Accidental keto

So I think I accidentally put myself into ketosis?
Been having mct oil every morning in my coffee for the past 3 days and eggs and bacon every morning, now it's day 4 and I Just woke up with what I think is keto flu, nauseous, peeing alot, mental fog, tired, need to say I felt perfectly healthy the other day. Ketofags, did I accidentally become one of you?

If you've kept your carbs below 20g then yes. Eat potassium magnesium and salt. You get keto glue when your body is low on electrolytes.

Didn't even think this was keto at first, just had a bowl of oatmeal this morning. Having lemon water now and I'm feeling a bit better. My carbs been lower than normal, had a few burgers on wheat buns over the 3 days ,maybe a slice of bread each day, carbs are probably under 30 or 40 each day. What can I do to get magnesium and other stuff to help this? I need to be at work soon

Should I eat a bunch of carbs? Will that take me out of this? I found keto interesting but I really wasent prepared to do it for another few months, I have a physically demanding job and I can't be out for even a day, help me out here guys! I just had some lemon water and some salt in it and the nauseous is going down, I pooped and peed 4 times in the past 2 hours and i just feel very fuzzy and dizzy right now, Pls help

if you want, but keto flu is just an electrolyte deficiency. only idiots who dont do research get keto flu

So will carbs reverse this quick? I'm munching on some bread like a bitch over here

i doubt you were even in ketosis anyways lol you might just be actually sick. if it was really keto flu though some carbs would probs help, but you dont need to binge on as many as possible

Doubt it, I haven't gotten sick in years, I'm just not a sick person. Starting to feel better though with some carbs and salt water. Any other tips on kicking this shit asap? Just want my sweet carbs and glucose back

Its more like under 150g for the average will put you into ketosis.

4 days will start the process, but its more like 3 weeks before the adaptations really kick in.

um no sweaty its more like 20-30. 50 if you're fat adapted

Dude at 4 days you are not in ketosis. You are at the point where your glycogen levels have bottomed out and not getting replaced as your body is holding all "sugar" in reserve as it thinks you are "starving" so your brain can continue to run on glucose.

Actually its a whole bunch of things. Electrolytes just being one of them. Depending on the level of activity and how fast the individual adapts to ketosis can cause fuel like symptoms. Seriously you should understand what you are talking about before opening your yap.

If you ate oatmeal and slices of bread you're not in ketosis

No sweaty less than 100g is ketogenic. Less that 150g for most people.

I suggest you do a little reading.

Wrong. You can eat carbs are not only remain in ketosis, but go into ketosis.

I suggest you read a book on the topic.

no hunni

just finished off a few glasses of water with salt in it, some homemade vegetable juice, and 2 slices of bread, feeling better. still feeling kinda shitty, but im good. thanks for help guys. lets make this a general keto talk.

source????

I suggest you start with "The Ketogenic Diet: A complete guide for the Dieter and Practitioner"

From that book address your specific goals with detailed reading on what you want to do.

That said keep in mind a great deal is unknown about ketosis especially long term studies.

You can say no all you like. Call me sweaty or hunni, but it wont change the facts that one can be in ketosis and consume carbs.

Why because you ate differently than normal and had a physiological reaction?

What happened is your body thought you were starving and made the adaptions to survive and then began to prepare to move away from its preferred fuel source.

'A few wheat buns' '1 slice of bread per day' 'bowl of oatmeal'

1 slice of bread alone has 11.6 gr of carbs. He definitely consumed too much carbs to put him into ketosis you fucking autistic faggot.
>bbbbbut you can eat carbs while in keto, r-r-read about it.
The insignificant small amount of carbs you can eat doesn't matter, if he ate all that he's not in ketosis, he's just low on energy cause he's going on a hard deficit you moron.

>alot

how can someone be this retarded. The person just started, he should be getting as little carbs as he can hunni to be in keto

You can go into ketosis on under 100g a day dependent on the individual.
I remain in ketosis under 60g a day. If he's anywhere near right with the under 40 estimate then he could well be dumping glycogen on his way into ketosis.

In which case I would say either eat some carbs or, if you want to carry on with ketosis, start putting salt on you meals and maybe have a cup of bullion or broth to bring up your electrolytes because you're gonna be pissing them all down the toilet for a little while.

