Pilondial Cyst

How does one fix this?
Been reading horror stories in the archive.
Still waiting for a doctors appointment dont want to let it get worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3MTNfuby6zE
youtube.com/watch?v=EcZnqdQTQB0
youtu.be/GtoPRp59GI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Had to get surgery for mine.
If you're fortunate, it should be gone after one surgery. Mine took multiple and now my ass crack is abnormally wide at the top.

Get it taken care of as soon as possible. Recovering from that surgery is just about the most miserable experience.

It has to heal from the inside out, so twice a day you get to painfully remove the gauze and stuff a new wad in. Depending on how bad the cyst was, the wound could be large enough to stick all four fingers in a couple inches. You'll be on stool softeners for a few weeks. Be sure to put some TP in the toilet water before you shit or poopwater will splash up into the wound. Walking will be an experience, and occasionally everything will bleed through, especially if you pop open a blood vessel and have to go get it stitched or cauterized.

If you have a job, arrange to work remotely for a month. You'll be mobile long before that, but if everything isn't just fucking perfect about recovery, you'll either bleed or be hit with waves of pain while out and about.

>the wound could be large enough to stick all four fingers in a couple inches.
holy shit im scared man

mine is only like a 1mm big, literally a dot but theres two of them like pic related

>inb4 ban it's from a health website

Just go to an urgent care and they'll lance it up for you assuming it isn't that bad.

the pain from it went away after a while and I think the hole closed up, should I still get it checked out?

>How does one fix this?
I had it happen to me twice. First one I had to get it lanced since the antibiotics didn't help. Second one I went to the doctor since I could feel it slowly forming again, and this time the antibiotics actually helped (that rarely happens though, I got lucky).

>Still waiting for a doctors appointment
Fuck that shit dude, go to the ER and exaggerate your pain. If you've only recently started getting pain, you might be lucky like me.

Also for future reference to all the other hairy fucks like me on Veeky Forums who sit on their asses a lot, invest in a mesh-seat chair and move around more. You will thank me later.

Can you still go to the gym and do intense activity without rupturing the wound, healed fully right?

And what lancing mean i watched a video whrre the doc just cut the whole fucking flesh out from hole to hole

>Can you still go to the gym and do intense activity without rupturing the wound, healed fully right?

If it completely heals up, then yeah. I had both of mine before I got into lifting though so I can't say how long that would take.

>And what lancing mean i watched a video whrre the doc just cut the whole fucking flesh out from hole to hole
Lancing is them basically puncturing it and then draining out all the puss, I think the one you watched was one of the more extreme cases, because they didn't tear out chunks of skin for me.

You should, just imagine what would happen if a little piece of shit gets trappen in the hole, while the wound itself closes.

My dad had that, his doctor just threw him down onto the examination table and grabbed a scalpel and chopped it the fuck out. He went into shock but it wasn't too bad and he went home without trouble.

I had a dot sized one like you. You have, according to the colorectal surgeon I talked to, the beginnings of a pilondial cyst, but not actually a pilondial cyst yet. Most likely there is no infection or anything trapped in there.

All they'll do is probably pull a few hairs out of that, shave your ass crack, and send you on your way. Then, every time you start feeling that bump+hole getting bigger, go to the doctor and have them tweeze the hair/particulate matter out of the hole again and hopefully it'll never aggravate into a full pilondial cyst.

I have one above the skin, is that what's considered a full cyst? It's kind of like a sack.

But will it stop bleeding out of the fucking blue?

I have no idea what this is, but for some reason i want to google it

>I think the one you watched was one of the more extreme cases,
the hole looked pretty small to me
youtube.com/watch?v=3MTNfuby6zE

I've had one for twelve years. Bleeds every couple of weeks sometimes in the morni,g, isn't really much of a nuisance.

this one is tiny and when he opens it up its crazy

youtube.com/watch?v=EcZnqdQTQB0

why the fuck would you go 12 years and not fix something like this?

pretty serious butthurt ITT

I had one for about 2 years. I "dealt" with it on my one after 6 months and it was gone for the rest of the year, but then it reappeared with a vengeance.

Had to fill my underwear with gauze and change it out multiple times a day waiting for the surgery. Bloody, pus-y discharge came out constantly and it smelled horrible. I was perpetually embarrassed about this thing.

Surgery was painless due to the huge amount of drugs they gave me and I felt no pain during recovery, but that's because I started on 120mg of hydrocodone a day and was moved up to hydromorphone. I was completely bedridden for a month while recovering (thank god for my mom being there to change the gauze) but I felt no pain during. After the drugs, I felt physical pain for a few months and had severe nerve pain for almost 2 years.

It sucked.

fuck man that must've been rough could you still workout?

were you even allowed to sit or sleep on your back like wtf

>Depending on how bad the cyst was, the wound could be large enough to stick all four fingers in a couple inches.

here. My cyst was about the size of a baseball. Apparently mine was the largest they had ever seen, and the surgery left me with a 10 in scar from the top of my buttcrack all the way to the bottom, then they fuzed the skin at the top of my ass to prevent future cysts, plus I also have a scar from where they inserted the rubber tube to drain blood.

I had to lay on my side for the duration of my recovery, and it has never been too comfortable to be on my back since then. Oddly enough, my best event on the APFT is the situps, which I always max, despite not being able to even put pressure on my tailbone for over a year.

But seriously, fuck pilonidal cysts. Made me lose all my gains and I couldn't sit or lay on a bench for a year. And the nerve pain is the real kicker. If yours is as bad as mine, you'll be up at night feeling pins and needles in your ass, but you can't feel physical sensations like pressing on it. Even now, almost 4 years later, I still have weird sensations there but I've just learned to ignore them.

