Saw a DYEL squatting 3pl8

How the fuck is this possible? Dude legit had tiny arms chest and back. He was squatting 2pl8 for reps then he 1RM 3pl8. Wtf? His form was perfect too

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/size-vs-strength/
youtube.com/watch?v=9Uuw7Kyyi9M
youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg&t=266s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Functional Strength

I-is it possible to learn this power?

You need to do weighted dips 3 times a week and go vegan.

big arms, chest, and back is not required to squat 315

very little muscle mass in general is required to squat 315, even in the quads/glutes

I do crossfit and powerlifting, and there's a guy at my crossfit class who can front squat 315+, backsquat around 360, powerclean 225, the dude weight 150lbs, I dont understand, he's tiny

So what is required to squat 315

Maybe he's not a pussy.

yes, but not from a /fraud/

1/2/3/4 is the begginer standard

2pl8 reps, 3pl8 1RM.. so this was

good form and a decent posterior chain, which in many cases are muscles that don't even show

>How the fuck is this possible?
>His form was perfect too

Case dismissed

You are a brainlet who follows the "fitness" industry/community and who has totally skewed idea of what strength and decent muscularity means.

315 is not heavy

~4 months of doing ss consistently.

>ITT memelords that squat 142,5kg

140kg is heavy by any normal standard, that's like saying a 11,5 second 100m sprint isn't fast because Bolt ran one in 9,79 seconds.

then again, for a Olympic sprinter, 11.5 seconds is slow

>normal standard

strength=/=size

t. weak squat and 26.5" quads at low bodyfat, I'm fucking pathetic strength-wise but my legs are pretty joocy from doing high rep shit back in the days

I've never even tested my 1RM squat, but I'm guessing it's >2pl8 without even training it

You can have a lot of strength with little muscle volume, you'd know this if you did more cardio and stopped believing in the bulking meme.

You're definitely wrong.

If you don't train squat your 1RM is probably like 160lbs

That's not true. Muscles are what make you strong.

Beyond priming your CNS and just getting the form right, your strength is directly proportional to your muscle mass.

That's why people who lift heavy weights are jacked.

You will never see someone who's not jacked (or absolutely fat) repping 225.

Nah, I do that for five easy.

Do people with higher muscle mass have a higher strength ceiling than those who got strong by CNS gains alone?

If your "normal standards" are standards for people who have never done anything physical, OK. But since we are talking about people who go to the gym, every male should be able to squat 140 kg after their first year of training, for reps even. If they can't they have been on an absolutely terrible program or have not been eating enough.

I started squatting with 50 kg. In about 6 months I was doing sets of 5 reps with 120 kg which translates to about 140 kg 1RM. That's +70 kg in 26 weeks, which means +2,69 kg every week. That's not even impressive.

>You will never see someone who's not jacked (or absolutely fat) repping 225.

I see girls and DYELs do that all the time. 225 for reps is not impressive in the least.

>tfw my 1RM for front squat is 300 lbs

Thought I was gonna die when I tested it out desu

Maybe he meant kg.

I have been lifting for two weeks and rep 80kg so I dont see how 2pl8 is a lot to rep for a dyel. also why would his chest size matter for squats?

I'm out of shape, DYEL by Veeky Forums standards and repped 225 for 15 in one set last week for shit and giggles.

After I hit 3 pl8 back squad, I stopped doing that meme fatty shitter lift and reverted to front squad.

My long femurs and knees have never thanked me more. And as a bonus, fronts helped in making my back hella shredded

most people who go to the gym dont squat three times a week, so even for a gymgoer repping 120kg is definitely a high squat, even more so within 6 months.

I mostly wonder about the opposite
>guy obviously has more muscle mass than me
>benches 20kg
that's less then half of what i do and i still consider myself a dyel

or
>fag has nice shoulders and arms
>half repping curls with 10kg dumbbels and doing crossfit pullups

Like I said if they can't squat 140kg after a year of training they have been on a terrible program. You can get there after a year even if you squat 2 times a week.

While I do understand where you're coming from

>implying everyone lifts for strength

strength=/=size anywhere before advanced-elite strength levels
wrong, at low levels it's mostly CNS priming

I honestly have never met anyone online who wasn't squatting 315 within 6 months of training.

