At what age did you realize video games are a massive waste of time?

At what age did you realize video games are a massive waste of time?

I just sold my RuneScape and WoW accounts, got $540 in total (had multiple maxes on WoW, and near completion on RS).
Currently waiting for a friend to get the money to buy my Steam account.

I'm pawning my consoles tomorrow and I already gave my account info for PSN and Xbox to my sister. She's keeping the games but the consoles are going.

Investing more time into furthering my business.

Stop playing video games. They do nothing for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/tech/playing-video-games-could-make-7524102
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i wonder how my life would turn out if i never got a computer

Like 16, that was when I stopped gaming and started drinking smoking weed and fucking bitches instead

>fun is a waste of time

I guess if you're boring idk

At what age did you realize lifting is a massive waste of time?

I just sold my dumbells and bar ells accounts, got $540 in total (had multiple barbellss, and near full set of dbs).
Currently waiting for a friend to get the money to buy my lifting belt.

I'm pawning my knee sleeves tomorrow and I already gave my straps for deadlifts and gloves to my sister. She's keeping the gloves but the shoes are going.

Investing more time into furthering my business.

Stop lifting. It does nothing for you.

Take MMORPG's for example. What is the honest point of grinding hundreds, even thousands of hours for something as insignificant as a pixel item?

What do you gain from it other than an ego boost?

Would a big boss really go "oh you got the best raid tier item for your class? fuck you're hired right now!"

i played games because my old friends who don't live near me played them. items were just bonuses.

playing games is no different than going out with friends. well, it's less expensive and less stupid unless you think getting drunk is cool

but then it's not that video games are "pointless" and "do nothing for you" it's just that they don't get you an office job

You go to the gym for an hour a day, you work eight hours and you have 15 hours to do whatever you want. Why would an hour of games a day be a waste and if you live with your gf you will realise how important games are to fill in the hours you will wait for her to get ready or do whatever the fuck takes women so long to do.

You know you could just be efficient and further your business as well as play a video game every now and then, but I guess that is too much for you

they aren't fun though

the last fun video game I played was Doom 2016 and even then I thought it was a waste of $80

>it's not fun to me so it's not fun to anyone

just find a new hobby bro lmao take up painting or some shit

You just have bad taste in video games is all.

I realized about a month ago. I just can't fucking enjoy (online) video games anymore. I still plan to keep playing the odd singleplayer game here and there, but they don't even make those anymore so yeah.

What's a good video game then?

>they don't even make those anymore so yeah.
What? You think every game that comes out nowadays is multiplayer?

Most AAA games that come out are multiplayer or targeted towards the multiplayer crowd in one way or another. When was the last time a blockbuster game came out?

>thinks vidya is a waste of time
>posts on Veeky Forums

Something you find fun and isn't too expensive for your wallet
I happen to like gamecube games which cost me however much they did in the early 2000s and I still find fun to play

>Prey
>Horizon: Zero Dawn
>Dishonored 2
Not to mention the litany of shit from Ubisoft.

>Prey

Shit.

Everyone forgot about it after a week.

>Dishonored 2

Already in "Buy 1 get 1 free" bins at game stores.
Next.

>Prey

The first one was a good game. The sequel/remake/whatever the fuck it is I lost my interest after the like 5th time they restarted the project.

Console shovelware.

>Dishonored 2

The first one was overhyped, bordering straight up bad. I don't have high hopes for the sequel which is why I haven't even touched it yet.

this, but at 15.

Seriously if you still game around your 20 something you are a fucking beta loser
gaming isn't even fun
lifting isn't a waste of time, unless you lift two hours a day and want to look like a steroid user.
if you lift every few days mainly for healt reasons it's good.
tard

:thinking:

gaming is for losers.
There I said it.

Best thing that every happened to me was my graphics card breaking. That was two years ago, haven't bought or played a game since except some mobile games I play on plane flights and shit.

