Dragon Slaying and Demon Hunting General

There's more to being fit and healthy than just the physical.

To truly succeed and create a superior self, you have to find the dragons and demons in your life, name them, and slay them.

And for each one you slay, a little piece of their power becomes yours forever - to be taken as-is, or used to combat the next one, on and on forever.

So Veeky Forums, now is the time for brutal honesty; what are the most prevalent dragons or demons affecting your life, and what measures are you taking to kill them?

>My slothness, all i ever do i go gym then lie in my bed.
>My lust, you already know
>My pride, I dont talk to girls I dont want to procreate with

I just started playing D&D last night and so I can't fight dragons yet.

>fit related
cutting calories and not binge eating
I'm down a significant amount of weight and have been faltering because of a false sense of accomplishment. I must finish and get to my goal, then begin the slow bulk

>not fit related
Stop sexting girls that aren't my gf

>semi fit related
Cut out sugar and booze

So you're doing well physically, but your mind and soul perhaps need equal levels of nourishment?

Have you considered giving Keto a stint? It would solve 1 and 3(well half of 3).

Cut carbs out completely (yes sugar too) and your body massively ups your capacity to enjoy non-carb foods and massively lowers the enjoyment carbs have for you.

It takes about 2 weeks for sugar addiction to really go (not including the psychosomatic desire of it), but I found it incredibly easy to suddenly stop sugar altogether on this diet.

It's not the best in class if you're after insane gains, but I look at it as a valuable tool to have in your arsenal, but it can only be carried in your arsenal if you do it at least once for a prolonged period.

Yeah I try to do low or no carb dinners. Now I need to expand to lunches and breakfasts. Breakfast might be easier to tackle first.

>lifting weights when you could be musclemancing

I don't know how to combat my 'dragon'

I'm in a very good place, just finished uni, about to go into a job that I want to do, body is making progress, starting to read more and going on holiday next week with my family.

I cant work out why I'm not happy. I should be thrilled about how my life is going so far, but I feel nothing but a need to do better. Anyone know this feel?

>uni
There's your mistake

why? :(

>My fatness.
I'm tired of being so fat, but I keep tricking myself into backsliding and binging.

>My idleness.
I thought I could solve it with nofap, but I slowly found things to replace it or subvert the entire thing. Instead I spend way too much time on Veeky Forums or watching videos on the internet, still. Only most of the time I'm not jerking off.

It furthers your reliance on a fickle system that could fuck you over any second, you spent another 4 years in school to spend another 40 slaving.
It's very possible to earn a comfortable living doing something you genuinely love if you're smart enough to go about it, I'm sure you are. Even if you have to do something sub-optimal as an end to a means it's fine, university just delays that with further bullshit while you're still at square one in reality.
Create something substantial you can truly say you gave your life to and built on your own back.

Honestly in today's world unless you go into a stem field the real money is in learning a trade.

>getting a job
working as a cog in someone else's machine

maybe you would be happier with the idea of building something of your own?

Honestly, it's easier to go all in, just pick a day, and from that day forth just end the carb game.

Slooowly lowering it is a horribly painful process and drastically increases the chances you'll go back.

Planning and preparation can overcome a level deficit my friend

try It really works; additionally, the energy boost you'll get from losing all that fat could be used to deal with your idleness issue.

Yarg. I've done keto before, and I've thought about trying it again. While I prefer a 'flexible' diet of calorie counting, I probably do need the inflexibility that keto can provide.

Perhaps there is wisdom in your words. the only thing that would genuinely interest me would be creating my own commercial gym chain (sad, I know, but its really the only think I can think that I would like to do, I find nothing else even remotely interesing).

Wise words also, I just fear that having not found much (or anything to be honest) that I would love to do, that maybe there isnt anything out there that I will love doing? But I can save my money in the hope that something comes along!

My dad owns his own business and is a tradesman. He is (trying to be aware of my personal bias) one of the most skilled in his field, yet he doesn't earn what I would call 'real money.' To be honest, seeing him run his own business is the single most off putting thing about starting my own! I'm hoping my path in middle/upper management allows me to save for the day I find something I would want to start my own business in.

Thanks for the advice mateys!

>(sad, I know, but its really the only think I can think that I would like to do, I find nothing else even remotely interesing)
Scratch your itch, senpai. Maybe it's not gyms that you have an itch for, but a different approach for them.

Think about other things you itch for.

>sword supposed to pierce the dragon's head
>no blood on the blade sticking out from it
Shit fantasy picture.

>maybe there isnt anything out there that I will love doing?
It's a fundamental need of humans to find passion in something, it's really what makes us utterly unique animals. There's absolutely something out there that you will excel and find joy in, it might sound like worthless advice but all I can say is just go out there and explore yourself.
I'd presume you're probably creatively or spiritually deprived in the circumstances your currently in. Although maybe not the causation university contributes heavily to this, I've seen far too many friends and family come out of university pretty much zombified and feeling completely lost in life, it's why I'm so vehemently against it and am trying to convince as many people as possible not to follow that path.