It's probably not even possible to post here if you aren't rapping 225 almost immediately.

>tfw bench 130 kg, OHP 80 kg, Row 140 kg
>tfw last squat set was 80 kg for 5

lmaoing at my life

You don't need a big chest, arms or back to squat

also I'm , I'm sure I have bigger legs than some people who squat 4-5 pl8

to be fair, I don't really train my squat for strength, could do more if i wanted

225 is not that much for squats, plenty of people who look like shit repping 225

>front squats
>back
wat

I've never done front squats, but I'm pretty sure keeping your body uptight with a big weight on your shoulders must be a lot of work for the spinal erectors.

*upright

>I honestly have never met anyone online who wasn't squatting 315 within 6 months of training.
and at the same time i never see anybody squatting 2 plates in real life. it's a commercial gym so i don't really see people squatting much at all except some grills, but then they go and do meme exercises like hip raises

I think you found Goku senpai

Retard detected

Same here

The heaviest I have seen is literally 3pl8 by a guy from the local weightlifting club

>I honestly have never met anyone online who wasn't squatting 315 within 6 months of training.
Kek

>beginner standard
Riiiiiight. All the beginner skellies in my gym can barely bench 75lbs, let alone squat 135.

Where are all these people who squat 140kg after 6 months of training? I've been to gyms for probably close to 8 years now. Commercial gyms mostly, but seeing people squat anything over 120kg is rare.

>4months

Strength =/= size

probably skier. did he have dat ass?
did cold-slip-n-slide for 14 years before starting to lift, could barely bench ORM 45kg but my squat was repping 105 easy

Its called E-statting. And everyone here is fucking terrible about it. Ive seen like 3 dudes at my gym go for a 3pl8 squat and like 1 dude (besides some fucking dyel kid who loaded the bar and left it after not even trying to lift it) deadlift 4pl8.

legs=/=upper body his bench is shit

It should be your goal as a beginner you sarcastic twit

bench is a meme exercise anyway

Commercial gyms is your answer m8, most people that like to lift would not go to commerical gyms.

Go to a black iron gym where literally people bench 4pl8 and squat 6pl8s+

lmao 1 rep of 3 pl8 is nothing

not for one rep, cmon

Same. Used to train aesthetics. Now trying strength training for a while. I'm pretty big and juicy and my squal and deadlift are shit.
>incels face when they see me squat 80kg
>incels face when they see me bench 120kg right after

post body

>it's posted on a memepic, it must be true

Oh look is another
>If you're not squatting 3pl8s after a couple of months training you're a pussy ass beta faggot low test bitch.

>Have a guy start from bar and go to 500 lbs in 2 years posts video and guy is not even overweight.
>Gais it takes you 10 years to hit 2 pl8 squat also everyone else is an e-stater because my shitty 24/7 smith machine gym doesn't have 2pl8 squatter.
kys

I was always the worst kid at sports. I weighed 63 kilos when I started and I went from low bar to high bar to low bar to high bar ATG paused squats. I decided to stay consistent with the ATG paused squats and got to 5x5 with two plates. Nine months after starting the gym.
I tried 3 pl8 a bit before the year and I got it grinding a lot and with horrible form.
I repeat, I was always the worst at sports. So dont be a faggot.

This shit again.

1) A ton of factors influence strength beyond muscle size and skill with the movements used to test strength. The strength of individual muscle fibers, normalized muscle force, muscle moment arms, and body proportions can all have significant, independent effects on strength.

2) Just as there’s massive variability in muscle growth – some people gaining a ton of muscle in response to training, and other people gaining very little – there’s massive variability in strength gains as well. Normalized muscle force (how strong a muscle is relative to how large it is) can increase up to 39% for some people and decrease by as much as 5% for others, in response to the exact same training program.

3) Early on in training, there’s a very weak relationship between gains in muscle and gains in strength. Gains in muscle mass may explain as little as 2% of the variation in strength gains for new lifters.

4) For more experienced lifters, gains in muscle mass may explain up to 65%+ of the variability in strength gains, highlighting hypertrophy as a key factor for strength gains in trained lifters.

