Tried absolutely everything under the sun to treat depression

>tried absolutely everything under the sun to treat depression
>countless supplements, exercise, healthy lifestyle, better sleep etc etc etc
>none of it works. almost worse than before I tried anything because all glimmer of hope is fading

wut do

Other urls found in this thread:

baytallaah.com/bookspdf/51.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9t7j1kD7yw&t=258s
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4662178/
youtube.com/watch?v=42Kn4f6Mgks
youtube.com/watch?v=IPzO5AC_Dlg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Read this:

baytallaah.com/bookspdf/51.pdf

it's not something that can be fixed with positive thinking

it's genetic. everyone in my genetic line has some form of mental illness. My mother is a depressed anorexic, my Dad socially anxious depressed beta, grandmother is bipolar, grandpa has severe anxiety, his sister an alcoholic, my other grandmother an alcoholic

that stuff is fine if the source of your depression is negative thinking

You have to be separate from it and acknowledge that it is a part of you. Feeling depressed is not your identity anymore than feeling hungry. Do what you have to do to give yourself a boost and just treat it like the temporary feeling that it is, much like anything else that washes over you.

Just be urself

have you tried talking to your doctor about medication?

There are anti depressants that make you gain weight, and at least one that makes you lose weight, so its kind of like a fitizen's autistic symbiotic partner if you actually treat it.

I can't talk that much shit, I can't mention anything resembling depression to my doctor until I know whether or not I am getting a job I need a clearance level for.

Have you considered suicide?

The fact that you think this is about positive thinking shows that you don't understand what is being said.

It's about understanding the very nature of how the mind works, and how through compulsive thought itself, people are more vulnerable to depression.

easy. nofap.

Therapy, srs.

100 times a day for the past 7 years

did it for a year. nothing happened

Weed

>Muh genetics
Accept responsibility for your wellbeing cuck

Do Wim Hof.
I know people who have cured serious kill themselves depression.

I think I could deal living with depression if it was just the sad feels but it's the way it makes me always feel tired and apathetic that's the worst.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9t7j1kD7yw&t=258s

How the fuck is this different from a fatty complaining about 'much genetics'. Fuck your genetics, get over yourself, this isn't some unique problem to you. Everyone gets sad and depressed, they find ways to cope through their actions and behavior. Look into CBT. It's easy to make it anyone can make iy

how is that method going in regards to your pending autism cure?

Wow, you just cured millions of people.
You should think about marketing your skills.

everyone seriously considers hanging themselves on an hourly basis?

depression is the complete inability to function in any normal capacity. it takes all my will to get out of bed after lying there staring at the ceiling for 2 hours

I feel you OP.
Lifestyle changes, positive thinking etc. did nothing for me.

I went to the shrink for the first time after 10+ years of feeling like shit and it looks like I've got chronic depression with long lasting major episodes.
Now I'm trying SSNRI but it is very unlikely that chronic depression can be cured...

I went through a really rough time during an existential crisis I had 5 years ago. I'm talking zombie mode for weeks, absolute fear for months, etc. Honestly scares me just typing this but I wanna help you.

For me the "fix" came down to having hope in my life. Once I fixed that ( I did so by getting the balls to transfer to a legit uni away from home) I slowly got better.

Best of luck OP

>tfw can't tell OP to kill himself without going to prison

have you tried an SSRI?

go talk to a therapist and he/she might recommend to your doctor prescriptions

it worked for me and lifted that cloud. but just prepare for those initial 2 weeks they are hell.

Drop some acid, relax, learn to see the beauty inherent in the universe

>these are the same people who post in fat threads "it's so easy, just stop eating"

Boo fucking hoo
The hardest red pill to swallow is that "genetic mental illness" is not some special disease, it's literally just you feeling sad and sorry for yourself

Take medication goddammit. If your leg is broken or you cough up blood, you go to the doctor, too.

If you really wanted to die the you'd be dead. You want someone to listen to you, go to a shrink they get paid to listen and give feedback. Stay off the internet.

>"tried anything under the sun"
>no medication

So you're depressed because you're retarded?

Go to a ketamine clinic for depression or buy it yourself and snort some lines, it's pretty much a miracle drug for depression you can research it

You will get better once you realize that you're already good. It doesn't matter what supplement or procedure you try, it won't fix you. People only believe that they get better because they force themselves to go through extremes. Same thing with shock therapy, people who are deemed incurable suddenly get better through placebo.

