cryptocoinsnews.com/33-of-younger-americans-plan-to-invest-in-ethereum-survey/
github.com/paritytech/parity/issues/6995
twitter.com/paddyucl/status/927885515407454209
paritytech.io/blog/security-alert.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Flash_Crash
gitter.im/paritytech/parity?at=5a01cb3232e080696e764ac5
etherscan.io/address/0x00f1c77935ac482fc075b55b5990e86ea40851bb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shouldn't ETH rise, since now technically there is suddenly less of it available.

Also, it wasn't bug in ETH, rather it was in specific wallet implementation.

Multisig Parity wallet users, not normal Parity wallet users, will have their funds locked for an unknown amount of time.

It's the FUD that'll kill ETH. Normies tend to swallow whatever the media tells them

normies buy Bitcoin, not Ethereum
Can't really sell something that they don't own.

Wait am I good if I use a ledger but just use the parity client to move funds?

cryptocoinsnews.com/33-of-younger-americans-plan-to-invest-in-ethereum-survey/

Looks like they're about to get btfo

Use MEW instead

Will this event cause a crypto winter?

i.e. you can use MEW with your ledger

Sell ETH buy NEM.

lol

lmao
why was this even possible in the first place

a legendary meme is born

This is the second time these fucking Parity retards screw up something

Gavin Wood should go to jail while that newbie guy should get a 6 figures security job. There's billions at stake FFS.

so this only affects parity multisig wallets, and polkadots ICO funds are amongst those frozen for good

>will I get arrested for this
>I'm just an eth newbie

>polkadots ICO funds are amongst those frozen for good
wew

witnessing

someone explain pls fast

github.com/paritytech/parity/issues/6995

Lol some noob dev killed the library.

This. Only multisig wallets. Same as last time.

how the FUCK is that possible??

who is even using parity?

Why don't they just replace the ETH in those wallets? Like why does it need to be those exact coins? Like lets say I have a dollar, Chase bank 'loses' the dollar in the bank somewhere. Well i got to the bank they just give me a different dollar.

Due to Eth's vulnerabilities, you can literally just delete all the coins and tokens in a person's account, and this person claims to "accidentally" do that to a bunch of people's accounts

It was over 1million ether effected by this... so enough people

twitter.com/paddyucl/status/927885515407454209

There was a suicide line that allowed anyone to send the kill commend to the wallet_library contract this killled the llibraru and now as the smart contract for the multisig wallets relied on that the funds are now locked and that contract cant be killed.

I think im not a dev. 300 million dollars lost by someone sending out kill commands and retarded devs.

>> currency of the future

I will never ever invest in Ethereum, this shit is going to just keep happening and fucking your investment over.

Why was that line in there?? And why can't they just reupload the library? Surely the code is written/saved somewhere...

This is exactly the thing that needs to happen in the crypto world.
A smart contract where any pajeet can get a return true on an is_owner call is bad, bad, bad

"i'm eth newbie..just learning"

a meme is born, you just set 100's of millions of dollars on fire

as funny as this is, shouldn't ETH rise in price because of this?

Kind of. What actually happened was that the contract was configured in a way that allowed someone to turn the contract address itself into a multi-sig wallet through the use of the initWallet command. From there, the person who executed that command declared themselves as the owner of the wallet and suicided it, effectively destroying the library that all multi-sig wallets relied on.

> being this retarded.

Print me 10000 eth while youre at it.

Easiest solution is to include some code in the next fork that kills the smart contract address.

The multi sig contract calls to the address of the library. If you add a new library it will jave a different address. And cause they deleted the original library the cant create a fix. See how dumb this is?

should I buy ETC now to cut my losses or it wont be affected?

"I'm just an eth newbie..."

>The multi sig contract calls to the address of the library. If you add a new library it will jave a different address. And cause they deleted the original library the cant create a fix. See how dumb this is?

Yes...it's hard to believe really. Christ

HAHAHA

MUH FLIPPENING

don't worry money skelly will just roll back the blockchain!!!! HAHAHA

>ETHs vulnerabilities

There are dozens of cryptomillionaires that became instantly poor as we are talking, all this time was just a dream for them, today it was them, tomorrow it could be you, how does it make you feel?

sell*

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

so what's the play here

"oops"
lmao they should have hidden the self-destruct buttons better

Parity is being developed by one of the Solidity inventors, so it’s not like he’s got anyone else to blame.

