When did you realise that deadifts are a meme?

When did you realise that deadifts are a meme?

There is literally no reason to so them if your is hypertrophy

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/fit/thread/42316834/#42317565
startingstrength.com/training/why-will-you-not-do-the-program)
startingstrength.com/training/why-will-you-not-do-the-program
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*goal

>There is literally no reason to so them if your is hypertrophy

his wizard mane i coming in nicely.

>There is literally no reason to so them if your goal is hypertrophy

explain please.
is your stance that eccentric training is the key to hypertrophy?

>Thre amz lateral no wey to be them if goal tto make like hypertropee

What did he mean by this?

about when i saw that pic

i'm laughing to this day that some people still believe in ss for the average lifter meme

Virtually everything in a deadlift is contracting isometrically, besides the hamstrings and glutes.

This is vastly inferior to concentric through a complete range of motion, with the muscle being under highest load in stretched position (bottom).

Examples:
weighted pull up - lats
weighted dips - pecs
overhead tricep extension - long head triceps
incline bench dumbbell curl - long head biceps
flat powell raise - rear delts
snatch grip power shrug - traps

lol what the actual fuck

is that after SS???

what is the time frame?

desuarchive.org/fit/thread/42316834/#42317565

SS fags are notoriously delusional. if you look at the archive, there will be threads full of people who look WORSE after lifting but will argue it was worth it for some vague reason.

This thread again

>works literally every muscle in your body
>no reason to do them

Deadlifts actually do build muscle on the lower back,ass and hamstrings

Muscles that aren't obviously visible in most situations, but they do complete the look of your entire body being muscular.

You can tell when a muscular guy doesn't deadlift because he will have a very weak/soft looking lower back, it wont have the tree-trunk at the lower section of his back, he'll just have soft faded lower back with a really muscular upper back.

Why wouldn't I want to have muscle on my lower back? it completes the aesthetics and it makes your back stronger.

lol, then why not use the glute ham raise to hit hamstrings seeing as the biceps femoris short head is not even touched unless knee flexion is achieved - so deadlifts fall short

back extension or reverse hyperextension for the erector spinae, as they work the muscles through a full range of motion - so deadlifts fall short again

and hip thrusts or hip extension on a roman chair for glutes as they achieve much higher contraction since the glutes are in contraction at peak resistance - so deadlifts fall short once again

Also fuck spinal loading and compression.

>lol why not do 3 isolation exercises and do only 1 that works the same muscles and more
Your criticism about the deadlift not covering the same range of motion as isolations is legit, but they don't produce the same systemic effect as the compound exercise. Solution? Do both.

Bruh, Bugenhagen said to ONLY deadlift...one exercise per day, that's it....why don't I look like him yet? I've been just doing deadlift every day.

I use to have problems bending over to pick things up.

Then I started deadlifting, mostly deficit deadlifts, and suddenly my back no longer hurt when I'd goto pick things up.

Deadlifts 100% make your back stronger and better in everyway.

When did you realize lifting is a meme?

There is literally no reason not to pump synthol or get implants if your goal is looking good

Bugenhegan I believe actually doesn't dp normal dead often, he says the movement doesn't feel athletic enough

rows are far superior for a thicc back and less prone to snap city trips

And yes, splitting a single exercise up into 6 different ones in order to target the same muscle groups is MUCH more efficient of course.

I wonder how you feel about that when you get an actual job though.

do SL gives better visual results than SS? Im a beginner and im legit scared of starting because of these threads, i dont want to get even worse physique lol

But it's probably the most functionally useful exercise since it helps you pick up heavy shit

how about you reach 1/2/3/4 first and then you can decide for yourself what to do

This post is so stupid that you should be executed for stupidity if you aren't trolling.

SS stands Starting Strength. It's a program meant for beginners (Starting) who want strength(hence the second word 'Strength'). It's not called starting aesthetics. They argue it was worth it because they made strength gains. Now be glad you got a (you) from me, retard.

whats the problem with doing diddlys once a weak before isolations

u pussy

>doing SS and gomad
>finally hitting 1/2/3/4
>looking like shit and still no idea about workout routines and diet

So how are you gonna build your erectors?

It's a great exercise, but it's not something you "have to do," same with squats.

I can't do deadlifts and squats myself these days because of "muh back." The moment I put any significant pressure on my lower back, I get a small pain in that area for days. Seeing as I don't want a prolapse I stay away from such exercises. Still got nice legs and back because of focusing on other exercises.

You do know that leaving your back alone will not make it feel better right, unless you sustained the injury in the last week.

what exercises do you focus on? i have scoliosis problems in my upper back, tried to lift months ago and fucked myself even more

I've tried to incorporate squats and deadlifts back into my routine many times, same thing happens every time.

