you're back, bro. If you ever want to join the tournament again you're more than welcome back.Hope things are going well for you and your family, sincerey.
Missed you, man.
Added! 4 slots still available fo the contest and the tournament

>tfw also balding

Name - Fat O'Neill
Height - 6'2"
Starting Weight - 301lbs
Current Weight - 257lbs
Goal Weight - 200lbs

I've been stalling in the 250s for most of July so hopefully this gets me on the right track

Large Man
5ft 7in
544 lbs
539 lbs
Below 200

The month isn't quite over but here's my monthly update for July.

Switched routine from lifting 5 times a week to lifting 4 times and doing cardio on off days.

I'm still fat as fuck but now I fit medium shirts, and smaller pants now. Shirts fit much more naturally now which is fantastic.

Lightest i've been in 10 years, hit me with some (You)s pls.

Added
Added.

2 sots remain. Remember, everyone who has been added, you're on squishy law which means that you have to weigh-in on Friday or I'm dropping you from the contest immediately at 0001 Saturday morning. No ifs and or buts.

Look forward to seeing y'all~!