Herbal Supplement Thread

Which ones work and which ones are bullshit? Anecdotal evidence encouraged.

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/supplements/traditional-chinese-medicine/
examine.com/supplements/ayurveda/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3573577/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19789214
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19501822
amazon.com/gp/product/B015QCDRMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump. Come on Veeky Forums, give me your ethnopharmacological insights

For what?
I know pygeum works for increasing pre-cum, but I don't think you'll find much use as a fitness supplement.

tried eating raw garlic and it seems that it boosted my test levels

I'd be pleasantly surprised to notice any effect from any of them, so my definition of working would be something like "does more than a placebo"

It makes your breath smell for like the whole day tho. Brushing teeth doesn't help to get rid of it

examine.com/supplements/traditional-chinese-medicine/

examine.com/supplements/ayurveda/

There are more categories. It's a bit to go through, but they will do more than what I personally can provide at this time.

I like ashawaganda

what's it do for you?

Only teenagers make out. Real men suck Dick.

Ashwaganda works for me.
I notice a high pitch sound in my head the second I take it, so something is happening for sure.

And I get more boners, and workouts are better.

Cheap so why the fuck not.

it's a kind of transformational food to my knowledge

a company called sun potion makes some that comes in a blue bottle if i recall correctly

It calms me down. I've got some bad social anxiety and it mellows me out enough. I started taking it because my hair started thinning and shedding from what I believed was stress. Haven't seen a stop on that, but very little stress now. It also makes me horny as hell.

Collagen tablets
flax oils
saint johns wart
saw palmetto
dandelion root/leafs

Just beware of any pills you take that contain 'Calcium Carbonate' it's ground up sea shells and is an industrial filler that is allowed into food since it is listed as a food coloring agent and calcium supplement.

People often talk about fluoride and how bad it is for your bones but calcium carbonate is even more invasive. It turns your bones very brittle after prolonged use. It's in most cheap supplements

>a high pitch sound the second I take it
that sounds like a psychological thing rather than an actual drug effect

Epimedium - 24hr arousal, potentially pumping muscles

Theanine - study-proven alert sedation

Ashwaghanda - study-proven 30% reduction in Cortisol and 15% increase in Testosterone

L Arginine - supposedly helpful for erections

Peppermint oil (diffused application) - super erections

L Tryptophan - good mood effects / energy (produces serotonin, melatonin, and B3)

great info, do you have a link to that ashwagandha study?

>Which ones work
none

>which ones are bullshit
all of them

just roid if you want to cheat you fucking faggots, you will save money compared to all this worthless herbal shit spending $80 a month to increase your gains by 3% with placebo

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3573577/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19789214
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19501822

I have some ashwagandha coming in tomorrow based off this, but the study in question (the one showing reduced cortisol, etc) has serious conflicts of interest and was performed in India.
Recent blood work showed I had extremely high C-reactive protein levels and I'm hoping this will help, but one questionable study isn't enough to be sure.

Lol what?

Oh sweet my yard is full of dandelion roots and leaves, time for a motherfucking salad

Currently taking:
>Creatine
>Cocoa powder 500mg capsules
>Colostrum (500mg capsules)
>Biogrow (It is colostrum ill finish it when my current colostrum runs out)
>Vit C 500mg
>Vit D3 + K2 (1000IUx2)
>CoQ10
>Zinc (50mg but i cut them in half so only 25mg which is still fuckin loads)
>Amino Acid Pills 2222 (ON branded got them free as a promotional)
>Fish Oil (2g per day, 700-800 EPA/DHAs)

and of course whey protein etc, should i throw in a magnesium supp somewhere, currently taking a swisse mens multi but once it runs out im never supplementing a multi again, better to just supp what i need

Talk to me about Epimedium, from a bit of googling around it kiiiinda sounds like bullshit but I'm still open to the idea

how much of that could just be replaced by a multivitamin?

>D3 + K2 doesnt come in this quantity in any multivitamin
>Vitamin C doesnt come in any multi in this quantity seeing as i use like 3g a day
>Zinc interferes with other mineral absorbtion as calcium and copper(?) share the same receptors
>Fish oil isnt in multis
>CoQ10 i got for free
>cocoa and pretty much everything else do not come in multis

there isnt much evidence supportive of multi vitamins doing anything, they are more costly per month (or anything given amount of time) than supplementing the ones i need eg vit D, K2, Zinc, and vit C

Valerian root is good for sleep. Don't take too much though, it will give you sort of a hangover.

I feel like st john's wort has helped my mood, and I'm generally more positive. I seem to have less drive to drink also.

Cissus helped me with some really painful tendonitis.

Edible Sun.

valerian for sleep (you relax and go into REM much faster, more restful sleep).

l-theanine for anxiety. l-theanine with caffeine is the best thing I have ever taken in my life. drug, supplement, beverage, food... l-theanine with caffeine is the best thing I have ever discovered.

thoughts on this stack?

quite high desu

Sick map of kabul faggot. Where did you even buy this crap, I manage a vitamin shoppe and haven't heard of any of it except NOW.

>gentlemen...

This too

fuckin mess

Yer mum

Just get some test, jesus fucking christ what a waste of money

>Daily (fat soluble/meal)
Vit D [5K IU]
Fish Oil [3 pills]
Vit E [400 IU/Sunflower Sourced]
Selenium [200mg] (co-factor)
>Repair (water soluble/no meal)
MSM [1.5-3g]
NAC [1g](Powder)
Vit C [2-3g](Powder)
ZMA [1 morning/2 night]

Optional:
>PWO
Caffeine [200mg]
Beta Alanine (Powder)
>Herbal
CBD Oil [1:1](Liquid)
Astragalus [1-2g](Liquid)
Olive Leaf Extract [1-3g](Powder)
>Noots
ALCAR [1.5-3g](Powder)
Choline Bitartrate [1g](Powder)
Alpha GPC [300-600mg](Powder)

Natto daily for DanK K2.
No fish oil on Salmon days.
Astragalus > Ashwagandha

Checking for Icarrin %, amazon.com/gp/product/B015QCDRMY is a good Amazon deal.

fucking autists, its worse than women buying bunch of cosmetics and clothes
spend that money on some book because yall fucking stupid

post body

what calcium supps should i take (if any) if i dont drink milk or any calcium rich food ?

Casein.

kek

GET rid of the fishoil an replace with krill oil.

Fishoil is either rancid or ineffective or full of cheap shit if its in tablet form.

Krill oil is similar but has more protective properties meaning it possibly maintains its quality longer

The best for fish oil is fresh, or in those 60$ disgusting tasting liquid ones from the fridge at the pharmacy you have to gag down on a spoon and even then they go rancid pretty ez.

Been taking pygeum for weeks to no effect.

Cum holy grail just didn't work for me sadly. Gonna keep up the Maca and citrulline for energy and boners respectively though

Absolutely god tier vitamin to take is k12 as we dont get it anymore in our foods.

Gotta try this. How much daily?

Can't you just swallow it in halves of cloves or something?

What's the collagen for? Is it supposed to help with facial aging?

>fish oil
>krill oil
Flaxseed oil.

lads...

Flax seeds are full of phytoestrogens, is the oil not also?