QTDDTOT

old one is near 300.

Whats the best way to add mass to triceps? My tris look sad.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tendinosis#Diagnosis
imgur.com/a/wP4mp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is shrimp the best meat that you can eat for cutting/protein intake? Will something happen if i just eat shrimps and eggs for 1 month straight?

>Whats the best way to add mass to triceps?
Same as with any other muscle group: keep getting stronger within a moderate rep range.
Best exercises are dips and close grip presses. These exercises allow you to use the most total weight, which means it's easier to keep making progress. Increase your 10RM in the close-grip bench press from 70kg to 90kg for example and your triceps will be bigger.
You can supplement with isolation exercises such as skullcrushers.

What do I eat to have the highest amount of natural testosterone possible?

I used to be very fat ( 450 lbs) and decided to do the stomach surgery ( I regret this decision too ).

Now I am at 180 lbs and don't know what to do , my body looks 100% weird , mostly because I have no muscles ( skinny fat ).

Should I start bulking hard or just eat at maintenance?

I am 6'2

Why does every successful bodybuilder have back/joint problems? Is there literally no way to get big without fucking yourself up badly?

What do I use to look as close as possible to that?

Certain roids are "dry" and tend to damage your joints overtime

I'm not sure that they do, but realize that there's a massive difference between training for good health and training for maximum performance or muscle mass. Basically if you try to take it to the limit, you usually end up finding your limits.

If you're 22 years old you won't understand, but as someone who's been lifting for 9 years now, I can tell you that my #1 focus is avoiding injury and unnecessary wear and tear, because those things are what mainly mess up progress.
That means I never try to do as much volume as I can. I don't lift weights 6 times a week. I don't try to max out all the time. I try to train my body in a balanced fashion.

Sadly, the most effective exercises - namely the big barbell lifts - are also the exercises that will fuck you up the most over the years. I use a football bar for my bench pressing and try not to do too much of it, while I use more joint-friendly alternatives to accumulate some volume e.g. ring push-ups.

John Meadows is known for creating safe, for lack of a better word, bodybuilding programs. John Rusin has adopted many of his principles and try to sell his programs to a less hardcore audience. So that might be a place to start.

My best advice is to not neglect any part of your body. That means make sure to train your abs and glutes for example. Don't let anything become extremely tight. And don't fucking lift every day. Is this the fastest way to get big and strong? No. But it'll keep you going for longer.

> 22 years old
hey, I'm totally not 22 years old, where'd you pull that number from

If you don't lift for about a week and lose weight, is that fat or muscle? Basically whoch od the two do you lose.

eat clen and tren hard

how yoel got it was by winning olympic wrestling medals

if you lose weight its gonna be a bit of both. really depends how much of a deficit you're on.

What is the best dumbbell-only plan? I can work out every single day so I was thinking some kind of PPL routine.

I went on vacation for a week and ate a LOT of fatty foods, but when I came back I didnt gain or lose any weight. Is this because I lost a lot of muscle?

just go to the gym and see if you're weaker. nobody here can really say

you can do that.
venison you killed yourself.
maintenance for while.
overuse.
muscle is hard to lose, your body will prioritize just about everything else first. its probably not fat or muscle tho its prob water.
prob increased TDEE. plus to gain weight you have to eat a lot consistently, a few days of heavy eating wont be all absorbed as fat instantly.

unless you're at a low body fat level (it sounds like you still have to lose) you should continue to lose weight. Lift while you do.

Shrimp I'm p sure has mercury in it so you should be wary of how much you ingest. That said I think it's on the lower end of things so you should be allowed like 3-5x more than tuna or otherwise.

Is cardio before workout a huge no-no?
Since I have a new gym membership, I can now (as usually) cycle to work (7-8km, gets me pretty warmed up, since its slight uphill), hit the gym, take a shower and go to work...
>Will I fuck up my muscle gains with cardio before weightlifting?

I have pain on the left side of my bellybutton when I'm doing one arm pulldowns with my left arm. I'm at the gym right now, should I stop doing this? What's causing this? When I do it with the right arm there's no pain.

I lifted today since I didn't on thursday, making up for that. I have a night shft tonight, are my gains wasted if I can only sleep tomorrow morning?

