ITT: bro science

ITT: bro science
>super sets will give you better gains, bro
>dont rest too long between your sets, you'll lose gains
>if you didn't drink a protein shake at least 30 minutes after your workout, your workout was wasted
>no carbs after 6, brah

>You need a strength base before doing a hypertrophy routine
>Deadlifts will make you jacked
>Squats and deadlifts are enough for abs
>OHP is all you need for big delts
>Strength=size

>I'm following a low fats diet because I want to lose weight
>Don't eat the egg yolk! Is bad for you!
>Bread? Bread makes you fat!

This is more mom/younger sister science but still, it really pisses me off

Superset = metabolic fatigue.

Shorter rest periods = metabolic fatigue.

>you need at least 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight
>squatting atg is better for hypertrophy
>you need to have vegetables in your diet
>you can't get jacked eating pizza and mcdonalds
>count the bar when comparing your stats
>you need to count your calories during a cut
>its possible to get your bodyfat below 15% natty

>>You need a strength base before doing a hypertrophy routine
true, absolutely.
>>Deadlifts will make you jacked
not directly, yet it's true.
>>Squats and deadlifts are enough for abs
no.
>>OHP is all you need for big delts
it's all you need for big anterior delts.
>>Strength=size
as a novice, beginner, intermediate and past intermediate **natty**, strength IS size and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is a meme
>>Bread? Bread makes you fat!
>>I'm following a low fats diet because I want to lose weight
in some countries bread is a staple; for these people, removing bread and wine means halving the calories already
being against restriction of both carbs and fats is pretty nuts; proteins are way more satiating and carbs and fas are the main vehicle for those exceeding calories for most people. True, they should count calories and keep proportional macros. Not every soccer mom is going to install MFP anyway.
>>Don't eat the egg yolk! Is bad for you!
if you don't have an active lifestyle, it may as well be bad
they are fatiguing in different ways. There are different kinds of supersets too (paired sets/compound sets/antagonist sets) so it's not that easy.
>>you need at least 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight
blame the merrican system
>>squatting atg is better for hypertrophy
it's better for the hypertrophy of your ass, so it's true if you add an "aesthetic" before that "hypertrophy" (no one cares of too huge quads)
>>you need to have vegetables in your diet
absolutely true.
>>you can't get jacked eating pizza and mcdonalds
you can eat shit and smoke and die at 95, it hardly matters to make these extravagant strawman claims
>>count the bar when comparing your stats
I hope you're memeing here.
>>you need to count your calories during a cut
yeah, you need to count them. Unless you've become pretty good at eye-balling kcals
>>it's possible to get your bodyfat below 15% natty
yeah, it's possible

>>super sets will give you better gains, bro
obviously false
>>dont rest too long between your sets, you'll lose gains
obviously false
>>if you didn't drink a protein shake at least 30 minutes after your workout, your workout was wasted
obviously false, anyway it always amazes me to notice how many faggots drink they shitty post workout in the lockers room while ppl are dangling their balls at 1 meter from their mouth
>>no carbs after 6, brah
obviously false, and possibly this is the worst gains goblin considering how many ppl are getting carbs before or during a weight training workout

>3x5

Anything regarding dopamine.
All pleasurable activities release comparable levels of dopamine and nothing short of amphetamines is going to do anything substantial to your dopamine receptors.

right, 5x5 or 12x3 or 4x8
or you're simply not getting enough volume as a non-novice natty

ITT people who read some shit online, but have zero experience actually trying these methods out, but they want to feel like they're smarter than people who obviously better looking than them

Literally all exercise 'science' is broscience. The underlying mechanisms aren't fully understood yet and apart from a few decent longitudinal studies done on drugged up Russians in the 70s and 80s it's just coaches saying 'yeah in my experience this works'

>implies he eats pizza and mcdonalds
>implies he can't get under 15% natty
Gee, maybe these two things are related?

>dietary cholesterol is healthy

>You dont need to do cardio bro, youll lose all youe gains if you do

Yesterday I was at my mother in laws and only ate a small bit of salad. She asked if I don't like salad and I told her I'm in the middle of trying to lose some weight. This was followed by her scoffing and explaining that vegetables don't have any fats in them so it's fine to eat as much as you want. Never mind the oil based dressing and the fact that I've just cut portions across the board because I'm not a fat ass. She wonders why she can't seem to get rid of her spare tire despite her latest meme diet.

