21yo, 6'1, 220, no clue what my body fat % is. Highly physical job but I spend all my free time in my computer chair...

21yo, 6'1, 220, no clue what my body fat % is. Highly physical job but I spend all my free time in my computer chair. Eating habits have been pretty bad most of my life, was really obese at one point but I lost a lot of weight and gained some muscle (I think) at my current job.

first day of getting jacked. Lifted for an hour, 25lb dumbbell. Did bicep curls into shoulder press, dumbbell bench press one arm at a time, dumbbell pullovers, and goblin squats. 10-20 reps to failure, 3 sets. drank a big ass protein/creatine shake this morning and will drink one later today.

never posted on Veeky Forums before and I know this is a little bit cringy but am I doing this right? could use some tips on diet/things I do or don't need/how often to work what muscles.

read the Veeky Forums or r/fitness sticky and get started

good luck

shit I didn't see it mb

no you're not doing it right

join gym, do compounds. SL with some extra isolations works well. read sticky

Gyms are super expensive and preppy around where I live. Also needing to get out of my house and drive somewhere public to work out just kind of kills my motivation. I'm going to continue to expand my tools every month or so.

>bicep curls into shoulder press, dumbbell bench press one arm at a time, dumbbell pullovers, and goblin squats
Aren't all the exercises I did today compound upper body exercises?

start running tubby

"Preppy".

Stop being embarrassed, pay for the gym membership, and go to the gym. Otherwise buy a power cage and olympic barbell and weight set for your house.

sounds like a bunch of shitty excuses. if you had to visit the uni to train your mind, would it also "kill your motivation"? yeah no, you're just lazy as fuck

and no, they're not all compounds. read sticky

>Goblin squats
This is bait right?

put down the fork.

Read the sticky.

You look to be in the range of 30% body fat.

Lower the time you spend lifting and focus on cardio (preferably something that isn't taxing on the knees like a treadmill) for the first few weeks.

Improve diet and read the sticky. Also go easy on the protein shakes as they can be pretty high calorie. You only need one post workout.

>tfw 6'1" and 270lbs

>Translation: I'M A PUSSY AND I LIKE TO SUCK DICK

holy shit
my long distance bf that im going to meet is 5'11" and 270
he's probably really fat despite having a cute face :/

cmon man I just started idk what's wrong with goblin squats

it really isn't. I'm absolutely serious about continuing this for all of the foreseeable future, I want to be healthy. I have a spare room to lift, what I don't have is $45-60 a month to blow on a membership that as I said, harms my motivation to lift in the first place.

Yea I noticed that my protein shake was like 500 calories or some shit if I used milk. I'll begin focusing on cardio. Thanks a lot and sorry about missing the sticky

Shoo shoo squat goblin

Cos they're called goblet squats

more cringe than op :/

I could never picture how fat 270 is. Mow that I see OP is fat at 220, I'm worried

>I'm absolutely serious about continuing this for all of the foreseeable future
yet
>$45-60 a month and a bit of a drive
>harms my motivation

You don't sound 'absolutely serious'. You're choosing to play around with some 25lb dbs rather than going to a real gym. If you don't have a spare $45/ month to spend on the gym, you sure as hell don't have enough money to set up a sufficient home gym. Sounds like new years resolution in the middle of the summer.

270 @ 5'11'' is class 2 obesity. one stage from morbid obesity

Skip the gym for now, your home workouts are fine. Focus on diet for now.
Lose weight before gaining muscle, trying to do both at the same time will fuck you up.
Get a better handle on your diet, count your calories, make sure to get the big vitamins the sticky lists.
Judging by your weight and height, counting calories and managing your diet should get you at a desirable thin in 5 months, maybe less if you're really diligent.
Once you're there, and want to start building muscle, you absolutely will want a gym membership. Many people have problems getting started at a gym but the reality is, without thousands of dollars of personal equipment, you won't make anywhere near the kind of progress that a gym will let you make.

Op, look into bodyweight fitness. I'm pretty sure there is a subreddit for it and it's great for getting fit on a budget. The other guys are right, your not going to get anywhere with just a couple sets of dumbbells. But you can do body weight fitness stuff for free and still get guys results.

I understand where we are and all, but if you really like this dude, his weight is kind of a shallow thing to worry about.
Fat people are generally awful but it's no reason to write someone off, especially if you're attracted to their personality already.

I know. I really like him, but I'm worried that I just thought he would be a little chubby but he might be HUGE. I dunno.