Idk who the cuck is in this picture but what are your experiences with the cold shower? Is it a myth just like no-fap?

idk who the cuck is in this picture but what are your experiences with the cold shower? Is it a myth just like no-fap?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/
quora.com/Are-there-studies-that-scientifically-prove-taking-cold-showers-brings-health-benefits
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25760154
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/JP270570/full
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It probably doesnt do much. however, hot saunas are shown to increase muscle mass, and hinder muscle loss.

Nope. Proven to increase testosterone, metabolism, boost your immune system, etc.

im not trying to sound like a massive fucking faggot and ask if you have a good source for this, but i'm gonna sound like a massive fucking faggot and ask if you have a good source for this.

I find that it greatly relaxes me.
I read some research paper that concludes that it is bad for muscle growth.

By how much I don't know, but it raises cortisol

nothing better than smashing the gym and getting straight under a cold shower

Kek I figured and that's understandable, but I cba atm mate. Also forgot that it's also good for hair and skin.

I actually feel hungry and horny after each cold shower, so this sounds reasonable to me.

reviewbrah?

definitely feels good

Don't be stupid OP. All this "test" talk spouted by bro-science enthusiasts is just pure bullshit.

Taking cold showers will not turn you into a man. You won't leave a cold shower with more chest hair and a longer dick, or with a larger sexual appetite.

It's just taking a shower with cold water. Nothing more, nothing less.

Your last sentance is wrong.

Go on, explain.

>they're wrong because of this ad absurdum fallacy

Maybe reddit is more your speed

I guess it's also more of a mind over matter thing. If you are interested in this you can also look up the Wim Hof method. This guy is crazy, so there must be something to all the stuff he talks about breathing and exposure to cold

Don't be stupid OP. All this "gym" talk spouted by bro-science enthusiasts is just pure bullshit.

Going to the gym will not turn you into a man. You won't leave the gym with more chest hair and a longer dick, or with a larger sexual appetite.

It's just lifting weights off the ground or pushing them away. Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't be stupid OP. All this "nutrition" talk spouted by bro-science enthusiasts is just pure bullshit.

Eating healthy will not turn you into a man. You won't leave a healthy meal with more chest hair and a longer dick, or with a larger sexual appetite.

It's just eating food that is nutritious. Nothing more, nothing less.

i wasn't really interested in the test effects or whatever more so with mood stability

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/

quora.com/Are-there-studies-that-scientifically-prove-taking-cold-showers-brings-health-benefits

When did I say they were wrong? They don't accomplish anything life changing, they're just showers.

I know because I take cold showers. I do it because it wakes me up, and because I live somewhere hot as fuck where I get home sweaty during the summer.

[spoiler]that and because the heater broke once and i had to get used to cold water [/spoiler]

>taking cold showers produces results as beneficial as exercise

hmm i see

good reads thank you for this

>eat a healthy diet
>can notice observable changes in my health right away which are further observed by professional health and medicinal workers

>take a cold shower
>???

It actually really helped me. Sorry if this is a bullshit anectdote but I've been taking strictly cold showers for about a year and there are a couple things I've noticed.
>helps with my depression (which I'm not medicated for so I utilize any and all things like this to make it manageable)
>made my hair healthier and more shiny, helped make my dry skin go away as well
>helps prevent sore muscles after I go to the gym
>feel warm and nice after I get out of the shower (can't beat the feeling of getting dressed after a run and a cold shower)
>increased pain tolerance, less bothered by weather changes or fatigue. after about a month the shock of initially turning on the water goes away and you sort of adjust.

I don't know about any other benefits or the legitimacy of it but i personally like them. Plus it saves you money if you pay for hot water.

It's a combination of two things: The rush elevates my mood while also working my discipline - the moment when you stop thinking 'I don't really want to do this' and just do it is so good

>doing things a certain way doesn't make a difference, it is what it is

hmm i see

Don't even feel like putting effort in replying to your shit. Do you seriously believe there's anything you do in your life that doesn't affect something in you a different way?

user reported a study where it was displayed that ICE COLD BATH (used in some treatments) were literal gain goblins and overall if you cold shower, you're not making it
I'm searching those papers as we speak

np bro!

I found that one as well...good for immune system, bad for gains.

and found

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25760154
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/JP270570/full

never ever cold shower again

I just said what I gain out of cold showers. They jolt me awake and they cool me during hot days.

OP is asking for reliable sources and citations and asking "whether it's a myth like NoFap" as if it's some sort of big lifestyle change. It's not. You're just turning the dial to the left when you take a shower, and washing yourself with cold water.

How is cold water going to improve your life?

>Don't even feel like putting effort in replying to your shit.

Uh huh, yeah, okay. I'm sure that your lack of effort is why you're not getting your point across.