I don't think gaming is for losers. Well it depends how much time you alocate I guess. Online gaming is almost always a waste of time just cause of the low reward-high addiction cycle it puts you through. But playing story-driven games for an hour or two before you go to bed isn't that bad.

They are a waste of time, anyone who says otherwise just gets really defensive about it lol

At what age did you realize businesses are a massive waste of time?

I just sold my company, got $540k in total (had multiple branches).
Currently waiting for a friend to get the money to buy my brand name.

I'm pawning my investments tomorrow and I already gave my shareholder info to my sister. She's keeping the offices but the furniture is going.

Investing more time into gaming and other things i enjoy.

Stop running businesses. They provide no fun for you.

I'm with this guy I play so I can do something with my long distance friends since I'm not a fucking rockefeller that can afford to fly across the country every weekend

doesn't even begin to be an accurate comparison. Lifting has improved my health, my energy levels, my physical appearance, my confidence, and on and on. Gaming has improved.... the sections of my life where i'm overcome with boredom.

4 years ago when I was 14, when I realized what a fucking faggot I was. That even though I had lots of friends in school and a girlfriend, that I was still a good for nothing loser and that my ancestors would be ashamed if they saw me now.

So instead of playing videogames I started lifting, drinking and get my friends to do the same.

Drinking is the peak of degeneracy. You should have stuck with vidya if you were going to degrade like that.

I stopped at 17, is that good or bad?

>degeneracy
What is with all of the autistic /pol/ faggots and this obsession with """degeneracy""" are you just butthurt you've never been invited to a party let alone touched a pussy or is it something else?

>I used to have friends and a gf
>then I wanted to be "cool" so I started drinking literal poison

Lmfao is this real

Im not the guy you first responded to senpai

>dude drinking and pussy dude bro

I know it's a shitty hobby, but it's one of the only ones I have that keep my interest. Luckily I play them far less frequently than I did when I was younger, largely because AAA suck ass now and are chock full of kike propaganda. Hopefully someday I cut it off entirely.

What about your imagination and your mental working skills? Video games improve IQ.

Anything done to excess is bad for you, and we've just seen that the societal norms for consumption of various negative influences are way higher than they should be.

You eat too much shit and your body degrades, you drink too much and your mind does as well.
Western society, is just a body composed of all the peoples within, and as the quality of those people degrades, the whole suffers.

I disagree with user though, there are far worse evils than drinking.

Nothing about video games is bad in moderation.

You have 24 hours in a day.

- about 8 hours go to sleeping depending on the individual
- for me, 9 hours go to work on weekdays
- 2 go to working out, but only every other day
- 2 go to some other hobbies I have

That's 19-21 hours of every weekday. I'm a simple man, and as long as I keep doing these things every day, I'm happy and I feel like I grow as a person.

I have 3-5 hours extra hours per day to spend on everything else. Some days I smoke weed and fuck bitches, some days are for the boys, some days I waste on the internet, and some days I play some video games. As far as these activities go, video games have the benefit of being stimulating but not stressful, and not depending on any people other than myself.

On the other hand, I've seen plenty of people get addicted to video games and start taking time away from the more important things in their lives. So I guess if you've got the type of over-competitive personality that makes it easy for you to get addicted, then it's a smart decision to just avoid games altogether.

>Video games improve IQ.
Says that guy who falls for bro-science he read off IGN.

haha hey guys i learned math from RuneScape xD

Lol what are angles? i only know how to calculate in virtual logs xD

But they do.

mirror.co.uk/tech/playing-video-games-could-make-7524102

>this guy is so fucking degenerate, he became an alpha and encouraged his friends to do so too.
I'm still together with her, and since I'm working on myself I got something you never will: sex

Learn to metaanalysis. One study's findings mean nothing. This is why newspapers seize on cheap stories half the time, a single study is never conclusive of anything.

>mirror

Discarded.

You're officially retarded.

I don't blame you for believing that.