So, I have had this reoccuring issue that has come and go for a couple years now (I think earliest occurence was circa 2012) and I've had it checked out then at the hospital and they thought it could be a pulmonary embolism (not sure why), anyway they ran a bunch of tests and found that it wasn't that, but gave me a cream for the itch I guess that did jack shit really, but eventually it passed.
It relapses for a couple weeks, then goes away for months at a time. I really forget about it sometimes.
A few days ago it started again, here are the symptoms I feel :
>incredible itchiness in the areas (see pictures)
>as a result scratch, area swells and becomes painful (more details in pics)
>white dots with red patches around develop
>eventually leave it alone for fear of tearing skin and bleeding
>it subsides within a couple hours to a day depending on the depth of swelling
>sometimes the areas are so inflamed it hurts to apply pressure by walking on the foot.
>there never was a lump/bump in the areas except from general couple mms bloating from swelling.

So I did some research, found out an anatomical depiction of the area, and associated the issue to the mid-portion of the calf where is the junction of calf muscle and achilles tendon (see pic related), and so far I've exclused these :

>achilles tendonitis: I have no lump or bump to suggest this is tendonities, and can easily support myself on the concerned foot/feet.
>tenosynovitis : though it does happen to other parts of my body somewhat frequently (fingers, wrist and elbows only), it doesn't look or feel like it is displaced to me, though I could be wrong.
>rupture (?) : If it was the case, I couldn't walk

I think tendinosis sounds like what I have, but I really need a second unbiased opinion. Here's what leads me to believe that this is it.
>"Symptoms can vary from an ache or pain and stiffness to the local area of the tendon, or a burning that surrounds the whole joint around the affected tendon."
cont

and continued...

>"the tendon and joint area can become stiffer the following day as swelling impinges on the movement of the tendon."
Source : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tendinosis#Diagnosis

The pictures are here, please disregard my dirty feet, pls no bully : imgur.com/a/wP4mp

I feel a dull pain in my knees for a few moments and then it goes away, this has been reoccurring for the two weeks I've started lifting.
Anything to worry about?

Can I build just as much stamina doing swimming HIIT vs regular swimming?

Rate my routine (cutting currently)

A:
Bench press 2x5, 1x5+
Deadlift 1x5+
Cable row 3x8-12
Chinups 3xAMRAP

B:
OHP 2x5, 1x5+
Deadlift 1x5+
Weighted chinups 2x5, 1x5+
Chinups 3xAMRAP

With two sets of planks after each workout

Which 1RM calculator is more reliable?
symmetricstrenght or exrx

they're pretty far apart

SHIT FUCK SHIT I did some more research and I figured out that the doctors might actually have been right to suspect that I had a pulmonary embolism, because god damn :
>suggested image in research for "tendonitis calf pain" looks very similar to what I have, click on it
>it's actually an article on how to differentiate between tendonitis and DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis).
>The latter looks actually like a version of what I have (except mine is milder, and it's been going on for years on and off?)
>look up DVT
>it can lead to pulmonary embolism
>it all makes sense now

I gotta get some blood thinners to get these clots out of my legs veins, and if it doesn't get better I gotta have some Pta clot injections for complete removal. They actually found the cure in 2008. Thank god for being born in this era.
However, the Pta clot injection procedure sounds really awful. I'll do it anyway before I lose my fucking legs like some people do.
Hope this helps anyone that has a similar problem...

everything in moderation, user

How do I fix this ? Any exercises for the jaw ?

Should I just not eat white rice anymore if I'm trying to cut? It's hard since I grew up eating white rice with everything.

It's bone structure not muscle. You can increase the size of your massesters by chewing gum consistently. I suggest you read up on Dr. Mike Mew's work. If you're done growing, you're not going to see any results really. Go to lookism(dot)net

Does getting a pump actually make your muscles appear larger? Or do they just feel that way

Thanks, will do

>Go to lookism
That is not good advice for anyone

There's more blood in them so yea there bigger

What should I do then ?

no you will prob be tired tho.
do both. do cardio for distance at sustain speed then at HIIT.

You can keep eating white rice as long as you stay below your maintenance calories.

Do try chewing hard stuff (IE mastic gum), look up Mike Mew and try that, and grow a beard if you can. Also obviously plastic surgery is an option. That is as far as you'll get from lookism as constructive criticism goes, but with that they'll also tell you to kill yourself because you're not a 9/10 male model.

Thanks ! I am looking into it

Guys, how do I deal with dark circles under my eyes? I get atleast 8 hours of sleep every night, maybe it's just my genetics?