What's really wrong with your life, nothing? Then continue to supplement and do unnecessary things to try to convince yourself that something is wrong and therefore there's a solution, or just stop thinking about it.

An hero

Have you tried social relationships with people who like you for who you are inside?

Are you just playing or are you actually retarded?

Depression is a medical condition, so is manic depression, schizophrenia etc.

You might be able to snap out of it if you're depressed because your mum threw away your cum box.
If you're actually depressed you don't just snap out of it, just like you can't just decide for your foot to not be broken.

>implying it goes away

it's for life my dude

t. 27 year male with severe depression, dead end job, no gf, little savings, living in a sleep out alone

SSRI's are there so your economic productivity doesn't get too fucked, because once you lose your income, that's where it gets real gritty

some days are better than others, it's pretty much like playing the slot machines though. most days suck and i just go full automaton mode, compartmentalize my emotions, so nothing affects me at work.

every now and then a good day hits and i just take it for what it is. beggars can't be choosers

been on Sertraline 50mg a day for 6 months, it works, but not the way you expect it to. CBT is too expensive for me

as i said, it's for life (if it's Real Depression) otherwise, it's probably just a phase and can be attributed to where you stand on the dominance hierarchy or maybe you're just sad because you aren't keeping up with the Jones's

desu though no one cares, go fuck yourself, or don't

Do probiotics if you google them there are specific strains that are great for depression.

You can also just make your own and megadose them once you ease into it. Cabbage is like 2 bucks a head.

Stop taking drugs bitch, it just makes it worse

Narcanon pls

What finally fixed my depression was I realized not every day is going to be awesome, but instead most days should be neutral. I chose to be sad and depressed every day when, instead, I could have chosen to just been neither happy nor sad.

After that, its training yourself to not naturally be unhappy with things automatically

I bet all you niggers have ass smelling breath.
If so, you have bad gut flora which is fucking with your minds.
At least try fasting for a while or do keto.
Check yourselves for mercury poisoning.

unlikely

there isn't even any hard evidence linking that to anything

there is really weak correlation evidence, that's about it

gunna need some sauce there bud

>years of research on google to stumble upon this
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4662178/

Well its currently a big subject in sweden, at lunduniversity. 5kg of a human in bacteria and the ones in the gut control alot of the hormones.
In sweden you can get "thinhappy" cultures in a capsule containing poopie. :)

Also alot research on stress and obesity suggests that fat people are cynical by nature. So you are a fatty.

Femanon here. My unfortunate genetics have me a brain that doesn't produce enough serotonin. Growing up I was always dad and didn't know why. Found out about family history. Couldn't deal with depression anymore with college and shitty ex bf cheating on me. Doctor gave me Zoloft. I wish i took it years ago. It's been years now and i feel like a normal person.
So could be your brain is just not producing enough happy hormones and you need a supplement

Actually you're retarded. So what if some kike doctors say it's a medical condition. So is overeating (binge eating disorder). All the DSM for depression is is just a list of symptoms that almost everyone has. So your Jew doctor has total discretion of whether to decide if you're depressed or not. In reality """""depression"""" is just a cluster of symptoms that are a natural part of life. Funnily, these symptoms are often contradictory, sleeping too much and too little, similar with eating. If one of these synptoms is a problem, that is something that can be fixed independently. If you are sleeping too much for example, there are known methods to deal with that. Same with feeling low and sad. Absolutely nothing of value is gained by calling these symptoms """"clinical depression""" - the entire concept is fabricated by the medical and pharmaceutical industry to shill cover-all drugs.

But you don't care about all of this, you just want to be told by doctors that you feeling sorry for yourself is some external condition, that it's not because of anything you are doing. Well fine, stay miserable under that lie.

My uncle and grandpa killed themselves. Everybody in my family is either schizophrenic alcoholic or borderline. I used to be very depressed (meth addict LITERAL skelly), and while I wouldn't say that I'm not depressed now, it is certainly much better. Don't give up user, as much as you think you do, you never know what the future holds.