I used to squat heavy back in high school. Apparently my back didn't like that and eventually gave in. Lots of people with back problems in my family, so it's genetic.

My pain is in the lower left back. I do front squats, leg press and leg curls. I go high rep on the front squat. For my back, I just do whatever I would normally do without doing deadlifts, rows, pullups, etc.

Without doing deadlifts, THAT MEANS rows, pullups, etc ***

>erector spinae

Ok i just tried the dead lift i did 115lb for 15 reps

I'd rather not do 14 exercises in one session you fucking donut. It's so blatantly obvious that you either suck at deadlifts or you're too much of a pussy to do them and you're desperately trying to justify dropping them. You're a projecting little faggot and you need to kill yourself ASAP.

That's pretty good for a girl.

Literally everyone in the world has back ache, anyway if you actually do have a weak back then progressively rehabing it is the way to go about it for future health gains rather than avoiding it. There is also a high chance you have bad form.

It is literally, yes literally, the most real-world applicable strenght movement
If you werent a scrawny neet who never did a day's hard work in his life you would know

when you are able to do 15 reps you should put more weight on

My form is actually pretty darn good. I prioritize form above all when I lift.

How would I progressively rehabilitate it? Any squatting and deadlifting and my back goes bad. I don't have pain when I do the exercise, but it's afterwards.

Beginners should not be on fit. Fit is full of garbage and misinformation like this thread.

Fit is just for exercise related memes.

But for real dont OHP in the fucking squat rack or power cage you fucking faggots.

Rack pulls

GTFO of here with that shit.

Stop being a pussy and just start. How could getting stronger ever make you look worse? Seriously...

its gallon of milk a day. probably over the course of a month.

You identify the cause of the pain in a more precise manner than just squat/deadlift, it can't be the moment you place the bar on your shoulders you get ache, if it's in the bottom part of the lift for example you can do rack pulls and reduce it little by little anyway. Also you can experiment with different things even go deadlift sumo if that's not sore and less the grip width session at a time.

But each situation is handled differently I can't without knowing you tell you exactly how to manage, I mean there is always that slim chance that you really are fucked but without day to day back ache symptoms it's unlikely that you are that level.

U gotta just keep doin it but listen to ur back when it hurts and one day ur back will be big and strong and not hurt as much ur back hurts now cause its week

FUCKING THIS
SS/SL takes all of six months to run out.

Deads will make you stronger and thus more able to use heavier weights for things like RDLs, barbell rows etc, which will improve hypertrophy.

Just because the benefits aren't immediately obvious doesn't mean they're totally non existent, you child.

Deadlines are a good displayer of strength in posterior chain, but I don't believe they are the best builder of strength.

And I'm talking about general strength, not lift skill which people mistake as strength. If you measure "strength" by amountil you can dead then obviously deadlifting will get you strongest, but that's a retarded circular argument

Just to clarify the difference between strength and skill:

Take a 200 lb bencher. Spend 3 months doing tons of dips , cgbp, flies, and other pressing accessories, in addition to bench. Test bench again after shortfatigue mitigation, it's now 220, he gained strength

Take a 200 pound bencher. Teach him how to leg drive, how to get a good arch, and optimal bar path. From this, he can now bench 220. He gained skill, not strength

SS is for strength and if you expected aesthetics then it's your own fault on making a bad choice of program. SS doesn't promise what you want. Shoulda done PPL, sorry kid.

You think a rugby player who puts 50kg on his squat in a matter of months on SS will be bitterly disappointed with that?

Not everyone trains for abs and biceps

>Not everyone trains for abs and biceps

Found the SS neophyte with

>wasting energy cleaning the bar when that energy could be used to lift more on the fucking OHP
Go use the leg press or learn to wait, faggot.

What? I'm on a modified TM packed with bodybuilding accessories. I look better than you and I'm stronger than you.

SS doesn't promise aesthetics. That's not to say it won't give you aesthetics if you sacrifice extra LP gains for a leaner bulk, but it's not surprising that it doesn't turn people into aesthetic gods.

Are you implying that everyone does or should rain for abs and biceps? That's a pretty easy argument to defeat, seeing how Strongman and powerlifting federations exist.