Maybe if you took colder showers, you would have more energy to prove your point user.

gotta die ripped or RIP trying

>It's just taking a shower with cold water. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thing is, you're claiming it's just purely taking a shower with cold water as it doesn't have any other effects on your body and life just because it's a shower.
So many things go into our daily life and how we live are affected by the tiniest of shit. You can say it's such a small thing all you want. Thing is, it does have effects on both your mentality and body. It's like saying all types of shampoos are the same. It's just wrong.

I feel like it helps my skin

maybe it's in my head

>have a shitty landlord that wont fix it hot water heater
>it summer in texas
>just start taking cold showers
>emailed him multiple times for the record
>will be moving and filling a lawsuit soon

It will all work out in the end.

Speaking of no fap. If you fondle your junk and stimulate it, does it ruin the no fap or is it only if you cum?

You're right user. Cold showers do produce effects on the human body, both mentally and physically.

However, they are not significant enough to drastically alter a person's life, which is what I assume OP was getting at.

But yes, cold showers do affect the person taking the shower in ways that a warm/hot shower can't.

When you say cold, how cold?
Cold enough it shocks the system that is useful for clearing many ailments

Sorry for sperging out. I do it unconsciously sometimes. But yes you're right, it's not the utopia OP's confused about.

Nothing more drastic concerning the human condition than self-realization imo(all the good habits follow due to willingness to do them). You can be whatever bad things you can think of, as long as you have a strong connection to your mind and body, you'll make it.

please do elaborate. you're speaking to me on a spiritual level right now

They feel good af after a workout.

The relationship between heat exposure and serum cortisol release is an interesting one so while cold showers may not cause the same (higher) release of cortisol that hot showers do, cold showers (or being cold) is thought to dampen recovery (PictureFit on youtube has an informative video on this with the overall thinking that it is not worth it unless you enjoy them)

Personally hot showers feel much nicer than cold showers and with the benefits being so mixed I reccomend you choose what you enjoy and just work out harder to overcome any POTENTIAL benefits that come of cold showers vs hot

The less the better user.

Every person has his own way of living their life and their own way of making it. Reading things online such as ways or methods to achieve success always makes me laugh inside because of how delusional it is. Taking advice from anyone other than your mind is probably the silliest thing anyone can do. When your mind and body want something, you know it, you feel it but you don't act on it because of this or because of that.
Honestly, for what it's worth, all what I say could mean jackshit to you if you don't realize it by yourself and become able to produce your own wisdom. A stranger like me could only tell you "good luck" and you discarding it 5 minutes from now to go on and think about the things in your life. So go on, live your life the way you feel, everyone else is irrelevant, no matter how much you're convinced otherwise.
That's my take on the world basically.

'Cold shower' is stupid.
'Cold SOAK" is GOAT on the other hand -- but only under certain circumstances.

Super-hard workout? Just ran 10 miles uphill? Hard race? Need to be ready to go again tomorrow? Cold soak. Fill the tub up with cold water, get in, dump in a 20 pound bag of ice. Sit in that for 15 minutes, get out dry off, go wrap yourself in a blanket until you warm up again. Reduces muscle inflammation temporarily, which improves circulation, moving out waste products and dead cells, moves fresh blood and nutrients in, speeds recovery. Don't do this every day, though, and don't do it in winter unless your house is warm, no need to get hypothermia.

Those study prolonged exposure to cold water after the workout. Most people probably take a cold shower for 5-10 mins in the morning.

not a meme.
by using it to learn suppressing my reaction to the cold it has made me able to control all my emotions better. ESPECIALLY anxious ones.

It doesn't ruin nofap, but it makes blue balls worse. The more stimulation your junk has, the worse the blue balls.

I took cold showers only for about a month. I stopped when I had a chest cold and needed hot water to clear up the congestion. After that I didn't go back because it's winter here in Ausland and I get up at 6 for my TAFE classes this semester. It's a mental thing but I'm already dragging my ass out of bed in the dark, I'm not gonna stand in cold water after that.

I didn't notice any huge change except that cold showers are energising instead of relaxing. There are supposed health benefits each way, so go with whichever you want. For most people this will be hot showers.

This isn't like exercise where the unpleasantness leads to growth. It's mostly masochism for the sake of being "manly". 95% meme.

It took me months to actually really start doing them and it wasn't even on purpose. I used to just wash my head in the morning to fix my hair, then one day decided to use cold water to wake up more. Eventually I started using colder water for longer times and slowly started putting my whole body in the water. Now I do it at night too.

I think it helps more mentally than physically. I felt more aware when I started doing them and it helped me stop spending 20 minutes in the shower every morning not wanting to get up. It makes you feel alive, hard to explain.

I still take hot showers every now and then to relax if I'm in a mood for one, you don't have to totally quit it.