You can't, unless you're really sleep deprived it's just a body fat/bone structure issue
get used to looking like a creep no matter what for the rest of your life, welcome

Are bodyweight routines a meme or do they actually work? I've not lifted for a year and I'm in a position where bodyweight is all I have available. Are there any proven routines? How slow is the progress compared to a routine with many compound lifts?

Help me fit. I hit plateau at bench press (lmao1pl8) because my wrists hurt and bend as they are about to snap. I looked for different ways to position my wrists but it doesnt feel right. What do

Start over with proper form

Are you trying to be a powerlifter or are you trying to be aesthetic?

Could anyone tell me if i'm going about this the right way?

I'm 6ft and 60kg, I've worked out my TDEE is 2200 but I want to bulk so I'm going to be eating between 2700 and 3000.

Going to start going to the gym for the first time ever once I move back to college, so until then I'm just going to eat at my maintenance so I don't just gain fat

My plan is to do starting strength for about one month so I can work on form and get used to the exercises and then more onto a program more suited for aesthetic once I feel comfortable/confident to do so.

if anyone has any advice for me that would be great

Bodyweight exercises absolutely "work". They're every bit as effective as lifting weights. The problem with bodyweight exercises however, is that while you can make progress on a barbell lift by simply slapping on an extra pair of plates, to make progress on a bodyweight exercise you'll soon have to learn a more difficult variation of the exercise.
Progressive overload is the one fundamental principle you cannot violate if you want results. And since it's easier or at least simpler to progress barbell lifts, that automatically becomes the best option. But that doesn't mean that bodyweight exercises don't work. They do.

Make sure the barbell rests directly above your forearms and not behind them.

Sounds like a great plan.

thanks user, just seen so much conflicting information i've been overthinking what to do

depends on your goals
if they're your only option I would definitely do it

I want to squat low bar, but everything hurts when I do. My shoulders hurt, my elbows hurt, my triceps hurt, my wrists hurt.

wat do

any of you know a way to download entire youtube playlists? I dont mind the lower quality since it's just for when I lift
I usually CD's or torrent but some shit just isnt available

Is this a solid full body workout to do 3x a week? goal is to lose weight while building some beginner muscle. I've been alternating this routine and a cardio workout 6 days a week with 1 rest day for 2 months now and have been losing weight steadily.

>Leg press 3x10
>Lying leg curl 3x10
>Lat pulldown 3x10
>chest press 3x10
>rowing 3x10
>shoulder press 3x10
>tricep dip 3x10
>bicep curl 3x10
>ab crunch 3x10

I'm busy on weekdays running and shit. If i only lift on weekends can I still gain muscle?

no, follow one of the popular programs

link? I don't like to use free weights because I'm new and have shit form and don't want to get injured. I've been using machines exclusively until I build strength.

read the sticky

doing more weight on machines won't magically give you good form with free weights.
read the sticky

fuck I feel like a dumbass who just wasted weeks of time doing shit lifts...thanks guys

Is there some kind of magic ass dressing out there that won't add too many carbs to a salad? Could I put whey in it?

The only reasons for eating salad are vitamin K and nitrates.

We all wasted time in the beginning, it's part of learning.
every day is a struggle, try always to learn and become incrementally better every day, no point in dwelling in the past

read the starting strenght pdf for some technical knowledge, look up guides on the barbell lifts, alan thrall, canditohq, omarisuf, scooby all have good how-to guides.
work on your mobility: mainly squatting, standing pike, hip/adductors, pec major/minor and overhead mobility aka shoulders and lats

Visiting Germany soon. Where to buy good food and what is good food in Germany?

better than being an autist that overthinks the whole process and never actually begins.

stay in africa

>stay in africa
I can't. Need to do some work for the Germans.

find an italian grocery store.
german food is utter trash

My shoulders are sore when i move them up and back. I can't tell if it's muscle pain of if I'm grindng my rotator cuff to dust.

They don't hurt when I'm lifting though, and I'm watching my form closely on shoulder exercises. Could it just be a slight strain?

Both have very high amounts of dietary cholesterol, I think 3 oz of shrimp is 66% recommended DV and 3 whole eggs will put you over. They'll be fine to eat up to an extent, you don't want to be eating 500% of your RDV dietary cholesterol daily. Salmon/tilapia is probably the best meat, maybe chicken
>inb4 muh dietary cholesterol doesn't effect blood cholesterol levels
post sources

Should I replace my Upper/Lower split with German Body Composition?