Don't assume that your goals are the same as everyone else's. Some people just want to pick heavy shit up and then put it down.

if people just recommended SS for beginners looking to increase their lifts fast, that'd be one thing. if that's just what you do, then more power to you.

but the fact is it is recommended to ALL new lifters, even, if like most, they specifically are looking for aesthetics. that's the problem people have with it.

now either it's going to turn out you two agree with this, and had no knowledge there's this 'always do SS' meme around, or, more likely, you are going to start prevaricating and claim that beginners should do SS because they 'don't know what they want' or 'need a strength base' or even that in actuality (this is common) SS will eventually result in superior aesthetics because faster progress in lifts is eventually > than faster progress in aesthetics.

Typical bro splitter

No what he is saying is basically quality over quantity. You'll get out more out of getting a quality lift or two up to huge numbers than you will out of doing hundred little lifts and he's right. Specifying in one lift will get that lift up and if that one lift provides a lot of bang for your buck it will yield most results when you do get it up. THEN when you switch to another lift you'll start really making gains, following the same method and they'll keep stacking as you keep getting one lift up and switching. This method requires lifting every day or the volume would be too low.

Can't say he's wrong or right. His method does work very well for some people. Look up that damned gym on yt. He follows his method and that guy was tiny before.

>or even that in actuality (this is common) SS will eventually result in superior aesthetics because faster progress in lifts is eventually > than faster progress in aesthetics.

It's almost like you have no idea what CNS gains are and how novice lifters benefit the most from novice programs. If you look at the programming for novice programs in general, they typically all involve low volume and high intensity, the reason being that it improves neuromuscular recruitment. The process of improving CNS gains is extremely fast compared to the actual building of muscle. Coupled with the ease of breaking the body's homeostasis, this results in very fast strength gains in a short period of time.

You make it very obvious that you have not read Starting Strength since you ironically are spewing an "SS is a meme" meme and by your clear lack of understanding of how Rippetoean programming works.

NONE of Rippetoe's (including SS) programs are designed to be a cookie cutter program like the ones that you typically find around the internet and likely the one that you are following now. Both Starting Strength and Practical Programming 3rd Editions provide templates for the reader to follow as well as numerous assistance exercises that they are expected to include on your own.
If you are too fucking lazy to read 280 something pages and missed out on the "Boys will get in extra upper body work and curls anyways" , or the "Only drink a gallon of milk a day if you can't gain weight" train, then you only have yourself to blame for looking like a monstrosity.

SS is recommended for beginners because the book explains the biomechanics of how weightlifting works including very simple explanations of moment arms and leverages. In addition, the proper form is broken down and explained ad nauseum for both compound movements as well as assistance exercises in both writing and illustrations. Even if a beginner didn't follow Rip's program, the book is beyond beneficial to them.

Starting your lifting career on an "aesthetics routine" is like starting to write a book without learning how to read first.

holy shit man, all that bluster that if i do some work myself, could look like it was roughly addressing points i've made, but nothing actually specific.

i'm actually familiar with everything you've explained -- and some of it seems v contetious (e.g. rippletits himself argues that adding curls means that you aren't doing SS startingstrength.com/training/why-will-you-not-do-the-program) but, again, i don't really want to get sidetracked when i want you to actually be more specific

least you accuse me of ducking this, i'll give you another chance:

Explain why SS should be recommended to all/nearly all new lifters who say they are primarily aiming for aesthetic improvement?

But

> Even if a beginner didn't follow Rip's program, the book is beyond beneficial to them.

i will never understand why some people want to have some fat as fatass's gym teacher's nuts in their mouth so bad

> starting to try and make your body look better by doing a routine designed to make it look better is like writing a book without learning how to hurrrr

I started SS/SL type routine when I weighed 57kg. I'm now 74kg.

My lifts went from

OHP 25kgx5 to 57.5kgx5
Bench 40kgx5 to 100kg x2
Squat 60kg to 160kg
Deadlift 60kg to 200kg

I posted progress pics on Veeky Forums and got ridiculed and told I'd gained 0 muscle.

Fuck all of you

I'm doing brosplits from now on

200kg deadlift at 74kg bw is very impressive. Pics?

Ok, so what program would you recommend for beginners looking for aesthetics...does anyone know what they're talking about

We do but you're not gonna like our answer

talk to me

>i will never understand why some people want to have some fat as fatass's gym teacher's nuts in their mouth so bad
He says as he fails to address a very valid point that was made.

>rippletits himself argues that adding curls means that you aren't doing SS startingstrength.com/training/why-will-you-not-do-the-program
It's pretty clear that he is arguing that people are pushing themselves into over training by not following the program and looking at it more as "Exercise" than "Training". If you actually read SS you would know that using assistance exercises such as tricep extensions and bicep curls ARE part of the program as long as it does not interfere with the base portion of the program and push you into over training.