5) Training style has a big impact on the ratio of strength you gain relative to size, with heavier training generally producing larger gains in strength.
strongerbyscience.com/size-vs-strength/
pic related, differently sized ribcages result in superior leverages for the big framed guy.

All bullshit. Post one video of a small guy taking 3 plates ass to grass. Not that parallel bullshit but full blown Olympic squat with your ass about 6 inches above the ground and I will suck his dick

are you really this fucking delusional? 3 plate is fucking nothing. next time try not falling for meme routines

youtube.com/watch?v=9Uuw7Kyyi9M

I'm 65kg dyel and deadlift 170kg. It's called strength training. Anyone who can't deadlift atleast 3pl8 don't lift.

Lmao implying that a handful of genetic freaks can do it means I'm delusional and it's possible. Love to see all you e stat tickets post your videos of your quarter squats

Nah, I guarantee you if you put on more weight you'll look a whole lot better.

I seen black people only bench 135 all the time and still look super swolled

You can get buff with a lighter weight but your progress with halt and stagnate if you don't increase and you can't increase, in most cases, without learning form; most people don't do this

Also, a lot of people you wouldn't say are on roids, are on roids

people respond to stimuli differently. Some have an easier time gaining and maintaing muscle mass than others, just the way it is

>Veeky Forums claims to start squatting lmao1plate!1 for 5 reps
>Rippetoe, who works with athletes, reports starting squat weight at around 30 kg for 5 reps
really made me think...

>being a traplet

I don't squat but my deadlift is getting just to an intermediate level and I feel like I'm getting filled out. That said my lbm isn't increasing too fast even though my lifts are. I could see both points. Just train a variety of lifts and progress on all your muscle groups. You'll make it buddy.

also if you dont reach 3 pl8 for reps in something like 4 months you are not doing the program

>be skinny
>do ss
>don't go in large surplus

TUH DUH

This. Niggers are out here doing 175 MAX on the bench, looking swole af, while the whitebois I see 1RM 265 have arms only a bit bigger than mine.

what was that?
youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg&t=266s

Probably will, but I'm cutting instead.

Its 7 months starting with the bar, or 18 weeks starting from 1pl8. Its perfectly realistic for a 1 rep max in that time.

unless you're a genetic dead-end this won't hinder you as much as you'd think.

Genetics play a huge part when taking muscle bellies etc in account. Not with hormonal differences.

People's metabolisms are also different but that doesn't mean you can blame being fat on you having a slow metabolism.

The people that lift little and look big are riding the wave of noob gains, if you lift long enough and they do to, you'll see them stagnate

Tfw you wasted your noob gains doing 3x10 on stupid machines and not dieting properly.

Oh, no its 12 weeks starting at 1 pl8, 18 starting at the bar. And this is for 3x5, not 1rm

how much do you weigh?

Threads like this make me think only ~10% or less people on fit actually lift. Everyone's acting like 3pl8 is baby's first milestone when I can count the number of people I've seen squatting 3pl8 or over on my hands. And I just go to a uni gym usually. I'm at the local Y for my summer and I've only seen 3 serious lifters do it. I haven't seen a single girl do 2pl8 either.

3 pl8 for reps I agree is not that easy and common
but as a one rep max?cmon

ITT: Edgy memelord trolls claiming that 1/2/3/4 for 5 reps is easy and should be obtained within a year.

They're not?

It's harder to reach that goal for people who start has Skellies. I was a former xc runner so I know. And you have to realize that 3pl8 is strong to literally every Normie on the planet. I was considered an average HS runner and I could do a mile under 5 and a low 17min 5k. Now I wasn't that fast compared to other runners but to Normies I was practically a demigod with those times.

Have some perspective user. Everyonr comes from different places and not everyone is a serous lifter.

They aren't very good lifts. They are milestones for beginners to reach in their first year of training. They feel good when you hit them, but realize they aren't really shit once you hit 4 plate squat and 5 plate dead after that. 2/3/4 isn't 1,000 club.

They're "good" in the fact that they take a little time to reach, but they aren't actually impressive "good". You'll see 165 lb teenagers with 2 years of training under their belts smoking those numbers at local PL meets.

Because 3pl8 doesnt require you to have left the dyel stage you dyel

Because beginner doesnt mean first 2 weeks tahts why you dumb shitter