/plg/ powerlifting general

>IPF world record is below 400kg
lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NRBKMnDPucM
youtube.com/watch?v=Nx1ytBh6kgU
powerlifting.com.ar/Falpo Raw power men.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've stalled once and for all on Greyskull LP.

Going to do some volume/muscle building training for a period of time.

Is it a good idea to use the same Greyskull workouts, just chance the set and rep scheme?

dude, most people have trouble with 40 kg

Things you wish you knew before your first meet.

>I need to do all 3 lifts?!?

how to not embarrass myself

My delts are absolutely wrecked and my body is fucked. I think I confused my muscles.

hook gripped 4 plate

My thumbs were in serious pain

>tfw you fail w3d1 AGAIN

starting to think I might be a gde lads

>I empathize with Oly lifters criticism because that shit has less retarded judging and it's really fucking obvious if there's a no lift.

Except for press out calls. They are a crapshoot. The C&J that won Sarah Robles a bronze before the manatee failed a drug test was pressed out every bit as much as the one by the Iranian that got changed to redlights on review.

This, so many bullshit press-out calls both ways.

okay so this mornings Norman khan is smellier than last nights Norman khan..

Looks like this Norman khan wasn't ready to swim to India yet.. It just didn't wanna leave and put up a fight

Oh well back to India you go..

i never understood how people are so incompetent when it comes to hookgrip

if you get pain then youre not hookgripping properly or you have a bar that does not rotate but then you have a really shit bar

Or it's been less than 2 months since he started training it, you autistic elitist

so youre basicly saying hes doing it wrong, I agree

No, I'm saying his skin and bones aren't accustomed which makes it painful even if he grips with perfect form
Tldr post body

No need to think. You are user :^))))

>even if he grips with perfect form
nope

It's a rogue power bar so it does spin

I've hook gripped for several months and pulled 5 hundos with it. Still hurts.
No biggie.

hook may hurt a little but its nothing out of this world

hook a bar that doesnt spin with heavy weight and you'll redefine what pain is

Nuckols 3x int bench - thoughts?

Also, how much cardio/conditioning do you do?

@trappychan_

see it makes me feel bad about myself, therefor its bad. I run a couple of times a week, havent been consistent lately tho because of my new job :(

come to my ends and ill bang you out f a m

Nuckols is good

I run 3 mornings per week and skip rope 3 other mornings. 1 day with no cardio.

>ywn bench 5plate ezpz raw

How heavy his bod?

105 kg.

tfw cant even squat this

kill me

I somehow failed week 2 day 1 but week 3 day 1 felt ez :/

any way to minimise slight soreness in lateral and rear delt? have to binch today

I've only been on the program for 5 weeks and have done that day once accordingly, but holy fucking crapola, it's an absolute bastard.

Is ANYONE capable of moving those intensities for those reps, without underestimating 1RM or taking 10 minute rests?

wut program

also can someone tell me what fucking gde stands for

nuckols bench int

Genetic dead end

>German Defense Entourage
They have a reputation of being ineffective, so when people say gde, it has negative connotations.

I wasn't actually expecting a serious response you fag haha !

Thank you

No you're a fag

:3

People on Veeky Forums toss around 1/2/3/4pl8 as when someone becomes a moderately respectable lifter, but what I'm curious about is what's a healthy ratio?
Should you really have a 90lb gap between your squat and deadlift? Or bench and OHP? What's a balanced physique in terms of the big 4?

1/2/3/4 is actually kinda balanced. OHP is maybe low by 20lbs and you can add 20lbs to squat and take them off deadlift or just add 40lbs to squat in general. In reality everyone is pretty different.

squat/deadlift would depend on build, the ratio could be anywhere from 0.9 to 2

bench/ohp should be proportional, since its basic shoulder flexion but different angle.
Terrible ohp:bench would be ~60%, if you have this ratio you probally rarely ohp
decent would be 70-80%
great would be +80%, you probally ohp more frequently than you bench here

Technically we're in /plg/ so training OHP more than the competition lift it's supposed to assist is much worse than choosing not to train OHP at all.

Who is Sean and why does he do what he does? How long has he been doing it?

