Stalling at 35kg OHP

>Stalling at 35kg OHP

Have the same problem, I drop weight two times. We will see in Tuesday if I break 35kg.

Lol i ohp 60kg.

Do push press if u wanna gain

Lmao nice gains when you cheat. I bet you also do half ROM.

>tfw my pushes are literally untrained
>stalling on 35kg bench
>slow progress on ohp (at 25kg)

JUST

And monkey grip instead of close.

EAT MORE NIGGAS

lol OHP 130kgx3 here, never done push press.
Literally just OHP more often, if u wanna get better at it.

lol I ohp kg and I don't even train ohp

>iterally untrained
>>stalling on 35kg bench
>>slow progress on ohp (
Are you a dwarf man or a woman?

if your other lifts are going up it's % bad form
watch the 3 common mistakes vid

why can i press and push press the same weight? i can't go higher than 60 kg. i'm 71 kg

any good push press videos because i'm pretty sure i'm doing it wrong

>stalling at 57.5kg ohp... feels bad breh

>130kgx3
sure you do

I do 4x6 OHP with 1865kg, r u a buncha pussies?? get on my lvl, dyel?!

>can OHP 43kg for reps
>barely bench 50kg for reps

didn't know olympic champion mart seim browses Veeky Forums

How many tiomes can you reverse bicep curl 35kg?

If the answer is none you prob OHP too much weight

Hold on hold on

When op says 35kg OHP, he doesn't mean 35kg in both hands right?

think he means the barbell version

bar + 7.5 kg each side

yeah so? good fucking job.
keep lifting

>tfw my 15 year old skeleton brother can bench 60 kg
What's wrong with you?

natural strength takes time, don't be greedy otherwise you'll fuck your shoulders..

tfw I did 35kg for 3x8 last push day and the push before that I did 41kg 5x5

are you all counting the bar (20kg)?.
I'm a manlet who's been training for a month in a cut and I can OHP more...

I find this to be implausible. Your bench and OHP can't be that close unless you are majorly screwing something up.

Are you using correct form when doing OHP? Are you making sure to let the bar touch your clavicle before pressing it back up?

to be fair manlets and people with short arms generally have an easier time pressing

yeah his ratios are far off, probably hasn't figured out to bench (unlikely) or doesn't strict press on OHP (slightly more likely)

good point.

That's nothing faggot I OHP stone and I don't even go to the gym.

honestly. Im not that guy, but I literally just learned how to bench after a long time. My numbers instantly shot up 30lb.

Yup. If he only benches 50kg, he most likely can only strict press ~30kg at most.

How does one not know how to bench? It's a pretty natural movement. Were you griping way too close or doing some other retarded shit?

I ask because I know a lot of ways to use shit form to boost your bench numbers, but not too many that make the exercise harder.

agreed, ohp to bench ratio should be about 0.6 times your bench +-0.05.

For example I can press 80 kg and bench 130 kg, which gives me a ratio of 0.615

i can bench 70 and press 60

I had trouble with 25kg ohp at first too. I now do 60kg for reps, took me 5 years to get there though. Keep training user you'll make it

Its not a natural movement because it restricts the movement in the back. A Pushup is a natural movement.

Basically I wasnt properly lower in the bench movement. Once I figured out how to sort of move my elbows and have it come down, it was easy.

I watched Alan Thrall a couple times and now ive really cemented it in my head.

I also have had almost impeccable ATG squat form since the day I started, so you take the good with the bad I guess.

Well, you probably need to do some form checks then. You've messed up somewhere.

I am cutting tho

>How does one not know how to bench? It's a pretty natural movement.

Nice troll. Bench is one of the most technical lifts, and you never do that shit in real life. When was the last time you laid down and pushed something up outside of the gym?

Just unracking the bar and maintaining a painstakingly tight stance is hard enough on bench. On OHP you literally just rip the bar off the floor and bring it to your shoulders.

Oh, so you were keeping your elbows in too tight?

initially I was bringing the elbows in too close, not a good 45* angle. This actually caused a shoulder injury and I did not bench for a year.

basically I was dumb and inexperienced. I am thankful I didnt learn my lesson with a herniated disc tho. I had a buddy who doesnt DL anymore due to disc issues.

Should I prioritize OHP over bench?

>counting the bar

Then don't wonder why your OHP doesn't increase. You can try intermediate/bodybuilding style of programming, but it will increase very slowly.

Wasn't trolling, it's always just felt natural to me. Maybe it's just because even though I've worked out on and off the past ~9 years, bench was one of the first I was trained in properly as a 16 year old kid.

Back then I trained in a gym with a lot of swole ass older men that really showed me the ropes. Particularly Steroids Santa.

Question, can I just do the Texas method periodization for squats, but with OHP (as a novice, doing low weight) since I don't have access to microplates/ fractional weights? I.E. 85 5x5 - 65 2x5 - 95 1x5 instead of the linear 90 3x5 - 92.5 3x5 - 95 3x5.

Of course you can, but it's very fucking slow. Buy wrist weights and load them on the bar, they are easy to find and quite cheap (cheaper than fractional plates I think).

>stalling at bar bench