Bulking purgatory is so shitty. What do you guys do to push through it...

Bulking purgatory is so shitty. What do you guys do to push through it? Somedays when I look in the mirror I'll think I look just as skelly as I did 80 lbs ago. Other days I'll think, u look like a fat ass who's BF % has gotten out of hand.

These pictures were only taken a few days apart for example. The only difference is lighting.

Thoughts? Cut? Continue bulking? I'm 6'4 and only somewhere between 203 and 208.

Side view

You have body dysmorphia bud.
If youre really 6'4 208 then youre fine, just eat slightly above TDEE

How many calories are you currently eating?

And back.

I'd be happy to answer any questions. I'd like to be at least a little big. I just don't want to look shitty.

Get a haircut and work on your back muscles, you have lots of potential

lel. yes, this. stop being so hard on yourself, man. you look fine. keep at it, you're doing good.

Definitely have body dismorphia. How do I fix that? I usually eat around 3300 calories, trying to bulk much slower than I did in the beginning.

When I first started I bulked way to hard. I didn't count calories, and just ate everything I could. Ended up bulking from 127 to 195 in about a year. Then cut to 170. And then bulked to here in about 7 months.

start lifting you fatty.

Kek. Wish I could have thought of that before. Thanks user.

you look like shit because you still have high bodyfat. Hint: Cut to 10% and then bulk up to 15% again, rinse and repeat until you're 6'4" 210 at 10% bodyfat like that Chad who posts in the CBT

Was planning on doing both of those.

So you think I should keep bulking?

There's noticeable difference mate just keep at it and don't analyse yourself too much. Keep a record once a month and don't stare constantly cos I bet you get up just to look in the mirror. You're tall af too so don't expect to pack it fast

How old are you?
How many days a week are you training?
How long do your training sessions usually last?
Do you have a physically laborous job?

I can do a quick calculation for your TDEE. 3300 calories probably isnt too far off, but since you dont have a ton of muscle mass on you, i would just recommend eating at tdee or just slightly above. Beginner lifters never have to do on a crazy surplus to make gains. Thats a fucking meme.

I was just like you and now im going to do this also, stats?

Only thing is I don't want to be small. Should I suck it up and bulk until December and then cut? Or cut now and bulk later? I've heard both sides to cut and bulk.

What do you think I am? Luke 18-19% BF?

test levels are optimal in the range I mentioned. Suck it up and cut/bulk more, you will eventually be big.

Also bodyweight is just a number without bf% specified, so start to think long-term

And yeah, bodyfat is in the late teens atleast

The pictures are only a few days apart. The point is that it's hard to judge what to do when lighting or the day can make such a difference on what I look like.

>20
>Lift 3-6 days a week for 60-90 minutes doing PPL routine
>job isnt that laborous most of the time

ur really hot nohomo

Fair enough. What do you think I should cut to? 190? 185? There's no way in hell I'm going to 170s again.

yeah you would probably get to ~165 if you were to cut to 10% so I'd change the plan and rather set a minimum weight of e.g. 180 +-5 at which point you should be in the 10-15% range (~13 maybe in the example). After you reach this bottom bf%, commence a clean bulk (figure out diet such that weight gain isn't too fast but steady, and training progress continues as well).

bodyweight determinations at our height aren't really accurate as water weight fluctuations can be a big part without visible change, take that as you will.

Based off of everything you said, your TDEE is ~2767

Thats considering that youre training at least 5 days a week for a minimum of 75 minutes. If youre doing alot more than that than your TDEE may be closer to the 2900 range but id stick with the first number and work up if youre not building muscle.

I would stick to eating 3k calories and just training as much as possible. Sure you COULD cut, but you dont have enough muscle mass on you now to where youd look good at low body fat. Youd just be going backwards. I would recommend doing a very clean bulk to 215, then seeing how your body composition has changed.

Sounds good. I'll probably bulk to 185. It's gonna suck being small, but at least I'll look better.

For cut should I stick to PPL, but do swimming for cardio on rest day?

I actually like that idea. The last thing I want is to go backwards. So bulk at maybe 3000 calories?

I could suffer high BF% a bit longer. Then again I'd suffer being small if I cut. It's probably my best option.

You probably wont gain too much body fat if any if you focus on staying at 3k cals a day. You still have alot of noob gains to make, so theres a good chance youll drop bodyfat while putting on LBM