It's okay

I didn't want to bench much anyways ;_;

Sean is a Canadian man
He trolls sp and plg because he literally hasn't got ANYTHING else to do
He has been doing it for 10 years now no joke

your not gonna win. Treat it as a learning experience

Makes sense. I was trying to figure out what I need to do to bring my numbers into balance. Currently my bench is way outpacing everything else (and I need to up my ohp), due to a long recovery from knee injury, I've only just sorted out my squat form, thanks in large part to some videos linked by /plg/
>back squat: 225 x 6
>front squat 155 x 5
>deadlifts 305 x 6
>bench 205 x6
>incline bench 155 x 6
>seated military 125 x 6
Obviously my quads are extremely weak, I'm incline benching my front squat numbers.

Shits fake bar didnt bend

Wide grip buddy.

Doesnt matter

front squat should be 85-90% of your back squat ideally if its less yeah you have a quad imbalance

Fil lifts that shit in competition bro. How new are you?

Yes it does. Half the lever length is like a quarter of the weight. The middle part of the bar isn't holding any weight.

Is the best way to fix that just to front squat more? Or hit leg press and leg extensions

Start by front squatting more, then think about adding other shit.

you can still cheat in the front squat so unless you have godtier body awareness I would say leg press more

rather 10 lbs on OHP, 65 kg OHP to 100 kg bench is probably the most proportional and a common ratio for someone that trains both

Is his butt actually on the bench though?

I had a decent Bench session yesterday

Warm up to 275lbs x 1
260 x 8
260 x 9 (felt good so I did another)
225 x 12

Wanted to go for 15 with 2plates but was a little tired by then. Taking a break from heavy sets with some moderate weight. Really fun repping stuff out lately. Aiming to go for 350x1 soon. Wanna get 305x5 first, so I have some work to do.

>70-80%
nowhere close. terrible ratio is more like 50% of bench and good 70%, usual ratio is 60-65 for someone that does both. If your OHP is 70-80 of bench something is off, either push press or bad bench

I already have leg press in my routine but I'll devote more time to both. I'm sick of having poverty squats. Thanks lads

>you can still cheat in the front squat
¿Que?

>front squat should be 85-90% of your back squat

That's true for weightlifters who front squat a ton and squat highbar, for an average gym rat or powerlifter, 80% is probably more than high enough.

>OHP 70-80% of bench

saying this while the closest thing to a raw strict press WR (without olympic bend) we have is less than 200 kg and bench 330 kg. Do you even lift lad? Or maybe you meant push press, in which case the ratio is correct, push press is usually 0.8-0.9 of what you can bench

I know this is /plg/ and you want to imagine that you can press much more than those stupid strongmen and oly lifters but don't kid yourself man

if my routine is ABxABxx (where A=Push+Legs and B=Pull) and I skipped yesterday's A workout, would it be better to do Fullbody today or to just rest 1 day less in the weekend and do xABxABx (where I basically push my schedule 1 day later)?

and to bring up an example of a well rounded stronk guy, Brian Alsruhe:

Strict press 315 PR
Push press 405 PR
Bench press 505 PR

ratios:
>Strict press (what we call OHP on Veeky Forums) to Bench press 0.62
>Push press to Bench press 0.8

and that's for a strongman, who does tons of overhead work, meaning he's a strong presser. Someone with pure PL background that can bench ~200 kg will be closer to a 100 kg strict press, see e.g. Romano Rengel

>Brian Alsruhe:
>Strict press 315 PR
>Push press 405 PR
>Bench press 505 PR
HOLY SHIT

Or just call it an extra rest day and get right back into your training?

when is this shit going to the olympics?

>saying this while the closest thing to a raw strict press WR
since the majority of people who train train the bench press way more frequently than the ohp whatever WR there will be skewed

and youre wrong about the 200kg eddie hall did a 216kg axle press

>you can still cheat in the front squat
don't think so man
lean too far forward and the far falls off your delts

that's not a strict press though, it involves a bit of olympic technique. And that's fully valid as there is not a guideline in the axle press, if he wanted he could exaggerate it towards the ~230 kg olympic press record as they did in the 1960's

and no, strongmen do more overhead work so it's not skewed at all when you compare the two at elite levels. I'm considering my powerlifting buddies and 70-80% is total bullshit unless he meant Push press lad. Strict press - Bench press, they are under 0.6 and closer to 0.5-0.55, partially because they don't train it as much. Someone that trains both equally will be around 0.6-0.65 (like brian alsruhe), and 0.7-0.75 (at most) is reserved for someone (maybe an olylifter) that doesn't bench at all.