In my case, my cyst wasn't lanced because it was so big and deep.

The doctor made an incision down my asscrack and then scooped out a baseball-sized chunk of material from underneath, then inserted a 2ft long tube that coiled inside so I could drain blood until it just eventually stopped bleeding. Then they just stitched it up and covered with gauze, and I had to drain blood multiple times a day. Ended up draining like 2-3 liters by the end of the month. It was horrible.

>this thread
>I just developed symptoms like these 2 days ago

I went to have it looked at a few times but it just didn't hurt enough to go through with treatment or surgery.

Not only that but it was always at a time of inconvenience. The first time was in basic training, doing flutter kicks and lots of core training caused it to burst a lot, and I was bleeding in my underwear. So I went to make sure it wasn't infected. The doctor said he could lance and drain it but that would be delayed my training and I risked getting thrown out so.. I just dealt with it.

Second time was when I was in my last year in the Air Force and it was right before a deployment. I needed the money from it so I just held it off. It hasn't killed me in the 12 years I've had it, no one has noticed it, and it's really not a big deal.

i fell over in the shower and mine broke open spewed pus for like 4 days the worst smelling stuff ive ever smelt, still a slightly hard lump but it seems not to be growing and this was like 2 years ago so hopefully im going to die

I had it and I drained it by myself 5 days after I couldn't sit at all because of the pain.

Process:
1. Take a needle and burn it with a lighter.
2. Pin the cyst with the needle.
3. Preferably be in a shower because you'll need a lot of water to clean it.
4. Don't pass out or be with someone who can take care of you.

A green sticky fluid came out of it and it smelled disgusting. I almost pass out while it was coming out, I washed it with a lot of water for about 30 minutes while it came out and the headache ended.

Couldn't sit for about two days and then I was healed. I have a really small hole, can't only feel it with my fingers and it can't be seen at all, the area around it has a weird texture but it hasn't bothered me in two years.

If I were you i'd drain it as soon as possible.

I've had 2, surgery both times. Once was packed with gauze and second was left open and treated weekly with phenol.

wait whaaaat
I JUST had one of those, it hurt like a bitch to sit for like a week or so.
Funny thing is that i talked to my friend about it, said i should go check it out, but i just brushed it off as nothing and i got really pissed one day because it hurt like a bitch so i "popped" it like a pimple, shit bled quite a bit but it healed up in 2 days completely and now i'm fine.

in that one week i had pretty much all of my underwear with blood marks and bed sheets too.

>baseball-sized chunk of material
>draining like 2-3 liters
>Then they just stitched it up
WHAT THE FUCK

So what happens when the skin is stitched woudln't it be really tight compared to how it was before? meaning if you stretch the skin will become very irritated or sore now??

I had one when I was going through basic, heard it was a garunteed way of washing out if I brought it up. Ended up popping it myself, can't begin to doscribe how much it hurt. Next morning I found out my brother died in Iraq so they asked me to drop out anyways.

Bad times mates.

no pus just blood for me, really embarassing when when people think you shat yourself desu

I've had one which has recurred several times over the past few years. Each time I've cared for it myself -- as soon as I notice discomfort/swelling from the lump/cyst, each night I draw a hot bath with epsom salts and soak for 20-30 minutes. This will gently cause the thing to soften and drain on its own, usually overnight. After that, healing is generally almost immediate. Swabbing with hydrogen peroxide helps to keep the area clean after it has burst/drained.

youtu.be/GtoPRp59GI8

I've had something like this for over 2 years and it's never gotten bigger or smaller, but it doesn't bleed anymore at least. This thread is making me nervous as fuck though.

>mfw had an abscess on my jaw
>mfw nearly two months and it's not done healing yet
>mfw I think the wound got infected recently

I had one thinking it was a bruised tail bone for a few months. Then I popped it while laying belly up before bed. Smelled fucking horrible. Blood and puss everywhere. It was the greatest relief I've ever felt.

But no surgery and I just washed my sheets after.

The bad thing about this is the treatment is very "barbaric" and old in a sense.

There is no antibiotic or cream you can put on and it wont heal on its on it needs physical cutting out with a scalpel or sharp spoon and then stitching back together. I can imagine people doing this long before modern medicine with some opiates and simple tools

>stitching back together
You specifically have to avoid that.

And a patient generally would have a plastic drainage tube installed and also will be prescribed antibiotics, at least for the first 10-14 days of healing.

this the thing that made me quit lifiing lmao i started lifting i could only when i started
squat 205
bench 170
deadlift 245
lifted for a year and some months and some change and was fairly consistent
went to a
315 squat
450 deadlift
250 bench
got a cyst had surgury to remove it that bitch took 5 fucking months to heal and then i basically back to square one fuck lifting bro i guess ill take up running

>Avoid stitching
So leave a constantly gaping bleeding hole or what

Omg how would you go to the toilet for those post op days or even walk

It is sometimes stuffed with gauze, but yes it has to be left open.

It is generally a period of rather intense follow up, as well as combined with antibiotics.

I reckon I might have been some of those horror stories. this is a pic of my 4th surgery that happened 4 years ago. I still have an open wound lol but I'm definitely the exception to the rule.

I had one lanced ~8 years ago. No problem since then. Do I still need to be worried about it happening again?

This, except I used a white hot fork so it would drain faster.

The cyst actually forms right above your ass hole and grows upward. By the time it is visible on the exterior, even a tiny portion, you're near the deadline for fixing without surgery. It's several inches long at least, internally.

Go to the doctor.