Simple Questions

1. Can the human body really only process about 10 grams of protein an hour?

2. Can the human body "save" up protein for later use?

3. Is a gram of protein per kilo of weight about right for muscle growth?

4. Are rest days necessary at all?

5. How long does the body stay in an anabolic state, using protein to repair and augment muscles? For now, I think of it as 24 to 48 hours and possiblly more.

6. Is it better to focus sessions on muscles or do full body every time?

7. How long can you fast before your body taps into something other than your fat?

And don't forget to quite the questions with your answers, nobody will learn the questions by heart.

I'll enjoy the shitfest from here. Good luck /fat/.

Why don't you fucking answer? Are you choking on shakes, you cumz-guzzling prote-sucking motherfuckers?

Red sticky

I did, many, many times. It doesn't answer my questions, and you fucking know it you cocksucker. Why don't you shove some dumbbell up your boy vagina instead of being a fucking retard all over the place?

You are a fucking waste of space.

Raid Stuckey's

The sticky is flawed.

Prove me wrong. You can't

Come on, fairies.

Making this a general questions thread.

Been using dumbbells for a while, but have noticed no actual strength gains. Lifting these 15lb weights is still as difficult as it was. I've just gotten better at struggling against the biting pain and can now do it until my nerves seize and I'm momentarily paralyzed.

What am I doing wrong?

The sticky

What exercises are you doing?

You're being a fuck wit and jumped to a weight you can't handle instead of building up to it.

how long have you been at it? i started on 25 a month ago, now im pumping these bintches out with not only my dom right hand, but my left too.

still cant do 35's yet, giving myself 2 more months, the best i can say is make sure youre practicing proper form, and if youre not feeling a burn and youre straining youre not doing it right, drop down to a 10

Typical Veeky Forumsards. Just shut the fuck up.

Oh, I can handle them just fine. I went from 10s to 15s ages ago.

Since you're not responding to my fucking question, I'll have to guess.

Do military presses. Go for 6 to 10 reps. If you can only manage 6, do that, and go up to 10. It may take weeks.

Military presses is the only exercises I use dumbbells for. With your strength, you can still use pushups. Do 5 sets as usual, and consider upgrading for the bench press once you can do 5 sets of 12 easily.

Also, when we say doing 8 reps, it means the weight you use means you couldn't do 10 with it.

Various exercises meant to work different muscle groups that I don't know the actual names of. Basically anything that won't fuck up my rotator cuff. I curl them, lift them, keep them raised.

Pushups. Inclined pushups.

That's why you're not gaining. Diversity is bullshit: you'll work your muscles separately doing 5 different exercises when you could do one good compound movement instead and use your energy to grow strength.

Focus on military presses, and load that bitch up so you can do no more than 10, even just 6. Work that shit, 5 sets. You shouldn't be able to do too many sets.

If you do your exercises correctly you won't fuck up your articulations.

Do you eat enough protein?

As a noob, you can get shitloads of progress doing only these:

>military presses
>pushups
>pullups / chinups if pullups are too hard
>squats

If you're weak, you can squat your own bodyweight and it'll kill your legs already.

Any questions?

>3. Is a gram of protein per kilo of weight about right for muscle growth?
1 g per lean body mass (!) should be no mistake

>4. Are rest days necessary at all?
Muscle growth and repair happens while resting and takes time.

>5. How long does the body stay in an anabolic state, using protein to repair and augment muscles? For now, I think of it as 24 to 48 hours and possiblly more.
Your assumption may help you to answer the 4. question by yourself.

>6. Is it better to focus sessions on muscles or do full body every time?
Depends. If you are a beginner, then full body is fine, for advanced lifters it may make sense to split – depending on their goals and ambitions. I assume, most people here on Veeky Forums have goals that may be reached in a better way by splitting.

Thanks for the knowledge.

As for protein, I incorporate 2 scoops of protein powder a day into a poor man's diet of single serving soups and meals. Whole point of trying to get in shape for me is to get out of the hole I've fallen into.

>Can the human body really only process about 10 grams of protein an hour?
1. No, complete bullshit

> Can the human body "save" up protein for later use?
2. No

>Is a gram of protein per kilo of weight about right for muscle growth?
3. Numerous differing opinions, but usually it's fine for 1g per pound of lean body mass. 1.5-2g per pound of lean mass if you're cutting.

>Are rest days necessary at all?
4. Yes, you need at least 1 day to allow your muscles and CNS to recover

> How long does the body stay in an anabolic state, using protein to repair and augment muscles? For now, I think of it as 24 to 48 hours and possiblly more.
5. 24-48 hour window is about right

> Is it better to focus sessions on muscles or do full body every time?
6. Depends for everyone. Honestly it mostly comes down to pure preference. Some people like PPL routines, other like Upper-Lower, and some like Bro splits. Just find what you prefer.

>How long can you fast before your body taps into something other than your fat?
7. I know people that do 24 hour fasts, and look great. I honestly don't know the answer to this

I agree, it only addresses the bare minimum. But that's its main purpose

For like a year now any pressure on my palm that goes in the direction of my elbow causes quite extreme pain in my wrist. Really hindering my ability to do even some of the most basic of exercises. Anyone had experience with this?

>Your assumption may help you to answer the 4. question by yourself.

No, because a lot of people take zero rest days and it still works. You sleep every night, so you get 8 hours of repair time all the time, and I don't experience loss of strength a day after a session, though it hurts more.

>No, complete bullshit

I'd like you to elaborate. The idea is that protein is only taken at a specific point in your gut, and more than 15 grams or so means it goes right through. Makes sense to me, though the number may be wrong.

If they don't have any rest days, they're doing a split. They're not working certain muscle groups everyday.