Become a pimp. It's the happiest way to live. Constant sex with multiple women at a time if you want. Laying around all day instead of working. Making a shitton of money. If you're not happy like that then there's no hope for you.

Try 5-htp, rebuilds your serotonin receptors aka happiness hormones

fuck off with your spiritual bs

Did you try steroids? Because that actually works. Your depression is the result of low testosterone.

>a list of symptoms almost everyone has
>everyone wants to kill themselves daily
>everyone can't experience joy or >happiness, they're all faking it
>everyone can't work or concentrate, even >if they force themselves as hard as they >can

You just don't know what the fuck you're talking about. And if you researched the subject and came to those conclusions, you might be severely retarded and should have your right to vote taken from you. I can't believe someone could be this fucking ignorant, holy shit

>hurrdurr big pharma, wake up user what you feel isn't what you feel just what the reptiloids tell you

Kill yourself.

>questioning things makes you fat

kek

>100 times a day for the past 7 years

>diagnosing someone over the Internet

You're clinically retarded.
Depression has been around long before there were industries that could monetize it.
Do you think popping pills and going to a shrink is fun? For some people it's the only possibility to get better and I'd rather see mental health being treated seriously than seeing people waste away their lives abusing alcohol and drugs.

>But you don't care about all of this, you just want to be told by doctors that you feeling sorry for yourself is some external condition, that it's not because of anything you are doing. Well fine, stay miserable under that lie.

I've never felt sorry for myself.

So enlighten me. What do you think depression is, actually? How do you identify it if it's not basically asking someone: "do you feel really really sad a lot?"

No, I think it's miserable, buts it's a way of shirking responsibility for your own happiness. Just like fat ppl do with "muh genetics". Veeky Forums is just a hugbox got people with """""depresssiom""""", which isn't to say that there aren't real mental disorders out there, many of which will make someone have symptoms of being sad. But being sad itself is a made up illness, it's nothing like, say, a broken foot.

My god. Depression isn't just feeling sad a lot.
Don't sleep for two days, eat normally on the first day and on the second just breakfast so that you're getting really hungry around noon. Skip the caffeine.

Think you can work then? No, I wouldn't think so. If you can, add another day, until even the thought of working for half an hour seems like an impossible task that you in no way have the energy to do. This is how someone with severe depression feels nearly all the time. No fucking energy, ZERO.

When someone close to you dies, can you enjoy stuff? Probably not. You feel like crying and nothing's fun. This is how someone with severe depression feels like several times a week. But without something to recognize as a cause and it comes back all the time.

This is just to show you how depression isn't your normal "i've had a shitty day". There's a lot more to it but I think you needed those analogies more than an concrete symptom list to understand that it's not just a period of time with bad mood.

>tried absolutely everthing
>didn't list doing a proper behavioral therapy instead of self treatment
is it 1980 again where we all act like psychotherapy is a meme or shameful?

Seriously, you should go out there and help people using your wisdom. You could make millions.

Just do it, what are you afraid of? Anxiety is a meme disorder.

The fact that it's immediate family tells me that you all do it to each other.

Leave home, go on an adventure. No seriously. If everything you do makes you sad, then leave it all behind.

>>tried absolutely everything under the sun to treat depression
>>countless supplements, exercise, healthy lifestyle, better sleep etc etc etc
i note that there's the absence of "went to see a doctor to correct the chemical imbalance in my brain"

that might be a good start

you did not mention actual meds.

they do help, user. I've been on fluoxetine for OCD for a long time and it does help. You don't even think about it, just a pill you need to take twice a day.

So yeah, get professional psychiatric help. I can only wish I had gone to my psychiatrist much earlier than I did.

Why not just kill yourself? It's not like you would've lived forever or something if you don't do it. You're just shortening your life by a few years.

Depression in its most ravenous forms is almost a lack of ability to feel anything positive, the same way a sociopath simply cannot emphasize with other people. You wouldn't tell a sociopath to just have a heart or something, and you can't tell chemically depressed people to somehow make this or that realization to become happier. Many times it is literally impossible.

All cases are different however, and assuming no depressed people are able to be helped is as stupid as assuming all can be helped.

all you edgy dickheads telling the guy to kill himself should grow up

like honestly, grow up.

