So are we all in agreement that $8,000 is still possible by fork time?

So are we all in agreement that $8,000 is still possible by fork time?

I'm sold on the idea that it will start pumping extremely hard as it gets closer to the day.

yeah about 9 days, plenty of time for a pump, BTC is cooling off after it rally, you saw what happened last time right? BTC pumped hard again

I'm starting to think that it will be tanked before the cme futures market opens, so that the billionaires can buy in cheap.

How do you know $7500 wasn't the peak and it's back to $2k from here?

If that is the case, it should touch 7400-7500 anyway before fork time. The simple truth is that the "free money" mentality is still here and will get hotter the closer it gets to the date. Once it picks up a bit, FOMO will kick in again. The bottom line is that its more likely to touch 7500 than 6500 at this point.

I'm 3/4 in BTC right now and I honestly doubt it 7500 looks like it was the peak. Fuck, I don 't know what to do.

>20% roi while alts jump up 50%+

last time there was another fork happening soon

>Everyone and their dog expects a crash post-fork so the whales decide to crash early

Parabolic

Dips will be bought

The whales are still going to want their 2x though. They will have no choice but to buy back in eventually this week.

Absolutely

Ah, I see the denial phase has started.

This seems the most likely to me; the whales have probably been cashing out on the slow money wave buying into the fork FOMO. I just can't see how bitcoin can keep going up when there are literally 16 million new bitcoin-equivalent coins now in circulation with bitcoin cash, something like 10% market cap just popping into existence out of thin air.

problem is here everybody knows that there wont be two chains as one inevitably dies. no free money :( you can't lie even to normies

Expect massive price action 2-3 days before the actual fork time
No replay protection, no free coins

Massive price action most likely downwards

1000 coins try to copy bitcoin, and it defeats all of them

That's a bullish sign, not bearish

Inb4 muh innovative shitcoins

It's not about copying, it's that bitcoin cash is for all practical purposes exactly the same - including the mining hardware.

And pic related is not sustainable; that's not how markets work.

It's like you weren't around when BCC went 10x.

with huge adoption of bitcoin in the form of futures this is how markets work.

sauce?

>"free money"
why would that be the case
no token is being created

Once normies after the fork come and try to buy bitcoin, they realize there's like 4 different bitcoins to try and choose from and probably choose some other coin instead.

>And pic related is not sustainable; that's not how markets work.

People like you have been barking about this since January. Let the bodies hit the floor.

>huge adoption
>futures
That's not adoption, that's making it legal for wall st to speculate without nasty FinCen paperwork. Futures let you short like a madman and corner markets, it's not just going to be a one way shot to the moon when wall st money gets involved. With Jews you lose, man.

Uh yeah. No

Sauce?

I think otherwise. Bitcoin will go up a whole lot more. You guys see little drop and think btc ending has come. It will be 10k eoy.

Why the fuck would that happen? They're not gonna buy BTC from fucking bitcointalk forums on escrow, they're gonna go to coinbase you retard

I don't think you understand. This will be funds vs funds. Price action will get wild and crazy but I don't think it will be bad for the price in the long-term. The speculation just gets more intense

People will get the same amount of b2x as they have of btc.

It FUCKING better because i am planning on selling before the fork and i bought at 7500. Might an hero if it doesn't.

It's not looking good...

>trusting biz

The last time this numb nuts predicted 8k it went downhill literally a few hours after.

except alts didnt go up in conjunction yet.

Its actually i bet tether being sold. just my idea.

WE NEED MORE TETHERS ASAP!!!

It is. People think alts will rise like crazy when bitcoin tanks, which it wont. They are wrong, people sell bitcoin for tether.

You fucking idiots. No replay protection. Do you know what that means?

Doesn't matter. Bitfinex will pump either coin to new ATHs ad infinitum.
That's the new normal now.

when is the actual fork?, read people saying the 11th and others saying the 16th or 17th?

I set my sell limit to 8100

>low volume
>descending triangle

Does it looks like a bullish chart to you? The most realistic scenario is we're going back to 6000 or below..

Yeah, you just have to send your BTC to another address before sending your S2X.

they don't even need to, futures are not actual bitcoins, they can just short like crazy on day 1

Hopefully 16th or 17th because I just bought 0.2 BTC on coinbase and I'm not supposed to have them until the 15th

t. crypto noob

>No replay protection, no free coins
Fuck off, retard.

Ashlyn Rae

My omg bags are getting heavier by the day. Refuse to sell at a loss though, missing them sweet BTC gains

Hey faguette, explain how you would spend your BTC and your "free" B2X after the fork

Let's say you have BTC on Address A, you also have Address B, and C which are empty. After the fork you'll have equal amounts BTC and S2X on address A. You send your BTC to Address B, and at the same exact time send S2X to Address C. A replay attack wouldn't work because your transaction would be mined first and it would appear to the network as a double spend. Even if someone did somehow manage to replay the transaction, you wouldn't lose any coins because they would just go to an address owned by you. Once they're split up you can send either coin with no danger of losing the other coin.

>comparing BCH to 2x
lol

there is NO FREE MONEY
first of all, no replay protection
second, if you still manage to separate the coins and sell one chain you take the massive risk off selling the winning chain. By the time the winner is clear the other coin will be unusable and worthless.

Bitcoin Cash on the other hand has strong demand because it is the original bitcoin

As a complete fucking amateur to this whole crypto thing, I'm still trying to understand what this "fork" is. Can someone give me the tl;dr?

>first of all, no replay protection
There's exchanges that offer internal replay protection, and even if you don't use an exchange you could use the method I detailed here: >second, if you still manage to separate the coins and sell one chain you take the massive risk off selling the winning chain. By the time the winner is clear the other coin will be unusable and worthless.

There's nothing stopping you from selling both chains after the fork and waiting to see what happens to rebuy. Segwit 2x futures are about 0.2 BTC. That means as long as Bitcoin doesn't fall more than 20% (or around 5600) before you sell, it'll essentially be free money.

>5600
And there you have your value which btc will at least crash too, probly round 4.5

Why do people expect BTC to go up before the fork like the last one? There isn't a free token this time around.

This. I just bought a few thousands $ worth of bitcoin a day ago at 7k. No regrets. I don't sweat the small changes, playing the long game is smarter.

if you're not dumping ETH for BTC, what the hell are you doing?

>BCC went 10x.

2X won't go 10x because... ?

Answer me

do you know if bittrex offers replay protection?

If there are more people like you, we really are gonna crash this fork

Welp. A couple of Redditors shorted Bitcoin, and rented 10K Amazon servers to pose as miners to attack core Bitcoin, and paid a few low IQ morons to shill Veeky Forums and other media. So far relative to the massive effort ongoing, they are failing miserably. Very bullish for core Bitcoin.

Why

I responded to your post as you were typing it. I'm that good.

I am bored check em boys.

Oh God. Here we go. Virgins incoming.

There will still be 2 chains

I got booty call who u calling virgin virgin

$10k+ is the prediction of many by Jan 1st.

$25k+ by Jan 2019

I think it will stay right about where it is until, and after the fork

btc never crashes when, or as hard as people ever expect it to.

Buy BTC. Transfer it to Bitfinex. Put BTC in Margin wallet.

Buy Alts with 3.3x margin.

Best of both worlds.

What would you make in that case? +231%?

CME putting bitcoin futures 2 days before fork, last time they did this with gold, it x10'ed.
Of course BTC is going parabolic.

If you buy bitcoin on coinbase, I know they will lock in your exchange rate, but will they also lock in your 2x?