>t. angry roasties cause their bf likes csgo more than them

While I haven't given up games, I've definitely cut back so i don't slack on my responsibilities. I think there's a conflation with productive and fun in this thread. I find games fun, while fully aware that there is no productive value from them, i learn nothing, i ultimately gain nothing from them, but I play them none the less because I enjoy them.

>anyone i dont like MUST be a roastie/cuck lol i play runescape 80 hours a week and make no income whatsoever, my parents hate me

>he was an /r9k/ fag all along
no surprises here

6 Months ago.
I deleted all my games, removed them from my Steam account, connected all my gaming-related accounts to a new email-address that I deleted afterwards.
Threw away all my physical games.

It's the best thing I did this year.

Maybe you should stop consuming video games like they are fucking McDonalds, and instead enjoy them for their art or competition.

You could have just sold your steam account and games, you dumb fuck.

>video games
>art
>competition

the only reasonable non-autist post in this thread

Not being able to appreciate a good video game once in awhile is a you problem. Spending hours and days on PvP like LoL or CSGO etc is detrimental however.

One big reason to quit video games is that staring at a screen for hours is not healthy.
If there is one thing you should do, it's eliminate all non-essential screen time.
Whether it's vidya, TV, jewtube, 4chins, whatever.

>MMOs

Why would you play them? They're made to be skinner boxes, something that you sink lots of time into only so you can put more money into the next expansion or whatever. They're actually designed to take as much money from you and you only keep playing it because you have so much time invested in them your mind starts going for the sunken cost fallacy. Of course you should avoid those like the plague.

It's still okay to maybe just turn on an old game and play it for an hour or so when you have literally nothing to do and you aren't in the mood for watching something or reading.

I make money from smash bros melee tournaments, and I commentate and they pay me for that as well. Not a waste of time for me but for the average person it totally is.

>itt 17 year old edgelords who think they have life figured out

You idiots are the same as people who sais the same about tv, before that movies, before that radio, before that reading. The problem is you, not the act you are doing. Dw bro im sure youll come up woth a real well thought out fedoralord response as to why you are such a contrarian to enjoy one od the most popular forms of entertainment on the planet and how everything you so has to "better yourself" or some gay child like shit

I still play Final Fantasy XIV at the end of the day after I work out, shower, and eat. I only play 2-3 hours per week though.

I can't play for more than an hour nowadays. I'd rather read or watch reruns of old shows.

>At what age did you realize video games are a massive waste of time?

I remember in my early 20s running into someone living on the floor at my friends house share who's prize possession was a 50litre box of nintendo carts, mainly 64.

Since when the fuck was a new game $80??? I picked that up for $30.

There are three "genres" in videogames that can be good in small doses. Those online rpg's are not one of them.

The first genre is the twitch gameplay style like dmc, bayonetta, FPS etc. Where you have to think and react very quickly.

Other genre are puzzlegames. And I mean hard think outside of the box puzzle games.

Last genre is a visual novel style game. Stuff like the last of us, mass effect, uncharted etc. Those can have an "ok" story, and you can learn from the simple dialogue, character development etc. Think of it like film or a simple novel.

These three you can spend a litle bit of time on now and again. Not daily!
Other pursuits come first.

MMORPG's like warcraft etc... are a massive waste of precious time. You can stock groceries at a supermarket and make more money. You learn no skill set. There is no story or character development. There is only countless hours of grinding.

Playing video games every day is definitely a trait of a loser, but playing now and then every week is perfectly fine.

I quite enjoy games that at least have areas of entertainment or gratification. The Talos Principle or Dark Souls for examples, they're brilliant in their own right, challenging enough that you have to stop and think (Dark souls moreso about thinking how to approach and adapt) and have a sense of achievement.

Games and playing are an important part of life but they should not become the dominant part.

Why would you play anything besides StarCraft?

Not all gamers go this far... Most of us just enjoy a couple hours relaxing

I gave my videocard away years ago. It's not valuable if it doesn't allow for any other skill to develop, you could even call it ... degenerate.