Op go to a doctor, ideally a psychiatrist, but if that's too difficult just go to your gp and at least get the ball rolling

I was depressed for about 10 years, quite severely at some points (looking back I'm honestly surprised that i didn't kill myself) and until very recently i didn't seek any treatment for it. And in hindsight it seems like 10 years of my life were taken from me.. Now I'm figuring out that my diet probably has/had a lot to do with it, when i eat something that doesn't agree with me i basically have 0 energy for days and fall into a very negative state of mind. Now I'm taking an antidepressant and an trying to identify exactly what i can and can't eat (i will go to a doctor about this soon). However there are a lot of potential causes of depression, in most cases it is a combination of multiple factors, and honestly you probably won't be able to figure it out on your own.

I really hope you can make some progress with this. You don't have to do it all on your own, i really recommend that at the very least you speak to a doctor.

Get on steroids and dont come off.

Feeling good as a male is heavily dependent on dopamine, which testosterone and its derivatives activate extremely well.

For me, getting on hormones, the major difference was I obsessively started achieving things. Making goals and obsessively crossing them off. I found I had a fire to just do stuff, which I didnt before. I wasn't 'happy' at first. But I felt very purposeful. I felt that all the shit things in my life could be tackled and conquered.

Eventually, the things you need for true happiness will start to come to you; friends, girls, and eventually a higher purpose: perhaps a career, a decade long goal, a burning desire. Things men need in this life and have always needed.

Understand that depression seems deep and profound when youre in it; youre constantly thinking existentially, about the sorry state of the world, all your own missed opportunities and failures.

Once I got on hormones it became clear that there was literally just something physiologically wrong with me and now its fixed. I realized that all my deep existential thoughts, while not necassarily untrue, werent actually worth thinking about and theres a reason normal people dont - its pointless. You also gain back layers of emotion that youve probably long forgotten - you understand how people can enjoy a walk on the beach, a conversation etc. Because you yourself will now enjoy those things again.

Tl;dr get on steroids

By the way, you will at every turn encounter people giving you absolutely fucking useless advice, telling you depression doesn't exist. You already know it's real and you know it's not at all a simple thing to deal with, so you don't need to give them any attention. A medical professional (like i said, ideally a psychiatrist, if not then your gp) will help you

>expecting empathy on a mongolian basket weaving forum

have you looked into methylation and histamine issues?

Empathy is not caring about whether someone lives or dies, it's about being able to understand someone else's feelings. Someone is in misery and wants to die, it's the guy who wants to let that guy die who has empathy, not the guy who wants to force him to live, ignoring the suicidal guys feelings. Not saying OP is suicidal.

Anti Anxiety and Anti Depression medication helps me function without feeling like giving my 12 gauge a blowjob

Inject test
Seriously
Have you checked your test levels? Many guys who are depressed have really low test levels

that's not what 5htp does
it's just a precursor to serotonin

pretty good though would recommend. i always feel like shit if i miss a dose

Watch her stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=42Kn4f6Mgks

youtube.com/watch?v=IPzO5AC_Dlg

Yeah it's "bullshit" but feeling hopeless is the best time try bullshit. In fact you feel hopeless/depressed precisely to try stuff beyond your usual comfort zone: if you would always feel amazing you wouldn't get into "stupid" stuff like that.

>thinking spiritual=religious

Never gonna make it.

>chemicals in the brain not working the same as 99% of people
>dude just get your shit together

You are so fucking stupid it hurts.

sounds like the curtains closing on you

Where's the proof?

>chemicals in the brain not working the same
that's what my doctor said to me when I got my diagnosis

MDD has been studied by taking MRI scans of patients with depression have revealed a number of differences in brain structure compared to those who are not depressed. Meta-analyses of neuroimaging studies in major depression reported that, compared to controls, depressed patients had increased volume of the lateral ventricles and adrenal gland and smaller volumes of the basal ganglia, thalamus, hippocampus, and frontal lobe (including the orbitofrontal cortex and gyrus rectus).[300][301] Hyperintensities have been associated with patients with a late age of onset, and have led to the development of the theory of vascular depression.[302]

OP don't listen to these underage/uneducated armchair psychologists talking about something they have zero knowledge about. Mental illness is serious and is often ignored because "you just have to man up!". No. Don't suffer unnecessarily.