Better diversify then faggot

If you ever become rich do it right when you get there

where account would mean contract, not wallet

Product affected: Parity Wallet (multi-sig wallets)
Affected users: Users with assets in a multi-sig wallet created in Parity Wallet that was deployed after 20th July.

SOURCE:
paritytech.io/blog/security-alert.html

so guys at what price do i buy back in?

So... is ETH mega deflated right now since all those coins are out of circulation?

no brainlet, most of those coins are in MULTISIG WALLETS, most of which have the intention of being MORE difficult to move, higher likelihood of hoards of HODL coins

Also does this mean ICO whales wont be able to keep fucking up the market by cashing out their ETH now if their shits locked up?

well now they are guaranteed to HODL

why would you buy back in to something that can destroy your investment every time a human makes a mistake in code, and besides that has made some of the most stupid coding mistakes in the history of computing.

Parity was already hacked once, so this is literally a case of fool me once, fool me twice.

Either

A. No one at parity gave a shit even after a catastrophic hack the first time.

or

B. The contracts and wallets are so complex that even when looking for bugs, they are unable to be found.

Only notable ICOs that have funds locked are polkadot and iconomi apparently

The code to fix this could easily be slipped into the already planned constantinopole hardfork without any issues and/or alterations of other peoples balances, nor ERC20 tokens.

>little under 1% locked
>mega deflated
nothing too much to be excited about

where was this written

keep shilling friend

for now, just wait another 24 hours lol

>why would you buy back in to something that can destroy your investment every time a human makes a mistake in code

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Flash_Crash
Why would you use keep using computer software to buy and sell stocks if it can destroy your investment with an error in code?

These coins can't be moved anymore unless there is another hard fork

But it's true. Stay retarded friend.

Yiss. Time to buy at 250eur.

the difference between crypto is that governments and big companies are involved

if there's a fraudulent charge you can get your money back... with crypto you can't because blockchains are supposed to be immutable. ETH is obviously an exception to the rule because they forked for DAO hack so just stick to whatever vitalik tells you

gitter.im/paritytech/parity?at=5a01cb3232e080696e764ac5

devops199 is in here talking, this shit is hilarious

So you think that no one right now is crawling ETH addresses and just destroying people's tokens? How long do you think this "hardfork" is going to take, distribute, and everyone update their software? How many unexploited multi-sig addresses will be left by then? Or do you think ETH will again, make a decision that will reverse actions on the blockchain making it again, mutable (just like they did with the DAO hack?)

Just curious.

>gitter.im/paritytech/parity?at=5a01cb3232e080696e764ac5
they are talking about a hard-fork lol

>currency of the future

Lmao, the ruskie is so fucking mad.

it's definitely currency of the future if it can't be spent now

lmao thread closed best comment found

I'm just posting memes. I don't give a shit about other people's tokens, ngl.

>tomorrow it could be you,
I first need to worry about becoming a millionaire.

yeah have fun schilling buddy

btw exchanges like to use multi-sig wallets so if you have any tokens there.... lol

It's called "shilling".

Why the fuck would anyone keep tokens on exchanges? That's the staple of retardation right there. Hope you or your friends lost ETH to this, lmao.

LOL ur killin me user

>cryptos will revolutionize the world
main players BTC and ETH both unusable as currencies now

This was a problem with Parity, not Ethereum itself.

Kek

I never held ETH for more than a week because "smart contracts" is bullshit and I never recommend my friends to buy ETH in the first place

The tech is fundamentally flawed and more exploits will come out, I'm just on the sidelines watching the shit storm and laugh at comments like the ones you post

now this exploit is known wont hackerfags just start fucking it up and killing more contracts? is there an emergency procedure??

ChuckSRQ @ChuckSRQ 09:50
So is @devops199 entitled to the 117 ETH Parity Bug Bounty?

LMAO

> is there an emergency procedure??

Yes, it's called sell ETH

Comfy with ledger

Does this mean I should not be buying into any ICO's today with erc20 tokens?

Not only did he fuck everything up, I'd say he's eligible for the Parity bug finding bounty

savage

Gonna be some pissed off faggots.

pretty sure this guy is not "newbie"
he chose to kill $280m contract

I think that guy’s trolling

How badly will this affect ERC20 tokens?

I LOST 10€

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kek

Finally ETH steals the spotlight from buttcoin forkshit. Whenever ETH is fudded this hard it goes up.