Mobility work

Is PPL considered bodybuilding, powerlifting, or olympic? This is assuming you can't just call it PPL. What is it closest to?

Got a name?

How do I stop my hips from shooting up on my deadlift?

My focus is to tuck my chin as part of bracing my core and to visualize pushing my hips forward while squeezing the glutes.

Backwards tilt.

Neck gains.

I'm a fucking skelington and whenever I try to eat more then usual I'm filling up very fast and don't feel good for 30min after eating.
What kind of food will help me put some weight on without filling me up like that?

Lifting and protein.

Yeah I figured that's what I need to do but in mfp I entered my current weight and goal weight and it's telling me to eat 2400 fucking calories per day to gain 500g per week.
Even for gaining 250g it says 2150.

What kinds of foods are you eating? Feeling bloated/tired after a meal is due to eating too many carbs.

do i need more than 40 lbs on each dumbbell if im just starting out lifting

well, too many carbs
fugg I need to change my habits

If I'm doing full body 5x5 3x a week, generally how much muscle am I supposed to gain a week? Every morning the number fluxuates and I can't understand the direction it's going when it's always different.

>post sources
look them up yourself nigger, it's literally the consensus

TRACK YOUR CALORIES
DONT BINGE IN 3 MEALS PER DAY
IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE NIGGER
READ THE FUCKING STICKY

Good genetics, good eating, good sleep = ~250 grams of muscle per week. But you're also gonna gain some fat on top of that.

Are lifting shoes necessary for a relative novice? Could I get away with tennis shoes and those lifting inserts that are much cheaper than lifting shoes?

when does cardio start making you catabolic?

>starting freshman year in the fall
>free gym for students
Is this the best time for me to get fit? Does the gym usually get crowded at the beginning of the semester?
It seems like starting strength is a good enough program to start with. If I asked, I should be able to get help with using the weights and all yeah?
Also, is there anything I should do before SS?
5'7 125lbs

>free gym for students
>Is this the best time for me to get fit?
hhhhhuhhhhhhh user FREE gym I don't know man that sounds risky

PPLPPLx is bodybuilding.

PxPxLxx is anything. It's powerlifting if Push = Bench+accessories, Pull is deadlift+accessories, Leg is Squat+accessories

1.6m trap bar = 30kg
2.1m trap bar = 45kg
is this normal? if I wanted to do 700 pounds would I need the 2.1m one or would the other be fine?

gym probably will be crowded at the start of the semester but if you pick your times well it won't be so bad. As the semester progresses many people will lose motivation and stop going

If I eat slowly do I gain more or less weight?

I figure, yeah

My friend, the best time to get fit is as soon as you're able to. You are bound to have crowded days at the gym, so it's stupid to let that stop you.

careful for the cholesterol (its the precursor to testosterone but too much will fuck you up at any age natty or not), that being said animal based protein is more anabolic than plant based protein (Check out protein absorption rates whey and pork are amongst the least wasteful/fastest absorption)

cholesterol is the 4th macro (micro probably) I track as it is the direct precursor to testosterone, cut soy, make sure your milk is of good standards (some countries are far better than others, NZ is very good) other than making sure you have a wide variety of foods to meet micro RDAs you wont be able to change far from the normal bounds (limit alcohol as well, and nicotine is an aromatase inhibitor)

certain roids make you stronger and increase muscle mass (common sense) but dont cause the same growth in tendons etc so they dont keep up and you end up lifting more than they can take thus injuries occur

DBs and PPL are both not optimal for a variety of reasons (DBs dont allow for heavy weights and if you are buying heavy DBs why not just invest in an olympic bar + plates) and PPL has squat and deadlift (amongst others) as core lifts neither of which you can do optimally with only DBs or maintain good progressive overload, probably best off doing bodyweight + DB routine instead

The reason cardio is not advised for beginners is that not only does it deplete glycogen storage effectively making successive lifts weaker but it increases TDEE significantly (dependent on time done) you can watch PictureFit on youtubes explanation for a more indepth understanding of this, its just not worth it

pulmonary embolism or that kidney failure thing due to break down in muscle protein from stupid amount of calf raises (the name i cant remember) typically happens if you do like 5x50 calf raises

how many days etc? ABABABx? Whats your goal? Ill feedback after that