Other tidibits from her:
>Deadlifts are bad for your back
>Eat only proteins if you're trying to lose weight because fats make you fat
>Apple cider vinegar melts belly fat

its called bro science for a reason faggot

>>Deadlifts are bad for your back
this is false, but if you have a bad back for gods sake dont do deadlifts

>push-ups are good

Of course it is. She has all kinds of back problems but thinks she's some sort of fitness pro. She told me once she used to squat 2pl8. Found out it was knee bends on the smith machine while wearing gloves, with the tampon, and a hat on. She has all kinds of back problems and has never done a deadlift. Probably has the issues because her spinal erectors are weak as shit.

push-ups may help you to progress up to intermediate way better then bench.

>remember to hit legs, women care about legs

God I can't type a coherent paragraph for shit today.
I love her to death but she's a walking amalgamation of bad 90's fitness advice.

my doctor told me "strengthen my core" and "do ab work" because of back problems but he wasnt specific.

what is a good abs routine?

i was thinking

plank 3x60seconds
side plank 3x60seconds

?

I was giving my sacramental agreement on those, faggot

Planks
Leg lifts
Pike situps
Bridges
Supermans

>skipping legs
not gonna make it

if you can hold a regular plank for more than 30 seconds then it's useless.

go on the super decline bench and do situps while holding a plate or dumbbell
hold a dumbbell in your right hand, lean to the right, and then pull back to standing
do 'backwards situps' on that thing where you hook your heels in and your torso just hangs out there, idk what its called - or - do deadlifts

what reps?
i thought plank progressions were to be made until one minute, coincidentally, does anone have a link to a good plank progression?

weighted crunches and leg raises

Try weighted planks

>weighted crunches
>lumbar spine flexion works the abdominal/core muscles
>put the cervical and thoracic spine under pressure anyway just for some extra back pain because you are a retard
shiggy
not too many not too little reps. just pick a rep scheme of 3x5, 3x8, 5x5 or something similar and keep progressing. you can add weight like said or you can try different plank variations. see pic related for a start

what does a "rep" looks like for a plank?

You should always eat within an hour post workout

Super sets tire you out faster if your short on time or want to take longer rests

Long rests just waste time but there are situations where they make sense

One rep is the amount of time you do it
3x1minute for example

deadlifts activate enough muscle tissue (nearly entire body) and therefore maximise efficiency, combined with accessory isolation they are good starting point for beginner lifters who are building a strength base before moving on to an intermediate program (although this isnt entirely necessary and is goal dependent person to person)

lmao (protip: cholesterol found in eggs is the precursor to testosterone) also the bread one choose wholegrain over white to skip the bleach etc used on the grains and just because the macro ratios are so much better (at least where i live)

1g/lb protein to bodyweight is easy and simple for beginners, you also are unlikely to get protein poisoning (google rabbit starvation/protein poisoning unlikely but something to bare in mind if doing a strange diet)

veges typically are high in fiber and have decent amounts of micro nutrients thus a better alternative to simply popping a multivitamin but again if you dont want to its not necessary

ofc you count the bar

maybe if you counted your calories you could get below 15% lmao

You go into plank position, hold for about 3 seconds, then go out of it, hold for 3 seconds, repeat. I do 3x12 and it fucking kills you on that last set.

if it's an isometric plank where you basically hold your position for some time then just do 30 seconds for some sets and progress. if you're doing something like a side plank with bend then it's up and down

>I do 3x12 and it fucking kills you on that last set.
really? i can hold hte plank for 50 seconds in a row, isnt that better than doing sets?

How many reps do you do in a set?

>I can bench 10kg for 50 reps, isn't that better than doing it heavier in sets?

>>if you didn't drink a protein shake at least 30 minutes after your workout, your workout was wasted
that is a little extreme, but not entirely untrue. eating protein (paired with carbs) after a workout promotes faster recovery and muscle growth

but he said asume the planking position, he must mean some havier variation of planking then