How many Pull ups can you do Veeky Forums? Pic related

That's a chin up

maybe post a picture of a pullup first

>pic not related

that is chin ups and i can do 10
im 5 11, 183 lbs

Good bait

5'8" 150lbs

So I got a problem. I've always been good with pullups. Even without doing any for months I've done 10 reps cold turkey.

For a couple months last year I decided to focus on them. I was doing maybe 3X10 reps over the course of each gym session.

At my pullup peak I could do 14-15 in a row. But everytime I went that high I started getting a really uncomfortable (not painful) feeling in my shoulder.

I would almost describe it as a pulling / peeling sensation within just my left muscle. I kinda imagined it like slowly peeling a piece of tape off a hard surface.

I got worried I was in the process of injuring myself and cut back on the pullups. Anyone know if that sounded like a symptom of something or was I just being a pussy?

10 chin ups, maybe 7 or 8 pullups
6'2" 202 lbs

Lol I suck. I can do 7 pull ups 5'11 173lb and about 12 chin ups. I fully extend my arms and wait one second between each rep. Feels good to not be like those regards who brag about repping their chin ups but never extending their arms.

Try stretching your shoulders before each pull up session. I doubt you can wreck yourself doing bodyweight pull ups.

10 dead hang wide grip pullups, 6'2" and 175

I can do 20 consistently but my forearms start to feel 'fuzzy' and numb by the 17th rep. I have no idea why this happens

13-14 bodyweight with good form. Just hit 45 lbs attached for 4x5

5'11" 156

The trick is to not care about legs quite as much as you do upper body.

nice

10 dead hang pull ups, 15 chin ups.

I'm a goblin tho so it probably helps.

5'8 164lbs

I get a weird popping sound in my elbow when I try pull-ups but I can do about 10 chinups for reps

I do 4x25, each last 5 strict and slow
6'2'' 175lb

0 chinups
0 pullups

I can hang from the bar for about 6 seconds, up from 0 last month

tfw fat

Last time I checked?
But my elbows are completely fucked now.

And I'm 6'3 and about 240ish pounds.

I can do like fifteen pullups as a normal set, seventeen if i'm really pushing it. I'm a 120 pound 5'2" manlet.

Never done one.. whats the propper technique?

pull urself up

scapula down and back, pull with your lats
chest to bar or u a bitchboi

I can do 5 or 7 but after that my form just starts sucking ass
Btw 5'7 170

10 pull-up, 10 chinup. 6'1" 235lbs, chinups bother the shit outta my elbows, maybe my grip is too narrow.

0 FeelsBadMan

Had a bad fall on my dirt bike 7 weeks ago, getting back on the horse doing negatives now like scoob tells me to, feeling good tho

Guessing about 20 with bw if rested

Currently doing 3x5 w. 35kg @ 83kg 190cm

I can do about 25 chin-ups and about 20 pull-ups, but I have to kip a tiny bit on that last few.

5'10, 160 (16 yo)

10-12 with palms facing in.
5-8 facing out.

I always forget which is pullups and which is chinps

~20
180lbs

I can do 8 from dead hang without kipping
264 lbs 6'7"

>10 deadhang chinups
>barely 1 deadhang pullup

idgi

6'2" with 92kg

Like 12 unweighted from hanging position with neutral grip, a few more if I don't do the full motion.
Currently doing 5 with 18 kg added

>hang from the bar with fully stretched arms
>pull yourself up
>don't use momentum, do it in a controlled movement
>try to keep your core straight
>pull yourself up until your chin is over the bar
>return to hanging position
>repeat

I thought i could do 20 but after filming myself i realized i was a doing half pull ups, i got tricked because i raise my chin above the bar but i didn't fully extent my arms.

Now i do dead hand pull ups and i can manage around 10 to 12

I can do 9 with 5lbs added, and about 8 chin ups with 5lbs added because I only started doing chin ups a month ago. I'm sure I'll progress quite fast because I started only being able to do 5 with no weight a month ago.

>chinups bother the shit outta my elbows, maybe my grip is too narrow.
shoulder wide?

Got up to 12/11/10/10/9 on fighter pullup program but was only doing pullups twice a week instead of 6 times a week as program has you do. Was doing we8ghted chins once a week and got up to 15kg for 6/5/5/4/3. Took a month and a half off gym travelling and struggle with 8 bodyweight pullups and 10 bodyweight chonups now. How long to get back to where i was do you guys reckon?

Goals are to be able to do 20 bodyweight pullups for one set or multiple sets of 15, and to do 20kg for 10 reps on chins.

I start very strict bringing chest to bar but last few reps i only get chin over. I go all the way down to straight arms but don't stop completely so still have stretch reflex helpibg me. Obv would have been able to do less had i paused at bottom but i am trying to get the reps in. Might play about with proper dead hangs as well. Like for bench and ohp i do pauses at chest when i deload and touch and go when it gets too heavy to pause.

5'11.75" emperor of manlets, courtesan of lanklets, the ying and the the yang, the avetar. 195lbs.

25 at bodyweight (pull-ups and chinups)

about 10-12 at +45lbs (that's my working weight)

5'11 180

Started from 6-7 at bodyweight during christmas break, adding weight really helped me unlock the "easy brah" mode

Bet you look aesthetic. Got a cb pic? No homo.

20 in a row but more if I can touch the ground

6'2" 210 lbs

Last time I did 9/6/4.
Do I keep going until I can do 10x3 or should I start doing 5x3 weighted soon?

