Skipping

Whats Veeky Forums's consensus on skipping/ropes?

Sounds about right. I don't think anyone does them. I sure af don't.

Skipping is for leg day

They call me "Master of the skip"

Yeah I know you yankees call it jumproping

it's fun

it's frustrating for me

do doubles consistently and watch normies shit themselves

same for me on most of my first day; it's fun when you finally get it.

I'm doing it. Trying to learn some savage tricks.

how to progress to double

It uses mainly your legs to do high rep movement, i would rather do squats with empty or 30kg weight for 30+ reps.

Its a great form of cardio. I believe its one of the best exercises in terms of calories burned.

I've heard its a fairly low impact exercise when compared to running, and it can help increase bone density.

Also if you improve and learn better movements and tricks you can get some sick brain gains from coordination etc. Also good for growing your calves.

>good for growing your calves
when will this meme die?

Have you actually tried it consistently yourself or are you just being an autist

bump

It's low impact cardio that burns a decent amount of calories and won't hurt recovery from heavy squats/deadlifts. It's a reasonable option for someone looking to add cardio to their routine. You can also learn different techniques so it's not boring as fuck. What else is there to say?

jump higher.

how to land properly/recover after a higher jump?

practice. get used to whipping your triceps and legs a lot wiht the rope.

Just swing the rope faster and jump slightly higher , then just catch a rhythm. if you swing the rope fast enough, the jump shouldnt be so high that you expand mad energy

also use a PVC or wire rope, any other rope is for fucking retards

anyone here have routine to increase endurance with jump rope?

Pretty shit on your knees, IIRC. Would prefer a stair stepping machine or, yknow, stairs. good for increasing footwork skill if you're a boxer I guess

I skip without a rope. So basically I'm jumping and rotating my wrists as if I actually had a rope. It's easier and I have god tier calves.

For girls... And fags....

Good cardio. I do it in my gyms basketball court when it's empty since the floor doesn't seem to hurt my knees.

Great cardio and doesnt cause much impact on ankle & knee joints if done correctly. Jump on softer flooring if youre starting off and you can do hiit routines using a rope. If you push yourself and do doubles, crossovers and one legged skipping then youll feel its a better workout and hits your tris, shoulders, calves, back and abs.