>Explain why SS should be recommended to all/nearly all new lifters who say they are primarily aiming for aesthetic improvement?
Now I see why you couldn't make it all of the way through Starting Strength, you couldn't even make it all of the way through my post.
1.) The book explains the biomechanics of weightlifting including moment arms and leverages. As well as pertinent information surrounding ANY program.
2.) Proper form is demonstrated in both written and illustrated form. In addition potential problems with form are anticipated and it is explained how to correct this before it persists into your weightlifting career
3.) Physiology of how the body recovers is made easy to understand (things like Selye's Theory of Adaptation and progressive overload).
4.)The program is very simple to follow and does an excellent job of helping beginners that are new to lifting to adhere to training by having consistent, rapid and measurable progress where as many body building style programs focus on reps for increases.

>Explain why SS should be recommended to all/nearly all new lifters who say they are primarily aiming for aesthetic improvement?
Nice strawman of my argument by the way.

You try to paint others that recommend SS as fanatical (those do exist) but it is seriously coming from your lack of understanding. Literally like 90% of Starting Strength 3rd Edition is revolving around the general principles of weightlifting and things that most newbies to free weights should know to get stronger and be effective. Rippetoes thoughts on nutrition and proper sets/reps and exercises takes up a comparatively tiny portion of the book itself, to the point where I believe it is only a single chapter or two. Furthermore, the book is written to be utilized by coaches, not to be taken as if it is written in stone.

>> Even if a beginner didn't follow Rip's program, the book is beyond beneficial to them.
>i will never understand why some people want to have some fat as fatass's gym teacher's nuts in their mouth so bad
He has degrees in his field and has worked with and coached world champions. Even if he is a self-aggrandizing asshole (I personally don't like him), that doesn't mean everyone that recommends his book is riding his dick. Get over it, 3/4 of the people that wrote the programs you are going to follow are probably just as fucking retarded as he is.

the answer being

?

ppl

I don't see why a combo of heavy lifting and physique work isn't the norm for people. If you lift heavy but you look dyel there's no point and if you're shredded but only dead 3pl8 there's no point.

Same goes for cardio, if you go all in on cardio and look like an auschwitz survivor there's no point but if you're huge and can't run a 5k you also look pathetic.

bucket loads of help m8 cheers

I would go look at /r/bodybuilding. There's good advice there from people who actually compete and know their stuff

>inb4 reddit

how to hamstrings ?

Ok, you need to stop being such a bitchy little faggot.

SS is not recommended as a beginner routine that much here, it's just one meme. Don't get your panties in such a twist over an internet joke. Most often when people express no interest in strength they're recommended PPL or PHUL or something.

>tfw read sticky countless times and lurked for over half a year
>haven't even lifted because I don't even know who isn't memeing and don't want to fuck my body up and look like OPs pic

>great trap gains
>great upper back gains
>thicc glute gains
why would i not do them

Literally got 0 trap or upper back gains when my dead went from one to 4.5 plate

look in the mirror and tell me you saw these things. i have no doubt you read they would do that but you get better trap gains from light weight shrugs

good mornings or stiff leg deadlifts

>power cage
>dont OHP in power cage
what did he mean by this?

Because 90% of your total hypertrophy will come from the compound movements.

Not with that rep range though.
And most of their mass is centered in muscles that are unasthetic and give them life long bad habits that will fuck them up in long run.

Basic weight lifting is better then babby's first strength building program.
Even the man who created the program that rippeltoe ripped off doesn't think it should be done by random jack/jill offs.

This

People attribute lift skill to strength

That's why we see so many faggots doing lifts with bad form or rounding their backs, it's because their legs are too damn weak

If you do just deadlifts and you think that is making stronger all over, you are retarded, accesories are a must for developing real strength, even if you just do landmine romanian deadlifts for the hams, it's still better than just deadlifting

my deadfit is progressing fine from doing highbar squats and romanian deadlifts 3 times a week.

ITT OP is right and incels get furious
Stay virgin

>implying a big deadlift makes you aesthetic
he prolly looks like shit as he said

How do you cope with RDLs thrice a week? Just a medium 3x8 of those bad boys is enough to have my hamstrings sore for about 4 days.

pretty low volume - 4 ramping sets of 5 reps with ~12% jumps. My hamstring were still sore as fuck after the first few workouts though

learn to choose your loads properly as any intermediate+ lifter should after getting past beginner programming

>I can't deadlift a lot and am bitter: the post

I would clean and press my erect dick into that anime if you know what I mean

My deadlift wilks is 144.56

Point of SS is to get big lift numbers fast, regardless of how you look after. You can always go on a cut after you get your squat to 500.