Flies

Pull ups

Rows

Lateral raise

Shrugs

Curls

Crunches

Back extension

t. triggerred gymcels who lift for ego to pick things up and put them down loudly so everyone can hear and look at how try hard cringe they are

Anything that's not crossfit is ego lifting :^)

Deadlifts are a meme for aesthetics, you should never train deadlifts unless you are in a sport that requires them, like PL or strongman. For physique and general athleticism, there is no point in training them heavy, they cause more fatigue than they're worth.
>inb4 user is a DYEL
I train exclusively front squat, leg press, hip thrusts, power clean/snatch and unilateral work, and pulled 455x3 diddly, for the first time deadlifting since the SS days, when I stalled at 255x5.

Arnie says you're a weak little twat
youtube.com/watch?v=o9zCgPtsups

You're still a DYEL :)

sure you did pal

I try to be quiet with my workouts, thank you very much. Momma raised a good boy.

>implying this is even hard to believe

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108254311

Greg Nuckols pulled in the low 400s the first time he did a diddy bc he grew up in the woods/farm lifting logs, chopping wood and shit. GPP goes a long way.

>lift that uses virtually all muscles, directly or indirectly
>ego lift

>should never train deadlifts unless you are in a sport that requires them
if you were training for aesthetics, would not lifting heavier weight (while controlling the weight to rep like you should rep) be beneficial?
Deadlifting makes your body stronger, allowing you to lift heavier on the aesthetic training?

Deadlifting makes you good at deadlifting. Just like benching makes you good at benching. Deadlifting a lot isn't going to make you better a lat pulldowns, curls, pullups, forearms work, shrugs, rows, rear delt flies, etc, etc any more than benching is going to make your vertical jump better.

Wow. Just wow. And, btw, if you have a good foot plant, the bench press is a viable full body exercise, teaching the full body control you need to do everything better. A competition bench is more of a lat/tricep exercise than chest exercise. It's like you niggers don't even irradiation.

> Deadlifting a lot isn't going to make you better a lat pulldowns, curls, pullups, forearms work, shrugs, rows, rear delt flies, etc, etc any more than benching is going to make your vertical jump better.

Are you retarded? Deadlifting hits all of those muscles. Not as much as their respective isolated exercises. And you example is stupid, obviously benching won't help your jump. It'll help anything involving chest, Tris, and delts

>the bench press is a viable full body exercise
No, it's not. Just because a muscle is statically contracting doesn't mean it's getting stronger. If that were the case we could sit around flexing and get fucking huge.

Tell you what. Since you're proposing some breakthrough in strength training. Go test your vert, bench for 3 months and retest. Screencap this thread and post the video of the inches you managed to add.

heart pumps

shut the fuck up

>Deadlifting hits all of those muscles
Statically. Good luck doing more pullups, or adding weight to your rows, curls, and etc.

>I found out I'm retarded and now I'm mad >:|

>a bunch of people saying all power exercises are memes

Unless you're contributing to the society in some way while you're doing it, all you do is egolifting
Go work in some construction or some shit

>work construction

No thanks. I'll keep my joints in good health and just lift to be physically stronger and more attractive.

Then you're an egolifter

I don't see the deadlift as an ego lift.

AlphaDestiny's 1000lb+ 2" ROM rack pulls and other bullshit lifts that bend bars are ego lifts

Real ego lifts are
Lat pulldowns
Shrugs

2/10

Ass gajns, m8. Strong muscleass looks good. A lot of girls like good manly ass. If you are gay, well, you are in an even better place.
When it comes to perfomance in sports, deadlifts are pretty damn good in general.

>people caring if memes are lifts or not
>not just lifting because it keeps you from blowing your brains out in one way or another

Seriously getting Veeky Forums is for the pleasure you get, whether its by being aesthetic, lifting heavy, or whatever. If you give a shit what anybody else is doing you're not gonna make it

Also deadlifts are fun and can help burn more fat in the long run so there's that

>ego lifts

And why shouldn't something be an ego lift? Why shouldn't you become the best fucking thing on the planet? There's only ever gonna be one of you, so make it the best you that the world has seen.

working a muscle isometrically does make it stronger, and some muscles, like the core or forearms/grip, have most of their utilitarian value in their isometric strength.

when picking small shit up and using it, your forearm and wrist spend 90% of the time in isometric contraction and not active pronation/supination. when you hold your body in position to use your hands or when you pick up a large object off the ground, you don't actively twist or contort your body such that your core is in active motion - you brace it so you can manipulate things with your limbs.

deadlifts are pretty efficient for overall strength as far as barbell training goes. if you're focused on health, aesthetics, or strength, you can check a lot of boxes and waste less time in the gym