I got 5 reps with 75 on a belt last pr 5'9 170 pounds

you probably should work on your overhead shoulder mobility.
to test it, stand up, raise your arm without arching your back one bit, keep those abs contracted, and see how far your arms go.
if they dont get to vertical, work on your lats flexibility and shoulder mobility

15 chinups, 11 pullups
could be some more because what I've been recently doing with them is 4xF with the goal in mind to improve the sum of reps each session, if not for the perspective of another 3 sets I maaaaybe could squeeze out another rep

23 chinups
21 pullups
but that was about 6 months ago when I was about 180cm/80kg
now at about 63kg and just did 20 pullups cold. might have to get back to working out again

if I can only do 3 chin ups (i weigh 105kg, 1,91 [~6'1]), should I do like 2 chin ups doing the negatives as slow as possible, should I do normal-speed-negatives to failure (8~10) or should I use pic related to achieve 10 regular chin ups?

>i know that is a pull up not a chin up

goddamit it is a chin up, couldn't tell from the thumbnails >.

i can do five pull-ups. ive never tried chinups. are they easier?

MODS

Ya should of just said you're 18 now all the sad cunts will try to get you banned

I can do 3x5 with 37.5 lbs plus my bodyweight (126 lbs), not sure how much without but know it's more than 12

Feels good being light, I did my first muscle up yesterday as well

Do as many chin ups as you can and then do negatives till the set is full. Keep doing that until you can do the entire set without negatives, then increase weights.

Unless that was a typo, 1,91m tall is not 6'1, it's almost 6'3

I can do about 5 right now, only ever try them at the start of my workouts and do as many as possible, I've been cutting down from being a fatty the past months and at the start of my cut I was 100kg and could do 0, now I'm at 90kg and can do about 5, and I think 6 chin ups (supinated grip).

i can consider myself the worst of the worst in this very thread
>3-4 slow pull ups
>around 58 kg
>around 180 cm

yeah you can

Chin up 20
pull up 15
Lot of bodyweight because army

174cm
80kg

12 chinups with good form, maybe 15 cheating the last few. i don't do hands away/pullups so i don't know

175cm height 86kg weight

+50 lbs 3x5 deadhang neutral grip
12 deadhang bw pullups
5'7 160lb

Have you tried smolov jr for chins? Im above the prerequisite added weight to be able to start it and get to a 125lb added 1rm but dont have the time to commit to it. I really want to do it but i want to see how it feels in your tendons and joints since i have previous injuries

here's some help

18 chins in a row
10 pull ups in a row

6'2" 185 lbs

>mediocre mid back, upper back and lats
>no lower back

do you not do squats and diddlys?

training for OAC atm, currently doing negatives, they give me the dirtiest rear delt doms I think I've ever had

6' 181lbs, probably need to cut before I'll manage a OAC but can do a weighted pull up with 132lbs added

can you front lever?

Spooky

alas I cannot, fucked up my lower back like a year ago doing lmao 1pl8 warm up deadlifts so my core is pretty shit desu :( been doing lots of hyperextensions for rehab and my hanging leg raises are starting to come along nicely again.. so maybe one day

can you?

no i am far too weak to do it at my weight but i would like to

good luck with the one arm chinup

>Can do 18 Pullups at 93kg.
Without warming up, that is.

Even less with chin ups because my wrists have problems staying in that position while fully extending my arms to a headhang.

fair enough, still worth working through the more basic progressions at a higher bw and then ofc when you cut you everything will be a lot easier

thanks a lot bbz :* if I ever manage it I'll post a vid so the fitizens can offer their 'constructive criticism'

10 pull-ups at 80kg. My back strength sucks dick compared to the rest of my body.

Only been lifting for about 8 months desu, squat 1rm is 275 and diddly 1rm is 315
What do you do for elbow and shoulder prehab? Im thinking of adding a ton of high rep low weight curls and facepulls maybe likr 3x12 or something.
Right now i just add german hangs and front lever progressions to strengthen my joints

I use an old-fashioned 'chest expander' for my shoulders (pic related, although i don't use this brand / style) I think it works the rear delts very well especially

for elbow I'd say it's important to have fairly balanced bi/tri strength and also to do lots of curls, both low weight high rep and high weight low rep. If elbows start to twinge/ache take it easy

straight chin-ups about 25 without pause
straight pull-ups more like 20
I only do bodyweight stuff so Im not as bulky as the other dudes here

I've always been able to do tons, like I can do 30 bw good form pullups pretty easily, if you let me rest by hanging on the bar I can do more.
5'11" 167lbs

this

barely one atm, working on it.

Chin ups are counted as pull ups for PFTs.
Its. A. Pull up.

6'1 176lbs

i can do 8

15 pull ups, also 15 chin ups because I don't do those.

24 chin, 12 pull.

Fat manlet checking in. 225 El-Bees.
7 neutral grip
5 underhand (chin up)
4 overhand (pull up)
Progression from barely hanging in about 2 months.

200lbs, 5'11 and I can do 3x10 full ROM chin-ups

5'9 185, 23 pull ups; USMC pending

30 chins
14 pulls

6 wide arm pull ups, 10+ normal pull ups, and 15 chin ups. My wrist is shit, though, so I hurt doing too many of them

If it had to choose one of either chinups or pullups, which one should i do?

12 pullups with added 10kg
Im a 171cm 69kg manlet so i guess that helps

10 pull-up last time I tried, think I could do more.
192 cm
95kg

I'd recommend either neutral grip chinups or pullups because of the better wrist positions. Ideally you should be doing both. They work about 95% of the same muscle with the same lat activation only difference is one works biceps a tiny bit more and the other works traps a little more.

Used to be able to do 30+ at my peak, now can do about 15 or so since i neglected pullups for a good while.