Doesn't matter. If he wants to go into keto faster, he can drastically cut carbs to under 20g and he will deplete his glycogen stores quicker... But you can still move into ketosis, over a longer period of time, with pretty much anything under 100g depending on the individuals physiology.
I'd say stay under 50g to make sure.

Going under 20g isn't necessary.

The simple fact of the matter is you can eat carbs while in ketosis and remain in ketosis. You can even go into ketosis while eating carbs.

In the case of OP he didn't eat all the carbs in one day it was over a couple of days.

I highly doubt he was in ketosis as that takes weeks to fully adapt.

Ketosis is not the absence of carbs its the switch to using Protien and FFA's as the primary fuel source.

The problem is the average person who thinks they understand ketosis is a moron like you who simply knows very little let alone how to train while uses ketosis as a tool.

Then again this is /fit home of the retards.

It's amazing the amount of retard who believe an imaginary carb amount instantly cuck you of keto , they don't understand that they are tons of enzyme involved and your degree of ketosis is on a spectrum .

Some literally believe that at 35g you're in keto but at 45 g "poof" not keto anymore .

Lol 100 grams is fucking 400kcal, you're absolutely delusional

Learned something new. Average person will enter and maintain keto if they eat under 100g of carbs a day. Its very rare for people over 100g. Most people just start stupidly low because it lets them hit keto faster and test their carb limit.

Wow, lot of good info here. I didn't realize keto was a few weeks thing, I didn't know much about keto, just that saturated fats - carbs =keto. Over 3 days I barely had any carbs, maybe a bun or slice of bread a day, really not alot. I ate a bunch of carbs today though to get back to normal. Didn't realize keto was that long of a process to get in to. Thanks guys, you guys saved me from being bent over the sink all day.

Not delusional at all. You just don't have the level of understanding on the topic that is needed to intelligently discuss it.

If this keeps up go get yourself checked for diabetes, these were the symptons I was displaying before I got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.

We're the symptoms constant? I feel 80% better after this morning, not nauseous, no mental fog, feel less tired but still tired and not peeing as frequently. This morning I must have peed straight clear liquid twice every hour.

ketosis is the natural state your body goes into during a fast by the way. during a fast you aren't actually in starvation mode like you would be if you were on a calorie restricted diet. instead your body uses the fat you eat as well as the body fat you have stored to produce ketones and fuel your body's functions. and for functions that require glucose the glycerol backbone of fat is broken down and used for that.

keto actually takes a few days to get into while your glycogen stores are used up. however becoming FAT ADAPTED and telling your body that it now runs on fat is something that takes weeks. and when you are fat adapted it becomes a lot easier to get back into keto once it is broken.

The came and they went but they became more consistent as time went on, also dramatic weight loss.

So after a few days of doing that my body would be running on ketones mostly but it would take a few weeks for my body to run effectively on just ketones? Sorry, looking for layman's terms here

Generally speaking its 3 weeks to fully adapt.

The amount of carbs one eats during the adaptation can slow the process it can even retard the full adaptation.

A person who is in deep ketosis can also refill glycogen from carbs especially if they manipulate the body.

Ketosis is a very powerful tool and understanding it and its process can be used to your advantage especially in terms of low carb non keogenic diets.

So ketosis isent some diet that you go on 24/7 but a diet you go on periodically? I'm still a bit lost

pretty much.

for weight loss keto is amazing. however there is a bit of science that shows it will affect gains. glycogen stores in your muscles are there to help deliver a quick boost of energy to your muscles during exercise. this is the case with lifting. so without the glycogen there it might affect your gains (you might be lifting less and thus gaining less). quite a few of the keto youtubers i follow are on keto full time though and look pretty ripped.

it's a great tool for weight loss. but to be honest keto and intermittent fasting (fasting for most of the day then eating in a short period of time) can change the way you look at food and kind of 'resets' your appetite.

You nailed it. Which is also why keto tends to suck for cheat meals. Eat a big enough meal to knock you off keto and it can take a few days to get back in depending on your body/workouts resulting in only getting in about 2-3 days worth of burn.

You can go on keto full time. If you really want to think of it in simple terms then just think of it as a high fat, low carb diet rather than the regular low fat, high carb.

Yes and No.

Ketosis is a metabolic state not a diet. Certain types of diets use the metabolic state for various reasons. Weight loss, epilepsy and in some cases endurance athletes.

Understanding how it works is what is important.