Philosophy thread

Alright, I just watched this weeks episode of Boku no Hero Academia and I feel like I've been doing my life all wrong.
>inb4 weeb
So for those of you who don't watch the current arc focuses on what it really means to be a hero, and ever since I was a kid I always wanted to be a hero. But as I grow older I notice myself gaining more narcissistic tendencies and did things because I wanted to be better than other people and not because it was the right thing to do. I essentially dedicated my life to becoming better than my parents, which meant everything the did, I had to do better.
They're doctors? No problem, I'll become a surgeon (currently studying for med school). They give money to charity, I'll join soup kitchens and help build houses. They're rich? No problem I'll learn how to invest my money so when I do get a job, I'll be financially a success.
Somewhere along the line being an average male I wasn't getting enough female attention, so I started becoming more "stoic and alpha." Gym? Yeah bet your ass I revolve my ass around it? Hard times? Fuck yeah give me more.
But even after doing all of this I feel like I let society decide and mold me into a person they wanted me to become. I feel like I never learned what it truly meant to do any of the things I did for someone else and not just myself. I never learned what it meant to be a hero.
So my question is to all of you philosophical buffs out there, is it to late for me to make it? If not how can I start my journey to ascend and do things for my reasons, and good reasons, and not my usual shallow reasons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1kdnmT_7gLE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

Those narcissistic tendencies you talk about are a part of the human nature. Changing the reason you do stuff isnt easy but since you are asking yourself this maybe you took the first step in the right direction.
Also why Veeky Forums and not /adv/ or something like that?

Hi OP

Retrace your steps.

Have you taken the Glorious Pill yet?

Hey user.

I used to want to be a hero too. Life fucked me and showed e who I really was. Now my mind and body are in sync. I don't lie to myself about a single thing anymore. My mind body and soul are one.

The only reason I do anything is for advancement and access to physical pleasures. It seems like you've been tricking yourself into thinking you're a good person. I used to do that too. I used to have sticky notes on my mirror that says "A real man never lies!" "a real mannever holds hatred in his heart"

But that's not me. I think your level of altruism is something learned or developed at a young age. And you can only try to seem altruistic (conciously or otherwise) if you're born a piece of shit. Good people are born, not made. Nothing can fix us.

>I, I, I, I'll, my, I, me, I, I, I

If you thought of yourself less, then being a hero would come naturally to you.

>falling for the heroes are humble meme

The thing that's wrong with this train of thought is that you're basing it on a show were the goal is to neat up other people and get paid for it. Hero's aren't made, they're just people that go beyond what is needed in a dire situation.

checked

If trips missiles launch

I played Skyward Sword, I liked Groose too. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

What are you 16? Just do what you want to do? Simple as that.

>asking Veeky Forums how to become an hero

muh neurons

>Getting philosophy from kids shows made for nip kids

dob geg

what mode is this

My philosophy is pretty normie tier, but hear me out. I'm going to die someday, everything about me, be it body or mental shares similarity with those around me in some way. As a human being, I'm recycled from a variety of genes. I'm the result of a spontaneous and nearly impossible spontaneous creation of life.I probably have some biological destiny because of my genes, if I do, that means I have something to follow anyway. What I want to do with my life and what others wish to do with their lives will more than likely be different, and that's absolutely okay. Social order should only be followed in a social setting. If I have individuality, I plan to use it to experience this world and better myself for the sake of spending the little time I have on this planet for the best. To suffer, to improve, to enjoy until the non-projected end of my existence.

I'm not going to contest it's a kids show for nip kids, but a lot of kids shows for nip kids have more depth than western adult television. Like Game of Thrones, which is complex because someone gets castrated every other episode amirite?

Admittedly neither are exatly deep pieces of philosophy that will end up winning a nobel prize for literature.

youtube.com/watch?v=1kdnmT_7gLE