>Expecting powerlifting to join when normies buy tickets to see beach volley, ping pong, badminton, sharpshooting, archery and fucking CURLING
Short answer: no
Long answer: why do you care?

very bad reasoning

show me a guy who does the ohp as frequently as the bench, you'll find very little examples out there

one example is klokov, strict presses 162kg and benches 170kg for 3 here

youtube.com/watch?v=NRBKMnDPucM
youtube.com/watch?v=Nx1ytBh6kgU

do you mean to just do my Push+Legs today and continue or to rest until Thursday and continue?

that's rather an example for someone that doesn't bench at all.

And brian alsruhe is quite a good example for someone who does both equally, though as a strongman it might be skewed towards the overhead work. And his ratio is still "only" 0.62.

Thinking you can press 0.7-0.8 of what you bench is wishful thinking, if you're not doing much strict presses at all from a PL background you can be happy if you hit 0.5 the first time and work up from there.

Just do your A day and get back into the cycle. Or jump on a real program with built-in progression.

>show me a guy who does the ohp as frequently as the bench
>one example is klokov, who is a professional weightlifter and obviously ohps more than he benches
Ha ha ha :^)

I am tired of telling people I do weighlifting because they dont know what the fuck powerlifting is.
Also raw IPF worlds are 10 times a better sport than many of the shit they already have

>I am tired of telling people I do weighlifting because they dont know what the fuck powerlifting is.
I do the same. Who cares? Don't be an autist
>Also raw IPF worlds are 10 times a better sport than many of the shit they already have
Yes, that was exactly my point. It doesn't matter how much "better" a sport is, it matters how much it sells. Powerlifting doesn't sell. As you said, normies don't even know it, so they don't care to buy tickets
Simple

i have an ohp 1rm or 200lbs but a bench of 170

170 kg that is

>My height is 5 foot and 35 cm
Why?

you say this now but you would get so wet if that ever happens.
Suddenly all this "I don care bro" would transform in "cant wait to see the olympics lads im cumming".

the sample size is very little so that guy isnt an prime example

contrary to common knowledge weightlifters dont actually practice the overhead press PL'ers probally do it more. They do push presses instead which has way more carryover

Klokov is known for his strict press as opposed to e.g. torokthiy. Push press has a good carryover to strict press, and high loads on jerk stabilization translate to good delt development too.

60% of bench is a more accurate ratio than 80% on just about any dataset, including e.g. the strength standard polling

Disclaimer: I don't do oly and I'm just interested in learning about it.

Wouldn't you expect to get better returns from pressing over head? Push pressing seems less useful than a partial rack Press from the forehead if lockout strength is your goal. I get that the push adds an explosive factor similar to the jerk but I think pressing and partial pressing would give more benefit. Or are you only aiming to get accustomed to using leg drive to get the weight to lockout?

push press teaches leg drive utilization (and moreover its control) as well

I didn't say weightlifters press often, I said they press more often than they bench

Do my bench set like usual, do my fahves. The last rep is a bit of a grinder, but has steady pace and only insignificant form breakdown. Guy at the other side of the room racks his squat and rushes over to help me. I have to yeall "don't touch it" as he flies through the air to take my barbell from me.

It's not like even if I was failing the rep I would die.. Fuck my lads, some people..

how many national records would you have in my country?
powerlifting.com.ar/Falpo Raw power men.pdf
lmao
one day Im gonna bulk to 120kg and have my name there

That's because people in the 3rd world don't have enough money to be fat. Those who do are too busy working to lift.

Try moving on to 3x10 then 8s and 6 and then 5s again.

woah

I plan on eating the shittiest and cheapest rice and oats I can find.

Cutting weight is retarded

This I learned how to properly hook grip in two weeks, now I get no pain on singles and the only time I get legit pain is when I use it for rep work (wouldn't reccomend.)

Pancakes for dinner, lots of sugar no idea about the calories. Just kill me lads.

>Push pressing seems less useful than a partial rack Press
sorry but youre clueless

all weightlifters do push press very frequently, it is very similiar to the jerk. OHP isnt that common amongst weightlifters some just might do it occasionally to increase shoulder mass