If you've really tried non-pharmacological methods to get rid of your depression, then it may be time to talk to your doctor about antidepressants. It's very possible that you have something wrong with your neurotransmitters, receptors, whatever (and it's probably likely the case given your family history).

Jesus Christ why do /pol/ cucks think this kind of attitude applies to all areas of life.

If I have painful plaque psoriasis, I should seek medication, I should just man-up and accept my situation no matter what; don't ever use tools proven to make your life easier

>100 times a day for the past 7 years

holy shit are you literally me?

LMFAO dude you should really stfu about things you have no knowledge about

Meds

>>tried absolutely everything under the sun to treat depression
>>countless supplements, exercise, healthy lifestyle, better sleep etc etc etc
No, you haven't, and none of those things actually do anything.

..and don't you DARE go get antidepressant pills. They're TOXIC and will RUIN you.

Go look up 'cognitive therapy'. THAT is the long-term solution.

Also I'm assuming you're YOUNG, and as such you don't have enough experience in life to understand the truth of living: You are not SUPPOSED to be 'happy' 24/7/365. Being down sometimes is NORMAL and NATURAL and EXPECTED. It's only the media, and the pharma-medical-industrial complex that try to convince you that you need to be 'happy happy happy ALL THE TIME' and if you're not then you need PILLS. It's bullshit.

Basics of Cognitive Therapy:
Negative patterns of thought about the self and the world are challenged in order to alter unwanted behavior patterns or treat mood disorders such as depression.

This is a LONG TERM solution for your LIFE. Use it.

>auto downloaded pdf upon click
Christ what have you done to my pc

Tried this. Now I have a ketamine dependency and no way to obtain it. Whoops.

The Buddha was right.

Life is suffering.

The only way to combat this is distraction.
The easiest way to distract yourself is to interact with other people.
Even if you hate social interaction, even if you hate most people, interacting with others is endlessly distracting.
People are unfathomably complex, in an individual basis, let alone a group of people.
It's a simulation that is too large for your brain to totally work out.
So it resets your brains priorities and perceptions and forces you to focus on the more immediate and localized scenario of interacting with other humans.

If you're thinking about how not to make an ass out of yourself, you're not thinking about how life is suffering.

Alcohol may also help or hinder depending on your personal context.
For some, alcohol is simply a means of borrowing happiness from tomorrow.

That said.
Go out. With friends. With anybody (go to a meetup.com thing if you must). And socialize.

Try testosterone.
I did and since then everything is better.
I'm about to start the post cycle therapy but I believe it fixed my "depression" permanently.

I was pathetic just 3 months back.
Constantly afraid to fail at everything, even the easiest tasks, yet I knew my to be capable.

I even have a girlfriend now, family and friends were so surprised by that they didn't even notice the size I've put on.

he should be careful with them tho, they even the things out, but there are no more highs and lows
And you need highs and thirst for highs to improve, I guess the best way to do it is to stabilize for a year or so, and then go out straight without meds

See a doctor maybe?

Dan Harmond, the creator of Rick and Morty is the person responsible for World Peace being cancelled. We need to troll the shit out of his trash cartoon and destroy him. Also MDE is selling merch now on their website. Buy a tshirt, they are badass.

>If you're thinking about how not to make an ass out of yourself

Sounds like a horrible situation that would cause me a lot of suffrage.

I was depressed for 2 years. I started getting better after 1.5y but what really made it fade was a holiday.
I took a holiday to Thailand for 2 months and spared no expenses, I got drunk, high, went places alone, fucked a prostitute, dated a tranny, met a girl, ate expensive food, and bought new clothes.
I think at that point I was past any fear, I didn't care about consequences or opinions which allowed me to be comfortable in any scenario. But the girl I met made me stabilize when I needed it (nofap helps meeting girls). I'm a far better person than I ever was before.
Now I work out and eat clean to maintain a sane mind because my biggest fear is to go back to that state of mind.

The main problem with people who say they have legit depression is that they lack perspective. They think that life is about fun and enjoying yourself, and since they aren't doing that, then there's some genetic/clinical problem with them. Newsflash dipshits, life is about personal trials and overcoming them, if you don't want to live then just kill yourself, otherwise stop playing the victim and face the fact that you're a weakling

>I tried anything
You haven't tried TCM, TEM or Ayurveda.